Magazine Deals Now Logo

Magazine Deals Now

Having problems with Magazine Deals Now?

7109 W Hefner Rd № 2518
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Magazine Deals Now.

Complaints & Reviews

Magazinedealsnow/Star MagazineNever received the magazine

We subscribe to about 40 magazines and I track them through a computer spreadsheet. I ordered a 1 year subscription to STAR magazine on 5 Oct 12 in the amount of $33.40 . On 24 Jan 13, I initiated a follow-up as the magazine label was not updated with this new subscription. After some 30 emails to a Ms Barrington where she blamed their clearing house and initiated a new magazine start through other clearing houses without any resolve. I then submitted a credit/debit card dispute form to my financial institution on 6 Dec 13 for a reverse posting of the charge. They responded with the ruling that since I did not contact them within 60 days of the billing cycle, my requested action could not take place. This is difficult to do as it takes some magazine publishers as long as 18 weeks to update their databases. We've had a credit card through our financial institution for years and as a courtesy they posted a $33.40 credit and I have since gone elsewhere to buy another STAR magazine subscription.

Magazine Deals Now — never recieved magazine

Order magazine for sister. She never received it!! order id is 6YUOFYB4TV4088. term was 3 years price was $...

Magazine Deals NowFraud, don't ship your magazines!

Beware! Do Not Purchase from this bogus company! I ordered 40.00 worth of magazine
    and Never received one magazine! No telephone number to follow up with. When you
    email them about your magazine...same ole email 8-12 weeks, depending on the publication.
    This is the same email each time! I called every magazxine myself to check on my order, no
    order was Ever placed! 4 months later, screwed out of 40.00 dollars! Bogus Company! Fraud!

• Wj
        wjbillyw Aug 24, 2012

A great magazine distributor to do business with is National Magazine Exchange in Clearwater Florida. The price is just a bit more but I got behind on my payments and they are working very graciously and kindly with me as well as continuing to provide me with the nation's finest magazines like Forbes, Motortrend and FamilyFun along with other top drawer publications like Reader's Digest. Give them a try and you will be pleased. WW

Magazine Deals Now — Fraud

This company has now taken my order for two magazines. I have not received either magazine. Emails are not...

Fairview Park

Magazine Deals Nowwrongful practice

Purchased a year of Fido Friendly (6 issues) on 08/27/2010. Paid in full. On receipt of the first issue (December) I noticed it shows that the subscription ends in 4 issues total. I called the magazine to notify them of their error. I was told that Magazine Deals Now had only paid for 4 issues and that is what I have. I then contacted Magazine Deals Now and sent an email. They said they would look into it. I got an email back that it is fixed and I get 4 issues total. So in fact they did nothing to fix it. I replied telling them they did not fix it and got another email saying it is fixed I get 4 issues total. They are aware of the problem but are doing nothing to fix it.

magazinedealsnow.comscam - avoid like the plague

On 7/26/10 I ordered Consumer Reports (8-14 weeks for delivery) which should have arrived no later than 11/5/10. Contacted magazinedealsnow.com on 11/16/10 regarding I never received my order. They blamed the clearinghouse (as usual) and would send an inquiry to same. They also advised it would take one or two weeks for a response. In addition, I had requested a refund if the magazine had not been processed which they totally ignored. Well it is now 01/20/11 and I have not heard from magazinedealsnow again. What kind of company sells a product and doesn't follow through with the clearinghouse to make sure your order was filled. They are worthless. Total weeks wasted 27 - DON'T GET SCREWED !! DON'T USE THEM !! I emailed them again today, but I doubt the outcome will be favorable.

• Ho
            honestnicewoman Aug 28, 2010

Even though I was leary of placing an order through magazinedealsnow.com after reading the reviews, I registered after trying to place an order. The only thing that comes up now is a phone number to call the company. Why can't I just place my order?

magazinesdealsnow.comscam - avoid like the plaque

On 7/26/10 I ordered Consumer Reports (8-14 weeks for delivery) which should have arrived no later than 11/5/10. Contacted magazinesdealsnow.com on 11/16/10 regarding I never received my order. They blamed the clearinghouse (as usual) and would send an inquiry to same. They also advised it would take one or two weeks for a response. In addition, I had requested a refund if the magazine had not been processed which they totally ignored. Well it is now 01/20/11 and I have not heard from magazinedealsnow again. What kind of company sells a product and doesn't follow through with the clearinghouse to make sure your order was filled. They are worthless. Total weeks wasted 27 - DON'T GET SCREWED !! DON'T USE THEM !! I emailed them again today, but I doubt the outcome will be favorable.

