Tires Plus Total Car Care Logo

Tires Plus Total Car Care

Having problems with Tires Plus Total Car Care?

Tires Plus Total Car Care Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tires Plus Total Car Care Customer Service. Initial Tires Plus Total Car Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tires Plus Total Car Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tires Plus Total Car Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Tires Plus Total Car Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Tires Plus — poor oil change

I visited tires plus (Minot ND) to get an oil change. After being there for over an hour in the 30 min oil...

Tires Plusf... n con artists

My girlfriend went in for an oil change and they told her eher car needed 1, 400 worth of work for a head gasket replacement, and they proceeded to tell her that once they had a head gasket go out in the middle of the night in a remote area and they were left stranded. I am a mechanic and there is nothing wrong with her vehicle. I was unable to do the oil change because i was out of town. These people should be ashamed of themselves. In addition to that they told her that the wheel bearings were loose and her tire was about to fall off. Umm wheel bearings dont get loose the wear from friction yes and they can wear out but they don't get loose, again i am a mechanic. I am so pissed at this place, bunch of croooooooooks, . never go there never never never never.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

You're not much of a mechanic if you think wheel bearings can't develop play (many of them are adjustable). In some states the inspection only allows a certain amount of wheel bearing play, any more than the allowable amount and the vehicle fails. Just setting the record straight. On the other hand, yes, you have to watch out for any automotive company who uses commissions (or flat-rate in some cases) as a primary way of paying their people. When that is done, like the way Tires Plus does, then the mechanic has to find any kind of work he can sell to make a pay check. In extreme cases it makes it easy for cheats and liars to abuse customer trust. As such, it's interesting how they went from oil change to a $1, 400 estimate. I would have said no, too, but you should probably be more ticked about how they even got permission to check the vehicle out that deep. PS: I'd never trust a company like Tires Plus to disassemble an engine.

Tires Plus — the worst customer experience ever

The worst customer experience I have ever had. "Really" ... I brought my car in for an oil change, dropped it...

Tires Plusstay away from them

We dealt with the over priced quotes and extremely rude service from both "management" and staff at the Aurora, Colorado Tire's Plus. Our explanation from the manager about a rude staffer was "that's just the way he is, and we can't fire him for just being an angry person." Unbelievable.

General brake repair quotes for $800! Raditor quotes for $800! Run, don't walk from these con artists. They are in the business to make money off of anyone who is not smart enough to get second opinions. Think twice. Avoid these scams. Stay away from Tire's Plus.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

To an extent you are correct about Tires Plus trying to make the most money possible off of each customer visit, but who doesn't? I used to work for Tires Plus and quit when I couldn't condone what had become what I considered to be questionable business practices. Tires Plus has become increasingly worse about trying to squeeze the customer for every dime, but it usually comes in the form of add-on services like brake flushes or fluid services or vehicle inspections.They do, however, have one of the highest markups I've ever seen, and since they don't stock MOST of their own parts they can mark up their outside purchased parts as much as 400%. yes, 400%. Their excuse is that they need to in order to cover the nationwide warranty, but most of the parts they outside purchase come with their own warranty from the companies TP bought them from. Do understand that this is the way the entire industry is becoming as far as corporate run shops go. Every company wants you to spend all your money there, that's how they get bonuses. If you are facing a large repair bill it is well within your right to get a second opinion. In fact, I would recommend that if the bill seems extremely high. Also know this though, if you don't take care of your vehicle then you, yourself, are setting yourself up for a big repair bill down the line. Mechanics have a saying that rings true; "Pay me now or pay me later".

• Be
        bettye Jul 10, 2008

thanks, what city and state so i will know to go the other way

• Valerie Jul 07, 2008

Had a Goodyear tire develop a flat spot purchased from tires plus-they would not honour the warranty-I found out that they are not even an authorized dealer-they said my shock caused it-took it to sears were they honoured the warranty. Tires plus would not even answer the phone numbers they gave me to try to resolve this matter. They are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut. This was on a ford 150-about 4 years ago-I currently have about 220, 000 miles on the original shocks and the tires are fine.

