Travelocityquick to take your money, will not refund it

B

I wanted to travel from where I am working, Naples, Italy to where my family is, Alabama. I wanted to go for my daughter's first Christmas.

I booked using Travelocity. I paid extra for paper tickets and more on top of that for overseas mailing address - even though it is a military post office and therefore, not considered overseas by the USPS.

My paper tickets did not arrive before my travel date. This is the first time I have arranged flight for myself, so I did not understand the significance of this. I had my itinerary and my reservation code. I figured they could print me new boarding passes and I would be off. I went to the airport early to take care of it.

I was told that I could not fly without purchasing new tickets. I couldn't believe it. I made them tell me three times. I finally believed the floor manager. I broke down, in public. A grown man crying because I thought I could not go home for my daughter's first Christmas. I explained that I could not afford to buy a new ticket, considering the price of the first one and what the last minute ticket would surely cost. The clerk explained that I would be buying the same ticket, same price. I could not really afford it, but I decided to risk it. Of course they wouldn't take my Discover Card. Italy remember? So I had to use my company travel card. So now I'm risking reprimand from my company, but they told me I could file for a refund.

Ok. I make the trip home. I find a quiet time and call Travelocity. I only had to wait in the queue for about 15 minutes and I spoke with a polite and helpful young man who informed me that I could request my refund through customer service and that I could scan and send them my receipt and an explanation of what happened, with my Trip ID number and that they would get me a refund.

So I sent them the scanned receipt and explained my problem. Ten minutes later a response. I couldn't believe it. On Christmas Eve too. Happy Holidays indeed! Nope. Just an automated message confirming receipt of my message.

Three days pass before I can check my mail. A courteously worded email with name and address and phone number requesting that I fax several things. I respond with a request for clarification and explain that I do not have access to a fax machine (costs 6-20 Euro to send a stateside fax from here.) Automated confirmation. Remarkably familiar courteously worded email with name and address and phone number requesting that I fax in several things (some are different from the first.)

So I made it really easy, I made a numbered list of my questions and sent it back. So far I have gotten about 4 different responses, mostly canned. The most recent telling me that they did not receive my scanned receipt and telling me that the Italian airline with which I traveled would take a year to process a refund.

I wept again. This time privately. Then I decided to respond, politely, and ask once again that they refund the FIRST ticket not the second one. Attached the scanned receipt again.

Then I went on the web to see if anyone else had had problems like this, and if so, how they got them resolved. Not an excessive number of hits if you consider the amount of business they must do.

But here's the common theme. Travelocity's customer service is very slow, extremely bureaucratic and they simply do not like to return your money. I did find another email address for their 100% guarantee department, and have sent an impassioned plea for help. I do not hold much hope.

Tomorrow I try to contact my credit card company to see if I can dispute the charge that way. Tomorrow night I will probably be posting on blogs across the blogosphere. Hmm, maybe if I pasted together all the email traffic and posted that on a Google page. (Yahoo Travel is where I started...turns out it's a front for Travelocity).

• Ki
    KimG58 Aug 18, 2016

Yesterday I made for my family reservations for a roundtrip flight to Madrid out of JFK, and after few hours they cancelled my trip, so I called and they changed the return day to a day earlier. After a few hours I called to ask about the trip, and they told me that they have to change to higher price. I agreed to $125.00 dollar price increase, and they confirmed my ticket. After few hours they called me again to inform me that the price will be much higher if I want to fly. They mislead people, and try to sell out tickets according who is going to pay more.

Do not use this company!!!

• Da
    Daawgon Aug 16, 2016

You should immediately file a claim with the credit card that you charged your flight with. I believe that's the very fastest way to get a refund. I would also notify both that airline's CEO and Travelocity. Most likely the error is at Travelocity. Asiana is an excellent carrier - it's my favorite when I travel to Asia.

Last year I had a claim against a small Thai carrier, PB Air. They canceled all service to Danang, Vietnam at that time, and I was holding a reservation from BKK to Danang. They wanted to refund my money after 45 days, and that was unacceptable to me. I filed a claim with my credit card, Capital One, and received not only a full refund, but an added payment from that carrier.

