Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

Complaints & Reviews

fraud and stealing

This group somehow got my credit card number and has been tking funds from my account every 2weeks since Dec.3. I never authorized these payments to them and I have called them 3 times to cancel unauthorized membership. I just called today and was in formed it was still active. I never joined and I never gave them my credit card number. The only way I can think they got it was when I ordered Riddex. They are connected in my mind because this has been going on ever since I made that purchase from the TV ad. At this point they have taken around $105.00. I would like a total refund.

• In
    in a bad world Mar 03, 2012

my card number was picked up in February 11. 14.95/month was charged against my credit card. when i finally realized something was going on they told me I had subscribed to a dining club. My husband and I are in our 80s. He has Dementia. We would not enroll in such a program. We were offered a 2 month refund of the program. We had been paying this for 8 months. I never received a discount card for use at restaurants or any correspondence from this company. I feel like I have been violated by scam artist.

charge to bank account

My bank account was charged $139.99 without my knowledge. I called them at [protected] and was told I had either cashed a check fromWomans Within or signed up online for identity protection theft .
Neither being true I asked for my money to be returned. I was advised this would take 1-2 business days and was given a cancellationcode number.
I am now waiting to see if they return the money.

Tina

• Ho
    hojaverde Mar 31, 2009

I just found the same debit of 139.99 on my account. The bank gave me a different number. 1-866-657-3826. I have shopped a Roamans and Hips and Curves websites, but never the others you mentioned. What the hell is going on?!! How can people just debit from your account without your approval?

Completly Pissed!
    Colorado

• Je
    Jen May 25, 2009

I have found the same debit on my bank account as well for $139.99. I never authorized any debit of $139.99, I have to wait until Wednesday before I can call because everything is closed today but I don't understand how someone can charge my account without my permission, what happens if that would of caused me to overdraft my account???!! There has to be something we can do! this is not right!

• Ka
    KayK Aug 12, 2009

I made a purchase through Roaman's online and found a charge for $139.99 on our next CC bill. We sent a letter to our CC bank placing the charge in dispute and I called the number on the CC bill. I was told by the TLG ID Secure company (who profess to provide identity theft protection - HA!) that they would be refunding me the amount and they gave me a confirmation number. The next month our CC bill showed a refund of only $84.60 ($55.39 less than the full amount!). I just called them again and was told that the "eligable refund was released" to us. I demanded a refund of the remaining amount and was told it would be given. This time I had to ask for a confirmation number. We will have to send another letter back to our CC company in order to continue the dispute until the we see the remainder refunded. What a pain. One key thing when asking for your money back, stay calm, be firm, and try to be polite. The guy on the other end of the phone didn't do this to you, his company did and if you are not unkind to him/her, they usually try to be very helpful.

One thing's for sure - I'm never spending another dime with any of these clothing companies!

unauthorized billing

My credit card was charged on Feb. 19 with a bill for $139.99 for a fraud-guard service I do not want and did...

unauthorized charge

I found an unauthorized charge on my credit card statement in March and called to get it removed. I was told it was a "third party vendor transaction" and had to call the vendor which turned out to be TLB Complete Homes that I had never heard of before, much less authorized a charge. I called the company and they said I had cashed a $5 check which triggered the "service". (I still don't have any idea what the service is). I said I had not and to remove the charge. They said they would. They said they were affiliated with a company called Norm Thompson.

I checked my deposits and I had indeed cashed a $5 check in January. It was from a company called Sahalie. I had bought some stuff from them Summer of 2008 and had received a check from them saying it was a kind of rebate.

So I called Sahalie and asked them if they were affiliated with Norm Thompson. They said it was a sister company. The check was indeed a come on for the TLG "service". I guess I didn't read all the fine print, but the check did come from Sahalie and said it was a rebate.

This is an obvious scam. How does it get stopped?

• Di
    diane Dec 13, 2008

Tlg has charged hundreds of dollars to my account.

I complain, they take off and the next month, hundreds more in charges show up.

They are part of hsbc which makes this even worse. . . Both are complicit in this crime.

unauthorized charges

I bought a pedi paws online and it had an $8.00 rebate. when the rebate check came I cashed it. by cashing...

$139.99 unauthorized debit

I, too was debited $139.99 and never cashed the check from Woman Within, but will definitely be contacting them. Their phone # at TLG ID Secur is [protected] and their hours are 10am-7 pm EST.

