Twx Magazinesunauthorized withdrawal

L

KUDOS TO LISA, who had the number to contact a person to take cake of this mess. i was charged $32.oo to my account for magazines i didn't order.i apparently was on a survey, they say. And Lisa was right, they tried and tried and tried to get me to get more magazines.i must say the young lady i got was very nice. but i was firm! you must be FIRM! here is the phone number again to anyone who missed it...[protected]...thank you again.be careful of anything online.thank you for this site, otherwise i never would have got my money back.

• Sh
    shagler Oct 28, 2011

This company charged two magazines to my credit card without my authorization.

• Cl
    clb72 Feb 08, 2010

My bank (Citibank) has just helped me contact them as I also had an unauthorized withdrawal today. I managed to speak to a person (!) and the contact number they gave me for future reference was [protected]. Hope this works for anyone else that is having the same problems.

a_n_d_r_o_m_e_d_a Nov 14, 2009

I signed up for a $2 magazine subscription, was never provided any notification that there would be automatic subscription renewals and additional charges to my bank account. My own fault for taking this deal...but if you want your money back call [protected] and press 0 until you get an agent and they refunded my money and cancelled the subscription and provided a confirmation number stating I would receive my refund within 72 hours.

Jack J. Morrissey Nov 10, 2009

They say nothing in this world is free. And this company certainly makes sure of that. It happened with small purchase made at our Local Best Buy store. For simply making the purchase I was to recieve a years worth of three magazines of my choice. There was a small $2.00 service charge that was billed to a seldom used credit card. I made a mental note to look for any automatic renewal charges on subsequent bills so that I could cancel them. Sure enough in my September statement the charges appeared for $55.00, $22.00 and $22.00. for the three magazines. I immediately contacted the 1-800 number that appeared with each charge. It was one of those really frustrating phone trees that made you wish for the impossible, that being to speak to an actual human being. Halfway through the cancellation process you were being given an additional sales pitch via the automated process to renew the subscriptions. It seemed incredible considering that I had chosen to cancel my subscription. By the time it was done I was literally yelling answers into the mouthpiece of my phone to get the cancellation completed. Worse was having to go through the SAME process for each individual magazine. It took a little over 30 minutes to complete. So early last week I was doing the household bills. I located the credit card bill and looked for the refund. None was noted. I checked online to see if their had been any newer refunds that might have appeared after the credit card completed billing for the month. Nothing was found. I called back the only number I had listed which was the same 1-800 number I had been using to cancel the magazines. I really ONLY wanted to speak to a human being. I took a chance halfway through the process and though it was not given a choice I dialed zero at one of the prompts. The phone began ringing and voice informed me that all of their customer representatives were currently busy and it could a long time to wait. They suggested I continue my efforts with the automated calling feature. Instead I placed the phone on speaker and proceeded to complete my bills. Fortunately I only waited 10 minutes or so on the line. The representative greeted me warmly and of course requested ALL the information I had provided the automated service all over again. But I remained patient. They then informed me that the $2.00 renewal service charge had been cancelled and would not appear in any subsequent billings. I asked then why I was not refunded any partial amounts for the magazines. It was explained that during my phone call the month before that all I had accomplished was to remove the $2.00 renewal fee but had not cancelled the magazines. That was when I realized indeed that NOTHING is free in this land. I was able to cancel the magazines and recieved a partial pro-rated refund for the amount but not without a tremendous amount of angst. The moral of this story is be very leary of Best Buys free magazine offers. They may not be all that free after all.

• Ke
    keeks62 Aug 17, 2009

I read A LOT of bad things about this company when I looked into it after I saw a temporary charge to my credit card for some magazines. I actually am quite happy with their service. I recieved 3 great magazines for one year all for under $5 (a $75 value even if I bought them at the discounted prices offered through the magazines themselves).

When I saw the charges, I realized that it must have been in the fine print that I would get automatic renewals, so I didn't freak out. I did have trouble finding a valid phone number, but the one above is the one my bank gave me and I was able to call and cancel, recieving a full refund for the charges. The person I spoke with was kind and helpful (just press "0" to get to a person).

