Tires Plus Total Car Care Logo

Tires Plus Total Car Care

Having problems with Tires Plus Total Car Care?

Tires Plus Total Car Care Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tires Plus Total Car Care Customer Service. Initial Tires Plus Total Car Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tires Plus Total Car Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tires Plus Total Car Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Tires Plus Total Car Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Tires Plus — over price

We went to Tires Plus to have a belt put back on - the belt is new this year. They charged over $50 (for 10...

Tires Plusfuse

This actually happened a while ago, but I thought I should warn other college students. When I was a sophomore at UGA, I blew a fuse in my dash board. Even though I am a girl, I am not an idiot when it comes to cars. My dad told me to take the car to Tires Plus to get them to put in a new fuse for me and get some other minor things taken care of (oil change and tire rotation). So I took my car to the TiresPlus on College Station. After a couple of hours, they told me the reason my dash lights did not work because the entire electircal routing in my car was bad and they were going to have to replace everything electrical, which was going to cost me about 800 dollars an hour for a few hours. They also told me they replaced all the fuses in my car just to be sure.

So, after listening to that line of bull, I got out of there. I didn't get any work done on my car that day.

The next morning, I went and bought a fuse at a local store for like 3-4 dollars and changed it myself. That was about 3 years ago and my car works fine. No other auto places have found anything wrong with the "electrical routing" sense then either.

The TiresPlus on College Station in Athens is looking to make easy money on any ignorant college girl with "daddy's credit card."

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

Tires Plus is extremely profit-driven, especially since they pay their techs with commission and their managers have to meet monthly quotas in order to get bonuses. This kind of management and pay scale could promote dishonestly in any shop. I would question what exactly they found that made them think that such numerous repairs needed to be made. Knowledge, however, is definately power when it comes to cars. Knowing how to replace fuses and why they go bad is something anyone with a car should know the basics of, and in this case it seems to have saved this lady alot of money. Though the diagnostic still sits in my mind, it never hurts to get a second opinion. Finding a shop one can trust, though, that's the next thing. Hope this helps!

Tires Plus — spark plugs tuned up

back in may took my car in get 8 new spark plus bills $154.00 for labor and platium bosch plugs, now i...

Tires Plus — indicating a problem when no problem exists

Brought the vehicle in for 2 new tires and a alignment. Service writer came back and indicated that I had a...

Tires Plusawful experience

I bought 4 'NEW' Michelin Cross Terraine tires plus the 'warranty' for a total of $841.91 from Tires Plus June 2017. At the time I, like millions of others, was unaware that you can find out when the tire was actually made by looking at the DOT# on the tire wall which gives the week and year the tire was manufactured. The long and short of this story is that I was sold 2 tires that were already 3 years old, 2 tires there were one year in age at the same full price, and was told by 'Howard' in Jacksonville Florida (district manager) that they are allowed to sell tires up to 5 years old to consumers. The NHTSA recommends that tires be replaced that range in age of 6-10 years of age. So, you can buy tires that are already 5 years old and get only 1-5 years of actual wear if you go by the Highway Safety Administration's guidelines. They additionally recommend that it also depends upon the make, model, mileage, etc. of the tire if you can expect to get as many as 10 years. Tires Plus will only offer you the difference between what the tread wear is and the actual mileage you have on the tires towards 'new' tires (whatever the age really is you would have to check again). And so basically they offer you nothing. My car's tires had only 29K miles on them and yet the tires are 8 years old, the car is 7 years old, and I bought them 5 years ago. I asked Howard if he would (since he's in the business and knows this information) if he would knowingly buy 3 or even the 5 year old tire and not only put them on his own car but also pay FULL price (like we the consumer is forced too). His only response was to state that he could say the same thing about what I do for a living (not knowing what my career is). And to that end, I am a Realtor and in no way have I ever met a buyer who goes into a transaction knowing how old the house is that expects to pay the same for a 3-5 year old house that they would pay for a house next door that was built in 2017! I hope that everyone reads this if for no other reason than to be aware of the age of a tire at the time you're in the tire store so you can make a better decision as to whether you're going to pay the same price for a 5 year old tire that's been sitting around in a HOT warehouse or if you would rather be smarter and buy a truely NEW tire for the same price!

• Ti
        Tiresplussucks Jun 09, 2010

Store # 268539 Herndon, VA

I had an appointment at 10:30 am for the oil change and tire replacement, and arrived there on time. I said I be back in two hours since I thought that two hours are enough for the service. When I get back at 12:30 pm, I noticed they just started taking out old tires. I waited about an hour more. When I addressed this problem, they didn't apologize, but said it's not that big deal to wait an hour, and the appointment doesn't mean anything to them. When I presented "On time gurantee" on the back of the invoice, they read it as if not knowing it. I got 10% discount for the next visit, but I'll never ever go there again.

• Da
        Dany Apr 23, 2010

Arrived 20 minutes early for an appointment to change oil rotate tires, They did not take car in for 50 mins from lot behind service counter, changed oil rotated tires as requested did not inform driver the vehicle was completed.

Total time at Tires Plus 110 minutes for a 20 minute max appointment and then had to ask if it was complete.

Salesman realy not bothered about time taken, other customers are also waiting for materials that had to be brought from other locations believe it or not they also had appointments.

