Having problems with TWX Magazine?

225 High Ridge Rd
Stamford, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TWX Magazine.

Complaints & Reviews

TWX Magazinemoney magazine subscription

I never authorized "automatic" renewals". My credit card was charged for a renewal a few days ago for Money Magazine. Please cancel immediately. I do not want automatic renewals. Account number is #[protected] #MO

Expires November 17
My name is Robert David Haman
address 1409 Crossbill Trail
Hanahan, SC. [protected]

Please Cancell the unauthorized renewal.
Robert David Haman

TWX MagazinePeople magazine

I did not authorize the payment to be done through PayPal. I contacted PayPal who cancelled the payment request, however the payment had gone through. I had no communication from TWXPeople that payment was being requested. I want a full refund of $114.21 immediately. The refund can either go back to PayPal or to myself directly. I've seen numerous complaints on Consumer Report websites about TWXPeople of wrongful charges. I would appreciate this being resolved asap.

Twx Magazines — Recurring charges

I never ordered "free" magazines. We only used our credit card for gas. I did order sports illustrated for my...

TWX Magazine Subsciption — Unapproved debit fom bank account

My bank has charged me a $36.00 overdraft fee because of this unauthorized debit

Twx MagazinesStill getting charged, even AFTER I cancelled.

Wow... I know I'm stupid for signing up for "free" magazines from FYE. But I was feeling pressured due to the line behind me, and I was trying to say no, but the guy was adamant I try it.

So, stupidly enough, I said "okay". It was alright for the free magazines that came; Sports Illustrated and Entertainment, even though I don't read them... I check my bank account on 6/25/12, and I'm down $24.50 in my account.

I called the company I found the number from (I went to FYE's website and scrolled to the "Free Magazines" link, clicked and scrolled to the bottom once again, found the number there.) and spoke to a nervous sounding young man. He took my details and said the systems were down, but I'd receive a call in the next 3 - 5 days, as of 6/25/12. I've been waiting for the refund, received nothing.
      Today, 7/5/12, I check my account again. And I'm missing another $17.50, leaving me with less than $3 in my account.

I do not make enough money to be spending it on this stupid magazine scam. I have already explained this to the young man, Shaun, I believe his name was, and I haven't even received a refund. I was told I won't receive anymore magazines, nor charges, yet I've been charged again.
      DO NOT accept this offer at FYE, or anywhere that offers you these magazines; you will be charged 3 months down the line without any warning.

I now have to go to my bank tomorrow and will file a dispute, and request that they do a backcharge or something to help me get back the money I lost in this scam.

• Kr
          kristinS Jun 06, 2014

I did not order any magazines and I want my money back NOW! How dare you take 58$ and some change from me when I work so hard as it is for the bills I can barely pay now.

Twx Magazines — Charged without notice

If you shop at FYE or any other similar retailer PLEASE READ AND BEWARE!!! A company called "TWX Magazines"...

Twx MagazinesFraudulent Charge

BE AWARE: When you call TWX to cancel your "subscription, " it will give you options that sound like they are cancelling your "subscription" and "refunding" your money, but you actually have to wait until the last option (#3 for me) in order to completely cancel the "subscription" and be refunded. Otherwise, they will continue to charge you. After they found "my account" I pressed option #1 and then option #3 in order to cancel.

Twx Magazines, New York — Unauthorized charge of my credit card

There was an uathorazed charge to my credit card. I haven't order any subscriptions. I was given a half...

TWX Money MagazineTheft from Paypal account

They billed me 16.95 taken out of my Paypal account. I haven't ordered a magazine from them since 2008 and never authorized recurring payment.

Twx MagazinesUnauthorized charges to my Discover card

I was billed on 3 separate dates for Eating Well, Womens Day and Health Magazines. This appeared on my Discover Card totaling $86.
            I have disputed this thru discover and they are investigating.

I would like to speak to someone with TWX and was unable to get a human. This company is a piece of garbage and needs to be investigated for their illegal practices of billing charge accounts without authorization.

Why doesn't the magazine companies get after these jerks?

Cathsea Aug 08, 2011

Call [protected] and you'll talk to a real person! I just did it, cancelled my ongoing renewal subscription and asked that the subscription stop right now and was told I'd receive a refund in 72 hours to my credit card. I signed up for this magazine using my airline points - note to self, don't do that again!! Good luck!
                BTW - the company is http://www.synapsegroupinc.com and the magazine division is New Sub Service which provides continuous subscription renewal service. You have to cancel or they'll send and renew your subscription forever!