• Lo
    Loretta Apr 04, 2009

$139.99 unauthorized debit

I, too was debited $139.99 and never cashed nor received a check from Woman Within, but will definitely be contacting them. Their phone # at TLG ID Secur is 866-657-3826 and their hours are 10am-7 pm EST.
    Loretta

credit card scam

We bought Haband clothing over a year and a half ago. We since received some checks stating that we were getting them because we were great customers. I did not read the fine print on the back of the check. <br />
We ended up finding out the hard way after cashing 2 of these checks. We ended up getting 2 different charges on our credit card ($139.99 each)for various services. We found out that they were connected to these checks that we cashed when I called back in Oct 2008.<br />
<br />
We did not cash anymore checks from this time forward. Then another charge showed up for TLG*COMPLETEHME. Because I did not notice it right away (almost a month) they would only give us $111.53 instead of $139.99 on. The charge was Dec 17, 2008.<br />
When I asked how long this would go on - they said they did not know and I should not cash any more checks. I said that I had not so since before October.<br />
It has been a few months since we have had anything show up on our credit card, but this could have been overlooked and we would have been out almost $500.<br />
What a rip off.

TLG Loans - Carter & carter financial
United Kingdom
Phone: [protected]
carterandcarterfinancial.co.uk

Hi guys - came across this on another complaints board called consumer action group

SCAM! The Loan Supermarket/The Lending Group SCAM!TLG Loans

AKA: CARTER AND CARTER

I had £99.99 taken from my bank account.
If anybody has applied for a loan through this company. You have probably had from £39.99 - £349.99 taken out of your bank account for a one off 'administration fee'.

All the people they 'rob' off are asked to give their bank details - long digit on your card number and your 3 digit security code. You are told this is for 'security' OR 'validation/verification'

After giving these details - which most people do not question to give out - which is understanding - as the websites of the company look legitimate and very professional. You are then told there is an administration fee ranging from £49.99 to £149.99 which they take off you as soon as you put the phone down. I do not know how they work out how much your 'application' will cost to process but the most they can get the better. (Commision based) - even if you change your mind after giving details of your account or you want to have a think about the loan you have applied for. They will STILL take your money.

They send you NO paperwork
If your loan has been declined you are told you are entitled to your money back. And you have an every right as it is your money.
No matter how many letters you send or phone calls you make you will never get your money back. The people on the phones are not there to help you but to simply make money out of you and others.

This is theift and it needs to be stopped. Thousands of people are getting robbed and 'fobbed off' when they try and do something about it.

STOP wasting your time and money on phone calls and letters and go to BBC's watchdog, consumer direct, police.

WAYS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

Another option may be to approach your bank. They may be able to do an IMDEMNITY CLAIM and refund your money, then their retail fraud team would investigate and claim the money back from the company.

Their is ALOT of negative feedback on the internet about theloansupermarket many people have contacted watchdog, and from what I've read there has been interest from the BBC to investigate what is going on here. If enough people do this maybe it will push them to take action...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ ...just click on the 'Got a Story' link to tell them what has happened to you.

The Office of Fair Trading also has a tool to uncover scams...https://secure.consumerdirect.gov .uk...follow this link and tell them your story.

the more people that do this SOMETHING WILL BE DONE.

FOR ADDRESSES AND NUMBERS GO TO | Carter & Carter Financial |

KIND REGARDS AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.
LETS GET THESE PEOPLE LOCKED UP.

• M1
    m11 Apr 09, 2009

Had the same done to me.We ALL NEED TO TAKE SOME ACTION TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.If we keep quite then these louts will continue benefiting.I intend to pursue every avenue possible and have recorded them on my phone soliciting for bank details then trying to make debits.THEY WILL GO DOWN!

• Sh
    shad Jun 15, 2009

ya me carterand carter finance they charged me 199.00 the first tym and the second tym again they charged me £249.99 fro m my bank acount and when i try to contact them they are phone number is not owrking when i asken for my refund they just hangup the phone.

frodulent credit card charges

Beware of this company charging your credit card. I have read many complaints about Great Fun Zoo committing fraudulent charges to random peoples cards.

• Co
    cocoayin1 Oct 24, 2010

Yes! I was one of these random people charged. What the hell is this company? For anyone else getting these charges, the phone number is 800-290-8603

• Se
    secretoflosingweight Apr 29, 2011

This company is a total rip off and are scaming people all over the UK. Its a joke that the comapny can get random number and start charging t hem for texts that they did not order or even know about., The owners are going to get shut down which needs to be done know.

Anyone who has been scammed you need to let ICTIS know about the issue. 3 messages costing 2 pounds each. 6 pounds from many phones is a lot of money. Its a joke

Shabir

cancelled enrollment and company continued to debit my account

I cancelled my Great Fun account in September of 2008, then recently went through my bank statements and...

deduction from chkg. acct. w/o my consent.

