United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo

United States Postal Service [USPS]

Having problems with United States Postal Service [USPS]?

United States Postal Service [USPS] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 7, 2006. The latest review Package was posted on Jun 7, 2021. The latest complaint residential community parcel box lock broken was resolved on Apr 22, 2018. United States Postal Service [USPS] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 400 reviews. United States Postal Service [USPS] has resolved 138 complaints.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 275 8777 (Customer Care Center)
+1 800 877 8339 (TDD/TTY Relay)
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW Rm 9431
Thu8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service. Initial United States Postal Service [USPS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United States Postal Service [USPS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United States Postal Service [USPS]. Discuss the issues you have had with United States Postal Service [USPS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Complaints & Reviews

US Postal Service — mail not delivered on time

paid $17.00 to have an EXPRESS MAIL, time sensitve letter delivered before 3pm on 5/5/09. recieved in my mail...

Usps Us Parcel Posttheft of camera

I set up shipping a camera from CT to my daughter in Vancouver BC Can with our local Post Office. While watching the tracking, the camera made the 70 miles to JFK Airport and was promply stolen BY USPS PERSONNEL! No one really cared at USPS (like it happens on a regular basis). I shipped another camera to my daughter via UPS and she recieved it in 5 days. Oh yeah, it took 5 months to finally get the the insuance because they thought I was trying to SCAM THEM! Save yourself lots of time and money...use UPS.

• Tk
      tk76 May 18, 2009

I beg to differ, I am an employee of the USPS, and the last thing that we want to do is take your merchandise, AND LOSE OUR JOB!!! So Not Worth It...Please...

United States Postal Service — poor customer service

I live in Wilmington, Delaware and some idiot that works for the post office decided that it was fiscally...

USPSterrible company

I purchased a package on Ebay without a choice of delivery options and forced to use USPS Parcel Post delivery and paid for insurance, tracking and signature confirmation. The package was shipped from Indiana on 04/01/2009. It has been 15 days and it has not arrived. I called the USPS customer service and they relayed the expected delivery time was 04/08/09. On 04/10/09, I called USPS again and they stated I should wait until 4/13/09 & call back to file a Complaint. I called my local post office also to track the package and they could not locate the package either, telling me that it should take 30 days because of the downsizing, cutback in staffing and skeleton crew in CA. When I called back USPS again today to verify if these issues exist, they simply state it should take 10 business days as projected on their website. Well obviously its past 10 working days and I can't seem to get a real answer for the simple facts of Snail Mail. So economy issues or not, we the public should be informed of possible delays &estimated delivery time frames of 10-30 days not 10 days!

• Fe
        fed up with usps Apr 30, 2009

I agree, usps service is horrible, especially Parcel Post. I have had TWO antique pitchers arrive smashed so bad there is more dust inside than broken glass. I believe if it says 'fragile' they must purposely play kick ball with the boxes. Also have had packages take over a month to arrive. Yet we continue to accept the rate increases. SAD
        By the way, don't complain to local PO or carrier and they will respond with even worse service. Have cancelled most of my magazine subscriptions as they were always stolen or lost at the distribution center.

USPSabusive mailman stealing mail

My mailman, Edward J Pavlik Jr, has repeatedly refused to deliver all correctly addressed mail to my address for years. After numerous complaints to his supervisors and providing proof of my accusations, I haven't gotten any relief from this monster. Now he has taken it upon himself to personally retaliate and take matters into his own hands.

He actually physically attacked me while on the route and continually damages and destroys mail that he does deliver. I have watched him deliver large mail pieces by standing at the curb and throwing it at mine and my neighbor's houses. I took him to court over the attack and was granted a Temporary Restraining Order because he testified, under oath, that he did indeed attack me, twice! What's even worse is that a representative from the USPS was present and heard his testimony and yet, they allow him to continue delivering some mail to my address.

