Toyotadishonest charges

K

We had leased a Camry. We decided to turn it in at end of lease:

1. They made no effort to follow guidelines for inspection until I called;
2. They tried to scare me in to making repairs--saying I was responsible since I did not have proof, i.e. about rear speakers even though internet logs complaints about rear speaker deterioration since 1997--Toyoate even now produces a special repair kit for this problem. Obviously a reputable company would fix this manufacturing defect instead of trying to charge $400 to repair it!
3. Had the inspection and was quoted $600 to repair a chipped windshield--another ripoff because obviously it occurs as normal wear and tear through no fault of a driver! I replaced it myself for $200!
4. When I received the final inspection bill they twice included a new battery charge--when a photo clearly showed mine was fully charged!
5. Now they have sent me a disposition fee bill and included tax on it--no tax is mentioned on the lease agreement.

In summary, they try to nickle and dime you every chance they get and slip in charges that simply are not legitimate. I'll never lease or buy a Toyota again even though I have liked the product this experience has totally soured me toward the company due to these dishinest practices!

• To
    Tom Watson Oct 07, 2008

Dear Sir or Madam,

I live in Australia and cannot get badly needed new tyres for my Kluger purchased last December. I am told by Bridgestone and Toyota that only 19 inch Bridgestone tyres can be fitted to my Kluger and that there are none of these in Australia. I have also been told there will not be any of these tyres in Australia for at least a month and maybe longer.

When I rang Toyota Australia about this and they were not helpful. They blamed Bridgestone and said they cannot help me. They made no attempt to help me and my impression was they really did not care that I have a Toyota vehicle which will be useless to me for at least a month and perhaps longer. From my many years of dealing with Toyota I am very disappointed with this attitude.

However whatever I think about Toyota Australia's apparent rejection of having a duty of care, mostly I want to get new tyres so I can drive my car to work and earn a living without having to purchase or hire another car. Are you aware of this situation and can you provide any solutions such as alternative tyres to the 19inch Bridgestones?

Thank you.

Tom Watson

• Ba
    Badri Nov 05, 2008

Dear sirs,
    My name is badri, writing from georgia (europe). couple of days ago I got sms on my mob. phone, informing about the victory of a toyota landcruiser car. the original sms says the following: japan international programme with toyota. your line had won a toyota landcruiser vx. contact person john carson.

I have no idea whom I need to communicate or how, as I have no phone number, no e-mail or other adress. please write back and help for further actions.

Best wishes

Badri.

• De
    Denise Renee Payne Nov 18, 2008

I have a 2017 Toyota Scion that was under warrenty up to 36000 miles, at 38900 miles the emissions light goes on, I had just had the oil changed and figured they did not secure the air filter well enough. Had that checked several times and it was good. The car was still running with no mechanical problems, but will not pass inspection. Two years old and will not pass inspection!!! I had to pay 82.00 for a diagnostic test then was told it would be 530.00 to have a fuel tank holder, cover, canister and filter replaced. " It is a defective design, they have had many complaints but not enough to have it recalled. " What a rip. Teaches me a lesson, I refuse to purchase another Toyota. Putting this much money into a car that is 2 years old for a defective part and no compensation from the dealership or the maker is unacceptable business. You can bet I will warn everyone I know and then some. Times are to hard right now for poor business practices such as this.

Denise Payne

Maria Nov 18, 2008

My dad received an email telling him that he won a toyota prius car and a cheque of 600, 000 english pounds. They said that we need to speak to Mr Macroy and Mr James Bessant, about the shipment of the car and the cheque.So I called them up, and spoke to Mr Macroy and Mr Bessant and they wanted me to pay 550 pounds for the shipment..I told them that I would like a receipt that it will say that they got 550 pound for the shipment...they tried to come out of it...I realized that something is wrong...first of all they werent english, they didnt have an english accent, but surprisingly they had english names...!!How about that?????
    Anyway, isnt someone responsible for that????Doesnt toyota do something?The reputation they get must be getting worse...

At the end of the day...what a lot of crap...Dont people have anything else to do??

Maria

• Cb
    CBAKER Jan 17, 2009

A month ago, during the night while the car was in the driveway, the headlights came on automatically and we had to disconnect the battery because they would NOT go off. Took it to the dealer who put it on a diagnostic for $98 and they could not get it to replicate the problem over a 4 day period. Same thing happened last night (temp outside was 17) and we again disconnected the battery. Son in law thinks it may be a computer problem...dealer does not know what it is. Has anyone else had this problem with an '2017Toyota corrola?

