United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo

United States Postal Service [USPS]

Having problems with United States Postal Service [USPS]?

+1 800 275 8777 (Customer Care Center)
+1 800 877 8339 (TDD/TTY Relay)
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW Rm 9431
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

fraud and corruption at usps

One of Priority mail pieces sent to the US was undelivered returned to me after 4 months (opened, resealed with USPS tape, contents intact, with comments such as NIXIE, RETURN TO SENDER, UNABLE TO FORWARD, been sent to USPS MRC Atanta only 10 days after I mailed it, so it was sitting somewhere for 4 months past Atlanta?). The tracking record had some comment to DESTROY it actually, but 4 months later, all opened up and resealed it was finally returned to me. It's very confusing why are they doing all this?

I mailed it Priority again after verifying the delivery address, availability, awareness of the recipient etc. After some weeks it got stuck around NYC past the infamous ISC NY, where it was headed for (the recipient in the NYC area with a very simple amnd easy to find private house address). Long story short. I complained to the USPS and they expressed apology that my mail has disappeared. It's not the first time, so I sent complaints to important places including DJT and informed the USPS that I am not giving up and that I have invited investigation and audit of the USPS.

Weirdly enough the tracking record for my item has became removed from USPS website and now only the following text in red font is showing up "Status: Label Created, not yet in system" (perhaps they are sending it back to me again?).

What's even weirder that my USPS account has been removed and or my password was changed. The USPS password recovery no longer works, and it did work before!

Ever since around 2009 (or a bit earlier) there's something really sinister going on at the USPS and if this was some poor Third World country i would just block it, but the US? Internet is teeming with concerned posts about mail disappearance, severe multi-month delays, or other weird events on the USPS side, both internal and inbound international.

The problem ZIP code is 10703. Perhaps this zip is especially corrupt or useless? As they don't seem to want and to try and to be able to deliver anything to this zip code, even when a phone number is added to the envelope with an already easy street address (private residence without any confusing elements such as apartment numbers). The recipient at this ZIP code confirmed having huge problems with mail and USPS acting unprofessionally.

Dear US citizens, please get together and press your government to audit, deeply investigate the USPS and do it now, before you lose it.

fraud and corruption at usps

• Ta
    Talakkottur David Jan 15, 2019

I have been sending Registered mail to various Federal agencies especially to the US Courts but the USPS site says that you cannot track registered mail and the Indian Government sites shows only when the item was booked and when it left Cochin and nothing more as to what happened to the package.

On 8-13-2018 the Clerk of the US Supreme Court sent me a package which is date sensitive under tracking LC923048363US franked by the US POST OFFICE at the Clerk's Office of the US Supreme Court in D.C.in the sum of $28.52 but according to the tracking number this item was delivered in ISRAEL on 31st December 2018, while the envelop contained my correct address in India, i.e after a lapse of 4 months and 17 days late. Why this took 4 months and 17 days to reach me in India while the USPS tracking showed that the item was delivered in ISRAEL.

Secondly why cannot the USPS keep track of registered mail sent to the US as most of the mail are time sensitive in court filing. Another piece of mail sent to the US court as per tracking reached in New York and thereafter it disappeared and the Indian postal authorities refunded me peanuts, although it cost me a fortune and the contents were judicial corruption about a prominent member of a law firm whose chairman is the subject of investigation. Are there political conspiracies going on either in USA or in India or at both places when registered mail disappear and getting lost after it landed in New York.

missing/lost mail

My Saturday mail (December 1 and 8, 2018) I have not received two (2) pieces of mail from the state of...

mail delivery

Consistently (at least 2 dozen times in last year) we have received other people's mail. We know most of our...

package handling and customer service

My wife mailed a pkg. to California several months ago, It was damaged in transit and we had to call to give permission to repackage it. It took over a month to get there.
Over a week ago my wife sent another Pkg. to California. A week later we received notice that the pkg. had been destroyed in transit. We got the box cover and shipping label back with a customer service phone number so we could get a reimbursement.
I called the 1-800 number and was told I would have to wait 45 min to 1 hour. I waited 2 1/2 hours and still wasn't able to talk to anyone.
What is going on, damaged packages and extremely poor customer help?

not searching for my package.

My Name is Tony Bobet from New York City . The main reason that i am filing an complaint. I suppose to received an package from the Post Office here in the Bronx. Its Clason Point Post Offices 1950 Lafayette Avenue, Bronx, New York City 10473. I suppose to receive an package. That i had monitor in the apps. i have file an complaint and i scan the complaint case number.

not searching for my package.

package not received/cannot get anyone on the phone to address issue

I ordered an item online. According to the tracking information, the package was in Jersey City then it was 'incorrectly sorted" and sent to a post office in Illinois then to a post office in Tennessee. It finally "arrived" on Saturday (11/10/18) at 3:17 PM. I have not received the package nor have I been able to get anyone one the phone at the local post office. I wanted to find out where the delivery person put it. When I called the 1-800 number, [protected]) I have to wait for more than an hour. In the meantime, I still do not have my package!!! The tracking number for my package is 92748909840842583008904371. Although the item did not cost a lot, it its mine and I want to know if it has been stolen or misplaced and I want my money back. The item is a cardigan and it cost $21.99. The post office that is near me is located at 369 Martin Luther King Dr. in Jersey City, NJ.

