Having problems with Travelzoo?

Travelzoo reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 26, 2011. The latest review Trip for to to machu picchu was posted on Aug 18, 2021. The latest complaint Trip to cambodia/vietnam was resolved on Feb 04, 2020. Travelzoo has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 42 reviews. Travelzoo has resolved 38 complaints.

Travelzoo Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 665 0000 (United States, Vouchers)
+1 877 966 0000 (United States, Hotel Bookings)
+44 203 564 3000 (United Kingdom, Vouchers)
+44 203 564 9000 (United Kingdom, Hotel Bookings)
+61 280 989 198 (Australia)
+49 695 170 9000 (Germany, Vouchers)
+49 693 8079 1000 (Germany, Hotel Bookings)
+852 22 197 200 (Hong Kong & Taiwan)
+65 31 080 601 (Singapore)
590 Madison Avenue, 37th Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Travelzoo Customer Service. Initial Travelzoo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Travelzoo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Travelzoo. Discuss the issues you have had with Travelzoo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Travelzoo Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Travelzoo — wine

Wine Insiders Wine Club review I would not recommend Wine Insiders Wine Club. I ordered six bottles each for...

Travelzoomess!!!

What a mess!!!
I needed to book a room in Boston for 2 nights and used this website.
Everything went through, I was charged, so I went to get prepared for my trip.
On the next day, I noticed that my credit card has a bigger amount than it had yesterday. My money was given back for the Boston room from Travelzoo.
In short, they canceled my booking. I called them and asked what happened, but they didn't find any words to explain why.
They said that maybe their system was down and tried to rebook, but nothing worked well.
I spent over 2 hours to figure the things out and they didn't help me anyway.
What a mess!!! not sure I will recommend you to use them

• Travelzoo's response · Nov 21, 2017

Dear Mara,

We're very sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your Travelzoo experience. We would be happy to revisit your concerns, please email [email protected] Attn: Liberty.

Liberty

Travelzooworst service ever

What is a trip insurance to me? It's a guarantee that during the entire trip I will be fine and healthy. Moreover, for everyone who is going abroad its necessary to have it.
    It's not an advertisement, i'm just trying to explain why it's so important to me. However, the travelzoo refused to provide me that after I bought a trip to london. Actually, the travel agencies have to provide services like that, but this one is special, I think.
    So after a terrible runaround, I got a zero result.
    And I decided to cancel the booked trip and look for it at different websites. But nothing was so easy. They said they won't refund in full, that I had to pay the additional feels that weren't mentioned anywhere.
    What a scam!!! I'm not going to pay anything and will report them.

• Travelzoo's response · Oct 06, 2017

Dear Susan,

Liberty

Travelzoo — sinorama gold 8 tour/cruise

After booking with Sinorama from a Travelzoo "top twenty deals", I requested a disability...

Vancouver

Travelzoo — travelzoo newsflash™ - vip edition

Travelzoo Newsflash™ - vip edition Travel zoo should check before advertise on line and bother registered...

Travelzooflight agent

I put a generous deposit on Jamaica flights for the 23rd July from one of your agents and though emailing I've received no communication since asking to cancel as the agent kept changing bank details then after two months callig he said id get a refund as they had to cancel tickets i still pursued getting my money back but now hrs not not answering any mail or calls . I paid out 750.00 pounds and have no holiday so need this money back to go towards another one now

• Travelzoo's response · Jul 25, 2017

Dear Ros Thompson,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to discuss further. Please call us at +[protected] or email us at [email protected]

Regards,

Travelzoo — currently on holiday

BNE320386 I would like to log a complaint with you. Hotel we're currently staying at: Radisson Blue...