TLG without my signing up for this service deducted 11. 99 from my chkg. acct. I don't know how this happen. This was a first time deduction and I did catch it early. From this site I obtained an address and telephone # [protected], thank you). I did call and spoke to a woman named Jack and explained the situation. She hesitated to cancel but I let her know that I read the complaints about this company online and did find out that I had 30 days to cancel this service. She then honored my request. I did get a cancellation code code and a promise that my money would be refunded. I will monitor TLG and write a follow up.

• Li
    linda a salsbury Jun 18, 2009

let me tell you what great fun!!did to me, a month ago i bought a box of checks off the internet thru artistic checks.com, i paid for the checks by using my debit cardthru my checking account. everything seemed fine, until i checked my bank account, and i know how much money was in there, 9dollars and some change ] wll anyway my account said i was negative, and i said how i havent used my card? they said a debit in the amount of 12.99 was deducted from my account and that great fun made the withdrawl, i have never heard of great fun, and i flipped out, so my bank gave me there number and i called them{greatfun} they told ma a bunch of bull crap about when i bought the checks thru artistic, they enrolled me automatically enrolled inthis membership, well i told them i did not consent to be a member of there club and i sure's hell didnt authorize them to take money out of my account, and that it is illegal, and that i wanted the membership cancelled, and i wanted my money back and i informed them that they will be paying my overdraft fees!!! to my bank so they told me to get a copy of my statement and fax it to them and they would credit my account.somehow i feel they won't, it all seemed to easy, they are in a buisiness to scam people out of money, and they dont want to lose money, so the question i have is why are they scaming money out fo peoples accounts, knowing eventially people are going to find out and there going to want there money back, and they are going to have to pay these people back, so how are they making money and how can these scamers stay in buisness?? i will personally see to it they will be put out buisness!!! times are hard and money is tight! we don't need people like this screwing us hard working citizens over like that!! i sympathize with all of you that got scammed like i did!!! great fun is not such great fun!!more like a great f... over!! sincerely, linda a salsbury victim of the great fun scam

unwanted membership

I purchased an airline ticket on line, and then two months after the ticket was used, I received a letter from letter and form from Great Fun/Priceline informing me that I was enrolled in a membership program with Great Fun. Membership in this program was not part of the airline purchase, nor was I informed of such monthly-dues enrollment. I contacted the company and told them I was not interested and did not wish to join. In response to my concern, the company sent me their packet explaining the benefits. Please respond. Thanks.

Alfreda Wright ([protected]@aol.com)

• Bo
    Bob Mar 31, 2009

I too purchased a ticket though priceline last year and I just noticed I have been paying a unwanted Greatfun membership fee! I called Greatfun @ 800-290-8603 and they were cooperative enough to refund the last month charge. Are these practices anywhere close to being legal?

still charging me

I have canceled this so called account I have with this TLG*LIVWEL and they are stil taking money out of my...

funds been taken

I AM YET ANOTHER VICTIM THAT FELL FOR TLG LOANS I STILL CAR'NT BELIEVE I GAVE THEM MY BANK DETAILS THEY TOOK £49.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.I HAVE SENT E-MAILS TO WHATCHDOG, MONEY SUPERMARKET & TRADING STANDARDS I REALY BELIEVE WE ALL NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS SO CALLED COMPANY.THEY WILL JUST KEEP DOING THIS IF THEY ARE NOT STOPPED MAKING LOADS OF MONEY, OUR MONEY WE CAR'NT AFFORD BECAUSE WE'RE GETTING NOTHING BACK.ALL OUR LOANS MUST BE LOST IN THE POST (NOT)

Joe Mar 30, 2009

I have also been scammed by these TLG loans people, they took 149.00 pounds out of my bank account unauthorised. I tried to make contact but all l got was total ###. These people are just getting away with fraud and nothing is being done to protect the vulnerable public. I immediately cancelled my debit card and informed my bank who are assisting in claiming this back. The best advise to anyone is do not ever deal with these rotten lot, they don't do any loans at all other than fraud.

you took my #ing money

You have taken my money for doing nothing and you think you can rob me, my bank will get my money back, the police will be passed your details and me, my not so close friend, me you are going to see very soon, you just watch! That money best be returned to my account very shortly, you don't ever rip me off, get my money back now! I am writing this in Kara's name and her email, you don't know me but, you soon will, going round ripping people off, it's not going to happen, believe me!
49.99 wants to be put back in her account this week and you will pay the charge i have been given for going over my limit!

This is no joke!