What is the point of making appointments? when there is poor staff to follow through.

Tires Plus — scam - brake work

Tires plus has a $ 99.00 breake special, I was having rear shoes put on . this is what the mechanic did, he...

Grand Rapids

Tires Plusdo not care about personal

They fire store personel for not selling stuff as requested by district staff. They dont fix cars they sell what makes the agenda happy for that day. you can go in on monday and they will sell brake flushes and coolant flushes, tuesday they will sell trans svc and fuel svc and so on. And then this "tpvi" you must sell 2 or 3 or more a day plus get so many credit cards a day (known as cfna credit apps) or you will get a meeting then threaten or fired. This is not a mechanical repair shop but a scam to make the rich richer in the corporate world of Tires plus, they do not care about the customer at all.

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

This is absolutely true in so many ways. This company is terrible. What this complaint alleges is very true and has been done many times. This terrible form of management trickles down to the store level where store employees are forced to try and sell every little possible thing they can on each vehicle that comes in, and on top of that sell you one of their credit cards. If they don't perform nearly impossible feats they are degraded, forced to attend remedial meetings, written up or fired to be made an example of. As the upper management has said MANY times on it's emails: SELL SELL SELL! If you are considering employement with this company I would say STAY away! They promise you trips and management opportunites to get you in the door because they need more people in the shop to cover those who they fire or who quit outright. During hurricane Sandy this company forced all of it's employees in the affected regions to work in the storm, and even told them to call previous customers to try to get them to come in for service. Called it a "Hurricane sale". Threatened employees who wanted to go home to make sure their families were safe. Employees are told during snow storms that they WILL show up and work whatever hours are needed to sell tires, irregardless of the conditions. Management has no consideration for employee safety in such matters. Company has an extremely high turn-over rate due to management. STAY AWAY!!!

Tires Pluspissed

I had an alternator put on my son's car in May. In June, it stopped working again, so they did replace it. Well it stopped working again in July and they refuse to make it good. I paid $350 for this work and I am so pissed I don't know what to do. I don't have the money to go pay someone else to do the same work that Tires Plus did such a crappy job on. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get them to make this right. I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

95eclipsers Mar 08, 2013

In a case like this, when a customer will not get satisfaction at the store level, they then should work their way up the corporate chain until something gets done. If that won;t work, the only other option I know of is a civil remedy. Good luck in the future!

• Hj
            H. Jan Jan 04, 2011

I took my BMW to Wheel Work at 1499 Franklin St. San Francisco for 2 new rear tires. They charged me $1, 060.84. When I got home I was going to take a look at my 2 new tires according the numbers on the invoice. I only found 1 new tire. I went back to the store next day and asked them to show me the 2nd new tire. They could not. They said that they made a communication mistake at the store. I receive no apologies from them. I spent another 3 hours at waiting room for the installation of my 2nd new tire. They cheat and lie. Do not go near them.

• Hj
            H. Jan Jan 04, 2011

Take them to the local small claims court. They are no good.

Tires Plustotal car care... not so much

Long story short... a good female friend of mine had a 2000 Mountaineer with a 5.0 V8. Had a misfire caused by a bad coil so I came and helped her get the vehicle to TP as they were the closest place that was still open. The next morning they called to say all was well so she arranged to have a friend come pick her (+son) up so she could get her car. She paid $220 and left thinking all was well. Went to drive away and it misfired just as before so she went back. The store told her she needed a tune-up consisting of plugs and wires... in total the repair cost ballooned to $615. (Insanity!) To make matters worse, the "ASE Master Mechanic" installed the #2 plug wire directly ON the hot exhaust manifold. Who does this? I noticed this a few days later and rerouted and taped up the damaged wire. Contacted TP corp to complain as their "repair" cost $615 and lasted just over a week before her car needed attention at another TP location while she was 130 miles from home visiting friends. I requested a partial refund as this was a horrible experience for my friend (not to mention myself) but after bouncing numerous email with someone at TP corporate the store manager finally called me and offered only a few free oil changes. For the record, the exact same spark plug that costs $3.33 RETAIL will cost you $9 at TP. When you charge premium prices you should deliver premium service and not botch a simple job in such a blatant fashion. High school auto shop kids know better than to have ignition wires ON exhaust manifolds unshielded.

I have since emailed TP corporate asking to be put in touch with the store owner as their free oil change offer was nothing short of insulting, but that request was ignored.

They may be ok for Tires, but I would never ever trust them with basic car care again, especially since they don't appear to want to keep customers happy when something goes wrong. I've worked in this industry and know it goes a LONG way to own up to your mistakes and sometimes offer a refund to make right with your customers. This store does have friendly staff so they will smile and be polite as you pay twice the retail price for the parts they install. If they screw up you'll be offered a few free oil changes and be informed "that is why we offer the warranty" (so another store can fix their mistakes?)

I will never ever set foot in another Tires Plus store after this experience.

total car care... not so much

hibdon tires plus — tire repair

went in at12:30 to get a tire fixed. finaley got out at 4:20. kept moving me back time after time. said next...

Tires Plus — Terrible company!

My husband and I have been taking both of our cars to our local Tires Plus for a few years now because...