No wonder the USPS is losing money. Their service is HORRIBLE! Why is this monster allowed to still keep his job if he can't do it right???

magda lopez Nov 09, 2010

I LIVE AT 485 GRAMATAN AVE IN MT. VERNON NY 10552. MY BUZZER RANG. IT'S NO GOOD SO I HAVE TO OPEN MY DOOR TO SEE WHO IT IS. I COULD HEAR THE BUZZER RINGING NEXT DOOR TO ME ALSO. I OPEN MY DOOR. SAW A MAN COMING IN AND I SAID DON'T PRESS MY BUZZER IF IT'S NOT FOR ME. I DON'T LIKE OPENING DOORS FOR STRANGERS DUE THE THE VIOLENCE AROUND HERE. THIS MAN SAID [censor] YOU AND JUST OPEN THE DOOR. I SAID SAID IT BACK TO HIM ONLY TO REALIZE HE WAS THE MAILMAN DELIVERING MAIL AT 5:12PM. HE DIDN'T HAVE A UNIFORM SO HOW WOULD I KNOW IT WAS THE MAILMAN TRYING TO GET IN. I MOVE IN HERE 4 MONTHS AGO AND NEVR SEEN THIS MAN BEFORE. HOW DARE HEW CURSE AT ME AND SAY [censor] YOU BECAUSE I SAID DON'T PRESS MY BUZZER TO COME IN. THIS MAN SHOULDN'T HAVE A JOB. I RUN A COMPANY AND IF ONE OF MY EMPLOYESS DO THAT THEY WOULD BE FIRED. I HAVE OVER 30 EMPLYESS THAT NEED TO GET INTO BUILDINGS TO INSTALL AN ALARM SYSTEM. SOMEON SHOULD SAY SOMETHING TO THIS MAN. I WENT AND TOOK A PICTURE OF HIM AND AGAIN HE SAID [censor] YOU. IF I WAS A MAN I WOULD WHIP HIS [censor]. HE WAS WRONG RINGING MY BUZZER. HE LOOK LIKE AN ACHOHOLIC WHICH YOU CAN SMELL A MILE AWAY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB THEM QUIT. HE LOOK LIKE HE';S ABOUT 60 YRS MISERABLE AND IF HE EVER RINGS MY BELL AGAIN I WILL CALL THE POLICE AND CHARGE HIM FOR HARRASMENT BECAUSE WHEN HE LEFT HE AGIN RANG MY BUZZER. THAT HOW PROBLEM OCCURS. I HOPE THIS GIVE THIS GUY AN ALCHOHOL TEST BECAUSE HE WON'T PASS. I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME BUT I WILL FIND OUT. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE IS THE POST OFFICE HAVING AND ALLOWING TO CURSE AT PEOPLE BECAUSE I SAID DON'T RING MY BUZZER IF IT'S NOT FOR ME. IN REALITY IF I KNEW IT WAS THE POSTMAN I WOULD OF LET HIM IT BUT SINCE MY BUZZER RINGS AND IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME I HAD TO OPEN MY DOOR TO SEE WHO IT WAS. YET STILL I DIDN'T KNOW WHO HE WAS BECAUSE HE WASN'T WEARING ANYTHING TO IDENTIFY HIMSELF. THIS MAN NEEDS TO RETIRE OR GET FIRED FOR CURSING AT ME FOR NO REASON

Testing Authority Usps Examcant get refund

I would like to know how they are getting away with fraud. Basically they are stealing money. The material is outdated and due to some personal things I am not even eligable to take exam. Someone needs to take legal action so we be can refunded our money. are there any lawyers reading this who would like to file a class action suit? I can"t even reach them on the phone.

• Co
            colombianitoct Jul 16, 2009

i purchased a book couple monts ago, and now when i try to call the number, or go into the web page they gave me, neither one work, they promised me if and one year i didnt find a job i would get my money back, but now nobody works for the company, and they changed the name to utec, and it seems like we all lost our money...

Mad Dad! Jun 29, 2009

I was told that if no exam was offered one year from the date I received my study material that I could call and get my money back. One year later, no phone numbers work. I was had and no testing was ever available to RI or FL.

• Bk
            bkelly Apr 17, 2009

I, too, am trying to get my refund back from testingauthority.inc. Called phone number, and it is no longer in service. Scam artists. BEWARE!

• Bk
            bkelly Apr 17, 2009

I, too, have been hospitalized and I am no longer able to work. Called company and phone number is no longer in service.

U.S. Postal ServiceRude Manager

Today I visited the U.S. Post Office located at 1105 Moss Street, Lafayette, Louisiana 70501 and was greatly appalled at how rude the manager was to her staff. This is the THIRD time that I have witnessed her ugly ways and no telling how many times she is this way on a daily basis. Her attitude to her staff is DISGUSTING! Something needs to be done because not even a dog should be treated the way she treats her staff. She practically embarrass, belittle, and talk down to them. I am speaking on their behalf: SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!