• Mr
    mrs joanne purvis Mar 10, 2009

Its an absolute disgrace whatthis company are being allowed to get away with . My stupidity has cost me £30 because that was all the funds that was available in my account at the time .TLG loans did nt even inform me that i had been declined a completly different company contacted my self asking if they could help me, as my application had been denied . TLG who must be a broker had informed other company s that the loans was for consolidation where in fact i had applied for a home improvement loan . I am furious with my self for being so gullable but i think its terrible that any company could get away with such blatent fraud .

• Da
    Dawn Forard Mar 13, 2009

TLG took £49.99 from my son (who is 19 and only on 18 hours per week)they took it without permission and he has to now pay bank charges on top of £88.00. He has been told by the bank it is an Amercian company with offices you can't ring in stockport and he is unlikeley to get his money back he has had to change his bank details because be warned they can access your account again. I think this company should be STOPPED they are robbing people blind. PLEASE NOTE DO NOT TALK TO THIS COMPANY IN ANY WAY THEY WILL ROB YOU AND YOU DO NO NEED TO GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT AS THEY WILL DO IT ANYWAY.

• Zo
    Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

Now that you've had an extremely cheap lesson in how NOT to obtain a loan, have you folks educated yourselves about how legitimate financial organizations operate?

• Zo
    Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

Damned right I took your money!

I'll be coming after the rest of it soon.
    You should probably throw Kara to the curb.
    Stupid whore gave me crabs.

• Do
    donna nodding Mar 20, 2009

i have just gone onto my online banking and i have had £49.99 took frm my account when i have rang my bank they gave me a name of mr agi and a stockport number which is not available i am angry as this is my childrens money my bank have now cancelled the card so he cant take no more money and also they have set up fraud details as well as contacting the police as i read out to the bank what it says on the internet and what the person said about going for more this person will be stopped

99.99 charges

hi, i this company has taken out 99.99 without my permission from my bank account. the number they rang me...

charge on credit card

We have no idea why charges of $11.99 are appearing on our Bank Statement. We never noticed it until doing...

admin fee

You took an admin fee of 49.99 from me yet you have not given me a loan. In fact I have heard nothing from...

getting money out of my debit card with out me knowing why

for the past two months, this company has being paying itself from my debit card and I do not know who they are. I have been reading some of the complains, and how they being scam. I do not know how they got hold of my card. I have no idea what kind of services they offer, all I know is that they get $ 12.99 a month out of my debit card.I do not know what I AM PAYING FOR. DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHO THEY ARE?

• El
    ELHASSANE Jun 26, 2008

I don't know what to do, the take until now 105.90$.

• Ka
    Karen Jul 01, 2008

This charge appeared on my credit card. When I called the 800 number, their systems were down and unable to help me. I was instructed to call back in 10-15 minutes. You bet I will.

• Bl
    BLAIR RAFFERTY Jul 12, 2008

Charge against credit card without my consent. Never contacted company. No idea what they sell.

Mariah Jul 30, 2008

I was charged $35.99 and didn't buy anything. I was snatched off my page @ Columbia House DVD Club. My computer notified me of the false page, but they already had the CC#.

• Ke
    Kefy Oct 16, 2008

I have been charged by TLG*GREATFUN for more than a year now. I just learned about it last week. Due to the current crisis, I just wanted to check my transactions and learned that there is a charge I received from a merchant I never heard of and never had any business in any form or shape. I went on checking each of the back bills and learned that I was being charged by this company for just over a year! I am ready to fight. Any one has any idea how to go for this?

• Fr
    Frank Dec 26, 2008

I did not authorize withdrawing money from my acct.

• Rs
    rsolorio Jan 31, 2009

have been charging our credit card since Sept. for 11.99

• Sj
    sjlmmc Sep 12, 2010

I have a debit charge of $15.99 that I did not authorize and I do not know what it is for or how my card number was acquired

• Bl
    Black Hills Gold Town Sep 12, 2010

Simply call the toll free number on the back of your card and report the unauthorized use of the card. They'll charge back that amount and give you a new card number...

unathorized credit card charges

Miles Kimball gave these loosers my cc info. I could only get one month reimbursed back. Now I have to submit in writing to company, who I never authorized to charge my card. Miles Kimball is guilty of giving our customer information. I was given a refund for overcharged shipping costs. Great fun told me it was for a rebate. what a lie. Never will purchase from Miles Kimball in this lifetime again.

• Gr
    grueneman Jul 06, 2009

I can't find that we ever purchased anything from Miles Kimball, however, that is how Great Fun claims to have received an authorization to charge my credit card. Same situation. Thank goodness they only clipped me for 3 months @ $12.99 and was able to get one month back. This is a major scam by Miles Kimball and suggest that all boycott them as a result.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices