Transworld SystemsBeware

I have been a client of Transworld Systems for 5-6 years with mediocre results. I submitted an account which was forwarded to the phase II CMS. In the meantime, the client returned to my office with an emergency medical situation and paid her bill. I informed Transworld Systems that she paid her bill. I received a bill from Transworld for 1/2 due per our contract. I spoke with several representatives at the company and told them that I did not feel that TWS had done anything to collect that payment. I have paid the bill but am pissed. Beware of the contracts. No matter how long you work with them, they will throw you under the bus.

• Cl
    Clar1985 Feb 13, 2016

Hi in the beginning of 2015 I was contacted by Trans-world for a student debt, for what ever reason my all my student debts were not consolidated as previously requested and so two of them that I thought I was paying toward went into collections. I made an arrangement as soon as I found out. I was to have money debited from my account for 9 months and then it was going to be transferred to the company I originally had the student debt with so I could consolidate everything together. Trans-world debited my account as agreed and then stopped as agreed however they never reported back to the originally company. So today I got a notice saying all my federal refund has been applied to the debt that I had been paying toward because they never received any type of payment or notification.

• Cs
    C. Sigler Dec 24, 2014

Someone just called me and claimed to be from TransWorld Systems and wanted me to verify my name and SS #. This is illegal as I do not have any contracts with Transworld Systems and have not contracted with anyone permission to give out private personal information. I did record the call and on Monday I am filing suit in Federal Court against TransWorld Systems and whoever their client is for Identity theft and libel/slander because I dont owe anyone any money and they refused to tell me who they were supposedly representing. I did have fun guessing the callers birthdate and told her I refused to answer questions with someone I had no contract with. She continued to tell me that she was calling to help me and I LAUGHED MY ### OFF and told her I didn't want her help and I wanted them to remove any information about me from their systems and I am suing them for that and proof that it was removed. And if they think I am kidding about the suit and the 10's or 100's of thousands it will cost them in legal fees answering they need only look up my suits in federal courts under my name and they will find that I am actually very good at suing and costing these companies literally thousands in legal fees and often a settlement to me!

• I0
    I'llpassbut thx Aug 11, 2014

I was contacted for an interview for "District Sales Manager" for this company. As always I checked their website which is very vague & not to the point at all. If it is a collection agency why are they looking for a sales manager. To me it appears they are misleading people in every facet of their business. All of the responses I've found are negative. They are NOT accredited with BBB, there are government judgments (that they settled) there are ongoing investigations with the FBI & BBB. They settle debts for pennies on the dollar then take 50%. The email indicated the salary ranges from 40-85k depending on what you put intonit. If that means i need to be rude, threatening or in anyway unprofessional NO THANK YOU! I have standards & morals. I understand people need to pay their bills but there is a rite & wrong way of going about it. I choose the rite way. I'm contemplating calling this guy & questioning him about all this.

• Ji
    Jill Adhurn Jun 05, 2014

This woman works at Transworld. What kind of people do they hire over there? JENNIFER DEVENNE was recently arrested. Not someone i want to do business with, plus she was rude over the phone, no etiquette or professionalism. Appeared as if she were on something. Just an odd call all teh way around which made me research her name and i found this among other things.
    Local law enforcement officials in Hillsborough County, Florida have arrested Jennifer Devenne, according to public records analyzed by The Florida Inquirer.
    The Florida Inquirer uncovered the full details of the arrest on April 29, 2014, the same day the event occurred. Devenne was detained and later charged with committing at least 1 total offense, described below.
    The report specified Ms. Devenne as a woman, green colored eyes, 35 years old, 124 lbs, and 5' 2" tall. More information about the report may be available from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

• Ji
    Jill Adhurn Jun 05, 2014

This woman works for Transworld Systems Inc. what kind of people do they hire

• To
    Tomthetruthreller Jul 02, 2012

Transworld has office close to me. TheIr Office is full on Mouthbreathers, White trash, hard to believe Trailer trash, could run such a business, after reading this, I understand, the inbreeding got them this far. But it's the end of gene pool.