• Cr
    Cristina Apr 14, 2009

I own a 2017 Toyota Sienna which I purchased in August of 2017. One year later I started having problem with the passanger sliding door. During winter the door would make a rattleling sound like it wasn't closed all the way. I called the dealer and explained to them the problem. Of course everytime I took my VAN to the dealer It would not make that sound. I told the technician that you have to drive the Van for few minutes for it to start making noise. So they did NOTHING for me and I just had to live with that noise. Now every winter the door would get stuck and would not open at all. Finally I had enough, so I took the Van in and I explained to the Technician that this is a safety issue since I purchased the Van and that my kids have to either enter from the drivers side door and kick the door open from the inside. My warranty expired and they could not do anything for me. I am PISSED!

• Pa
    paul May 19, 2009

Bought a carb rebuild kit for an 87 4x4 cost $75 out the door and no accelerator pump diaphram, which is what usually wears out they wanted $57 more for it and more than $157 for an outer vent control valve solenoid.
    This is crazy.
    F0r a carb it's over $1000.
    The industry crises is trying to to fix itself by ripping-off on charging for parts replacement.

• Ju
    juan marino Jun 06, 2009

As from this date, the Spanish Government grants a bonus of minimum €2, 000 to whoever deliver an old car and buy a a new one. Toyota Spain offers such a bonus. The top price for the Yaris 5-door Liftback stands on $15, 125 [€10, 827] excluding 2 minor and/or avoidable options, namely: cruise control and remote keyless entry system, as displayed in the official Toyota web. Yaris model 1.4D isn't subject to "Impuesto de Matriculación" (Registration tax) such a tax amounting to 4.75% on the selling price is applicable to rest of the Yaris models. Now, if the Yaris were fabricated in Europe, no import tax would apply and assuming it's imported from Japan, aforesaid tax would amount to 10% on the factory price. The Toyota car dealer in my town offers me a Yaris 1.4D 5-door liftback, excluding the mentioned options, in the sum of €14, 500 alternatively €12, 500 if I return my old Honda Accord. I have made some calculations and in the most adverse circumstances the Toyota Car dealer should have offered me the selling price of € 10, 475 altogether, though my feeling being the actual price should be € 8, 827 if the Yaris is fabricated in Europe and the bonus considered.

• Me
    mermaid Oct 01, 2009

Had my brakes checked and lug bolts were not tightened. While driving on the highway
    my front left tire flew off, bouncing and rolling and bouncing in front of my car into the on coming traffic. I was almost killed along with other cars that swerved to try to dodge the bouncing tire.

My car has now been in the shop for 3 months. I was told it was ready today and I left it at the dealership because it was still not repaired.

I have many stories about the incompetency of this dealership.

• Ed
    Edward777 Oct 23, 2009

Try contacting the corporate office in your region. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Toyota is one of the best in customer satisfaction. This was done by the dealer who is separate from the car company. File a complaint with the BBB in your area. You can go as far as walking in front of the dealership with a big sign " This Toyota dealer ripped me off" If you have kids, it looks even better for you an very very bad for them. None-the-less, take it up with their corporate offices. It seems like a safety issue and the laws pertaining to "SAFETY" are different than the remainder of the car. For example, airbags and seatbelts and related parts are covered for 10 years on all car makers.

• Ca
    CarD18 Nov 23, 2009

I purchased a Toyota Coaster from Toyota Trinidad Limited last year. The vehicle was listed with all the features listed below:

Center Door

Driver and Passenger Sun Visors

Tripmeter

Front & Rear Mud Guards

Side Door Mirrors

and listed at $440, 000.00 TTD. I explicitly inquired to confirm the features. I paid amount quoted however the vehicle came with half the features. The sale rep Brendon Ache signed agreeing that the features are missing. The company to date has refused to install or refund me for the features. The director later stated if I want the feature that was suppose to be on the vehicle I need to pay an additional $92, 000.00 TTD.

After all this horror with what is suppose to be a reputable company I went to purchase parts from them as the vehicle was in a accident. The total cost of the parts was approx. $56, 000.00TTD, and I casually inquired if I will get a discount due to the size purchase and if was GIVEN. But I already had a manager's check for the full amount. I was told to pay with the check and I will receive a refund for the difference. It has been 5 month and still have not received the refund. The director "Andre Baptist" sent me an email stating if I drop any and all legal action against Toyota Trinidad he is issue the refund for an approx amount of $17, 000.00TTD.

Toyota Trinidad and Andre Baptist has gone from using Trick and Bait tactics to Ransom Tactics.