(Asiana Airlines is part of the Kumho Asiana Group of companies - go to their website to get the CEO's name and contact address in Korea)

• Ru
    RUTH CLARENCE Aug 16, 2016

I booked a flight for my wife Ruth r. Clarence to go from Seattle, Washington to south Korea to Japan and then to her final destination on Guam. She was suppose to leave Oct 17 2009 at 2:25pm. We go to the airport and check in with Asian airlines but the ticket agent does not find any reservations under my wife. I booked the ticket online with travelocity.com. My wife did not go on any flight and in my bank statement states that you taken $968. 91 from me. I have called the customer support line and explained what had happened. The representative gives me this web site to make a complain. Now i have been patient enough and all i want is my refund! I will take legal action if you continue give me the run around! I have all the documents and attachments you need. . Please give me a call. .

• La
    LaurieEllen Aug 05, 2016

booked a Disney vacation thu Travelocity. Hotel, flight and parks. Took hotel transportaion to parks, presented paperwork and was informed that no tickets were purchased. spent HOURS upon HOURS on phone with Travelocity and they wanted us to pay for the park tickets AGAIN. They finally used their corporate card the next day and bought tickets but we lost 2 days of what we paid for. They said we would get a refund of $400 and now are refusing to pay.

Mack Aug 05, 2016

Those folks at Travelocity are either idiots or just plain crooks. My daughter in Italy wanted to extend her stay by 6 weeks. The original $1100 round trip ticket was purchased through Travelocity. They were going to cancel the return ticket, then charge me the one way ticket price of $2403 minus the return ticket value $690 for a whopping total of $1993 additional! I thought I might just eat the return ticket and book a new round trip. So I called Lufthansa and they changed the ticket for just $250. Go figure. I will never do business with Travelocity again!

• Bi
    bijoulove88 Aug 05, 2016

This company is a nightmare to deal with. They promise you a refund and will make you go through hell for it. It's been three weeks since they promised us a refund for a cancellation on a hotel, the hotel refunded the money back to them but they won't refund it back us. They make you go through the same procedures for weeks, you call they keep confirming that they will issue you a refund in 7-10 business days, you don't get a refund, so you call back, nothing yet, call back again. You're better off booking hotels and flights individually and not through a site such as Travelocity. They're really dishonest and a nightmare.

• Aj
    ajlny4 Aug 05, 2016

After spending yet another hour on hold, being transferred from department to department, and getting disconnected multiple times, I have finally booked a ticket with a travel voucher. I had to cancel a flight due to work, which I promptly re-booked. There was a 151$ credit, yet I still had to pay a 125$ change fee, separate from this credit which was frustrating due to the fact that the first person I spoke with in regards to the potential cancellation failed to mention this fee. Also NOT brought to my attention was the fact that I was required to have this credit voucher federal expressed to me. This was the only way they said they would send it. This cost me 29.95. Once I received it in the mail there were instructions that in order to use this voucher, I was going to have to send it back to them. I called to set this up and spoke with a million different people before being told that I could not actually book my ticket, using the voucher, until I fed ex'd the voucher back to them! I was also informed that if I did not book my ticket within five days of the day they received this voucher, they would fed ex it back to me and charge me for this. SO, I called today and it took over an hour to book my new ticket. I don't usually yell at people on the phone, but the frustration I felt was enormous and i am absolutely convinced that Travelocity tries to make it as difficult and as trying as possible in order to discourage us from using the money they owe us. I will be honest, the time and frustration was not worth what ended up to be approximately 100$ after all of the fed ex fees. I told each of the MANY people I had to speak with that I would never use travelocity again. The last time I went through this I had to eventually ask to speak with a supervisor who CLEARLY did not care if she lost my business. My advice: stay away from travelocity. It could mean future headaches that are simply not worth your time.

• Jc
    JC FL Aug 05, 2016

Stay away from Tavelocity. Travelocity rates 2 star hotels as 3-star hotels so you think you are getting a bargain. Every other site on the internet rated the hotel I booked as a Top Secret Hotel 3-star hotel as a 2 star. When I saw the hotel, I immediately called Travelocity and pointed out this was not a 3-star hotel. I got someone in India who took about 10 minutes to tell me that Travelocity doesn't follow anyone else's rating system adn it was not refundable. I consider this fraud and a violation of unfair and deceptive trade practices. I would never book anything else through Travelocity. They should be investigated by the Federal Trade Commission and state attorney generals.