• Ar
    AR Ward May 11, 2012

I received a harrassing phone call from Lance Hering from TransWorld Systems and he had the wrong number. When I told him he still continued to harrass my husband and myself. I am going to put a formal complaint into the Better Business Bureau regarding phone harrassment. I understand the job of collections, but to harrass random people is NOT how he should do his job!!

• El
    EliteCs Mar 01, 2012

The sales manager Kenneth Middleton will tell you anything to get your business. The product does not work. Save your time and money. Its a scam!

• Ut
    utexas77 Feb 28, 2012

Oh these people are crazy!!! they were so rude to my mother when she said I wasn't here asking all kinds of questions...bordering on harrassment!!! She continued to speak to my mother rudely and would give no information. That is completely disrespectful on every level and makes this company look extremely bad. You get bad customer service from one person and that will ruin the reputation of the company. It was for some bill that she said I owed from 10 years ago and demanded I pay it. I have no idea where she came up with this information. THIS IS SERIOUSLY A SCAM...DO NOT PAY THESE PEOPLE!!! NOT COLLECTION AGENCY..FRAUD COMPANY!!!

• Ut
    utexas77 Feb 28, 2012

This company is seriously bordering on harrassment and are a joke! They call me up with no information wanting me to pay money on some bill 10 years ago? Are you kidding me? Sure crazy lady..here's my checking account number and oh don't forget to get my routing number as well. If a company is trying to collect money from individuals/companies, they are doing a HORRIBLE job at it!!
    They will soon go out of business!

• La
    Lauryn Pruett Nov 24, 2011

The office I work for used this company for years until I found out that they do not report unpaid balances to the credit bureaus- I usually don't expect payment if it gets to the point where a collection agency becomes involved- I did however want these people to remember us when they went to buy a car..house..I no longer use Transworld- we paid more in fees to them than we ever collected.

ReturnTheFavor Jul 26, 2011

To the "cashflow crusader", your ignorance is not apparent until you post. Capital letters are used to start a new sentence, if you feel that it is necessary to "yell" then it really proves the point that you are unreasonable and are prone to intimidation tactics in your collection practices.

Secondly, you should have considered what you wrote. Calling potential clients "ignorant business owners" is probably not the best way to attract new clients. In fact it clearly shows the intent, and methodology that you will use to collect a debt from someone that you feel owes a debt. Your blanket statement of, "Anyone "complaining" about TSI 's services as a client is just plain DUMB, irresponsible & a poor business person." is not only ridiculous it is unrealistic. No business will please all of their customers all of the time, this is a statistical fact.

Your statement, "As for the losers who are on the receiving end of being "harrassed" byt TSI...PAY YOUR BILL DEADBEATS or follow the rules for disputing a bill, that is your right under the FDCPA." You have once again proven your intent to belittle, harass or otherwise harangue people to pay a debt regardless of the validity of the debt. While I do not dispute that there are "deadbeats" that simply refuse to pay their bills, there are some people that either cannot pay the bill due to circumstances beyond their control, are in the process of disputing the debt, or actually willing to establish a payment plan. Yet the calls will not cease or diminish.

It is tele-harrassment coupled with the unsavory attitude of the TSI representatives, which you have proudly displayed for all to see, that generated this blog along with many others. In fact it is because of the practices and attitudes of TSI and similar agencies that made the FDCPA necessary. Even then it is widly ignored, if the company, like TSI, can absorb a lawsuit or settlement here and there. I am also guessing that part of the yearly budget of TSI includes a provision for legal council, lawsuits and settlements.

The next time you decide to blast your clients, previous staff and or debtor do some research, avoid generilizations and do everyone a favor and just don't. You'll be a better person for it. I will pray for people like you, in hopes that you will recognize the error of your ways.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, there are collection agencies out there that don't need to threaten their debtors, I have had to work with a few of them in the past. The issue was sudden job loss due to company bankruptcy and a creditor that was unwilling to work out a payment plan.

