Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Collections Agencies TRS Recovery Services collecting on forged check - criminal convicted

TRS Recovery Services  -  collecting on forged check - criminal convicted

N
Author of the complaint
5:44 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last October my checkbook, driver's License and credit cards were stolen. I had to close the bank account after discovering a check had been written to WalMart by the thief. I made police reports and one of the people involved has already been sentenced. The bank denied payment because the check was stolen and Walmart evidently did not look carefully at the ID as the people involved were all 20+ years younger than I am. Now, suddenly months later my husband (who was not even a signer on the account that belonged to my Dad and I) has received a letter from TRS collections.. They show phone numbers but all go to recorded messages referring the caller to websites where one can download and FAX a form which we have done. How my husband's name got involved i do not know and why this is in collections I also do not know. Like most of the country we rely on credit and cannot afford to have our credit destroyed over Walmart's error. I have read all over the Internet that this collection company are scammers. How do we fix this?

More TRS Recovery Services complaints & reviews

TRS Recovery Services - horrible experience
TRS Recovery Services - untrue claim that I owe them money
TRS Recovery Services - fraud and bills!
TRS Recovery Services - stop payment collection
3 comments
D
Jun 19, 2009 2:33 pm

My husband and I brought a leather sofa, refrigerator, and bedroom tv from TRS, well they had to take the refrigerator back because they damaged it while delivering and then broke the leg on the couch also. This has been going on for 6 months, that we have been paying for damaged furniture, now they finally send a repair man out and he says it's gonna be 4-8 weeks before they get the part and have it fixed, so now TRS houston office is calling and harrassing us to pay on broken furniture

D
Sep 29, 2010 11:07 am

I was very outdone on the proceedures of this rental company.. After we rented they listed our accounts a separately so they could make their numbers for the month.. One sofa became 4 pieces listed separately and one mattress became 2 pieces. Therefore, I would be paying off each piece separately... (I would own the left armrest or the bottom box spring... It was not written up like that when we first purchased it... We are double paying by it being listed that way...

May 20, 2014 6:07 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The best way to fix this is to find a NACA attorney in your area. NACA stands for the National Association of Consumer Advocates. NACA attorneys specialize in dealing with debt collectors. They were able to help me when I had my own run in with a scummy debt collector. NACAs website is www.naca.net. If you aren't familiar with the federal laws that govern debt collectors, an attorney that does is your best bet for the quickest, least damaging to your credit route for dealing with debt collectors. Best of luck.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

61 complaints