TJ Maxx-Metairie, Louisianashady practices-poor customer service

Bought a pair of jeans, tag never taken off-no problem at purchase time-when I attempted to return them today for a store credit (I was past the 30 days), the clerk scanned the barcode and said, oh no, this is for a white blouse, not jeans--I said the tag is obviously in tact, not tampered with, and as I purchased them with that tag, I don't understand--she went on to get two managers who said "we don't even carry that brand" go home and check for the correct tag"--again, I stated that I did not remove the tag, I don't know what brands they carry, I purchased those jeans from that store, had correct receipt in hand and was told that I was wrong---keep in mind that I have shopped at that store for over 15 years with no problems--I was made a fool of, as I left the store I said I would not be back---I immediately went home and filed a complaint with the BBB-I'll see what happens---
If this was a wrong tag, I can only believe that there is some unethical practices going on with the staff of this store!!!
Be careful and do not shop there unless you have a personal barcode reader------------Very Bad Place to shop!!!
And I would recommend you use a credit card--Unfortunately, I used my Debit card-----will not make that mistake again!!!