• Th
    the cashflow crusader May 27, 2011

It's amazing how ignorant business owners can be. Anyone "complaining" about TSI 's services as a client is just plain DUMB, irresponsible & a poor business person. You're just looking for someone to blame instead of placing the blame where it belongs ON THE DEBTOR!!! The idiot who posted earlier about owing the ORIGINAL CREDITOR is correct on that point, however, what he fails to mention is that once a debtor is turned over to a collection agency, that agency has the right to pursue the debt on behalf of the creditor at the agreed upon commission regardless of whether the debtor pays the agency or the creditor...the agency is still legally entitled to be paid. Your agreement with the agency & whether yu feel the agency is entitled to payment is not based on how much work you feel the agency has done to collect. That is neither here nor there & wont stand up in court should they decide to sue you, the creditor. So DON'T FOLLOW THIS IDIOT!!! Clearly he has no real understanding of the purpose of collection agencies & how to leveraage them. For that matter, neither do any of you TSI complainers. Most ex-clients complaining are doing so because they are just poor business owners who have no clue about A/R management. As for the losers who are on the receiving end of being "harrassed" byt TSI...PAY YOUR BILL DEADBEATS or follow the rules for disputing a bill, that is your right under the FDCPA. As for ex-reps who think TSI is a scam, it is not. It is an opportunity for self starting, confident people who know how to make it happen for themselves & enjpy being their own boss & self employed. These people don't mind making the calls & hot knocks necessary to build their business. People who don't understand that or don't have the confidence in themselves to make it happen I say...GOOD!!...MORE PROSPECTS FOR ME...I MAKE IT HAPPEN ALL DAY EVERYDAY & MY CLIENTS ARE THE BETTER FOR IT!!! TSI is a 41 year old company with no plans of slowing down or going out of business anytime soon. WE ROCK & I am proud to represent them & do my part to help business owners MIND THEIR BUSINESS with rock solid cash flow...THAT IS WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT.

HappywithThem Mar 31, 2011

I have been a client of TSI for 4 years now. My rep was up front on all cases and I would go on about how great she is but I would probably get blasted for that. Those of you who are clients or past client are angry, and want something for nothing, don't you? The rest of you on here are a debtor, who let's face it - did not pay a bill. Services were rendered for something, you were given a bill and you did not pay it. Ph II - while I hate giving a chunk of the balance away, the accounts that go in there are people who have flat out refused to pay their bill. We start of sending a statement every month, after 4 statements, we put it into Ph I. We don't wait any longer because if they ignored 4 contacts, why waste me or my staff's time to keep doing the same thing. It used to be that I'd wait like a year before putting them into this system at all but now I see the difference. I have a rep who makes recommendations based on her other client's and I finally understand I have no reason to feel guilty about using this sooner. My business hardly ever has anything that goes into that Phase II part. If it does...I write it off and forget about. If I get half of it back great, if I don't, I don't. Can I just say - the debtor crying about judgments and phone calls- WHY didn't you just pay your bill? I look at these blogs as something that gives scammers who don't pay their bills, a place to whine. Just pay your freakin" bill. The big picture - no matter what agency you hire - you hired them because you needed help collecting on a bill. (As we weren't) YOU were effective collecting, you (as we weren't) weren't getting your customers to pay you within your terms. Can you imagine a blog where people raved about a collection agency? I'd like to hear a business model for that agency...Just sayin'...

• Su
    superficialman Mar 08, 2011

That is how they do business. They did the same thing with me. Sued me (Monterey) for $250 in Rohnert Park with some hack lawyer named Anthony "Give Boys" Head. Wasn't worth traveling 200 miles to fight. They got judgment, had local sheriff enforce it. I'm glad their reputation is being exposed here and all over the internet. They never pursued true deadbeats with such aggressiveness.