Tires Plus — ripped me off, didn't do the work

I took my car in for a oil change, and they said I needed new radiator hoses, coolant flush, new tire...

Tires Plusinstalled wrong axels

I purchased 4 new tires for my 2005 Cadillac STS some months ago. Their are two different tire sizes that are required i.e different sizes for front and rear. At the time I also purchased the road hazard package which includes rotation, balance, etc. in addition to lifetime alignment. Every 5k miles I brought the vehicle in for an oil change with the instruction to check the alignment; never assuming that I also had to instruct the technician to balance the tires.

After approx. 20k miles on the new tires I began to hear significant road noise. I took the car in to the local Tires Plus store and discovered the front tires were beginning to "cup". I asked to have the alignment checked and inquired as to whether they had been balancing the tires previously. I was told no because I hadn't given those instructions. My reply was that I never left instructions to "up-sell" me on other services but the store management hadn't been reluctant to do so. It seems to me that your store would maintain a history and perform a simple tire balance as a routine part of alignments and tire checks.

As a result of this exchange I decided to seek replacement tires elsewhere and discovered that the Tires Plus technicians had originally installed the tires I purchased incorrectly. That is, they installed the larger size tires on the front and smaller on the back...opposite to the manufacturer's specifications. I have returned for oil changes and alignment five subsequent times and the mix up with the tires was never noticed.

After I brought this to the attention of the store manager, he offered to replace the two tires that were ruined. That promise was made three weeks ago and I still have not received any new tires. Even if I get the new tires, I'll have one new set and one set that will need replacing in a few thousand miles.

In addition to the tire fiasco, I've been advised to have replacement parts installed that when I checked with other auto technicians, discovered were not needed.

Regardless of how your company handles my tire problem, you have soured a previously good customer. Your store's reputation is suspect in my view and I will not hesitate to inform others of my feelings

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

Tires do not usually need balancing every 5K miles, and most shops will not do that automatically. In this particular scenario the customer came in specifically for an oil change which includes a tire rotation, but not balancing. They also gave specific instructions to check the alignment (which doing every 5K miles is redundant and a waste of YOUR time), but made no mention of the balancing nor complained of a vibration, and since balancing is not automatically done and the customer did not ask for it, it did not get addressed. This sounds like a miscommunication. Cupping is usually not caused by lack of balance, espcially on tires with lower mileage. The most common cause of cupping on a high end vehicle like a Cadillac is either a suspension problem which should have been found during the alignment check or a low quality tire being used when the vehicle was designed for a high quality tire. Not all tires are the same even if they are the same sizes and ratings. Since the vehicle had been there 5 times and rotation is a major part of the TP oil change I'm sure that a rotation was done and the tech, who was probably being hurried by management as usual, probably didn't realize you have a staggered tire size, so the larger ones accidentally ended up on the front. As far as the recommended work, not much can be said. If it didn't need it then they were either ignorant in recommending it or were trying to screw you.

Tires Pluscharge for services not rendered

I took my SUV to this location to have 4 new tires put on. I paid to have all four wheels balanced and a alighment. When I headed out to the expressway I noticed that the front wheels were shaking and this persisted. When I called I was assured that the wheels had been balanced and front end aligned and that the skaking had nothing to do with this. I took it back and they kept the car for a full day. They re balanced the tires. I left and the same condition existed. I took the vehical into the dealership where I had originally purchased the SUV and they examined the vehical. The first thing they pointed out the no one had balanced the tires as the weights were more than two years or older. The dealership did a new balance and the problem was fixed. I contacted Tires Plus and the instantly offered to refund my balance expense at the dealership. As I have come to find out that this is standard operating procedure at Tires Plus that they bill you for services that are not performed. Shame on them and I hope by reading this that shop elswhere.

charge for services not rendered

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

This is common within Tires Plus. The tire techs are pushed very hard by managers to do a job very quickly and this kind of management often results in unbalanced or misbalanced tires or worse. In a high pressure ultra fast paced environment it is easy for this to occur. Do know that an alignment will not cause a shimmy, but unbalanced tires certainly will. They did the right thing in taking care of your dealer bill. Good luck in the future!