I'm shock that a reputable company like Toyota can allow a pig headed man set such a reputation for them in one of their locations. How can the heads of a company stand by and allow a director rob customers and tarnish their company's reputation.

I have copies of all documents to support my claim and emails from the director "Andre Baptist"

I hope Toyota this issue can be resolved and not allow one man acting as a director to tarnish their company's name.

• Do
    DougTWilliams Dec 24, 2009

TWO WORDS: Extended Warranty.

Should've bought one. But then again, buying a new car is a crapshoot. Why don't you bring it to a local repair shop. Its probably less expensive than at the dealership. I've had a dealership quote me 1400 to fix my wife's town and country. Local repair shop repaired it for under 500 bucks.

• Br
    Brian K. Knowles & Nadia Jan 19, 2010

I Purchased my brand new 2017 Toyota 4Runner in Nov 2017, my SUV was great, luv the way it drove and was really please. After the second service i started hearing a humming noise wsn't sure where it was coming from, so when i took the car in for the next service i mentioned it to the customer service staff. When i picked up my car later on that day i was told that there was no noise detected by the service departmnet and that everything was fine. i excepted the explaination and left, the next day the noise was still there and i left it until the next service.

To cut a long storey short, I have been reporting the noise to my local service department for 4 years now, instead of the humming sound its has now escalated to a roaring noise, which is rather annoying and a total discomfort. In order for me to not go out of mind i would hve to turn up the radio loud to block out the nosie which rearly helps.

Reently when i took the vehicle in for service i inisted that the Service Manager accompany me on test drive to observe the roaring noise which is some one else other than myself and my family & friends was able to hear.

immediately when i started the SUV and proceded to drive he asked if that was the noise i was referring to, the loud roaring sound, i indicated that it was and asked why none of the other services men could not hear the sound, i said to him that i had started to feel as though i was carzy and that no one but me could hear the noise. He went on to say that it could be the wheel bearings or somthing wrong with the tires.

i left the vehicle and my contacts. later on that afternoon i received a call from the Service Dept. indicating that they had discovered the problem, i was told that the noise i was hearing for the 4 yreas i had driven my 4Runner was the rear Differential. I asked why had it taken so long for the problem to be disovered, but didn't get an answer. I advise them to fix the problem becasue obviously it was a factory fault, seeing that the problem existed from inception of my driving my band new $46, 000 2017 4 Runner.

i would like some clarity on how is it that a part that should last the life span of the vehicle began to give problems so early on in my owining the vehicle and why wasn't i made aware of the problem after countless serivceses by the dealer.

I would also like to know if this problem has ever occured in any other 4 RUNNER, becasue i was about to loose my mind over the constant LOUD noise, also if when this problem is corrected there will not be another problem caused by the faulty part. My vehicle's warranty is just about expired so if another problem arises from this who will encur the cost seeing that the existing part is priced @ $2800.00

• Ko
    ko ko Feb 15, 2010

i have 2017 Toyota 4runner.Last 3 weeks i drove on the snowing wet night.i drove very slow to the free way entrance.When i turn to the entrance very very slip on the road.i try to stop before i turn.But i, m too late and hit the freeway entrance wood sign corner road.Now i have to pay my insurance for collusion .Any one know it was my fault or my brake??????

• Re
    RestlessHeart Feb 16, 2010

From this very brief report you want us to decide if your brakes failed or what? You apparently were driving too fast for conditions on snow and simply slid into a road sign. It happens every day. Deal with it and stop looking for an out...face it and move on

• Mu
    muhbab zubair Mar 08, 2010

I went to Toyota of McKinney this past Saturday, 03/06/2017 had the worst experience of my life.I went to buy a 2017 Toyota rav 4 new at 0 APR for 60 months.I singed the contract at $24, 480 dollars as the total cost of this car, but when everything was signed and done the finance person, tried to change the numbers while i wasn't paying attention.I asked him what he was doing he tells me that they forget to add sales tax, I told him that " you cant change anything on a singed contract" the person responded " I forget to add the $2, 000 dollars for tax". Prior to this when i was with the sales manager and sales person, I was told that the price of $24, 480 would include all taxes and fees.I believe that they were all in it together, This is the purest form of a dealership scam.I took the contract before they could change anything on it and left.The contract is with me and it states all the details including the original cost of the car that i singed on the contract.Today I contacted the dealership and they are refusing to honor a singed contract.