• Cm
                cmilesdiva Sep 26, 2011

Has anyone reported them to the bbb? I am cconsidering doing that now.

TWX MagazineBeware

Subscribed for one year of Magazine in Aug of 2010. On June 6th 2011, I was charged $1.00 on my credit card from TWX Magazine. I called number 1*877*813*0320 which I found on this thread (they have several different toll free numbers), kept pressing zero to reach a customer service. After 8 minutes on hold, I politely asked the representative about the $1 charge. I was told that it was a test withdrawal so that they can automatically renew my subscription in Aug and bill me. I was able to cancel my magazine subscription and was told that there will be no future charges and my $1.00 will be refunded to me within 72 hrs. So guys check your bank statements regularly. Hopefully this works.

candace kunza Mar 29, 2012

Thank you. I called that number and they cancelled for me. Very easy. :)

• Su
                  Sulli817 May 06, 2014

I signed up for free magazines through United Airlines. I never read them so didn’t plan on renewing and continued to throw the renewal letters in the trash. I didn’t think they would automated renew for you. Maybe I didn’t read the fine print. I ended up with two charges on my credit card, one for $37 and one for $34. I called the number listed with the charges. Their automated system is a bit of a pain, but I continued to hit "zero" until I got an operator. I asked to cancel the subscriptions and asked for a refund in which they granted me with no problems. They try to sell you more subscriptions for the same magazines much cheaper but keep saying no. I just called today so hopefully the refund comes in 3 business days otherwise I’ll call back and complain. Hope this helps!
                  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

TWX MagazineDid ot want magazines

I had ordered some makeup through the phone. After I ordered they told me I would be eligible to receive magazines. I told them I did not want any magazines. I checked my bank account today and there were 2 charges. 1 for $5.97 and another one for $25.00. I called my bank and they said it was listed as TWX magazine and gave me a 1-800 number to call. It is impossible to speak to a live person since it is automated. I cancelled this over the phone and hopefully I won't be charged any more. This is ridiculous and crap like this needs to stop. When someone says "No", they mean no!!!

TWX MagazineMagazine Scam

Beware of TWX's scam. They offer you free magazines for three months, then they charge your credit card $84 for it. This happened to me when I ordered People Magazine. After arguing with People Magazine for a long time, I finally got a number then will get through; I want to share it. Here it is: [protected] (You have to keep pressing "0" (zero) to get a live person. They will fast-talk you and be careful and just keep saying "do not send me anymore magazines and remove the charge from my credit card". Be clear and firm and the will remove the charges in 72 hours. Good luck getting out of this scam. God bless.

• Re
                      Residentx Jun 10, 2011

Thanks so much for the info. I called it but their computers were down so they had to fill out a paperform. My Bank Citi is giving me a hassle over these charges. They want me to cancel all of cards and and fill out an affidavit.

• Da
                      Daniel000 Jun 26, 2012

I just called the above number and i had no trouble cancelling or getting a refund. I didn't even take 5 minutes. Sure the guy had a thick Spanish accent and they tried offering more deals but the guy was more than helpful, no doubt deals with this all the time. I did this on 6/26/2012 by the way if you're worried about this page being outta date. Good luck out there!

candlee Aug 21, 2012

Thank you very much for the info. I followed your directions (having to press 0 many times) and it seemed very easy. If my credit card isn't refunded as the man said, I will follow-up to this comment, but he assured me it will.

TWX magazine subscriptionsunauthorized subscription charges

Over a year ago when I was checking out with purchases from Stein Mart I was told that they were offering 3 mos. free magazine subscriptions as a "thank you" to their preferred customers. I declined at first saying I was not interested in subscribing to any magazines. The cashier persisted, saying they were free & asked what I would choose since they were free & I would not be charged, so I acquiesced. A month or so later the magazines began showing up. I was never sent a notice of any kind with instructions for either renewing or cancelling the subscriptions, but now for the second time I have been billed for renewing the subscriptions which I want cancelled. However, there is no address or phone number anywhere on the magazine label that indicates how or where to cancel.

I understand that I erred by ever agreeing to receive the subscriptions in the first place, but it is misleading at best and perhaps even illegal to trick unsuspecting consumers into signing something which does not clearly state you will be charged automatically without notice for extending the initial trial offer. It should not be legal for Stein Mart & TWX to engage in such deceitful practices.
                    I plan to call [protected] to try to cancel all further subscription renewals. I think I should be refunded for the newest charges to my card but I certainly want to be sure no more are made in the future.

