Menu
T
Author of the complaint
3:25 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I too went BACK to Town Spare Tire and regret it. I vowed after my last dealing with the little punks and shoddy work and lying to me like I'm an 18 year old girl ( I'm fifty year old man who's done mechanical work, I own a Tree business). I went in to get 4 news on my wifes 2001 Lexus and I was talked into buying Toyo's that in the words of the "salesman" were "the best part about these are they're warrantied for 75k miles". I paid the guy $730 asked him if I was all covered, he said yes. Before driving away I looked in the trunk. I had asked THREE times that they take the best of the 4 olds and put it on my spare rim, NOT DONE. So I go back in and it takes another half an hour, this is 3 hours in now, and drive away. An hour later I get on the parkway with my wife in the car and we hear and feel this horrendous rumpling and something dragging on the ground. I get off the parkway and look under the car. They left the shroud hanging off! Not to mention the UNBALANCED tires, I know this because it only did it between 58-67 mph. I immediately take it back so they take the car in and my wife and I walk to get a coffee. After ANOTHER hour and a half the prognosis was, from their "top guy" that I had 2 bent rims so they put them on the back... BULL&&** No REASON or APOLOGY for leaving the shroud off either! 115 days later I look at my front passenger side tire one morning and its got a bubble the size of a tennis ball. Btw the rumbling only slightly got better so I KNOW they were not balanced right or NOW they could be defective. I bring it back hearing those words in my head about being warrantied for 75k and instead I get two [censored]es that not only dont go outside to view the bubble but start giving me a tutorial on why potholes cause bubbles. Then they go on to tell me THAT model tire has been discontinued and they ARENT warrantied because I didnt pay $14 a wheel... I LOSE it. I told them they better find out who the little F%%^ was that sold them to me and straighten him out and walked out. I am now going to the "Corporate Office" two towns over and I'm SURE I'll get O satisfaction. Btw, I went on the net to look up these tires and ALL it's sister tires have been RECALLED! And now this ones been "discontinued"? Oh, I forgot to say how after he told me they were discontinued he could still get me one for $100. I wanted to punch him right in the face. WARNING-DO NOT USE TOWN "SPARE" TIRE or you'll be sorry.

More Town Fair Tire Centers complaints & reviews

Town Fair Tire Centers - lug bolts damage
Town Fair Tire Centers - charging for services that come free
Town Fair Tire Centers - I will never go back
Town Fair Tire Centers - double charging
Town Fair Tire Centers - alignment issue, now tires are weqring out with less than 30k on then
Town Fair Tire Centers - damage tires