• So
    SON9RISE Apr 15, 2010

I purchased a new left over toyota from the year before from lawrence toyota in nj... the car had 16 miles on it from being test driven over the past year... this cant be helped and I thought nothing of it... when the papers were drawn up they put down used car because it was last years model and had 16 miles on it... it didnt matter to me and I hardly noticed... but this changes the interest rate from 2.99 to 5.99 which I find out when I get my first payment 30 days later... I complain and im told there is nothing they can do... I ask to return the car and they offer 3500 less than I paid 31 days ago... so I write to toyota corporate office... they sent me an amortization schedual trying to show there is not much of a difference in the payments... they like spending my money... but when I noticed is that the payment they had was less than I was being charged... even at the same 5.99 interest rate...4 months later toyota motor credit agrees that there is a glitch in the system and I am being charged too much per month by accident but it is not able to be fixed for me only future car buyers... they are so sorry... so I make a complaint with the bbb and state they are mischarging me because they made a mistake and I am forced for 5 years to make the wrong payments of I ruin my credit score... the bbb investigation uncovers the payments even though are higher than I am supposed to be paying are being misapplied also... meaning I am not paying off principal because there is something else wrong... this gets better with time... I request me to return the vehicle which is now 7 months old with 7000 miles on it and I am offered 7500 less than I paid... I rather go to court... the bbb contacts us both and asks us to arrainge a settlement since toyota is being sued by every owner in the world about brake problems... I get a new offer on my car which was appraised by the bbb for 17450 or only 12000 from lawrence toyota and that was going to be their best offer... I explained I was getting shafter plus I paid 400 a month for 8 months 3200 which dissapeared... I was told so sorry
    People there are many car dealers out there avoid lawrence totally avoid toyota if you can also I live in this hell every day... cant stop the payments and cant sell the car which is worth less than I owe.

• By
    byobtoo Aug 07, 2010

Since September of 2017, I drove a 2017 Toyota Tacoma. July 13, 2017 at approximately 8:55 a.m., I was stepping on my brake to come to a stop behind a vehicle at a stop sign in a residential area. I started braking slowly as usual. It appeared the brakes were working but not catching as fast as usual so I put extra pressure on the brake. Getting too close than I should be for a stop, I pushed the brake to the floor & my truck dipped a bit appearing to come to a stop but then kept rolling & hit the car in front of me. The car seemed to move forward just before the tap as if it were going to make the turn at the stop sign so the impact was low. The car then stopped but since my truck hadn't, although my foot was still had the brake to the floor, I pumped my brake and stomped it to the floor again and my truck launched out slamming into the car again. This was a low impact collision in a residential area coming to a stop sign in the morning on my way to work. The brakes had failed prior to the acceleration issue that followed. My insurance company & Toyota claim Toyota is the only company able to run any tests on the vehicle to inspect my truck. Toyota writes that it is their understanding my accident was caused when my vehicle accelerated & rear ended another vehicle. That's only a portion of my claim. They overlooked the initial cause of the brake not catching. I understand that in some cases people panic & step on the accelerator. Even if that had happened causing the second hit, the first hit that may have caused any panic was because the brake did not work. The letter regarding my inspection claims my brakes were in good condition. The Toyota recall on my vehicle says Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns, "have not yet been completed for your vehicle" and I'll be notified as soon as there's a remedy. I do not feel safe in that vehicle. The police on the scene said I could be held negligent if I continued driving after my brakes failed. I can't afford a new truck.

• Mi
    mike_kell Sep 04, 2010

It sounds like an emission control issue which is covered for 100, 000 miles, i would recheck what they are telling you

• Ol
    Olinder Oct 01, 2010

I have purchased a new Toyota Fortuner in October 2017. I ordered the Furtuner with a tow bar and I asked the Toyota dealer if the problems with towing was sorted out. They assured me that the problem was sorted out. I purchased I Jurgens Penta caravan and then realized that the car was swerving quite a lot. A contacted Toyota and they said that the tires were faulty and that they will replace it with Generals again (this is what it was sold with) I had to pay for the km that I used on the tires. I was not allowed to but another brand on and pay the difference. I had no trust in the Generals and wanted to put BF Goodrich on. I asked Toyota why they did not inform me of the potential danger and why did they put my life and my families life’s in danger. Their answer was that as long as I don't complain, they do nothing about the problem. So you first have to get killed or injured before they do something. I have been driving Toyotas all my life, but with this attitude from Toyota, this is my last.