Really Really come on Jan 27, 2011

Transworld is looking for warm bodies to fill their man desks and to make hundreds and hundreds of phone calls often to the same person as much as 10 times a day. The qualifications for this job are . You must look and act very stupid cause the more you are the more they know in advance how far they will be able to take advantage of you. ( they could be 2-3 months down the road on comissions owed to you before you realize it using your hard earned money to finace their business). If you look to be a person of need of drug or alcohol rehab then your their man they know they got you then. Just look at pisc of their personell on web, very nice right. and thats managment. Their leader is a grad of a pretty good school (Sterns) can you see the professors at Sterns faces when his name and their collage are mentioned together? you know they are proud. Transworld lists a scam mailing company as a client called American Mint check out these guys on the blogs the funny thing is this company once offered a Obama coin thats gotta be the lords funny humor there. God is so good. Can you picture American Mint and Transworld trying to out screw each other now thats funny. But you know you really have to feel for those people ( good harted people) who are quietly stuck working for these guys and just hate every day they go into work but need some sort of income for now just to survive, you know they exist God help them they repent every eve in their prayers asking for help. Yes the FBI is not likley worried to much about Transworld he is right about that but hey the agency who is overlooking these types of business is and yes they are working on doing somthing about these guys as fast as they can yes Ken and Jim that is right and you are painfully aware of it. You too Crystal Meth or what ever your name is. Three hundred days 300 hundred months the point is fellows your going to get closed down so all you current emplyees of Transworld you better start putting some monies aside or have alternative employment scoped out cause it will come like death and taxes with no warning signe.

Really Really come on Jan 27, 2011

I love it when the upper Transworld managment answers these blogs, Its shows they are really pissed off and somone struck a nerve. Some of these clients seem to have miss understood their contracts at thats not cool Transworld loves to ride that pony but they are missing the big pic. Potential clients are reading your contract alot closer now Transworld so the blog is working the message got out and you are loosing business. By the way there are a good bit of collection companys who have better than 50% most about the size of most of your clients ( small and often taken advantage of) so they really dont advertise this percent they deliver it and its really not hurting their business cause they market themself direct to the customer and hey they get business the old fashion way they earn it and keep it and offer value ( quality devided by cost) Hey Transworld you got any customers that are household names cause if you do you dont list them. If you do they are either no longer with you or never had been. I wonder why.

Really Really come on Jan 27, 2011

These guys are under investigation in many states. But lets take a look at their client list first. American Mint who also is under investigation for mail fraud shipping unauthorized or none ordered coins and so call collector items then billing indivisals for it who never order it in the first place. Then there is a National Hotel chain in El Paso Tx hum this turns out to be "Camino Real" you ever herd of them I have not and what National Hotel chain takes Checks I dont know any anyway this company moved to Houston Tx by the way good luck collecting for payment by check for people living in Mexico. Oh and hey they list the Girl Scouts of America upon calling this American establishment they never herd of Transworld, Im sure risk managment at the Girl Scouts is taking care of this issue as we speak. There is also a Docters Office in Calf mentioned upon checking these guys out they are under investigation for medicare fraud for billing out services that never took place or were unauthorized. A quick background check on just a few of their key employees was eye opening, but a good many of their hard working lower end employees are still waiting to get paid and no longer work for them. Hey just report these guys to the state and local agency that handels collection issues dont worry they already know who this company is they have been flooded with calls. Request a cell bill from your carrier that lists all calls made to your phone and forward that also to the agency. Transworld is already broke and are seeking new finacial influxes of cash to stay afloat as I write this hey Transworld good luck on that.

• Ex
    EX-tsi rep Dec 16, 2010

I am wondering if there are any ex-TSI Reps out there, that feel TSI duped them. Did you sell an account and your manager took the commision? Were you expected to sit in the ofice and make 100 phone calls a day plus knock on 40 Doors? Were you expected to turn in your activity reports, turn in your appointment records? Did your manager ever take your appointment from you, using the info from the appt record? Were expected to sit through meetings every mon and thur mornings? In the office I worked in, I was treated like an employee, not a 1099...I would like to hear from you experinced any of the same treatment..