• Updated by Richard Brandt · Sep 19, 2019

No mail delivery for four or five days

• We
              We Brown Jan 12, 2020

I love in an apartment complex, the mail boxes are very small and have to be opened with a key. The last three packages that were delivered were framed into the small mail boxes the last delivery was crammed so tightly the product was ruined. Why can't the packages be put outside my door you have to go past it to get to the mailboxes.

• Ri
              Richard Brandt Sep 25, 2019

Do not get mail delivery . Four or five days at a time.

• Ap
              applefusion Aug 01, 2010

I Hate the U.S. Postal service! First off they charge way too much to ship and their rates just keep on rising. Second off I am an eBay seller and I print postage labels online through Paypal. Two times so far I have had to void a label and request a refund because every time after I pay for postage I go to print my label. Sometimes when I press print label it will say this webpage cannot be displayed and there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I shut my computer down and restart it and try it again after a while same thing this webpage cannot be displayed and after so many attempts to print the dang label fails they say you have exceeded the number of labels to print if you have trouble printing your label please void the label and Pay for it again and your refund will be issued within 21 days. 21 days why would it take them that long to give you a refund. I hate the U.S. Postal service because of them I am barely making any money on eBay.

• Fr
              Francesca Oct 12, 2009

I was job searching online and I saw a Website that said $20 an hour for a USPS job. I had already been told that they receive good benefits and pay. When i called they asked for all the basic info which is name, dob, address, etc. They told me that I had to take a test and that it was refundable. So i had to pay $100 +. So they took my money an i found out that they were a fraud.

• Ar
              Ardilla Johnson Feb 07, 2009

We mailed our tax documents via certified mail to our accountant on Friday, January 30th, 2009 and they have not been received as of yet. Our mail goes to Springfield for cancellation and then to the post offices. We checked with the Dixon Post Office and they said the package had not been scanned as being delivered to any post office which would make me think the postal service lost the package before it reached Springfield.

United States Postal Service — passport

Today, I went to the post office down on Sutter to apply for a new passport. I was told at the Chinatown post...

US Post Office getting mail

When someone sends mail and makes a small mistake on the addresss the post office keeps it for awhile than sends it back. We have less than 400 people in our small town. our PO number is 332 and if a person makes a small mistake and writes 323 or 322 the PO person holds it for days than sends it back. We were waiting for a doct0rs prescription so we ask & they had it. People seem to make the same mistake. I don't know why this happens. The PO writes on the envelope sometimes when this happens and puts it in our box than other times they send it back. It is always a different person making the same mistake. The employees complains to us but people just makes mistakes. The employees gets upset if the street address is in the wrong place. I try to teach people to write our address right. I am upset with the 2 employees that work at the small Yankeetown branch. What happen to the mail always gets through? Barbara Lewandowski PO Box 332 Yankeetown FL. 34498. THank You

• Us
                Usaman Aug 03, 2014

I visited the website www.us-postoffice.org in order to change my mailing address. I filled the form and sent the request, but these jerks simply charged me, but they didn’t change the address. I tried to reach them, but all emails were retuned back, ‘coz the mail box was full. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

angry customer of the usps Mar 02, 2010

i just recieved a letter in the mail, it was a thick letter, from the united states postal service atlanta mail recovery center us postal service 5354 fulton industrial blvd sw atlanta ga, [protected], can you belive these ### had the balls to mail back all the info on aoackage i mailed 10 daYS ago to connecticuts, im in massachusetts, i mailed a very well taped box full of salt water base rock for a salt water aquarium, its old coral skeletons, dry as a bone, its used for decoration in salt water aquariums, they sent the package all the way to atlanta when ct is only 2 hours away from here, they told me the package was empty, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm geeeee i wonder why the package was empty, ill tell you why, cuz there is a bunch of greedy ###s that work there, they dont care who you sending your package to, or whats in it, all they care about is oh he wont miss this he can just file a complaint and insurance will pay him back, we are supposed to trust the post office with our valuables, all they care about is the next most valuable item that passes thru there hands, the post office is ful of lazy unrespectfull gold diggers, they all belong in society doing real labor, and them dumb fools get disgruntled over there union contracts, we are the ones who should be getting disgruntled, the us post office is full of lazy life sucking slime no good loosers.they pray on the weak, i bet they sit up in there break rooms talking about all the packagesa marked fragile that they dropped, or the semi open envelope that they took upon themselves to open and pocket the loot, saying that they will just blaime it on a machine.who needs security when the security is in on there scams to.im pissed off i hate the post office ### them all to hell

• Vi
                Vincenso May 05, 2009

I was just contacted by a debt collection agency and a gentleman named Richard Stokes said that online listing (which was a fraud to begin with) was extended to 2017 and now they are attempting to collect over $600. I have proof that the account was a fraud, but he does not seem to want to hear about it... his company is called DRS (Debt Recovery Systems). Beware if this guy calls you.