Jamal Oct 10, 2010

zZed said the vehicle ran on regular gas but the gas cap stated;for best performance use premium gas. also they provided a clean car fax 90dys after i asked for it. however my mechanic looked at the vehical and noticed the rear hatch door had been replaced and body work done around the door.keith pierson wouldnt talk to me aand zed wouldnt take it back or issue commensurate cash.

the vehicle was a used 2017 nissan pathfinder, at keith pierson toyota in jacksonville fl. i bought the vehical thanksgiving week of 2017 and tryed to return it the next day to no avail.

• Du
    duhhh Mar 11, 2011

yeah your a [censor] and you went to fast.

• De
    derek jones Mar 17, 2011

Stay away!!! Honest to god... They are big thieves, they tell you one thing on the phone and complete different story when you get there, they are extremely pushy even when they clearly see that my lady dont like the vehicle, they slam on extra big charges o n your credit card which was never agreed, I had to fight them for months and months until credit card company realized their crooked operation, by the way, after my attorneys investigation he discovered that the so called five star reviews about this firm was done by family members of the staff of the dealership, and it was reported to department of consumers affair. Minister derek jones richmond virginia

• Hi
    Hidake Apr 08, 2011

I have made a booking of Toyota Vios and paid a sum of Rs3, 000 as deposit at a Toyota dealer Wheelcorp Sdn Bhd (Old Klang Road) on 7th August 2017.

Due to unexpected financial problem recently, I am unable to buy the car and appeal to the dealer for a refund. The branch manager rejected my appeal and threaten to forfeit the deposit if I can’t pay the down payment to collect the car. She is very rude and said she has all the right to forfeit in the event of cancellation of order for any reason whatsoever.

I then contacted UMW Toyota Sdn Bhd (Malaysia Headquarter) 603-[protected] at Shah Alam to explain my situation. The customer service representative said that they cannot do anything about it and my deposit shall be forfeited.

I understand according to the agreement there is a clause stating that the deposit paid by the customer be forfeited in the event of cancellation by customer.

However, I just could not believe that Toyota Malaysia is so inconsiderate that they will forfeit customer’s deposit money even if the customer is facing financial difficulties. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this matter.

• La
    La2011 Jun 17, 2011

2017 Camry bought new on October 16, 2017. Now tire issues. I googled the tires (bridgestone turanza) and Toyota and so many others explain the same issue. Yesterday it was 8 months old and has 6, 500 miles and the tire blew. There was no warning light until the time it blew. So tire wasnt riding on low or light would have been on. The Toyota roadside assistance came and said the problem is on the inside wall that it was not a nail or outside hit. I called toyota customer care who told my call the dealer-they dont care and say call manufacturer because Toyota doesnt warranty. Duh! Just keep waiting til people crash and die again to start caring. After just 8 months a tire shouldnt just blow without outside cause or excessive mileage, neither are the case.

• La
    La2011 Jun 17, 2011

October 2017 bought* but is a 2017. sorry

john bowman Jul 01, 2011

my husband bought a 2017 cambry and it has 25, 000 miles on it, the tires are thin and have to replaced. 25, 000 miles on a set of new tires, new car---this is total b.s.--I WANT HALF THE THE COST ON A NEW SET. THIS WAS WRITTEN ON JULY 1, 2017.

• Be
    ben Lanzos Jul 24, 2011

bought 2017 camry new, after 5000 miles tires wheels started making loud rumbling noise. reported it to dealer, they said nothing, hear it is 24, ooo miles noise so loud people will not ride with us. afraid to drive this lemon. dealer said they will try to fix it, but it will cost us a lot of money. the car is still under warrenty. HELP????????

• Kr
    Krogers38 Dec 21, 2011

Same problem! I have a 2017 Camry with Bridgestone Tires. I called Bridgestone and they believe Toyota is sending the vehicles out of alignment from the factory. My tires started making a noise at about 20, 000. I took it in for a check up at 25, 000 and they informed me that the tires were cupping: a problem created by being out of alignment, tire pressure or improper rotation. All of the service done on my vehicle has been Toyota. Luckily, my dealer (Toyota South) is hooking me up with new tires and an alignment. If this becomes an even bigger issue, we may have to get together! I'll check back for your responses.

Andrea Crespo Nov 26, 2014

Started with Toyota: When called them they told me I had no recalls, yet I still had problems through the years.A my brakes, Catalitc converter, motor now to find I did, and I miss the class action law suit ! now my under carage was replace and it is falling off the body frame I have contacted both Toyota an Shelor, still no help . The frame is to small and many screws were not replaced back .My engine was on the floor and they broke extra things and had me pay for them.This is unfair and and I want my car fix to be safe to drive, can you help.