• Do
    dont_b_a_sucker Dec 13, 2010

looks like you need to understand your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act & Fair Debt Practices Act. Please read and understand your rights. I understand how credit works and what THIRD PARTY COLLECTION AGENCIES CAN AND CAN NOT DO. They are third party remember, you do not owe them you owe the original creditor - and if your account is in hands of the third party you dont owe crap. The contract is with the original creditor not the third party <------- REMEMBER THIS IN COURT FOR JUDGEMENTS. I have gone to many court hearing with collections garnishing wages and judgements, tell the judge what I wrote and you are good no more harrassments. F*** collection agencies, THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR ALREADY FILED YOUR ACCOUNT AS A LOST AND ALREADY GOTTEN A TAX WRITE OFF. Hugh creditors (banks, etc) want these write offs so they dont have to pay taxs. THAT'S PART OF BUSINESS AND THE CHANCES THEY ARE TAKING FOR ACCEPTING YOUR APPLICATIONS FOR CREDIT. GOOD LUCK.

• Al
    alphamac Nov 04, 2010

There is more than just $$ involved with selecting a collection agency. You have to find an agency that is ethical and knows the types of accounts you need collected. There is also a big difference in retail vs business collections. Contact me at [email protected] if you want me to help you find a reputable collections agency.

• Er
    Eric Sermon Oct 14, 2010

My company has used TW for several years and have had many problems. I will not go into details on everything, just the latest.

We have accounts in phase II. When you go online to look at the progress of those accounts, there is no detail of what is happening with the collection efforts. When i call and ask for that information they would not send me anything in writing. I would like to see a copy of the checks/money orders/cashiers checks etc...Also i would like to see the dates and times calls were made. TW says they record all conversations, make those available to me if requested. This would (hopefully) cut down on some of the complaints people have. If you or the debtor is rude then as the client, I need to know. Customer Service is still the priority, even when collecting.

looking around for better service,
    Eric

• Wh
    Whatsupdwj Oct 13, 2010

I received an email from TSI requesting an interview as well. Curious, I took the time to read up on the company and gave the negative press out there its due diligence. However, it was the company website that really caused me to think there might be something 'off' about this enterprise. The site is cheap, very cheap, and not very user friendly. The information is purposely misleading and it's hard to get an answer as to what exactly this company does. Their biggest client is the Girl Scouts of America... LoL... And finally, the nail in the coffin, was the gallery photos on the site! Just look at these people... LoL... LOSERS!

Any company worth it's salt is going to use a law firm or an established (licensed) collection agency to recover outstanding debts. I understand you have to start somewhere, and that they might provide a cheaper alternative for smaller businesses, but these clowns are anything but mainstream or legit.

To all of you who feel you have been burned by TSI... You get what you pay for... Buyer beware! Next time just pick-up a lead pipe and pay the dead beat who owes you money a little visit one night when he gets home from work... Chicago politics gets things done!

Peace [censor]z!

• Bi
    Billcollector01 Jul 29, 2010

You got to love these “Blog-off’s” hired by company’s to besmirch their own customers on these complaint site due to mistreatment, I’m completely uninterested in a company that instead of trying to find a comparable solution to remedy the situation, would rather berate and accuse its own customer’s and the like, it’s pretty obvious when someone has something to hide, they bash and harass. I’m not remotely interested in this type of company “Butt-Buddy” and don’t see how such can be reputable or worthwhile (Forget this company!)
    Billcollector!

sameoldsonganddance Apr 22, 2010

If you are getting calls at 11pm, record them. It is a violation of Federal law. However, I HIGHLY doubt you are.

sameoldsonganddance Apr 22, 2010

I love the comment about reporting to the FBI & we should hear shortly. That WAS 300+ days ago.

Also to the guy who paid $700 for 50 accounts over 2 years. You were told there was a performance guarantee which YOU SIGNED OFF ON in the 2nd page.

antoliver Apr 21, 2010

I can totally understand them charging 50% for the woman that walked in and paid her bill because she required further medical attention. Transworld probably paid their staff to make phone calls, create collection letters, pay postage, pay admin staff etc. all in an effort to collect this debt. Why should they take the overhead loss? You are not looking at the whole picture.