• Sh
    Sheila Feist Dec 10, 2018

hi my name is Sheila Feist we live at 20286 hwy 90 n Bedias Texas 77831 and we are not getting any of our mail . and i went and got an P O Box 9094 Huntsville Texas 77340 and i'm still not getting any of my mail or packages .this is Pissing me off i order stuff and don't even get the shit something needs to be done . they can Close Bedias Down i don't give a shit .936-218-9525

over stuffing mailbox

(1) This is an ongoing problem. The letter carrier stuffs the main in very tightly and usually catches one or...

package delivered

My great aunt sent me a package containing a wood sculpture that was handmade. Before I opened the box I saw multiple wholes and lots of damage to the box. When I opened it, the wood sculpture was in pieces. Now we are trying to put the pieces back together because she didn't make a second one. It's truly frustrating that this is how people handle our people's packages. This isn't the first time I've had a package delivered that was broken and not from the same location.

waiting time always 1 to 2 hours

My only complaint is that I am usually on hold for 1 - 2 hours waiting to speak to a representative. They...

the company as a whole

This company is [censored]ing [censored]. They don't care about people's packages. They have [censored] customer service at their local facilities. The clerks don't know anything and give out wrong information when asking about missing packages. I ordered something from china to come to my place of business and they attempted to deliver it once on 10/2/2018 and then said it couldn't be delivered due to address being incorrect or some [censored]. I go to the local us post office and they state it's on a truck rj be delivered today. That was on 10/03/2018 and 10:15am. I wait all day and then go to check the mail at 8pm and to my surprise not a damn thing in there like the clerk stated. I check my email and what do I see an email from the post office stating your package has been sent back to the sender at 10:38am. So not even 10 mins after I leave the local facility does it go back. I didn't receive the email until 12:10pm that day. So even if I wanted to be able to find my package I couldn't. This company sucks and I hope no one uses them. They lack so much as far as customer service skills and knowledge about people's packages it ridiculous. If it was me I would've never used to post office to receive this package but since it's coming from china I don't have a choice. This isn't the first time i've had this issue. I've had this issue 3 times. It's only when I order something to come to my place of work do I have this problem. I thought maybe this time it would be different but I should not expect anything but [censored]iness from this company. I hope someone contacts me about this issue.

the company as a whole

payment method and shipment arrival

2:32 pm september 25, 2018 I have a post master and neighbors whom steal... have trashed shipments and...

mail delivery

I reside at 107 Pickett Lane, Georgetown, KY and I have a PO Box 1555, same city and state. I purchased my...

carrier disrespects my property

My address is 1236 Fruit Cove Rd N, St Johns Fl 32259. My mail is delivered by a carrier who drives up to the...

mail delivery

I was going through a nasty divorce and had moved. I changed my address from my original house to my new...

mail not delivered

2 roommates: 1 with a ehite last name and 1 with a latino last name. Guess whos mail is always on the floor...

unethical behaviour

Re: addresee not available

Be informed that there was no effort at all by usps nigeria to deliver package with tracking no: cb152231475us to addressee at specified location. The claim that addressee not available to receive is incorrect because there is always a personnel assigned to receive packages at the stated address 24/7. If usps nigeria can not deliver, should please return to sender and refund shall be claimed legally in due course.

home delivery

waiting for my sleep apnea equipment .don't know if package was to be delivered by truck/mailman. mailbox i...

general post office - deliveries

Since 2013 I have had mail delivered to the General Post Office located at
88-40 164th Street, Jamaica, New York 11432.

In February 2013 I relocated from Beaufort County, South Carolina to Queens County, New York and required an immediate postal address to receive mail. For several years the General Post Office at 164th Street was a reliable source for receipt of important documents, e.g. Department of Social Services corres-pondence on which I relied for income and support. That is no longer the case.

In May 2018 the New York City Department of Social Services sent documents to recertify my benefits. When I failed to submit the documents that office sent a phone text regarding the delay to respond. I inquired at the post office about missing mail in June, and today (June 28) was told at the 'Pick-Up' window there was no person assigned at the Post Office to handle my complaint. The customer service person took my name and phone number and said they'd call if a further search discovered any additional mail.

Previously in early June, when told that mail is held for only 30 days then returned to sender, I deposited at this same office a #10 stamped-envelope, addressed to:
Shawn Anderson
88-40 164th Street GPO
Jamaica, New York 11432

I have yet to receive this mail.

What recourse do I have to rectify this problem. Is General Post Office still a reliable means for postal deliveries?

Shawn Anderson

antique taken from front porch

Late October 2017, I received packages via USPS.
Unfortunately, my husband's mother's 100+ year old hedge clippers were taken the same day.
We are both surprised and dissappointed.
The person taking MUST have know the value of the clippers. Both financial and the user's value being priceless.
Clippers were made of long metal blades, large wooden handles.
One can instantly they are quite old.
They are one of only two items my husband received at time of her death. He has a lot of memories with these antique clippers.
I know it has been a few months, however, to whom should I have addressed this issue. It's not like it's posted where the customer knows it is. Please try to help me find these clippers.

not receiving my parcel packages

I've been told by my local po that they will no longer deliver parcel packages to my rural address, even...