Tires Pluspoor customer service

When I bought a set of tires last winter from Tires Plus in Omaha NE, I was told that they would put my snow tires on every winter at no charge. I made an appointment in advance for 10am this morning. When I dropped my car off I was told that they were backed up and it could be a couple of hours before they would have the work completed. It is now over 4 hours later and when I called I was told that my tires are considered low profile and they will try to have the tires on in another hour.This is really poor customer service and I am now having buyers remorse. I referred two friends to them this year who purchased tires. I will not do it again.

Tires Pluspoor alignment service, very poor!!!

I went for an alignment & wheel balance. I had a coupon for $20 off alignment and $15 off wheel balance. With the discount included, the total price I was quoted was at about $91, so I thought it was a pretty nice deal. I agreed to this price and was told this would only take about 90 minutes. Hence, I decided I could wait by taking a stroll at a nearby strip mall.About 40 minutes later I get a call on my cell from the mechanic trying to pitch me to buy new rear tires. I tell him, "I know my tires are a bit worn but I am not in the financial position right now to get new tires". He tries a few ways to get me to replace them, I simply tell him, no thanks.

Another 30 minutes later I am called up again and told I need to replace the tie rod on the right tire, which would cost me an additional $200!!!. "It's just too old and rusty that we can't do the alignment if we do not replace it", the mechanic tells me. Ok, all I planned to spend money on today was to get a wheel balance & alignment. I am not in the financial position to get anything else done. I was ready to just tell them - "Stop. Just charge me what you've done so far and I'm outta here." ... Frustrated, I walk back to the shop and have them show me what exactly they doing.

The mechanic shows me the needed rod replacement. Still unhappy, but with my car tires already out, I feel compelled to just let them finish. So I waited a total of nearly 4 HOURS to get the alignment & balance done and tie rod replaced.

I was initially quoted $275 for the tie rod + labor. On top of that was the $91 for wheel balance & alignment. I felt screwed over & did not hesitate to show my dissatisfaction. My entire bill then was lowered to a total of $242. STILL it was a LOT more than what I initially planned to spend that day.

It's almost closing time by the time my car is done. I pay my due and drive away. ... ONLY to discover a few miles down the road that my car's alignment did not seem to have been aligned at all!!! It still veered to the right as much as it did before!!!

I am not just dissatisfied. I am PISSED OFF at the utterly poor service this shop offers. Guaranteed I will NOT be a repeat customer and will advise everyone I know to avoid this shop at all costs. For a job that is so standard, their service is beyond dissatisfying!!!

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

For the commenter, you should never bring your really NICE EXPENSIVE CAR to a cut rate shop. Why buy and drive something expensive and then let the cheapest show in the area work on it? Dumb choice. To the original poster: If they showed you what needed repair, and you agreed to it and agreed to let them do the repair, then why are you complaining about THAT? It's completely possible that your tie rod end was seized and trying to get it loose would ahve damaged it and then it would certainly need replacement (though most of the time this can be remedied with proper working knowledge and procedure instead of replacing a part). In all, the customer did give permission to replace the part and then had the audacity to complain to the manager about the price he had originally agreed upon, which the manager was kind enough to adjust. Unreasonable. The alignment on the otherhand IS legitimate. I would have been back on their doorstep first thing next morning, telling them I was here for four hours and $250 bucks later my car still pulls.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

To the second commenter, that's what you get for trying to be cheap and taking your really NICE EXPENSIVE car to a cut rate shop. Can't feel sorry for you. Don't be ignorant next time. To the original poster, as far as the repairs on the tie rod end, if it needed it and they showed you it needed it and you gave the ok for them to repair it then you have no right whine and complain about the fact it needed the part and they fixed it. YOU agreed and YOU gave them premission to fix it. Then you had the audacity to go back on the original agreed-upon price and the manager KINDLY lowered the price in order to take care of your complaint and you still complained. Unreasonable customer! The alignment however is another thing. Corporate shops like this simply don;t understand the basics of a truly proper alignment. A real alignment is not something that can be banged out in 30 minutes, but that's what they sell you and what you pay for. In this case I would be on their doorstep first thing the next morning, telling them how you waited 4 hours for a repair and the car STILL pulls. THAT is a reasonable complaint. If they have any customer service whatsovever they should address your complaint right then and there.

• Al
                AllyMarie Dec 23, 2010

I received a horrible alignment from Tires Plus as well!!! They supposedly gave me an alignment but two weeks later my car was pulling to the right again, only now it drives extremely shakey too!!! I should've left my car alone because now it drives worse than ever and I have a really NICE, EXPENSIVE car!!!

Tires Plus — lies

On August 6th 2009 I purchased 4 New tires from Tires Plus. I purchased Road Hazard Warranty and lifetime...

Tires Plusbeware

Well, Let me say this, when you have a small leak and need an overflow tank, be careful. Why? my car was driven around after 3 1/2 hours without even the clips on the hoses and coolant was spraying ALL OVER THE ENGINE.. speaking of which, I dont even think they put beamer coolant as paid for and discussed, because after that, just a simple water filler...now thats not a correctly done tank flush and refill...

Hey it gets better, cabin air filter- top of the line with charcoal in it- YEAH RIGHT, opende dup the cabin air filter compartment and the cheapest filter, NOT charcoal, was inserted and the entire area was clogged with leaves and whatever else from over 8 years- They did not even remove the debris, left the lines clogged and put in a chinsy filter, NOT THE ONE THAT WOUDL COST ABOUT 39 RETAIL 49 there, but a 5 dollar filter, and so on... Lets go a step further- an air filter, how about not putting the hoses connected back on the clip and breaking one in half..YES thats right.. but the worst, to do preventative, and to hve neglegence of not clipping radiator hoses so that a car is spraying coolant all over it .. imagine if i did not know about cars, i would have made it 2 blocks and been on the side of the road... Ironically when asking about a fluch of the tran system and fluid repalce, i was TOLD NEVER ON A BMW, well guess what- YES it is recoomended for scheduled maintenance at 100K, IM at 96K. I am disappointed- what a disrespectful insult down to teh incomplete work that could have severely DAMAGED my car, when doing preventative.. and moreso, AN OUTRIGHT LIE, about a charcoal cabin filter- and 2 days of repairs deciding i will let them do it, as it was 10 bucks more than buying the good filter myself and putting it in, which takes all of 20 seconds..SCAM- to say to charge 49 bucks for the best filter and to throw in the chepaest and noteven clean the area..well? so, i paid tires plus because i have a credit card there, and now, i will be paying BMW to check the system, the broken line from the air filter, and why now my car IS NOT running great when it was running FANTASTIC. Lets go further, i was there 2 days in a row, 2nd day calling first to make sure parts arrived- well...the reason i was there for FOUR HOURS, was supposedly the waiting for parts??? another LIE, the parts were not there... I have a feeling BMW will be flushing my system AGAIN and replacing it with BMW fluid, or course which is 2495 a gallon, and i was charge dfor 2 to see the coolant all over my engine- which REALLY LOOKED LIKE WATER... in fact, what was blowing all over my engine from clips not reattached left absolutely not one spot of coolant color on the ground..hmmmmm ok 4995 for a tp of the line filter- and seeing the cheapest and all the area not even cleaned out-hmmmmm makes me wonder what else they did..I am mad, I am doing 100% preventative to my car to upkeep it, and getting lied to and having to worry that by upkeeping my car, thattires plus could have damaged it severely..I am calling them tomorrow, and also calling the credit card company to discuss what they did and the charges, at most minimal, if i see it is not 100% bmw coolant in my car, and of course the filter issue, I am disputing the charges and I am reporting to the state.

the mistake of the clips ok, I am empathetic, but the outright LIE about which part would be installed, I AM ANGRY AND WAS SCAMMED OVER THAT

Tires Plusair condition service

I had a new AC sysytem installed on my 2002 Chevy S-10 for the sum of $806.00. Two weeks after the install I returned to the Tires Plus center with concerns of a loud knocking noise. I was told that it was not my (New) compressor, it was my belt tensioner. This visit was not doccumented by means of a work order, they simply came out to the parking lot, opended my hood and and made the diagnosis.