• Qu
    /"BOB/" Aug 05, 2016

Listen Jack, It's sad you had to talk to the big bad Indian you racist sob. But what is more sad is that you are too ignorant to know that ALL airlines especially in the turbulent market of today will have change fees for flights typically from 50-130 plus fare difference. Add the fact that you received a bulk rate with a package deal and you get steep penalties for changing. That you SHOULD have read on the fu*king site. Just another idiot in the pool. Next time do us all a favor and take the train.

• Al
    Al Aug 05, 2016

This happened to me with Orbitz, with the same message that the offering price is no longer available; the new price is... Orbitz apologized but did nothing about it. I think it's a case of bait and switch. Obviously not pleased to know that travelocity uses the same procedure. I refuse to use Orbitz again.

• Ha
    habanerouno Aug 05, 2016

False price quotes on their website. They had a price of $354 round trip ticket from Manchester, NH to Phoenix, AZ for the last several days. I went to book and when I did they came back with - sorry the price has changed it's now in excess of $500 per ticket - that's bait and switch and reprehensible. Stay away from that company!!

Jacques Robinson Aug 05, 2016

I recently had reason to use Travelocity. It was a moment of weakness that was a powerful, if unfortunately expensive, lesson.

I am not a neophyte when it comes to online ordering and scheduling of travel arrangements. I am a great fan of the good airline sites like Southwest and Delta, sites that are easy to use, always up and running, and backed by well trained, friendly telephone service agents. All elements that are sadly absent at Travelocity.

Recently, I had cause to fly to Spokane, WA, to visit an ailing family member. As far as the San Francisco Bay Area is concerned, you would think Spokane is the other end of the earth. Unfortunately, airlines that I use heavily either do not go there from here or go by such a circuitous route, I would have to plan extra days on th trip. So I wandered over to that well known brand name Travelocity, who proudly advertises “We look out for you all trip long and even before you go”. I think they actually left a couple of words out, they mean to say “We look out for your wallet and try to rip you off at every step of the way”.

Here is the process:

(1) I research packages. I find a 2 day, 1 night package deal for $505 dollars per person. Seems high. Same hotel, same airline, for some reason I click on an extra day: 3 days, 2 night package - $315 dollars per person. Now that is interesting!!!

(2) Purchase 3 day / 2 night package for two people: $630. So far so good.

The institutional care facility calls and indicates that the family member will be moving to another facility and that necessitates that we stay an extra day to assist. So back to Travelocity, feeling good knowing that they look out for us every step of the way. So:

(3) Return to the Travelocity web site, only to find that it is down. [Wednesday April 23, around 4 PM PDT]. Check periodically all the way ti midnight and it is DOWN. Nothing.

(4) Next morning, site is back up. But reading the instructions, you cannot change flights on the web site. You have to call a toll free number. This is not feeling quite so good.

(5) Call the 888 number, and of course get the automated attendant that puts me smoothly through a menu system that ends up with “please enter your 12 digit trip ID so we can pull up your records”, I enter the 12 digits, the auto attendant confirms the input and tells me “I have found your record, I will put you through to the next available agent”…. get to listen to more Travelocity propaganda.

(6) Agent Jason comes on the telephone, insists on repeating my first name over and over, mispronouncing it every time to make sure he really annoys me as much as humanly possible on the telephone. He is in Bangalore or some such place, pretending to be “on the west coast”. He asks me to give him my trip ID [see step 5] which he repeats back to me and then carefully, slowly reads out my entire itinerary to me, pausing at every line to ask me “is that correct Jack?” Finally he gets to the end [we are now about 10 minutes into the call and I have not even asked my question yet] and he says, what can I do for you? Ah, at last!!! I would like to extend the trip by one day, come back on the same flight the next day, stay one extra night at the same hotel. He dutifully repeats back to me almost verbatim what I have just said, adding “did I understand that correctly as what you want, JACK?”. I affirm, fighting an increasing desire to ask him to stop calling me JACK.