USPSunsafe practices

The homeowners association where I live has a policy of head-in parking only. This policy was put in place for very practical reasons as there have been cases where fires have been started in pinestraw from vehicles that back into parking spots due to hot exhaust pipes or sparks. The USPS refuses to abide by this policy and when I spoke to the mail delivery person about this, his response was that USPS regulations supercede safety concerns. Their policy is just plain wrong, and the arrogance of the mail delivery person did not leave me with a very good impression of USPS employees.

USPSpoorest mail service ever

US Postal Service Post Master Mar. 20, 2009

Mark McNeley
                925 Bering Sea Beach
                Nelson Lagoon, AK [protected]

I am making a formal complaint and solution suggestion to improve mail service in the community of Nelson Lagoon.
                Nelson Lagoon has 3 mail days per week, Tue., Fri., and Sun. On these days, the Post Office Clerk is only scheduled to open the Post Office 10am-12pm to 1pm-3pm.
                Peninsula Airways Inc., our Postal Carrier is scheduled to fly on these days weather permitting.
                THE REALITY:
                Weather is a key factor in the arrival of mail. If it doesn’t come in on the scheduled mail day, it is bumped to the following day and so on. If the mail does not arrive on a scheduled mail day, the Post Office is not opened until the following mail day,
                NOT THE NEXT DAY BUT THE NEXT SCEDUELED MAIL DAY!
                So in reality we can go as long as four days without mail if it comes in the day after it is scheduled to do so, or can simply come in on a scheduled day after the Post Office is closed. On top of the worst mail service in the country, we have an additional four days to wait!!! Have you ever gotten bills from credit cards and others that were
                PAST THE DUE DATE
                because of mail service? Probably not! It happens in Nelson Lagoon
                AT LEAST
                once a month. That might not seem like a lot, but in 12 months, on an average a one $25 late fee accumulates into $144/person a year, multiplied by no less than 30, TAX PAYING, US CITIZENS could possibly = $4320.00. These companies don’t care if your mail is slow but I guarantee you that they want their late payment fee. In reality, Nelson Lagoon Citizens
                PAY THOUSANDS
                each year in late fees due to poor mail service.
                THE CURRENT SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK!!!
                Personal mail boxes are accessible but do not accommodate packages. The only solution without changing contract amounts would be to re-adjust the Nelson Lagoon Postal Hours. This has been proven to be the case. Most recently when an alternate Postal Clerk ran the Post Office for a month, she, without changing amount of hours paid, opened the Post Office every weekday and a short 15 min opening on Sun. More often than not, mail does not arrive on scheduled mail days due to weather.
                I propose to change the Post Office Hours as follows:
                Mon.-Fri. 1-3 am. 5 days a week with the additional 2 hours left over in reserve for a short term opening on Sat. or Sun., depending on mail availability.
                It only takes a 15 min opening on Sat or Sun. if mail arrives.
                THIS WILL ENSURE THAT THE MAIL WILL BE ACCESABLE FOR OUTGOING AND INCOMING MAIL. MAIL DELAYS DUE TO WEATHER WILL NOT BE A MAJOR CONCERN AND WILL NOT BE AGGRIVATED BY UN-NESSESARY CLOSERS DUE TO POOR POST OFFICE HOUR SCHEDULING.
                SHORT OF OPENING A NEW POST OFFICE BRANCH FOR NELSON LAGOON WITH ITS OWN ZIP CODE AND AIRPLANE SERVICE EVERYDAY, IT IS THE ONLY LOGICAL SOLUTION.

