United States Post Officechanging the ups stores address from ste to pmv

We got a box at the UPS store for our mail over a year ago..Everything went along fine til all of a sudden we were told by our post office that the STE was not to be used anymore. EVERYONE has to change there address to PMB... We have incountered lots of problems having it all changed, some places don't have a PMB box to type in, or pull down box. Also this has caused a lot of problems for people that have letterhead, envelopes, address labels etc., , , and now we got notice that if it isn't changed within 2 more months, the mail won't be delivered, this is uncalled for..and wonder if its all over the US or only in our state? We are out of town a lot and not sure if we have covered all of the bases to have EVERYTHING changed. and now with the holidays coming up. Lots of people only get mail from certain people at that time of year, so now all there x-mas cards etc. will not be sent? We are just wondering why there has to be more problems for people..

• Cs
    cstrunk Sep 11, 2009

This actually changed several years ago. I used to own one of the UPS Store's competing franchises and was told that the STE address was not to be used anymore as per postal law. This was back in 1999!

• Me
    medtaylor Dec 26, 2009

Under the current regulation, you are allowed to use either the following:
    John Doe
    123 John Doe Blvd#_____
    Anytown, State, zip code

-or-

John Doe
    123 John Doe Blvd
    PMB _____
    Anytown, State, zip code

Using the word Suite or PO Box, or PO are not allowed. I have used it both ways above with little problems. Occasionally a sender gets it wrong and puts Apt # in it thinking the address is an apartment (it still gets to me though). Sometimes I get a piece of mail that drops the # and number or puts Apt # in the address field. I usually get the mail. The rules have been in place for sometime and if you go to the official USPS site they tell you exactly what is acceptable or not.

The place I deal with did spell it out in writing when I re-signed my lease when the store converted from MBE to UPS Store.