“Oh good. I will now place you on hold for a few minutes while I transfer you to the department that makes changes to reservations. “…. more Travelocity propaganda. F***!

(7) Several minutes later: new person gets on phone from “changes” department.

“I understand you want to make a change”

“Yes”

“Can I have your trip ID number?”

Repeat Step 6 in its entirety…. another 7-8 minutes having him repeat the existing itinerary with the exact same “Is that correct JACK?” every line. The only improvement with this second person is that his pronunciation of Spokane was vaguely recognizable as the city in Washington.

“So, what change would you like to make?”

“Add a day” …

“OK, I will put you on hold while I study the rates and see what we can do” [another 5 minutes of propaganda].

“OK, we can do that. The additional cost is $768.

“You have got to be kidding” …. same airlines, same basic fares, 1 extra night at a hotel is $768????? The whole trip started at $630!!!

“What is the cancellation fee if I just start over?

“I will put you on hold while I bring up that information JACK”

[gone for a good 10 minutes this time]

“If you cancel your existing trip, you will get $96 back”.

So I am screwed.

But I am not going quietly, stay tuned. Travelocity is now one notch above Comcast as worst consumer company to deal with. I will make sure everyone I ever meet who plans to travel will be told to avoid this cesspool of a company.

• Pa
    patti handley Aug 05, 2016

PAGE 2 unless I had the proper code, which I should have received before ordering the tickets. I then asked him why the $20 was offered to me AFTER I had paid for my tickets. He then suggested I contact you at this e-mail address.
    Yes I'm aware that this is a minor annoyance, but if you do respond with a pre-written form letter, I will know that I had justification for hesitating to trust the efficiency of your company's customer service.
    Question 1: How long must one wait when clicking on a $20 discount offer before you deliver it?
    Question 2: After I purchased my tickets, why did you offer me the $20 discount again, and then leave the screen blank? Patti Handley...1411 E. Fairmont...Fresno, CA 93704...phone [protected][email protected]
    TRIP ID: [protected]

Maritza Lozada Aug 05, 2016

To who may concern:
    I am summiting a complaint due to 3 extra tickets charge to my bank account. I booked a ticket from SJU-PHL on the 21 May 2012, using the Internet. Everything was perfect until I try booking an ticket from PHL- SJU for the 27 May 2012, I booked the ticket by Internet and the send and email referring that the card didn't go threw i call travelocity and booked the flight via telephone using the telephone numb [protected], the thing is they booked the flight and the person did travel and I'm being charge 3 ticket so call the person did not travel and this person did travel. I've call the airline, call travelocity and no one has yet re-found or replayed to any of my reclaims. I have the id for each extra booking charge to my account the following are [protected], [protected], [protected].

Salis Aug 05, 2016

Horrible experience! Never again! Travelocity is a pain in the...back! I booked my flight through them. They did not provide me the right info at the time I booked the tickets. I supposed to travel from Denver to Washington, DC in the morning and arrive at the destination in only few hours. Instead, the flight was stopping in Dallas and then going further to the final destination. A 9 hours travel time. But this information was not available when I booked and by the time I realized that something is wrong, it was too late… they refused to make any changes. I called United Airlines to change the flight directly through them and they would have done it for me free of any charge, but because I’ve booked the flight through the stupid Travelocity, they refused to help. Travelocity doesn't care about customers, it cares only about money. It will flight you from NC to SC through Texas, Alabama and Georgia (or maybe even Alaska ), changing 4-5 planes. A lot of fuel consumed, and polluting just for them to make money, while you can simply flight from one point to another with only 1-2 plains and the same costs. They are the only one doing booking in this way. They do not provide the right information!!! If you do not pay attention, you will regret. It is the worst travel website out there. I called Travelocity...terrible experience! The agents are spiking English very bad and it is obvious that they operate their calls from India. The agents lack any respects and you can hardly understand what they are talking with their bad Indian accent. I asked for a manager...I never had the chance to speak with one because my call was never put through. Take my advice: if you don't want headache, do not book anything through Travelocity or you may regret it, as I did. But I learn my lesson: NEVER AGAIN!