I DO WANT TO EXPRESS THAT OUR POST OFFICE CLEARK IS FULFILLING HER CONTRACT AND ABIDING BY THE RULES MADE UP BY THE US POSTAL SERVICE. WITH THE CURRENT POST OFFICE HOUR SCHEDUEL SHE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO OPEN THE POST OFFICE FOR ANY TIME OTHER THAN THE HOURS SPECIFIED.

Mark McNeley

USPS — a joke of a tracking system!

This is the first and last time i'm using USPS! USPS picked up 6 packages fm my residence on 13 Mar 09...

Usps, Tallahassee, FL — mail delivery

Mail carrier is getting our mail mixed up on Holmes Street in Tallahassee, FL.IMy address is:2030 Holme...

United States Post Officescam and cheating

I just wanted to say that I have always wondered if the Post Office is a government agency. Well my question was answered when I read that the postage rates are increasing again. First of all, I consider the system an office rather than an entity that provides a service of any kind. I am sure that you will all agree, we can get better service from a communist than we get from the post office, therefore I refuse to acknowledge them as a postal service. We are getting screwed again by a government agency that is raising their prices and not doing their jobs. I called the post office this morning and talked to a very nice lady that did her best to answer my question which was 'IS THE POST OFFICE A GOVERNMENT AGENCY?' Strangely, she put me on hold and I guess went to someone else to get the answer. When she came back on line she told me that the post office is a government agency. I thanked her for the information and let her go. I just wanted to tell everyone that the giant mystery is finally solved. THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE IS INDEED A GOVERNMENT AGENCY and is run by the same group of crooks that have been running our country and gotten us in trouble. The same greedy suckers that reward instead of punish big business for screwing the consumer. Anyway, we still will not get any SERVICE from the post office. Have a wonderful day now and get to the post office to buy the extra .02 cent stamps that you will need to use your .42 cent stamps that you just bought two months ago.

• Ab
                      abbaf16 Mar 09, 2015

On February 25th I paid the post office app. $6.00 in my neighborhood, to deliver a package frBerea, to Dayton, Ohio; They stated on the receipt that it would be delivered by March 3rd. Today is March 9th. I have called the number on my receipt, gone up to the post office in person, and gone to UPS. Know something? The person in my post office has 'NO IDEA WHERE THAT PACKAGE IS???" The contents cost me over $60.00. My profit margins on international shipping are MINISCULE. And now I have a U.S. customer that all I can tell him is: "I don't know where the post office's shipping of your package is...because...THEY DON;'T KNOW!). I work/live on social security. I don't move one stack of papers from one side of the desk to another, go home and collect $35, 000 + benefits; Sorry, this sucks.

• Mr
                      Mr. Tejeda Oct 09, 2009

10.9.2009

TO: Whom it may concern!

CC: United States Postal Service
                      475 L’Enfant Plaza SW
                      Washington DC [protected]

Attn: Manager Natalie Sorvari & Mary-Joe-sarcastic and condescending attitude
                      CC: Northland District consumer affairs-unresponsive!
                      100 S. 1st street room 121

Seeger Square E. St Paul, MN. E. St. Paul, Minnesota [protected]
                      Spanish employee misconduct: Jesse clerk #20

Bill# [protected]

Discrimination employee misconduct complaint re: Location Two
                      Eastern Heights, Oakdale location (Bob) & older Caucasian window clerk Linda-verbally loud, defensive & rude! Oakdale, Mn location Supervisor Mr. Iverson

Summery: On 9.30.2009 I attempted to go to this post office location to purchase some postage stamps for my five letters. Postal employee Jesse rudely and discriminately, disrespectfully greeted me! This is my third appearance at this location, which is connected to this small strip mall storefronts that also house/lease Rainbow foods grocery store. The outer appearance of this post office location is dirty unsanitary and disgusting. Spots-stains-spite-spew-saliva surround the entrance and concrete side-walk. Smashed bubble gum discarded cigarette butts carelessly littered and thrown.

Jesse seemed to be in an ornery, foul, argumentative and impatient mood and was also argumentative and defensive with me! Addressing me as a child or animal! On further note Jesse also smelled like he needed a bath as he is an extremely oversized male that sits in a chair at the customer service window all day with an ornery and stern attitude. Customers/citizens should not have to be subject to this type of discourteous, dirty, misconduct and or behavior.