Travelzoothe marton arms hotel, thornton in lonsdale

We booked a voucher on travel zoo for a two night stay at the Marton arms, Thornton in Lonsdale. We booked this for 13th - 14th April after ringing the accommodation and we're looking forward to our break away in the Yorkshire Dales for my partners 40th birthday. On arrival the female running the hotel took us to our room where the bathroom was very damp smelling. The hand-wash dispenser was broken and on getting a shower the water started off very lukewarm and soon ran cold. I rang down to speak to the lady who had shown us to our room and told her there was no hot water. She responded very vague stating someone else had mentioned that their heralding wasn't working. She offered no solutions to the problem when asked what we were to do and said she didn't know why as she had checked the boiler and the pilot light was on! My partner had to have a freezing cold shower and we then went down for the evening meal included. We were served drinks in dirty glasses to start with. We enquired re what the desserts were but the lady didn't know, said she'didn't find out and never came back to us. She then went to take someone elses order. We asked again and she found out and took out order. My partner got a starter of garlic mushrooms which came slopped onto a plate looking like it was for a dog. The started plate was never cleared away until our main meals came. These were burgers as we daren't order anything else due to the standard of the place and food. The burgers and chips were edible but not great and we had to keep getting up and down to request sauces etc. We carried on drinking in the pub as the pub was in a remote location and there were no other places to go. My partner drank a real ale and i drank lager. Again the glasses were dirty and the staff were not attentive or welcoming at all. Whilst downstairs we once again asked about the hot water and were give no solutions - the lady started talking to one of the other customers (a male who ran the campsite next door) asking if he had any ideas about the boiler and there being no hot water. This was trivialised and laughed about but still we had no solution other than 'see how the water is in the morning'! We then had to ask where we came for breakfast and what time it was as once again, we had not been told.
        We went to bed and my partner was ill with diarrhoea and sickness in the night after going to bed with a stomach ache which we believe was down the the ale as that is the only thing we had had different. This lasted for a few hours during the night and was only a little better by the morning.
        In the morning the water was hot again. We went down for breakfast (in with the price) which was edible however the tea was undrinkable as it was full of limescale and smelled and tastes strongly of this. I asked for another pot of tea which they brought but it was just the same so we left and drove to a cafe to have to buy a cup of tea.
        We stayed out of the hotel as long as possible, ate out and refused to drink there on the night so had to walk to the nearest village. The breakfast the following morning was the same with limescale ridden tea and we packed and left. On handing in the keys the lady said 'ok, bye then' . We were never asked if our stay had been nice and the lady and male behind the bar seemed clueless, uninterested and not the faintest bit bothered re the service or cleanliness of the place. We were so disappointed with the whole thing, it totally ruined our trip. I have been to the pub a number of years ago and it was lovely so I wanted to take my partner back for a special break. I realise I got this as a good deal on travel zoo butility it still cost over £100 and then money spent whilst there and on travel. I don't expect the standard to be any lower or the service whether it is a deal or not and we were thoroughly disappointed.
        I would be grateful if you would offer some feedback on this.

• Travelzoo's response · Apr 20, 2017

Hello Isabel a.,

We are sorry to hear your experience at the Marton Arms Hotel was less than perfect. We would be more than happy to look into your concerns further. Please call our Customer Service Team at +[protected]. Agents available 24 hours.

Travelzoofalse deals

I booked a room of Stratosphere Casino & Hotel thru Travelzoo (12/18-12/20). I thought I paid all fees to Travelzoo and don't need to pay any to the hotel, but Stratosphere charged me much higher additional resort fee and made the deal not a deal anymore. Travelzoo doesn't do what Expedite does: list and collect all fees, for them and hotel. Expedite lets customer easily compare the price and service, while Travelzoo hides 70% additional fee from website.

• Travelzoo's response · Jan 13, 2016

Hi Reviewer93455,

We are very sorry to hear you had a less than perfect booking experience. Travelzoo makes every effort to ensure all fees are disclosed prior to booking and on your confirmation email.

Upon review of your concerns, we see that our Customer Service Team has reached out to you as recently as 1/11/2016 to further address your concerns.

If you need further assistance, please call our Customer Service Team at [protected] Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM EST.

The Travelzoo Customer Service Team

• Di
              DiegoJohnson Feb 16, 2018

I would suggest you https://www.voyagesbooth.com/ here you can get cheap flight tickets and hotel reservation for everywhere in the world.Try it once.

• Su
              Susan68 Jan 13, 2016

Thanks for share, and is a shame that resorts still doing that you could check this blog for more info and learn how to avoid resorts scams, timeshare presentations, etc, good luck

Travelzoo — poor refund policy

This is a warning. They have a refund policy that blatantly states on the voucher that there are no refund...

Travelzoo And Cruiseabouttravel agency scam

I contacted the company Travelzoo And Cruiseabout, which offered a trip to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua. The price was really attractive, and it wasn’t expensive. I paid them for the cruise in advance, but when I contacted this company 2 weeks before the cruise, they told me that I couldn’t go, because I haven’t paid the full sum. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

• Travelzoo's response · Jan 08, 2014

Hi Bares,

My name is Cortni, I am a Customer Service Representative at Travelzoo, and I am sorry to hear of your cruising experience so far. Please email me at [email protected] so that I can work to make this right for you.

Travelzoo.com — don't ever buy from travelzoo or you'll regret it

They don't tell you that they don't offer refunds on vouchers after 7-days even if its a gift! They...

TravelzooI am afraid it can be a scam

TravelZoo offered me a job and I was really happy because I was short of money and had many unpaid bills I filled the form they sent me in electronic form. Now they have all my personal info and credit card details. I am afraid it can be a scam. Can anyone tell me if I need to change credit card?