• Gi
                        GingerKnows Mar 07, 2011

I've had the same type of pushiness too from them.

• Gi
                        GingerKnows Mar 07, 2011

I've had the same thing happen

• Lo
                        loggin Apr 17, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me. I NEVER even received the free magazines that the cashier at Steinmart told me I would get and NOW I get charged for them! Thanks for telling me about the [protected] number! I have called and was told they would debit my account in 48-72 hours I will let you know how that goes!

• Cb
                        C. Bombardier Aug 06, 2011

Thank you so much for providing the telephone number where I could STOP this nonsense!! I have researched and couldn't find any information until today. I have called and they have said they will stop the charges and refund my money in 24-48 hours!

TWX Magazine — never order these magazines

I never spoke nor gave information to these people about these Magazines. On June 23, 2010 they took $76.00...

TWX Magazinefraud, scam

I was recently charged by the TWX Magazine company for magazines I did not order. They overdrew my account by $100 and caused a lot of problems for me. I contacted the company and they said they would deposit the money back in my account in 72 hours. I then contacted my bank AGAIN, and the company was in the process of removing the money from my account AGAIN!!! I have filed a complaint and and shredded my debit card. This company is a scam artist and enjoy making a living off of hard working people. This is fraud. And I think some type of legal action should be taken against this company to prevent this from happening to other hard working people like myself. Bottom line is that they flat out suck!!!

• Mo
                          mohammed talat amjedullah Sep 27, 2012

It happen to me, i never order to this company for magazines, but how come these people got my credit card number, they charge on my card for four magazines without my notice, which i never authorize,
                          mohammed talat amjedullah

Twx Magazinesfraudelent credit card charges

I placed a order online for work uniforms in may of 2009. I was told I was going to receive a gift of three free magazine subscriptions for a year for only a $2.00 one time charge for shipping. Not only have I never received a single magazine, but was charged two $2.00 charges and one $4.00 charge in may 2009 for the shipping of the unreceived magazines. Then tonight I went to pay my bills online and to my surprise, I observed three renewal charges totaling $106.00 ($31.00, $34.00, and $41.00). I made three calls to the the number I found online. one of the calls I was hung up on, I then asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told I must wait 7-10 days for the return of the unauthorized charges, but would not have the shipping fees of the merchandise that was never received. The company reps were rude, as a result i now have to make arrangements to pay my bills late, and incur late fees for these bills. What action if any can I take against this company who has not only inconvenienced me but has cost me even more financial setbacks? I am on a very tight fixed budget and feel that they should be responsible for my losses, as a result. I was informed by them that I should have canceled my subscription before the renewal period, I again explained that I never received a single magazine from them or an option to renew or cancel, their reply was 'I don't know what to tell you'. they stated that they will process a cancellation for me. However I will still be out the shipping fees of $8.00 which seems like a trivial amount, but also the late fees for the bills that I now cannot pay. One of which is a contract arrangement for my gas bill, which could result in a disconnect of service as well as a substantial reconnect fee. What recourse if any do I have with this company?

fraudelent credit card charges

TWX magazine subscription — Unauthorized magazine subscription charges

My credit card was billed for magazine subscriptions when I was only supposed to recieve 3 free copies and...

TWX MagazineFRAUD BILLING! SCAM!!

First of all, google TWX magazine. I'll wait. You may notice that you never even get a website for the company... but a full page after page listing of fraud and scam complaints. Thats bad, when the search didn't even include anything but the company name.

I signed up with a subscription 2 years ago through blender magazine. I kept it cause i didnt mind the magazines..but at some point i got tired of them so I decided not to renew. But they kept coming. After that, a long while after that, I was skimming over my bank statement and discovered SEVERAL charges from this new TWX blender, which eventually just became TWX Maxim. Not being able to find contact information at the time I just canceled that card that I used, got a new card. Well, two new cards later (bringing us to now) I got another bill...from TWX!! Enough was enough, I called the bank and they acknowledged they have this problem very rare but only with companies like this and...funny enough... AOL, leading me to believe they are linked.

Anyway, The bank fined them and returned the funds to my account. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE! If you want the magazine buy it straight from the company. A legit company.

• Al
                              alfonso.procopio Mar 01, 2010

TWX is Time Warner, who is also in charge of AOL, who also has many many fraud reports charged against it for this kind of practice, avoid Time Warner!! Do the searches here for TWX or AOL, you'll see what I mean!

Twxmagazine — unapproved charges

I found charges on my bank account that I had not approved. Called them and said it would be taken care of...