This is the third post office within less then a years time around the E. Saint Paul Minnesota area that has been getting numerous complaints and negative ratings with it’s management/supervisor/employee customer relations and discriminatively run business! Including the Dayton’s Bluff location & Eastern Heights, Oakdale Mn. Caucasian male window teller (Bob) who wears visible droopy gold neck chains and appears intimidating to some customers/consumers. I verbally heard him call a Caucasian woman customer stupid in a joking disrespectful manner belittling her during a window transaction! Bob seems to frequently be in a cocky, defensive, stern mood during window customer transactions with other selective customers.

Furthermore, at the Seeger post office location when I asked for a manager or supervisor on duty I was rudely and sarcastically given a name of Charlie. However, this man was unavailable for customer complaints/concerns at the time…So when I got to my home/residence I attempted to call customer service hotline for the USPS @ [protected] Unfortunately, this number and department customer service computer’s were allegedly down, at the time, only to file a complaint, not to purchase postage and or track or to ship a package! I was told to call back later that night or tomorrow to file a consumer complaint. As of receipt of my/this original complaint over a week later after submitting a verbal complaint to Minneapolis Northland district Consumer Affairs manager Mrs. Natalie Sorvari t: 612.349.4401 who was to return my calls regarding a previous complaint months ago and never did! This Location and office/department has been recently unresponsive to my letters. However, I did manage to file another verbal complaint the following day over the telephone with a familiar over sarcastic and insincere woman by the name of: Mary-Joe hotline t: 612.349.6388 f: 612.349.3512

Please properly, investigate

Sincerely and respectfully a concerned customer/consumer Mr. P. Tejeda

USPSlost expensive! packages

I mailed Christmas packages later than I expected. It was December 31st 2008. Around there. 2 out of 3 were fragile and expensive, those were insured. The one I know was not, but was the only one recieved. I complained to them about it, & its like they didnt care. There was no note at my household, no " return" packages. I believe someone stole it or either lost it. & they say I cant complain about it!! I spent over 500 dollars on those items, they need to do there jobs. Im fixin to sue.

• To
                        totallyfedup Oct 08, 2009

That's right. In fact, there is no longer even a form available to trace a package. They simply don't care. That's what happens with guaranteed jobs and no accountability - US Gvt welfare. Mail should be completely open to competition, not just parcels, and the USPS disbanded. Bulk mailers will have to pay their way as well.

US Post Office returned mail

I would like to make a complaint about this but don't know how. I live in a shared apartment with many people. Only one of our names is on the mailbox. The mailman only delivers to the person whos name is on the box. I find this to be really annoying. Is it that big of a deal to deliver to the others? Is the mailman just lazy, stupid, or both? Is the mailman allowed to do this under the guidelines of his job?

• Ar
                          Arwen Apr 29, 2010

It's not the mail carrier who sorts the mail and decides. A machine sorts it by the zip, then city and state, so on and so forth. Once it reaches a local post office People in the back sort it based off the information they have on who lives there. That's why you can get mail for someone who no longer lives there, if they don't notify the post office then they continue sending it there because it has no where to go. No think about that in reverse if they don't know you live there because they have no information stating that you live there, it won't get to you. They aren't stupid, it's not their job to figure out who lives where, it's YOUR JOB to notify them saying "hey, I live here too" Go to the post office and let them know. don't be lazy posting frustrating comments about things you can control and are pissed off that you ACTUALLY have to do something about it. They aren't Psychic

• Le
                          Leepo Aug 24, 2009

Hey Dummy...Lots of people send mail without the apt number on them...How is the mail carrier to know which apt they're in if the name isn't on the box...Duhhhh...What are you hiding ????

US Postal Serviceno pick up

I set mail in my outgoing mail box on Sat 2/21 then went out of town until today friday 2/26. I found that my gas and water has been shut off due to non paymant. I called them gas and water company and told them i mailed my payments last week and they basicly caled me a liar. I have to pay late fee and a $75 reconnect fee for gas and a $150 deposit, late fee and reconnect fee for my water. Im pissed. I eventually went out to my mail box and guess what i found. My bills were never picked up. that means no mail people came by for a whole week!! This is costing me a bunch of money that i dont have. my kids and i are sitting in a cold house with no water until monday when i can pawn something. WTF!!!

