FILE A COMPLAINT

+54 115 984 2113(Argentina) 2 6
+55 614 042 1065(Brazil) 2 4
+52 155 4162 2959(Mexico) 3 5

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] refund money - why is it not in my account already?

Hello!!!

In response to your last email.
Please just refund the money into my account. Today or tomorrow. You told me the money would be back last week... But it is not!!!

Personally I think you should give me the whole amount back because of the complete disorganization of your company. You completely ruined my holiday because I had to spend days and days trying to call you. And if I did get through you just gave me wrong information. And I had to call again!!! It was an absolute nightmare. If I hadn't called you to confirm my flight change, I would have arrived to singapore and been refused from the plane on the day. And my visa would have expired the day after.

Just refund me the money as soon as you can, - please. And please don't make me send another email. I just want it to be over. I was told the money would be back within 30 days... It's now almost two months... I was told the money would be back last week... It's not!!! - please just put money into an account.

All the best,
Emma robdale.

[your last email to me is bellow]

Dear ms. Robdale,

Thank you very much for your response.

We completly understand your situation however we have proceeded to listen the phone records where one of our collegues did informed you that some taxes are not refundable by the airline.

Nevertheless, in our best interest to reach a solution for both parties, we can offer you a total refund of 554.62eur, wich engloves:

- the amout for the not confirmed change of 146.62eur
- the amount for the refund of the eticket 408eur

Please let us know as soon as possible if this resolution suits you in order to proceed with the refund process.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Best regards,

Claudia
Advanced support agent

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 24, 2019

Because of the wrong information that your company gave me about my flight change, I got an emergency passport to Singapore, and bought a flight to Singapore!

Your mistake has cost me so much money!!! - Your attitude on the phone was so rude and unhelpful.

However, I never want to send another email. I want to be be finished with Travelgenio.

These are the refund amounts that you sent in your last email to me:
    - The amout for the not confirmed change of 146.62EUR
    - The amount for the refund of the eticket 408EUR

PLEASE- JUST PUT THE MONEY IN AN ACCOUNT. You said it would be within 30 days... it's been almost two months. You said again... it would be with me last week... but it ISN'T.

so just refund me the money, now, so that I don't need to send another email.

Tell me the exact day it will be back with me, so I can check that you have told the truth. (for once)

All the best,

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 24, 2019

You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 25, 2019

I am Emma Robdale.

You have sent me a settlements agreement.

I have sent back the settlements agreement that you made me sign. You stated that once I signed this I would get my money back IMMEDIATELY- Today/tomorrow.

I have not had a reply back from your team.

Please confirm you have received it and send my money back today.

I will check my bank account.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 25, 2019

[Resolved] invoice request

Hi,

I have booked a flight using travelgenio with the booking code of: M4PPLI.

I would like to receive a receipt for the purchase as soon as possible. I need to submit it to my employer before I travel so I can get a travel permit. I'm flight on 29th of September, 2019.

I have already sent two invoice requests with the reference numbers of (2841258) and (2833576).
I also called customer service, but nobody answered.

I have already experienced such a delay in receiving it with a previous purchase.

Can someone please help me get the invoice quickly?

Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] refund amount not correct

Dear Sir,

We have open numbers of tickets for asking the correct refund amount already. The newest ticket number is 2815262.
The regarding refund has been confused us around one month. Finally, we got the refund agreement with Air Canada and they have been refunded the total amount of Euro$853.24 to your account. The amount which has been double confirmed with Air Canada also.

By few times to explain with your customer care team, we finally got the refund from your company on 17 Sep, BUT the amount was not the same as the refunds from Air Canada.
Your Team is still insisting on the amount your company gave (HKD3, 392.54) which's correct, even we have provided the refund receipt & email from Air Canada to showing the total amount as Euro$853.24 (around HKD7380.52). Your team only keep asking us to contact Air Canada directly. We have been...and the information... the documents... all we have provided. Please tell me what can I do else?

It's unaccepted for your services, it's not supporting and feeling helpless.
As a customer, we have done a lot and all we can. Now, I'm asking for help here to settle our refund.

Also, we have submitted other tickets including complaining there's no reply / worse service and wrong information of reply we got.
The following ticket No. for your reference, there have many mistakes and worse service between those case. Please understand that I'm tired to explain more.
[Ticket #2820809], [Ticket #2713556], [Ticket #2711763]

For now, I'm wishing that we can get support on [Ticket #2815262], to get the amount which Air Canada refunded to your company. All information and documents have been emailed by the ticket.
Please understand that it's interfering with our insurance claim. The amount that we received would not same with the refund receipts from Air Canada. We can't explain it. That's why we cannot accept the refund arrangement here.