I returned to Tires Plus a year later to have a front tire replaced and asked to have the "Knocking" noise looked at again. This time it was doccumented. Again, I was told it was the tensioner.

Well time has past (2.5 years) and my AC finally quit again. The knocking noise is much louder now.

After to returning to Tires Plus today I was told it would be $120.00 to diagnose (not to fix) my AC sytem. The mechanic said that the knocking noise is coming from the compressor. Since I waited "So Long" to have it looked at, they could not warranty the part.

In hindsight... the "New" compressor was bad from the start. Sure the compressor was working (cooling), but it was just a matter of time before it failed completely. I think they new all along that the compressor could have been bad and they just put me off and put me off and now that it has failed. It has been too long to warrant a warranty.

Bottom Line. Make sure that all work or complaints are doccumented in their system. Do not trust their diagnosis and get a second opinion.

Barron Booker
                [protected]@yahoo.com

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

Agreed, and also after a person spends that kinda of change and has a problem with it immediately afterward it's always good to get a second opinion.

Tires Plusfraud

Simple shock replacement turns into them wanting to do $1500.00 in work. Telling me parts need replaced when I know they've been replaced already. Telling me they'll be done in 30 min. here I sit 2 hours later.

Its bad when you're typing a complaint when you're sitting in the waiting area! This place is worthless. Fat lazy workers. Nothing better then watching them lolly gag in front of the car while the parts are sitting on the bench next to them.

He guy that tells me 30 min and gave the original quote is no where to be seen. Great customer service ###.

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

If a customer feels they are getting ripped off or they see employees loafing off and not working on their car, SPEAK UP! Especially when it comes to a quoted time. If they quoted you a time and they are significantly past that find out why. Your time is important too!

Tires Plusdon't go there, rip off

They charge $20 for a service that you get anyway...

This does not make any sense, how do these people sleep at night, knowing they are ripping people off. The mechanics check out your car thoroughly even if you don't purchase the tpvi...

Dont go to tires plus

Mechanics are on commission, they get paid when you spend money so naturally they are looking for faults with your vehicle and trust me they will let you know when something is wrong and even sometimes when there is nothing wrong with your car.

Again... Dont go to tires plus,

You will get ripped off one way or another.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

This is the problem when an autoshop tries to act like a retail store and pays people by commission. The only thing commission screams is SALES and that's exactly what they do. As one manager in the company said: SELL, SELL, SELL!! It simply creates and opportunity to sell TONS of services.

Tires Pluscrooks

I had to get my car towed from the highway for over heating. Closest place was Tires Plus. I told them them the problem appeared to from a leaky radiator. They confirmed that was the problem and gave me an estimate of $700.00, $400.00 for radiator installed plus $150.00 to flush system and $150.00 to replace a $6.00 thermostat. While I was waiting I was calling around for comps and prices ranged from $250.00 to $450.00, The $450.00 estimate happened to be another Tires Plus. When I told them I couldn't go for the price and was going to take my truck elsewhere they demanded $74.00 for the estimate, when I objected to the charge they proceeded to remove my valve stem on all four tire and removed the air, leaving me stranded. I had to call the police to get things shorted out and paid there estimate charge. They tried to royally screw me. Never ever take your car to the Tires Plus.

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

Wow. That's a pretty tall order, saying they deflated your tires. In all, yes, Tires Plus has one of the highest markups in the industry on parts they have to "outside purchase", that is, purchase from another vendor like Autozone or Napa. They do this because they do not stock much more than some brake parts, lights, and tires. A radiator and thermostat would almost certainly have to be purchased from an outside vendor. Markups can be on the order of 400% for some items, and most markups are controlled by the corporation, not the shop so much. A component that the shop purchases from a vendor may cost $19.99, but they will sell it for $89.99. The justification is because the said part covers a nationwide warranty and that markup is needed to cover that warranty, but sometimes the part is warrantied from the vendor. This vendor warranty may be difficult to track, however. As far as the diagnostic charge, if you agreed to the charge initially, then the shop has every right to collect it if you choose or choose NOT to do the service. That charge was probably what they initially had you sign for when you brought your vehicle in. If you DID sign for it, and you DID agree to it, then they have a right to collect that charge whether you have to work done there or decide to take it somewhere else. On a side note, if you did decide to take your vehicle somewehre else, they ALSO will probably charge you to do their own diagnostic, especially where an engine is concerned. Most shops would be reluctant to do repairs based on another shops diagnostic because there is a certain amount of liability involved. Hope this helps!

