The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Toyota — dishonest charges
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
We had leased a Camry. We decided to turn it in at end of lease:
1. They made no effort to follow guidelines for inspection until I called;
2. They tried to scare me in to making repairs--saying I was responsible since I did not have proof, i.e. about rear speakers even though internet logs complaints about rear speaker deterioration since 1997--Toyoate even now produces a special repair kit for this problem. Obviously a reputable company would fix this manufacturing defect instead of trying to charge $400 to repair it!
3. Had the inspection and was quoted $600 to repair a chipped windshield--another ripoff because obviously it occurs as normal wear and tear through no fault of a driver! I replaced it myself for $200!
4. When I received the final inspection bill they twice included a new battery charge--when a photo clearly showed mine was fully charged!
5. Now they have sent me a disposition fee bill and included tax on it--no tax is mentioned on the lease agreement.
In summary, they try to nickle and dime you every chance they get and slip in charges that simply are not legitimate. I'll never lease or buy a Toyota again even though I have liked the product this experience has totally soured me toward the company due to these dishinest practices!