• Ba
    Banalle Aug 05, 2016

I booked a ticket through Travelocity’s website on Friday. I received an email confirming my reservation. Then I received an email the next day stating “the revenue protection department” needs to verify more information. Which by the way, the email looked like a Nigerian email scam and didn’t look like it was an official email from Travelocity in any way. No one from that department ever called to verify this information with me at the numbers I provided, instead they somehow called my family (which I was surprising by flying over for Christmas) and questioned them about my flight. I have no idea how they got their phone number and why I was not called at the numbers I provided. I then received another email a few hours later that my reservation was canceled. So now flying over to “surprise” my family is ruined all for nothing since I don’t even have a ticket anymore. I’ve booked countless airline tickets through various websites and have never encountered this. After reading that this same situation has happened to a lot of other people I regret ever using this website and will never make that mistake again.

• Ba
    bayegirl Aug 05, 2016

Hello Dear
    My name is Mariam and i am looking for honest partner if you are interesting please just mail me back through my email address ([email protected] )so we can know each other and from there i will send my picture to you thanks and have a nice day!
    Mariam.

• Sl
    sloanb928 Aug 05, 2016

I bought a ticket with travel insurance and had to cancel the ticket. The insurance is not worth a dam. They say you will get a refund they lie. You get charged if you change the flight, you can not put it in an others name, you don't get a full credit and you have to go through legal hoops for 2 to 6 weeks to see if you get a refund. This is a total rip off. Do not ever book with anyone other than the airlines. Travelocity will take your money and you will never have an option to do anything about it. They are a joke

• Ru
    Rumbake Aug 05, 2016

Travelocity has been the worst example of customer service that I have ever dealt with. We were supposed to go on a vacation to Portugal October 28th. The hurricane Sandy was about to hit the New Jersey Shore so therefore I tried on Saturday, Oct 27th to reschedule our trip. We had taken out trip insurance which means absolutely nothing when you try to actually act upon that insurance. After spending hours on the phone, and paying an additional $363 to change our tickets ( a fee which should have been waived since it was a hurricane and flights were being cancelled) now it turns out that we have no hotel room and no help from travelocity in trying to solve our problem. For one week we have called Travelocity for help, we spend hours on hold and no one ever calls us back or tries to help us. We have now spent close to $3000 on a vacation that we can not go on since we have no hotel room. We have had damage to our home due to the hurricane and have enough stress dealing with that and certainly do not need additional anxiety from the lack of results from Travelocity. Do not use them or take the insurance because they have terrible customer service and communication skills.

• Pa
    Panzer1102 Aug 05, 2016

We bought round trip tickets from San Juan, PR to Denver, CO. To Denver we flew Airtran, to San Juan US Airways. On way back US Airways told us we never paid for ticket, we had paper tickets in hand, payment confirmation and online flight check in papers. US Airways would not talk to travelocity when we called, nor would they believe us we paid. Husband is in the military and was being recalled 24 hrs from then and we had to get home, we paid $1, 108 for two one way tickets so he can leave for work.We got home, husband left for 2 weeks on recall, it took me 30 min to explain to Indian representative that we were home & paid for new tickets bc we NEEDED to be home!!!we could not wait for a flight 10hrs later. Travelocity does not know where the money is, wont refund us until they get feedback from Airtran and US Airways. they told us it would take 15-30 day, day 32 came and they told us bc multiple airlines are involved it will be 60-90 day!!!WTF it is not our fault that someone lost our payment info for tickets. worst customer service and customer skills by the representatives.

• Om
    omid1000 Aug 05, 2016

I booked a flight for myself, my wife and child through travelocity from santa ana clifornia to barcelona spain.
    when i got to the airport today, i found out they have only issued ticket for my 2 year old
    daughter but not for myself or my wife. after trying to contact them several times, they did not have any explenation as why this has happened. they tried to mainpulate us to use
    some unsual routes and charge us more. i missed my flight because of this incomptence.
    i am very dissapointed by the service. i wish coustomer care was in USA rather in INDIA
    and i could talk to somebody who understood english.
    in short this was a horrible experience. they booked me for next day, but i was charged twice. i would never use this awful online booking.
    from now on direct from airline. buyers beware. travelocity is a scam.