Here is a good example that may put it in perspective: My boyfriend is a carpenter. My college degree was in architecture. He he came home and said that he has a client that wants a custom built deck. I spend many hours designing it to fit their home and land grading, figuring out the different sizes of wood we need etc. We spend our evenings purchasing it, hauling it, he cuts it all to size for easy onsite assembly and at leaves it at there home on to begin construction on Monday. We have put much brain and muscle power into this project already, probably half the effort if not more. He shows up Monday morning and the deck is built. The husband and his friends decided to build it over the weekend and they just want to reimburse us for the wood.

Does that seem fair? They used our expertise then put the puzzle together (the one we carved out), the part that they were not capable of. Why on earth would we even just go buy wood for a total stranger and deliver it uncut with out plans to get reimbursed for the cost of the wood. Sounds crazy doesn't it? Because it is.

Transworld has requested an interview with me because of a resume I posted online. Of course, I am going to research them before I respond. The 50% charge seems fair to me.

I worked for a builder for many years that was so devoted to customer satisfaction. It was amazing the lengths we would go to in order to please our homeowners, yet some would still get on websites and trash us anyway; it was hurtful because we put so much effort into pleasing them. I agree with the amazing Houdini's post. To add to his post, people who have received exceptional service should take the time to praise the company and people that delivered it to them. That makes you feel much better and drives the people that delivered the service to continue.

HawkeyePierce63 Apr 13, 2010

>>Crystal D<< If you read my comment at all, and understood it, you'd notice that I said I am not behind with any credit at all, and also that I am getting calls at all times of the night and day, including some as late as 11pm at all. My complaints are more than justified.

• Th
    TheAmazingHoudini Nov 12, 2009

I'd watch out drawing a conclusion based on complaints. Happy customers are not about to seek out a complaint board to post their happiness. It is only the most upset souls that have been mistreated that seek a soapbox to sow their anxiety and spew their malcontent barrage. You'll always find bad reviews of every company. This doesn't mean that they are good or bad - so you need comparable statistics to industry averages. I'm still indifferent.

Find them,
    post them,
    credit them, and
    I'll believe them.

Signed,
    Someone who just got an email requesting an interview

• Ab
    Aby52 Nov 09, 2009

On 11/5/09 I recieved a call from a private number. I answered and waited for the phone to bring a humans' voice. It was a very rude man asking me about a bill. I am presently unemployed. He was very ignorant to my situation. All I requested was there a place online I could pay my bill or just send me a notice. He was very rude and I hung up on him. I'm not a child and he had no right addressing me in the manner he did. I am very upset.I would never recommend this company to anyone.

• Ca
    CA job searcher Sep 23, 2009

Thanks for the info on Transworld Systems Inc. I just rec'd an e-mail from them saying they saw my updated resume online and want to sched an interview. Most e-mails I get like this are just scams, which is why my flags were raised. As they are obviously not very good at what they do, they can't be too great a co. to work for.

• Du
    DuncanK Sep 16, 2009

Trust that I kick myself about having signed my agreement when I put a $25, 000 debt into phase II, but not because of the clause agreeing to their taking 50%. No, I kick myself because I was foolish enough to trust that they would be sufficiently invested in recovering that amount. Maybe I should have guessed when I found out that claims under $1000 weren't even being pursued because it wasn't worth the time and expense to take them to court; even half of $25, 000 isn't that much to them.
    When I finally heard that the case was being handled by Resnick & Schwartman, LLC, in Baltimore, I took heart. That is, until the morning of the hearing when I picked up a voice mail from the attorney handling the case, calling from the courtroom, saying that the client claimed to have made a barter arrangement for repayment of the debt... No phone calls after that. I finally got a response to my efforts to find out what had happened when someone from Transworld called to let me know that the attorney had settled the case for $2, 500. I have the attorney's phone numbers but he won't return my calls to explain what happened.
    I have no recourse because they own the debt and the attorney doesn't have to talk to me because I'm not actually his client.
    Silly me.

• Bo
    bobareebop Jul 01, 2009

Yes - read the contract. Once an account goes to Phase II Verbal it is owned by Transworld. That is exactly what the contract states and is probably exactly what you were told. Once Transworld owns the account, if you recover money on that account, then 50% of that money goes to Transworld. It's very simple, and very legal.