Thank you for your understanding of my experience here and your help in advance.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you need any further information, please contact me by email: [protected]@hotmail.com or at +[protected] (Mr. Leung)

Best Regard
Mr Leung

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 24, 2019

Hi Matthew. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] refund progress

At Jul 3 2019, I've received an answer from Customer Service of Travelgenio that my booking is being processed by the refunds department.
As I heard, I can get 102.95EUR with 50EUR of the service fee shortly.
Now, It's been almost THREE month and I STILL haven't get the refund.
I even send emails many times after that answer, but I couldn't get ANY reply.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 24, 2019

Hi Ziuk. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] flights booked via skyscanner

This has been the worst customer service I have experienced. Do not use this company. I booked via Skyscanner and while the money was taken no tickets were issued. I sent an email to query - no response - I tried to contact UK number (it just cuts out as soon as it rings) and finally today got through to s Spanish number. The call lasted more than 30 minutes between getting through and waiting but they refused to give me a refund or explanation as to why I did not get my ticket and took no responsibility. They operate like a dodgy company - I would not be surprised if they were verging on insolvency. I intend following up with Skyscanner (whose own customer care to those who use the website needs upgrading) but also EU and UK Govt ombudsman. Wrong in every way and no customer care - this should not be tolerated. Boycott and spread the word.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 24, 2019

Hi EIlish98a, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] ticket has been booked, but asking for more money to issue it.

I bought the tickets from travelgenio from Mumbai to Manchester via Dubai on 16th September, but after few hours of confirming the ticket, they say they dont accept cards which have no security payments and ask to make a payment again of extra 160 euros.
When i contacted, they say the booking cant be completed as i am undercharges and required 160 euros to complete and issue the tickets while the prices mostly same on other websites, there is no any increment.
Please help me with this on urgent basis, my flight is scheduled after 3days.

[Resolved] refund not received after flight cancelled 5 months ago

It has been 5 months - 150 days since the airline cancelled my flight and my refund request was processed by you. I still have not yet received the refund. Can you please check the status urgently? I will continue to seek resolution of this including any social media and tripadviser/google review until I get my refund. Thank you.

Booking reference: 3F0BS2

BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: 2 Pieces
STOPS: -
OPERATED BY: Tianjin Airlines, GS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-tickets
TICKET:[protected]

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unjust charges on the error of my booking

We booked a flight through Skyscanner and opted to booked through travel2be with website under travelgenio. Our personal details were captured automatically by this company as we have received promotion discount code twice even during the process of our bookings. When we eventually opted for their service, and paid our tickets, we noticed a mistake in the main passenger's name although the booking person details which is supposed to be the same as the main passenger, were correct. We contacted them that very minute, submit a request on their website and also spoke to their customer service officer within that few minutes. They straight away told us to pay 50 euro despite telling them that we didn't omitted that detail and it was their system error. After so much arguments and a call to airline (emirates) who said they cannot help us on this, we agreed to pay the 50euro because they are telling us it will cost us more if we don't do so after midnight (the airline said it will only cost us 30 US$ anyway). We go ahead and paid the so called "fine" and they promised to send us the new tickets 2 hours later. That was around 10pm and it's already 8:30am now and no email of new tickets from them. We were charged of the mistakes we didn't made and worst didn't received the newly paid tickets as promised. This website is to be aware of and you can see from the reviews they are receiving from their customers. Obviously we've seen it late before we became their victim. They are luring the consumers of their cheapest service but charge them in different means possible they can.
I hope it will help others becoming their victims. Thank you for the attention, hopefully we will get from you.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 22, 2019

Hi Mr. Cheeseman. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] airline reservations change

Flying from Bogota to Miami to Phoenix on Nov 30. Flight times were changed and I agreed to them. Another notification of flight change, but when I called Travelgenio, I was told my reservation from Bogota to Miami was cancelled and my flight from Miami to Phoenix would be much later. The agent said she rebooked me on a slightly later flight out of Bogota, but I've never received a confirmation. When I used my original booking code, the automated system says no such reservation exists. I need to know the status of my reservation, but all I get when I try to call are dead ends!!!