• Rm
    rmac0577 Aug 05, 2016

I was on Travelocity's site purchasing (2) Seattle City Passes and while purchasing the passes the site kicked me out and when I resumed the activity it completed the purchase without my authorization and when I proceeded with the purchase it ended charging me for (4) passes instead of (2). I have called Travelocity immediately to correct the issue and did as they instructed me by faxing a copy of the incorrect purchase with a large "X" on it and wrote that this was not authorized. After dong all as directed by Travelocity...they refuse to refund the $108.00 payment even after they were informed within 15 minutes of it being discovered. I also have been dealing with my bank "NATIONAL CITY" to get this settled and it is a pain in the ###!!!

• La
    laursens Aug 05, 2016

I booked a round trip flight to Spain, and planned on coming back in May. My plans changed, and I needed to change my flight to sometime in Oct. There is the usual international flight change charge of around $300 + ticket price difference. I speak to the customer service department, and they indicate that because my original ticket used Ibera and BA, my new ticket absolutely had to use these airlines for my return flight. They checked for flights, and the charge to change my flight would be some where around $4000, yes that is four thousand dollars. I check on line for a new ticket, and the price was around $850. Clearly, they are trying to encourage people to throw away the credit associated with the ticket they already have, and make double that by making the customer buy a new ticket. Basically, I have a credit of ~$400 for my return ticket. By making me buy a new ticket, this money is effectively gone and they get the additional money for the new ticket ($850). This is absolutely ridiculous. If this is common practice in the airline industry, may their accountants cook their books and embezzle their pensions!

• Tr
    Trudy Homa Aug 05, 2016

I took out insurance for my flight for March [protected] which was canceled because of tsunami and earthquake in japan and they wont refund me for insurance that i didnt use the cost was $ 79.90
    trip number is [protected]

• Ge
    GEsplin Aug 05, 2016

Book a flight through Travelocity from Salt Lake City to Nepal. Tried to change the reservation with them (upgrade in fair class only, in other words, give them more money for the exact same flight). Four hours on the phone with them, multiple different answers and excuses but no results. Will NEVER use them again.

• Ol
    Oltus Aug 05, 2016

Horrible. Booked a flight. Us air canceled flight. Sat on phone for three hours. Never came back on phone to change flight.

• Vo
    Vong Aug 05, 2016

I ordered flight ticket from Travelocity to Cairo (it was before Egypt protest happen), and recently I called them to ask about cancel my flight since Egypt in such a bad situation, but they told me besides the airline cancel the flight, if I want to cancel I have to pay $280++ the cancellation fee & penalty . I called directly to airline, the airline willing to cancel without any penalty, but airline told us they can't do anything because travelocity hold my flight ticket. Travelocity just want to make money, they don't care peoples safety. Now besides I pay $280 ++ penalty or go to Cairo EGYPT..

• Bo
    Boyie Aug 05, 2016

I purchase a 2 tickets in 4/2010 for the amount of $598.80, to attend to a wedding . unfortunately had to cancel trip due to my illness suffer with diabetes . trip was cancelled for a year, i was not able to travel this year due to my work schedule . I was told by the supervisor ms . Brittney from savanna, that i lost my money . I find that is very unfair, no one has control over sickness . I hope someone can make this right .

• Ka
    Kazimaka Aug 05, 2016

I was charged $83.35 for a hotel room using Travelocity. Upon checkout our paperwork showed they were only charged $63.40 for the room. Travelocity refused to delete the higher charge for the lesser on my credit card.I want the $19.95 difference.

Novaplus Aug 05, 2016

I would like to have someone from Travelocity.com contact me. I have questions about some prices. I have used you before but you seem to have some new rules that limit me from purchase based on competitors prices.

madazhell Aug 05, 2016

I simply just wanted to change a name on a ticket i bought. I had to stay on the phone for 4 hours, jumping back and forth from lufthansa and travelocity.I sent alll the legal proof for my name and They confused me soooo much and in the end i paid 1000 dollars to get my ticket re issued . thanks a lot.