• Te
                            teresachattanooga Aug 14, 2009

I had a similar problem happen to me. But, my neighbor experience the same problem as you. But luckly her power was not shut off. I put my mail in the mailbox for pick up. And for the record, the red flag was rised also. As a matter of fact I waited until I seen the mail carrier go up the street before putting the items in for pick-up. I was shock when I went out to get the mail that the mail carrier did not get the pick-up!!! How could she not see the pick-up when she put the mail in the mail box. I was so upset I called the post office for our area and explain to the supervisor what had happen and how this is a ongoing problem with the mail. The supervisor was rude, act as if she did not care.
                            This is a on going problem me and my neighbors, we get each other mail all the time. If anyone have any suggestions on how we can correct the problem please respond.

US Post Office ultra-poor counter service

I would direct this straight to the USPS.com site if I could, but they have no mechanism for doing so. Idiots. The post office here in Margate, FL has slots for 5 people to assist with mailing, stamps, retrieving packages, et. al. On Saturday, February 21, they had 2 people working and 30 people in line. Today they have 20 people in line and ONE person working! WTF? I waited for 30 minutes and moved 2 steps up on Saturday before leaving to go live my life. Today I waited an hour. Does the Post Office make their customer service extra crappy in advance of postal rate increases? Is that their plan?

• Se
                              Sewlady Apr 20, 2009

I totally agree. I live in Wilmington, Delaware and some idiot that works for the post office decided that it was fiscally responsible to remove all the self-service machines to buy stamps, mail small packages, etc. And this in light of their very crappy customer service. Today, April 20, I got in line with two people ahead of me and two people being waited on by two postal service counter workers. Once one of the workers finished helping a customer, he got up from his seat as one of the other customers ahead of me approached the counter. We thought he went to get something for someone, but that guy was gone for 20 minutes!!!. The other worker called for a supervisor, but I overheard her say that the supervisor never comes. Well the supervisor did come out and asked if she had been called. When the worker told her that yes she had called and told the supervisor that the other worker had just left the counter unattended. About 10 minutes later another postal worker came out and when it was finally my turn to be helped, I told her that we only get 15 minutes to park while I had been waiting in line for over 30 minutes. Do you know what she did? She just shrugged her shoulders!!! Unbelievable!!!

United States Postal Service — delivery of mail or lack of

I moved from Gray La to Houma La January 9th 2009. I put in a change of address on the 9th.I called the post...

United States Post Officemail boxes

SEVERAL YEARS AGO THE US POST OFFICE DECIDED TO INSTALL CLUSTER BOXES BECAUSE OF THE VANDELISM AND THEFT OF MAIL FROM INDIVIDUAL MAIL BOXES.
                            LAST YEAR THE LOCAL POSTMASTER DECIDED TO START CURB SIDE SERVICE AGAIN BECAUSE IN HER WORDS 'IT IS COST EFFECTIVE INSTEAD OF DELIVERINEG MAIL AT A CLUSTER BOX NO WONDER THE POSTOFFICE DOESNT HAVE THE MONEY FOR SIX DAY DELIVERY WITH THAT KIND OF THINKING!

• Mr
                                Mr. Tejeda Oct 09, 2009

10.9.2009

TO: Whom it may concern!

CC: United States Postal Service
                                475 L’Enfant Plaza SW
                                Washington DC [protected]

Attn: Manager Natalie Sorvari & Mary-Joe-sarcastic and condescending attitude
                                CC: Northland District consumer affairs-unresponsive!
                                100 S. 1st street room 121

Seeger Square E. St Paul, MN. E. St. Paul, Minnesota [protected]
                                Spanish employee misconduct: Jesse clerk #20

Bill# [protected]

Discrimination employee misconduct complaint re: Location Two

The otter appearance of this post office location is dirty unsanitary and disgusting. Spots-stains-spite-spew-saliva surround the entrance and concrete side-walk. Smashed bubble gum discarded cigarette butts carelessly littered and thrown.

Jesse seemed to be in an ornery, foul impatient mood and was also argumentative and defensive with me!

This is the third post office within less then a years time around the E. Saint Paul Minnesota area that has been getting numerous complaints and negative ratings with it’s management/supervisor/employee customer relations and discriminatively run business! Including the Dayton’s Bluff location & Eastern Heights, Oakdale Mn. Caucasian male window teller (Bob) who wears visible droopy gold neck chains and appears intimidating to some customers/consumers. I verbally heard him call a Caucasian woman customer stupid in a joking disrespectful manner during a window transaction! Bob seems to frequently be in a cocky, defensive, stern mood during window customer transactions with other selective customers.

Please properly, investigate