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 21, 2019

Hi MJWelch. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] customer services telephone line keeps cutting off before call is answered

I am trying to complete a name change for a flight and have called Travelgenio several times on their standard customer services number. I am always placed in a queue where it tells me that the waiting time is 1min40seconds, and after 5 minutes, the call is hung up from their end. This is so frustrating! I just want to get this done. I'm also aware that the telephone number is a premium line and I'm starting to think it's a scam that you are held on the line and continually cut off.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 21, 2019

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] half my flight cancelled

I booked onto a two-leg flight from London to Melbourne via Changsha for December and received an email from Hainan Airlines saying the second leg had been cancelled and that I'd need to contact Travelgenio to reschedule it, except the only problem is every time I call I'm told that I'll be on hold for 3 minutes 21 seconds and then after this time has passed it simply hangs up! I've tried three different contact numbers, all with the same result, and also emailed over three weeks ago to no avail. As it stands, I'm not sure if I can even get as far as Changsha as nobody has issues me with a new booking confirmation. What a colossal waste of £400+.

half my flight cancelled
half my flight cancelled

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 17, 2019

Hi cmodena95. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] travelgenio scam

Purchased a flight and cancellation insurance.  Unfortunately, my father became ill (which is already enough to deal with) and I had to sadly cancel our trip.  It has been almost 2 months since I contacted Travelgenio with all the required documents to process the cancellation.  I have received no responses to 12 e-mail now that were sent to the customer service department.  I have spent the last 3 hours on the phone on hold trying to get to someone who could help me on the phone only to be told to e-mail them.  At this point, I am convinced that they are using e-mails and departments and administrative BS to steal my $900.  Which is incredibly frustrating considering all the medical bills I now have for my father.  Not only did they lie and steal my hard-earned money but they are taking away from my sick and dying father.  My only option at this point seems to be a chargeback claim and contacting a lawyer.  You should avoid doing business with Travelgenio AT ALL COSTS! 1000% SCAM!

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 16, 2019

Hi Poodle_Lynn. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] changed flights

We have been notified that our flight has been changed to the next day and we are unable to go on this day. So we need a refund. Having gone through the procedure on the phone and having waited over 15 minutes each time in the queue it then hangs up! Terrible customer service please could someone contact me. This is terrible customer service not being able to talk to someone and being on hold only for the phone to be cut is extremely frustrating

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 16, 2019

Hi Louise79. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unclear policy and non-refund when didn't purchase the flight cancellation protection

I purchased the flight from the website and it didn't show any clear information said when you don't buy the cancellation protection then you can not get any refund when you cancel this flight because of some reason. and when I called their number it take 10 minutes waiting the ring for the to pick up the phone and every few seconds they just let listen to the music and did not answer your question at all...will never use it any more.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 15, 2019

Hi Shanshan. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] refund not received for jet airways cancelled flight.

My Jet Airways flight was cancelled on 17 April 2019 and same day I requested Travelgenio for refund. Travelgenio person told me to wait for 3 months. Now it has been more than 4 months, still no refund. There is answer when I will receive refund back. Other travel agencies has refunded Jet Airways cancelled flights long time ago, only finding Travelgenio is holding refund.

Travelgenio Booking ref # QTAQMI

Travegenio response is:

"Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting us.

In reply to your request, we would like to inform you that the airline is working on your refund petition. As soon as we are authorized, we will refund the amount to the original form of payment.

Kind regards, "

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 13, 2019

Hi Vinod. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] travelgenio is a fraud. no refund. no response.

I had booked a ticket from Bali to Manchester. (via Singapore) (flying on the 15th of August.)

My booking codes were: [protected] and J81979

But I could not get to Bali, so Travelgenio said they would make a change to my flight so I could board in Singapore and get to Manchester... they charged me for this, and told me it was ALL DONE.

I bought a flight to Singapore. - But... I got no receipt from travelgenio.
I rang again and again, emailed again and again.

One week before my flight they told me the change had not been made!!!- and that they wanted more money to make the change they said they had made (280gpp!!!)

I was worried that they would lie to me again... they would not change it again... and I would not be able to board my flight.

They offered me a refund with a 68 pound charge. I took it. They did not tell me I would be also charged 250 in taxes!!!

They then never even game me any of the refund. And will not respond to email.
They are the worst travel agent I have ever booked with. I wasted days of my holiday trying to contact them, and so much money on hold. And never got any money back, and had to book a new very expensive flight with another agency.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 12, 2019

Hi Emma. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 12, 2019

Hi Emma You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 12, 2019

My booking number: J81979

I want to know: What EXACT day will my refund be in my bank account!!!?! - I have literally wasted weeks trying to contact Travelgenio. No response!!! 'being processed' - it has been over the 30 days I was told would be its maximum... where is the money? I want the money today.-

Until me and my father receive full refunds into our accounts, I will be continuing to use this complaints form; as this is literally the only way Travelgenio respond.

I have sent over 30 emails - not one responded.

I will also be leaving as many reviews explaining how Travelgenio scam, fraud and trick people.