Tires Pluspoor service

I recently visited my local tires plus for and oil change and tire rotation. They finished the work in 45 min. Not the slowest ive ever seen but not the fastest either. Then on my way home to winona my tire falls off the car, driving the car on the rotor for a few hundred feet. When I get back to the shop they inform me that they cannot do anything and that they are not responsible. I do not understand, they were the last to take my tires off, why are they not cooperating. They are not going to hear the end of this.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

Of course it's their fault. That's why they are supposed to double torque wheels. In fact, the two mechanics who were supposed to do so also shoud have signed their signatures at the bottom of that multicolored sheet you got with your receipt. In a case like this your first call should be to the store, indeed. The next call MUST be to the corporation. DO not trust the store to call and report it to the company. They may try to wait you out. They don't want to claim responsibility because a wheel-off is a MAJOR occurance and multiple people would be fired over it. Tires Plus is notorious for rushing their mechanics, especially their oil and lube guys, and that is exactly how accidents happen.

• Be
                            Benny B Feb 07, 2011

If your going to Tires Plus store in Leesburg Florida be prepared to be disappointed and lied to. Bought a new set of tires, broke off a number of lug nuts, tried to cover it up. When asking two different(so called) mechanics I received two different answers. The tires bounced really bad, after taking them back six times and continued excuses and lies I just took them to another tire store and had them rebalanced and then they were ok. Also had a front end alignment and pulled to one side, had to go to another shop to have redone. They absolutely would not give me my money back, their warranty is a joke. Do your self a favor and stay away from Tires Plus...

Tires Plushorrible service

I dropped off my van at Tires Plus in Warminster PA on Sunday, with an appointment for an inspection and oil change. They told me that the equipment for testing emissions was down, and so it might take longer than normal. I called at the end of the day, and they said the equipment was still down but it would be fixed first thing the next morning. Monday came and they called to tell me that the equipment was STILL not working and it would take until the end of the day. They finally got the inspection done, and told me I needed a full set of tires and a new brake light to pass inspection. I agreed to buy new tires but refused to pay the ridiculous price of $15 for a tail light, and $30 for the pair. I told them I would purchase and install the new tail light myself. So I went to pick up the van, immediately installed the new bulb, went back inside to get my inspection sticker, and they said, "Sorry, you need to make an appointment for a re-inspection for us to put on the sticker." I was FURIOUS, after they held my van for two days and screwed up my whole schedule, now they are going to hold me up ever more for an appointment to check a single light bulb? I argued with them and finally got them to agree to look at the van as soon as they were done the car they were currently working on. I asked how long would that be, and the woman behind the counter said "I don't know, however long it takes." I said "why don't you just ask the technician?" She said, "It's not good to interrupt the technicians when they are working on a car, because it will delay that persons service." So wait a minute, its okay to delay MY car for two days, but you can't stop working on someone else's car for 15 seconds to look out the window and see that the brake light is fixed? I said, "I've bought four sets of tires here, and I've been a loyal customer for years, but I will never buy anything from here again.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

The customer decided that they did not want to pay $15 to have one bulb changed. The company said ok and moved on to the next customer. How are they to know you're going to come change the bulb yourself and demand a reinspect on the spot? Filling out the state required paper work in itself and finishing the emissions could take 15 minutes. That's a long time for a company thats operated like Tires Plus.Tires Plus does NOT have a spotless record when it comes to customer service, but this is where the customer should be fair. It was not the company's fault the emissions machine broke (which is VERY common I might add). The customer decided to leave their car there for two days. Here again, not the company's fault. Hundreds of dollars in tires, 2 and a half days in the garage, and the customer balks at a $30 dollar repair? According to the date stamp on the complaint I would deduce that the customers inspection was due at the end of November and the customer waited until the last minute, thus the reason they left their vehicle for two days, they couldn't drive it when it was out of inspection. If that's the case, than that, too, is not the company's fault. Common sense would say just get it done and get stickers on it.