Regarding the Phase I written demands, the Performance Guarantee clearly states that all purchased accounts must be used prior to their expiration date, or the Guarantee is void. If you don't like that guarantee, try to find another collection agency with a recovery rate over 50% and a comparable guarantee. You won't.

In most cases, when Phase I Written is not successful it is because:

1.) The service was not used, or
    2.) The service was not used properly

realist May 30, 2009

garyd...your "filings" with the USDA and FBI are ridiculous, good luck with that! I am sure they have better things to do, this is not a reality TV show, this is real life and how the real business world works, deal with it or move on!

• Ga
    garyd May 22, 2009

i have filed with the U.S. district attorney office for false and misleading documents and fruad. The fbi has been informed and we should know something shortly.

• Ke
    Kevin E May 03, 2009

As a very successful TSI Rep, I have two types of clients. First type of client submits accounts before 90 days past due. They receive great and consistent results. The other type of client refuses to submit debtors in a timely manner and receives mediocre results. The system never fails you-you fail the system.

Kevin Ewing

• Cr
    Crystal D Apr 08, 2009

>> Lrener<< The only you should be pissed at is yourself for not reading your contractual obligations w/TSI upon placing an account in Phase II. You say "you feel" TSI did nothing to collect the payment, however the entire time the account was in Phase II, collection efforts were being pursued as alotted by the FDCPA. Just because the debtor chose to pay the client directly, you feel TSI should not be paid for the work that was in fact done??! TSI should have dropped YOU as a client for complaining about not wanting to fulfill your own contract!!

>>HawkeyePierce63<< I think it's funny that you reported TSI to the FCC's 'Do Not Call' list!! The purpose of that is mainly for those annoying telemarketers/sales calls- not for companies trying to collect for products or services that were already provided and not paid for! Do you see the difference??!! As far as the 'harassment' calls all hours of the day, Federal law allows them to make contact twice a week, between 8am-9pm in your time, so if you choose not to answer the phone & ignore correspondence, THEY'RE GOING TO KEEP CALLING YOU! So don't blow them off- if it's a financial situation that's keeping you from paying the debt, let them know that & they will work with you, but if you just flat out ignore their attempts to contact you, that's your own fault when your check starts being garnished or someone shows up to your door with paperwork for a lawsuit against you for the balance of the debt!

• La
    Laura Apr 03, 2009

I had a collection item with this company from an oral surgery bill. My insurance company did not pay what it agreed when they were called for pre-authorization. The oral surgeon's office would not take payments and sent the amount to Transworld. I am not the type of person to not pay my bills, so I worked diligently with Transworld to make sure it was paid. They drafted my bank account monthly for the agreed-upon payments. When there was a balance of $5 on the collection, they still drafted my bank account for a much larger amount. Here it is almost 4 months later, and after many phone calls and several letters, I still have not been issued a refund. My next step is the Attorney General. Beware of this company and do no...I repeat...do not give them your bank account number!

HawkeyePierce63 Mar 04, 2009

I am not behind with any credit at all, but have been getting phone calls from Transworld at all hours of the day, always asking for someone by name, nearly always a different name each time. I have reported them to th FCC's "Do Not Call" list, and I've told them that I plan to take action against them for harassing phone calls. This seemed to stop the calls for a while, but they have started again. Their latest trick is to block their number from showing up on caller ID. I have told them to remove my phone number from their commputers, and was told that it would tke up to 48 hours, but it's been a month, now, and as yet they haven't removed it.

• Fr
    Fred Bennington Dec 01, 2008

I paid Transworld $699.50 to be able to turn over 50 accounts during a 24 month period. I did not quite turn in 50, at was about 44 that got turned over. I asked them to extend the 24 month period so I could at least try to recover as much as I paid them-they flatly refused. They collected a little over $400.00 for me then billed me an additional $140.44. They promise great things but deliver very little then charge a premium price for mediocre service. Beware of these people. I would strongly advise against doing business with them at all.