Also!!- I want compensation for the money I have had to pay to try and fix Travelgenio's absolute incompetency, and lying to me about a flight change!!! - It cost me 1000 English pounds to fix!!!

What happened?...

I needed to make a change to my flight so that I could fly from Singapore to the UK (my original flight was through Indonesia via Singapore to Manchester). I was told this could be done, and PAID FOR THE CHANGE with Travelgenio, and was told it was done and confirmed.
    I applied to my embassy to get me an emergency passport to Singapore, and paid for an additional flight to Singapore...
    After receiving NO RECEIPT for my changes of flight from Travelgenio I called them.. and was told it was done and to be patient and wait for the email.
    I called them again a day later after still not getting any confirmation... Only to be told that Travelgenio would not honor the change I had already made AND PAID FOR.
    Travelgenio wanted 280 British pounds more!!! And Travelgenio only told me this less than a week before flying!!!

Knowing that Travelgenio lie/and do not honor their payments/do not respond/change their minds on things that have been paid for!... I was worried that the same would happen again. So asked Travelgenio for a refund...

I was told I could be given a refund with a 68 English pound fine... BUT AFTER THE TRANSACTION WAS FINISHED... I was told that Travelgenio were talking an extra 290 in taxes!!!
    I then had to buy a whole new ticket with another company for 677 British pounds to get back to UK!!!

Travelgenio HAVE NOT REFUNDED ME ANYTHING AT ALL!!! - THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE EVER RESPONDED TO AN EMAIL. IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Because of Travelgenio messing me around and lying I ended up paying 1000 British pounds more to try and fix it!!!- Not only do I want a refund, I want compensation for all of the money I had to waste because of the misinformation and lying.

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 12, 2019

THEY STILL HAVE NOT GIVEN ME A REFUND. - I bet they don't even have my bank account details. It is always being processed. They refuse to give me a date. They refuse to reply back to emails.
    It has been over their 30 day refund period... and they just don't care.
    Literally the worst.

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 23, 2019

hello Travelgenio,

I got an email from you last week saying you had followed 'correct procedure' after not being able to change my flight (after I had paid. )

I just wanted to point out that you did not. And that you have lied again.

1) You claimed that you had given me a call but I missed it. - I had no missed calls
    2) I called YOU back again the same day, the next day and a day later to confirm my changed flight. And was told it was all fine!!!
    3) I called back again. and was told repeatedly. "Lady... I don't see whats the problem? I don't see what's the problem??" - as I explained again and again.
    4) - I sent twenty emails explaining what had happened... with no response!!!

How is any of this sticking to your procedure!!!

I literally had to force the guy to check with his manager, out of desperation. This cost soo much in telephone bills from Thailand!!

NEXT!!! - I was told their would be a 68 pound deduction... but not that taxes would add another 240 pound!!! - Having tax THREE TIMES MORE than the penalty, and not telling me was sneaky and deceitful. I never would have agreed to the refund if you had told me.

Also - many of your customer representatives ARE RUDE.

I want FULL compensation.

ALSO!!! - you said my money would be back last week! I think your company is lying and scamming me again. The very least you can do is actually return the money... into the accounts. ON TIME.

Travelgenio is the worst company I have ever booked with. I will never fly with Travelgenio again.

All I want is my money back. It should have been back last week.
    WHAT DAY WILL I GET MY MONEY? - WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT NOW?
    it's been over your '30 day' limit I was told I would receive it in.

Thanks,

• Updated by Emma Robdale · Sep 23, 2019

You are the worst company I have ever booked with.
    First because of the initial incident... of which I have explained over and over now.

And second because you just continue to lie.
    First you told me my money would be back in 30 days. ( it was not!!) Then you told me my money would be back in my account last week. .(surprise surprise... no money)

And now I am email again.

Can you just pay me so that I never have to deal with your company again.

• Em
    Emma Robdale Sep 12, 2019

My flight booking numbers were: J81979 and 14143237

Travelgenio never game me my refund; They cheated me. And they scammed me.

I needed to make a change to my flight which started in Indonisea Bali... and landed in Manchester:

Flight Itinerary:

Flight selected BA 1370 - British Airways 16/08/2019
    Departing London, GB (Heathrow) 16/08/2019 07:55
    Returning Manchester, GB (Ringway Intl.) 16/08/2019 08:55
    Duration 01:00

Travelgenio charged me for the changes that I needed to make.- so I could board my plane in Singapore (instead of Bali) and get to Manchester.

Travelgenio said they had made the changes. But did not send me a receipt. I rang them up to check. They said the receipt was on it's way.