Magazine Deals Nowno magazine sent

i puschased a subscription for consumer reports magazine in august 30th 2010 and were promised i should get my mag in 8-18 weeks i waited till november 30th 2010 and i contacted them ...they responded after 2 weeks that it is not them it is the publisher is no good and they are resubmitting my order ...today is jan 8 th 2011 and havnt got my magazine yet...my advice dont do business with these imposters...and by the way they have been reported to the authorities ...hopefully they will stop such a front for money theft...

no magazine sent

Magazine Deals NowSCAM COMPANY STAY AWAY

January I ordered a magazine subscription, waited my 14weeks... Nothing came, I contacted them and I was told to wait longer... well after five months I contacted them again... and I was told my order was canceled and that I was 'emailed" (which i wasn't) a coupon code to use on their website instead of a credit card refunded... best part is the coupon expires... I am still waiting for my money back... seems like a scam operation from the complaints I’ve been reading. STAY AWAY!!!

• Tr
                  trashflavored Mar 06, 2011

Magazinedealsnow.com seemed a bit fishy to me so I decided to see if they had gotten bad reviews. I'm sure glad I did! I won't be ordering with this company.

Magazine Deals Nownever sent product

ordered a $22.00 subscription and was told 8-12 weeks for delivery emailed at 10 weeks was told everything was fine, emailed them again at 12 weeks was told they will talk to the clearing house but never emailed me again after that. At 13.5 weeks sent a copy of my invoice and informed them i want my money back. they responded that they couldn't do that until it was confirmed the subscription was not being sent from the publisher. at week 14 they informed me that i will be getting my first issue in August (17 weeks) after origional purchase. I informed them at this time i just want my money back but they still wouldnt give it to me, and i have yet to receive anything!!

Bargainhunter101 Oct 29, 2010

I just placed an order from Magazinedealsnow.com I am skittish to proceed so I requested a refund except for one magazine. They do have the lowest prices - so low that I can't believe them. Hence, I requested a refund but will take a chance with one magazine order. I will post follow-up here on my experience.

Bargainhunter101 Oct 30, 2010

Follow-up on customer service. I received an e-mail 24 hours after requesting a refund. It was an automated response which stated it may take 5-7 days for somebody at the company to respond to my request. Yet, the web site says I only have until Tuesday of each week to cancel my order. This could be a big problem for a customer who places an order on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday because Magzinedealsnow.com may not respond to a cancellation request until it is too late. Anyone posting an order on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday is highly unlikely to be able to change his/her mind
                    due to slow customer service response.

Bargainhunter101 Nov 08, 2010

I am still waiting for a refund. It has been more than a week and no refund has been issued. Customer service comtacted me 6 days ago via e-mail yet NEVER issued my refund as requested. Beware.

Magazine Deals Nownever refunded amount due

Perhaps this is premature, but their website is NO LONGER available. I purchased 6 subscriptions from them - one could not be filled for some reason THEY had - and after emailing 3 times requesting a refund on that order - their website appears to be shut down. I have no idea if my Christmas gifts will also be a fraud and I am concerned.

Who else should I contact?

MagazineDealsNow.com Dec 09, 2008

As a representative of Magazine Deals Now I can say that we are very much in business and our website is live online. Our website has not ever been shut down. To state that we are shut down is a false statement.

Any order placed through Magazine Deals Now will be fulfilled. If there is ever a problem with an order we will always issue a refund. This is never an issue with Magazine Deals Now.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please direct an e-mail to [email protected] Our customer service department will check your order and answer any questions you may have.

• Re
                      reneehoward Dec 16, 2008

I have to agree with the representative of the company, who responded before me. While I am in no way affiliated with magazinedealsnow.com, I CAN say that their website is up and running. As a customer of theirs, I can tell you that I have purchased subscriptions for myself and to use as gifts for a few years now. I've never had a problem getting my subscriptions. In fact, they usually begin coming to me before the 8-12 week window. Just thought I'd share that with anyone who is considering buying from them!

• Da
                      daniel58 Jun 01, 2010

I have requested that I cancel my magazine subscription since they cannot guarantee delivery in stated timeframe limits; which is fair and equitable.

I would rather be safe and sorry.

I am currently waiting for my credit card transaction posting online to go thru for the cost of magaine subscription; as I just don't feel comfortable doing business with a business with registered unresolved complaints against it.

Thanks but not thanks.

I will let you all know if they post the cost of the credit card magazine subscription as of June 1st 2010 in a timely manner; just as a follow-up to all those following up here on complaint board.

I even wrote to the magazine publisher requesting if they got my subscription request from April 20th which cleared the clearing hourse Aprile 20th, 2010; so far have not been able to reconcile the magazine subscription transaction; so I requested to cancel the magazine subscription instead since no one was able to confirm or verify the magazine subscription.

I just don't really care if they don't care about the customer at all; as it should be.

• Da
                      daniel58 Jun 01, 2010

I am neutral and will monitor complaint board for further complaints and/or feedback regarding magazine deals now

Magazine Deals Now — No product sent

Ordered magazine on Aug. 22, 2008. 8-12 weeks for delivery. After not receiving anything for 10 week...