Tires Plustotal lie

I purchased 2 tires from Tires Plus. A week later, on my way home, one of the tires exploded. Fortunately, I was only going 15 miles/hr when the event occured. This could have happened someplace more dangerous such as on the highway so I am glad that it did not. However, when I contacted Tires Plus about the incident, they told me that they would tow my car at MY expense and check out the tire. Then they told me that it was my fault that the tire exploded because I must have hit a curb or something. I know that I did not hit anything. The tire was just poor quality. I demanded a refund, but they refused to give it to me. They said that I should have purchased their "tire insurance" Something that was never offered to me in the first place. I filed a complaint with the BBB. A manager replied back to the BBB stated that the tire that exploded was not one that I purchased from Tires Plus. That was a total lie, and I still had the tire as proof. The matter remains unresolved, but I just wanted to get the word out that if you got to Tires Plus, you could be spending over $100 on a tire, that you will have to replace in a week.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

Tires Plus is notorious for terrible customer service at the store level, a simple call to the corporation will probably resolve this matter. If the incident happened within a week of having them installed then this should be covered under their platinum pact warranty. The road hazard warranty is an add-on that is sold at the time of purchase. it's designed to net the company more money at the time of service with the gamble that you wont return for the warranty or flat repair. If you don;t buy it then they try to get out of taking care of the customer by saying "well, you didn't buy the warranty". Do know, that irregardless of the tire, Tires Plus did not manufacture it. Therefore, if Tires Plus refuses to help you and the corporation will not help you then your next move would be to make a complaint to the actual manufacturer of the tire (whoever that may be). It's highly unusual for a tire to just blow out for no apparent reason.

Tires Plusawful, awful, awful

If you want to get a dent in your car while your getting your tires changed, then Tires Plus is the place for you.

I dropped my car off to get snow tires put on & received a call from the company that my car had been involved in an "accident" with another car in the parking lot. After getting insurance info. from the driver of the other vehicle, the Tires Plus manager refused to give me the company's insurance policy/information. They also told me my tire change wouldn't be ready for another hour or so. At this point they had already had my car for 5 hours! Once I finally got the call to get my car, my vehicle had been with the company for 8 hours and one accident.

I received no apology and no compensation for my ordeal. If that wasn't bad enough, they have done nothing to help me sort out anything with the insurance companies and refuse to answer our emails, phone calls, and letters about the accident. Now I can't even get my car fixed b/c there is a "pending liability" issue - in which my insurance company had found tires plus at fault but they refuse to answer phone calls. Now I'm being held responsible for a accident that the tire's plus employee was involved in. I know... how is that even possible?! I wasn't even there. I urge you not to take your vehicle there.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

This would be the time for your insurance company to get those high powered lawyers that you pay for every month involved. Tires plus should have given you their insurance info, but it's a moot point because your insurance company could get it too.

Tires Plusdon't do business with them

I see a trend in the complaints. I bought tires at the Gwinnett, Georgia store. I was quoted one price and when the work was finished the price went up (no product or work change). When I arrived I was then asked to give an immediate deposit so that they could go get the tires. No inventory may mean they are financially unstable.

I also experienced the advice that additional work was needed (rather costly work) only to find by second opinion that it was not needed.

This is not a business you can trust or rely on at all.

95eclipsers Feb 22, 2013

It's not uncommon for corporate tire shops to have to transfer tires from another store, but asking for a deposit is not commonplace unless the tires are a special order that cannot be gotten any other way. The price going up is very common with this company, as they only quote your for the work in question, rather than the whole bill. The add-on sales are also out of control and they will scour your car to try to find anything they can sell you, and this comes straight fromt the top level management, who pressures the store level employees to do this. Tech's get paid partially on commission, and to make even a decent paycheck they have to sell alot of service. If you think that this is not how an automotive shop should be run, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.