A week before the flight I rang up again... they told me that they would not make the change; They wanted 280GBP more to make the changes, that they had previously told me had already been made.- or I could not board the plane.

I was worried that after paying this amount Travelgenio would still not be able to change my flight. They offered me a refund (with a 68 pound fee). But after processing the refund told me about compulsory taxes that would cost me 'around' 250.

I was upset, but they told me they had already pressed the refund button and it was too late.

And at the end... they never even gave me or my dad the refund back.

• Em
    Emma Robdale Sep 12, 2019

My booking numbers were: 14143237 and J81979

Disgusting treatment. Took my money. Were unhelpful. Lied about their services. And never game me my money back.

I paid for changes to be made for my flight from Bali to Manchester on the 15th of August.

They did not make these changes. - they sent me no receipt.
    I rang again and again, emailed again and again.
    A week before my flight I got through and they told me they would not make the changes they had already said they had made. They wanted an extra 280 English Pounds.

I was worried they would lie again, not change the flight and I would not be able to board. They offered me a refund, with a deduction of 65 English Pounds.
    BUT- did not tell me about he 250 English Pounds they would take out in compulsory taxes!!!

No refund came through AT ALL. NO money. No response. I had to buy a new plane ticket home from the UK... a week before the flight, and it cost allot.

So upset. A terrible company.

[Resolved] refund not received for cancellation of flight ticket booked on 27th mar'19 - m7pc52

I had booked a flight ticket with Travelgenio's online portal, for travel from Mumbai (India) to Newark, NJ (USA). The ticket was of Jet airways for travel on 23rd May'19 and return on 18th Sep'19. Jet airways changed the schedule of the flight, such that the connecting flight was getting missed and hence I cancelled the whole ticket through Travelgenio on 27th Mar'19. Travelgenio informed me on email that the refund will take up to 1 to 3 months to process. After that I followed up multiple times with Travelgenio for refund and they kep replying that they are still waiting for refund from airline. It's been more than 5 months now and I have still not received any refund yet ! It was a big amount of $1600 and has impacted me financially. I am highly disappointed and frustrated with Travelgenio not sorting the matter and refunding back my money still. It has been a disastrous experience for me and I want to strongly complain about Travelgenio for not refunding back the money, if anyone can please help me with this complaint and I can provide more details for the same.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 10, 2019

• Resolution Statement

flight cancelled no refund no response!

I booked a flight via Travelgenio to fly from Dar es Salam to Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. The flight was suppse to taking off at 10am on the 14th of August - on the 13th at 8pm I recevied an Email that the flight was moved to 6pm and that I had the option to accept the new flight time or cancel my flight and apply for a refund.

The Email was send by Travelgenio who told me that in any case I needed to contact the airline directly (Airtanzania) and inform them about my decision. I did. They confirmed me that the refund would take place - which never happen.

After a lot of hustle and bussle I found out that it was not Airtanzania who was suppsed to refund me the money but Travelgenio as I did the booking through them.
I contacted them several time - whenever I reached somsone on the phone (if I actually did and not waited 40plus minutes on the line) they usually hung up on me after I explained my incident.

Emails were never replied. Never got any response from them.

I will never book through them again, they steal your money.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 10, 2019

• Updated by Lisa Ganschow · Sep 11, 2019

When will you refund the outstanding amount to my account?

[Resolved] complaints

Hello, my name is burak yalcin. I bought a return flight from paris to sao paulo from travelgenio. (13th feb-29nd feb-2020) I have a ticket number: [protected] - yalcin burak. My pnr:2z3348

My all flights had cancelled by the aigle azur airways. You may check this website: all the flights are cancelled from 7th of september by the aigle azur airlines. https://www.aigle-azur.com/index-en.html

I called so many times your customer services but I couldnt reach the office of travelgenio. I sent an e-mail to aigle azur airlines customer services and they told me that I have to contact with you. But I sent over 10 times e-mail, over 10 times calls but I couldnt reach anyone or you didnt get me answer about my questions. I have to make a plan. Please call me or write me.

Regards

Tel:+[protected]
E-mail:[protected]@gmail.com

complaints
complaints

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 09, 2019

Burak, you will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your cooperation.

refund process scam

be aware that something goes wrong with your tickets travelgenio will never help you to ask the refund
totally inefficiencient and scam reply given
Ask again also today but no reply
I book the ticket of jetairways but agent never told me that flight was cancelled...after calling the airlines thay told me that the company can refund the tickets only to the agent as my tickets were booked trough an agency. After speaking with agent they don't want to give me amy information that the process refund has been initiated
They are really scammer