• Cn
    cnatashia Aug 05, 2016

Sometime after 5pm on Friday 8th of November 2013 I tried booking a vacation package to travel to the USA in December, however the funds I had deposited onto my prepaid mastercard hadn't been released to the card as yet so therefore the transaction wasn't completed, At about 1am November 9th, I came across a cheaper deal from Expedia and tried to purchase my vacation via them and it wasn't completed. I called my card company and was told that Travelocity had deducted $133 and change from my card. I need to know what the deduction was for, as my transaction with them was never completed. I need my money to be put back onto my account so that I can purchase my tickets.
    I can be reached at [protected]

• Ro
    Rosalind Copeland Aug 05, 2016

Travelocity is one company you need to stay clear of.
    I booked a reservation with this company and was not given the cheaper rate. I did not find this out until I checked out of the hotel, three days later.
    I paid $69 a night for 3 nights, and the hotel's rate was $55.99 a night.
    I tried to complain to the company once I got back to my home state, but even the manager denied me the courteousy I felt I was due for being loyal custoner.
    During the booking process, I was put on hold numerous times and I could barely understand the person on the other end, not to mention the 2 to 5 minutes I had to wait each time I was asked to holrd. If you are given a cheaper rate, you can dismiss some of the problems with booking under certan circumstances, but when you feel you have been wronged, excusing the horrible service is not an option.
    It is best to give your money directly to the hotel, instead of through a third party.

• Valerie Aug 05, 2016

After stranding me and my wife in Manila, Philippines by voiding our tickets, Travelocity proceeded to take payment only to tell us that 'maybe' it would be returned in 30 days. It was impossible to contact them on their customer hot line and when I emailed them, they offered no explanation. The ### in their customer service department had the nerve to email me with the news they had voided our tickets and to thank me for allowing "...Travelocity to serve my travelling needs..." They are unethical and very adept at avoiding any responsibility for their screw-ups. I am disgusted at the way they totally misrepresent themselves and their service in TV advertising and I wish some consumer group would expose them for the charlatans they are! NEVER AGAIN.

Jody Sanseverino Aug 01, 2016

I booked my family vaction with Travelocity. I had a problem on the website so I called th 800 number and spoke to a customer service representative. I booked a trip to forida. The hotel he bookes us in was called Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orlando, he told me about all the amenities it had, pools, a lazy river, and all kinds of things for us to do. Than we booked three theme parks, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. Disney and Universal were fine, but when we got to Sea World we did not get the admission to the water park which I was told we had. We had a problem even receiving the voucher thru the e-mail for Sea World, so when we got there we had to contact Travelocity and wait for about a half an hour for them to fax the voucher to Sea World, than after all that he never gave us the water park, we were very disappointed. As far as the hotel, when we checked in we wer told that we could not use any of those amenities we were told we had, unless we wanted to pay for them, we were told we could only use the pool. Once in the room anything we needed like extra towels, toilet paper or tissues we had to pay for. I had to wash the towels, doing laundry is not of much interest to me while I'm on vacation. Well come to find out Travelocity booked us in a time share resort. Ane we were never told that. We are very dissatisfied with the way Travelocity handled our family vacation, and will not be interested in using them again. I would really like some kind of refund/

• Lo
    Looper Jul 20, 2016

Made a reservation with Travelocity. i am a seasoned traveler. I made a return flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas for 10:41 AM. Booked the flight and paid the fees and found out they switched my flight to 10:10PM. So i would arrive home at around midnight. Went to go on Standby and heard the SAME story from 6 different travelers. ALL used Travelocity. What are the odds of all seven of us being dummies and making the same mistake?

jaynesy Oct 12, 2014

same here. i HAD to cancel my hotels because the flight got cancelled to Israel-due to the situation with Hamas and all- one of the hotel was refundable and the other one was non-refundable. so after several calls to Travelocity and my friend in Israel said she would pay me and use the hotel instead if the hotel wouldn't cancel my reservation, Finally Travelocity agent said the hotel understood the situation and would cancel with 100% full refund.