Travelzoohotel voucher

I received vouchesr for two separete rooms half board for 2 people in Gande Hotel Corallaro from 10-17thJuly 2012 and on arrival to a hotel was told that there are no rooms for us after 4 days.
                I got in touch with agent from hotelsbooked and was offer transfer to another hotel.
                First three days were distressing instead of having a rest (short stay high profile job)
                I refused transfer to another hotel. At the end I extended stay by another 3 days to compenate for lost 3 first days and had to rebok flight. we lost transfer by couch to the airport.
                This was a nightmare not holidays. I shoul never book again with this company.
                I have written an official complaint letter to holidaysbooked on 24th July and not heard anything in response.

• Am
                    Amclean01 Oct 01, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience. We’d like to make this right for you. Please contact me, Alastair McLean, on the Local Deals Customer Support team at [email protected]

Travelzoo — false advertising

TravelZoo advertised a special deal with Icelandair. For 72 hours a 3 night trip to Iceland that included a...

Travelzoo.comI will never deal with these crooks again

Horrible company. I bought a restaurant voucher but the restaurant wouldn't honor it. I contacted Travelzoo for a refund but they refused! I am disputing the charges with my credit card company and if not successful I am taking them to small claims court. I will never deal with these crooks again.

• Travelzoo's response · Sep 13, 2013

lakedude,

My name is Cortni, I am a Travelzoo representative, and I would like the opportunity to work on your behalf to resolve your concern. Please contact me at [email protected] so that I may learn more about your purchase.

Thanks

• La
                      lakedude Sep 06, 2013

i brought a product and paid for it gave all my information and then i had to go to another website to get the product and give them all my information and i had to pay more.i will never trust travelzoo again i suggest using living social or groupon.what a nightmare it was filling this out.no way you should have to give out your credit card information twice for the same product .also they will push a deal when it not a deal and i have caught them on this.i talk to a superviser and she did not have a clue on what to do.

• Pi
                      Pidlanetes Nov 01, 2011

Travel Zoo — unredeemable vouchers

A little while back I purchased 2 vouchers from travel zoo for a manicure and pedicure from dorjon salon ...

Travel Zoo Local Deals — service not rendered

Please be advised that you take your purchase at your own risk with travelzoo as they do not back their...

TravelZoo Local Deals — customer service

On August 10th, I sent the following email to TrazelZoo: Hi, I write in regards to Travelzoo Local Deal...

TravelZoo Local Dealsfraudulent sale of vouchers

Please beware before purchasing any Travelzoo Local deal vouchers. They come with a litany of fine print that unscrupulous merchants often use to get out of honoring the voucher - and Travelzoo will do absolutely nothing if you contact them regarding a voucher that was not honored despite your abiding by the rules.

Recently I purchased a voucher to Hudson Terrace bar in NYC that was to be honored for entry anytime between 8-11 pm. We arrived there at 10:50 and were told that since according to their clock it was already 11 pm we would not be allowed to use the voucher - however we would be allowed to pay full price to enter for the privledge of driving 45 minutes.

We immediately left and the next day I contacted the merchant and Travelzoo regarding this experience and demanded a refund. The merchant (Hudson Terrace) acknowledged I had a bad experience and should be issued a refund. The customer service geniuses at Travelzoo gave me the run-around over several days (via phone and e-mail) until they finally sent me an e-mail claiming that I was due a full refund within 7-10 business days and they apologized for my bad experience. After waiting 10 days I received an email today claiming that no refund is warranted because I had not abided by the fine print on the voucher (which I had).

So the situation is this: the merchant refused to honor a voucher they sold through Travelzoo, acknowledged their mistake, claimed I should be due a refund, Travelzoo accepted and promised me a refund, and then reneged on their promise for no good reason. I am putting this issue up for dispute with my credit card company but wanted to warn anyone who purchases a voucher through Travelzoo that you have absolutely no protection from unscrupolous merchants - and that Travelzoo is the most unscrupulous of all.

anti travelzoo Dec 13, 2011

I agree! I recently just had an expired voucher that I did not use. I looked on the website and it stated that you may be able to redeem for the value that you paid. I paid $59 for a dinner for 2. When i contacted the merchant, they were no longer in business. I called travelzoo and they said they couldn't refund me the money and that I should take it up with the merchant?!!? (even after i told them that they were no longer open for business!) They said that they have to take it up to upper management but I have a feeling that they will not issue a refund based on my experience with their customer reps. I'm waiting to hear from them, they said 3-5 days. wish me luck!