Seriously, not the worst thing i've had to deal with!

• To
    toobad123 Mar 16, 2009

I had a problem with them too. TWX is the stock symbol for Time Inc.

• Ri
    RIRHOADES Feb 24, 2009

IF YOU CALL [protected] AND THEN HIT *00 (STAR, ZERO, ZERO) YOU WILL GET TRANSFERRED TO A LIVE PERSON. TELL THEM YOU WANT TO CANCEL ALL MAGAZINES AND HAVE ALL CHARGES REVERSED. I HAD TO FILE A CLAIM WITH MY BANK TOO. THEIR WEBSITE IS MAGCUSTOMERSERVICE.COM. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!

• Ta
    TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF Feb 13, 2009

TWX CHARGED MY BANK DEBIT CARD FOR 4 MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THEY GOT MY INFORMATION. THIS HAS CAUSED ME OVER $100 IN BANK FEES ALSO. EVEN THE BANK HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL IN LOCATING ANY ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION. I FEEL WE SHOULD BAND TOGETHER FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!
    ANOTHER POOR SUCKER

• Do
    DodgerChik3155 Jan 07, 2009

I purchased a DVD for my husband in August, I was offered the free magazines, so I accepted after being told that I wouldn't be charged and that it was free for 3 months, after that, I was told I would be notified if I wanted to renew the subscription. In October, my account was charged for $49.00 and was never notified!! I just checked my bank statement this morning and there was another $49.00 charge that I NEVER authorized!! I called and I actually got an operator after about 5 minutes of automated CRAP. This is the number that I called [protected] I hope this helps the people who have become victims of this horrid company as I have.

• Xb
    Xbonestony Jan 05, 2009

Unauthorized charges on debit card

• Ca
    Cameron Dec 04, 2008

So, I did the whole "free" thing and then I never received one of those magazines that were "free" and was then billed for them. I was also automatically signed up for other magazines and have been getting charges for magazines that I have not been receiving. This company is bogus, and should seriously be sued by all of the people it screws over. I have to close my bank account now because every time I "cancel" my account more charges show up, and that is after I just straight up cancel and not do one of the cancel and get stuff plans. Seriously, this is stealing and stealing is illegal. It is the unlawful use of someone's bank account information to steal their money. I would also like to let you FYE know that they were/are helping a company steal from their customers...thats kind of bad for business.

• Pa
    Paris Nov 21, 2008

they took money out of my account and i called another number and they told me that they flagged the account. They still didnt refund my money and they still never sent the magazines either. This is a total scam and everyone should be warned not to trust this company. I will take legal action against them & i will get my money back. I work hard for my money and they have no care for that. All the economic hardships and they jus add to the crisis of AMERICA.

Char Nov 12, 2008

They offer magazines for pennies, then put you on a yearly reorder and charge you full amount. You do not know you are being charged until you get your bank statement. Try to cancel using their recorded phone message and there is no option to dispute charge or cancel order without agreeing to another magazine. But... hold on long enough and you will get a real person who will cancel your order and offer a refund. I'll have to wait a few days (or weeks) to see the refund on my statement.

Finding a number for this company isn't easy either.

• Ka
    Kathy Aug 26, 2008

I was billed for Health and Ladies Home Journals renewals without my requesting same. My credit card was charged $16.00 for each magazine and the "automatic" center said I would be refunded $13.98. THIS IS FRAUD. What protection do we have from this disgusting scam?

• Ra
    Rastabunch Aug 23, 2008

For two years in a row this company has hammered us with renewal notices and then when we didn't respond, took it upon themselves to charge my original card that I used for the first subscription 4 years ago (I haven't renewed since). Last year, about this time, this company, TWX MAGAZINES charged me for a year's subscription without my approval.

Guess what? They just did it again!?!?!?!?! Does anyone have any links where I can report them to the BBB or some other regulating agency? How do these telemarketers think they can get away with charging for things I didn't ask for? I can only imagine the $100, 000's of $1, 000's these snakes are raking in from the people who don't look to closely at their statements. How can they live with their slimy selves?