I waited more than a month and a half.
    Both of the hotels (refundable and non) have been charged and deducted from my credit card after the cancellation.. so i waited.. nothing happened. I wrote them.. they give me stupid answer they can't help me with email and i have to call them.
    Now i have been calling -international call- them every other day, talking to different agent, explain the situation, they put me on hold for hours, the phone gets hang up, i have to call again, talke to different agent starting from zero...

seriously.. i can't believe this is happening. they keep saying they didn't refund because the hotel was non-refundable? hey.. then what happened to the refund of the hotel that was refundable??? doesn't make sense.
    besides, it was a special situation and the agent at Travelocity TOLD ME! that the hotel understood and i will get my refund.. now they are saying they don't have a record of that. WTF??

This is NOT just a poor customer service, this is scam. how can they just take my money like this?? i'm so mad right now.

Jose Liberona May 30, 2014

I am going trhough the same ordeal, Travelocity is taking the whole Us$ 2080 dollars of a reservation that they would not connect (two air france tickets), so there is not enough time to get the luggage and transfer to the other plain, the airline won´t check the luggage all the way to final destination (Birmingham England to Santiago Chile (going through Paris)), Air France will not connect the two flights because I bought them through Travelocity, will gladly do it if I had bought the tickets from Air France. So I have to buy another exact ticket but with the connection, an another us$ 2080 for exactly the same tickets on the same flights, an no refund what so ever (I have tried to call them, ask them but basically, No service, No refund, No solution), I told them that I will pay them a big fee, but they want the whole tickets again in order to give me the same tickets, it looks like an scam, pay twice for the same tickets.
    They tell me that is Air France police, Air france tell me that is Travelocity. If any one has some suggestions please do, TRAVELOCITY will take your money, and no refunds without warnings, but at your own risk, we will solve nothing ever, please advice is any one has some.

• Ka
    Kathy DelBalzo Apr 18, 2014

I will never use Travelocity again after the experience and runaround from them that I received trying to get a refund on an unused airline ticket I purchased for my father who had to cancel the trip due to illness and then subsequently died. Initially the Travelocity customer service representative I spoke with was very helpful. He spoke English plainly and clearly and correctly explained the process to me. After I completed the process (faxing the death certificate, ticket and confirmation numbers to the airline), I contacted Travelocity again to have them process my refund. That is when the trouble and runaround began. The customer service representatives I subsequently spoke with had very heavy accents and had difficulty understanding me and I had difficulty understanding them. The first call resulted in the Travelocity customer service representative contacting the airline and then claiming that the airline indicated they had not received the documentation I had faxed so I was told I needed to re-fax the documents to the airline. I explained that my transaction report showed the fax had been received and so when I refused to pay to have the documentation faxed again, I was asked to email my fax and proof of receipt to Travelocity and they would handle it. My emails to Travelocity kept bouncing back 24 hours later saying they timed out. Further calls to Travelocity resulted in long wait times and conflicting information whereas calls to the airline were answered promptly and they confirmed my fax had been received and that they had issued a waiver code which was necessary in order to receive a full refund from the travel agency who booked the reservation. Further calls to Travelocity resulted in claims that the airline would need to refund my money not them even though they were the ones paid and the ones who booked the reservation. After spending over an hour on the phone with them on my last call insisting it was them not the airline that needed to process the refund and providing them with the waiver code the airline gave me, Travelocity finally agreed they would process the refund. They gave me a confirmation code and said I would see it in 1-2 billing cycles (45-60 days). I'll believe it when I see it!

Sandra Lynch Apr 15, 2014

Thank you for receiving me. I would appreciate a full refund for Confirmation number [protected].

Agent NEVER TOLD me I was booking 3rd. party...TRAVELOCITY... I thought I booked with the hotel chain! . .TRAVELOCITY did NOT inform me La Quinta was a Pet Shop HOTEL My beloved is highly alergic to DOGS!
    A resolve was not reached with Customer Service when I ask to Change on the phone, and my Beloved is suffering...
    LASTLY, I DID NOT GET A EMAIL RECEIPT .

Again, Thank you for all you to ensure outstanding Customer Claims and Refunding my 441.08.
    Sandra Lynch