TheHorizonOutlet.comMisleading credit card company!

J

This message is to request an immediate refund of 79 dollars made to my chase freedom visa credit card for the payment of this problematic horizon gold credit card-store purchasing card with an initial credit limit of 500 dollars. Impossible to communicate with them via phone [protected] or thru their web site www.thehorizonoutlet.com-best regards -jorge callejas-telfax [protected]

• Br
    britt92tx Jun 19, 2020

& also, when I received the card, I was able to login on the website. I saw a bunch of cheap stuff that I would usually buy at a Garage Sale or Goodwill. Overpriced for a $500 credit line for what they are wanting people to sign up for. I will stick with Amazon & shopping in person at my favorite stores. When you call to cancel, be prepared for the long winded list of offers over the phone depending on who you get.

• Br
    britt92tx Jun 19, 2020

Sweet baby Jesus! I really hate I didn't pay more attention to what I was signing up for. I didn't get scammed, I just didn't read it thoroughly. Horizon Gold is an outlet shopping card for building credit by paying a monthly membership fee but it isn't a card for making withdrawals at the ATM & paying bills. Horizon Gold card is your basically signing up to pay a monthly fee to pay off your shopping bill while building credit. I was charged $29.95 the first time & when I called to cancel it for a refund, the agent would not give me my refund! It was like talking to a human Spam Ad! She finally initiated the cancellation process & I will get my refund in full in 3-5 Days. I had to call the customer service line twice just to make sure the last agent cancelled my membership. First & last lesson on paying more attention to what it is I am signing up for. Pay attention to detail on screen, be able to view the card if it has a membership date or an expiration date.

mary j. jones Dec 18, 2019

I got scammed too, i just got mine ad i really have no use for it...how do i cancel it without it hurting my credit ?

• To
    toyar Dec 11, 2018

I didn't even ask for the card it just came in the mail

Donna Broach Sep 17, 2018

Well i am in with everyone i got the same thing .They said the card was free but my bank called me a day or so and told me about the charge. I got the police in with mine i also refused the charge. I am really upset and i ask for my money back too. As of and hour ago i have not heard anything of them. Donna B.

• Ta
    Tammy Booth May 22, 2018

I just tried closing the account to get my money back and they won't close it.

Donna McMahan Feb 18, 2018

My fiance also thought this was a "regular credit card"!! He had a very hard time to just "activate" this "gold card after he received it!! Cannot get on the website, we can browse thru the "Horizonoutlet.com...while browsing...the stuff is of poor quality, ugly selection, ugly colors, very little choice of sizes, categories, and quality!!! There is also no way to compare either!!! This is such a bad business if it even is one.
    I sure wish I or he would have seen all of these reviews before he spent the money and time browsing. I sure hope that y'all have gotten your monies back!!!
    I'm so darn happy that we never tried to order any of their crap!!!.
    Now it's time to battle for his money back!!! I hope they get shut down...definitely reporting them!!!
    Good luck to all of you as well!!

• Bi
    Bimmy410 Jan 22, 2018

This place is weird! I received an email stating that we prequalified for a $500 line of credit. We are trying to get our credit better, so clicked the link to look into it. We have been scammed before so thank god I actually went and read all of the fine print and found out before I signed up that it wasn't even a credit card AT ALL and that you could only use it at their online store. So, then I went to their website to see what they had in their store and it wouldn't even let me look at anything unless I signed into my account. So, then I decided to look into some of the reviews that came up when I googled their website and thankfully I found this site! Thankfully I have been scammed before and now know to ALWAYS read the fine print and ALWAYS read real reviews about the product or company! I feel bad so many people got taken, but the only thing I can offer is to always to your homework on everything, especially if you have to pay upfront a membership fee or something like that! ALWAYS read ALL of the fine print, and if they make it impossible to understand (which most places do, unless you're a lawyer) then get a second opinion from someone, and ALWAYS look them up and read reviews (good & bad)...and check more than one place for reviews, some sites allow the companies themselves to write reviews, so just ALWAYS do your homework on EVERYTHING you buy, especially when it's online!!! You never know who may be on the other side of the screen from you, ya know!!! Well I hope this helps someone! Thanks for the helpful reviews, I will DEFINITELY NOT be applying for them now!!!

• Au
    AustenArcher Sep 16, 2017

* Same thing happened to me here in KS. Signed up for a genuine Credit Card according to what was shown and described. Ended up getting a Cheap Online Store Card with a mag-stripe that is fake also.-(talk about a Bummer especially when you need some $) I received a brochure with the card that says I have 30 days to cancel the card and receive a full refund for the $30 plus I spent in good faith. So of course after reviewing their website that supposedly has 8, 000 plus items and growing- all cheap junk with no recognizable names/brands and half the categories are empty or show the same Chinese made items over and over again.
    * So I call the cancellation number provided and the lady who answered acted like she did NOT hear my request to cancel even after multiple attempts telling her "that I just want the card Cancelled and a refund for my money...". Instead she kept blabbering on how this card was going to fix my credit after every monthly report. Each time I asked to cancel she would add a bonus to my card first by extending my credit line from $750 to $1250- a $500 increase, next she tells me that she would refund $10 of the original cost and I could still keep the card, then she gave me a free $60 voucher to the company with no expiration, she enrolled me in the 'bonus' benefits including roadside assistanse (not much bty), legal assisstance, universal RX Plan, and Credit Monitoring offered on the card, she then went on and on how I would now be reported to the Credit Bureaus every month as a person who is entrusted with $1250/month- (whether or not any spending is done). Strangely though when I received this card the brochure made it very clear that "the company does NOT guarantee that my credit will be reported to the Credit Bureaus based on this card..." -so somebody must be wrong". Finally the lady extended my next payment date to a later date and informed me that if I needed an extension to call in and that could be arranged as well. They seemed desperate to keep me as a member. So in light of this I'm giving them a chance to keep good on these promises. - Sure hope I don't regret this.
    * If all of these promises are kept- mainly that my credit score be reported monthly as positive credit action with increases in my score. I will hold onto the card for that. If Not then that Card will be a gonner and the company will hear from me as I will hold them to their promises- Especially since the call was recorded fortunately.

dollyemma Aug 11, 2017

I just had gone through my paperwork and found the letter. I was going to activate it but then I saw this site. In fact I don't even know where the card is but I never got a bill.

I'm so look glad I found this site. I do know how you all feel because six months after my Yorkie died one of my neighbors had slipped an envelope under my door and in it was $1, 000 so I could get another dog because she said she saw how much I loved and cared for my dog. Well I applied to an add in the classifieds online for a Yorkie, well in the end because I wasn't really paying attention and was still grieving, I was scammed out of all my money!!! By the time I realized it I was shaking, crying and sloop mad at them but a lot more mad at myself. I called police and filed a report but they said there is nothing you can do even though I had all the receipts. He said people are so sophisticated now they can make anything real. Now I have no dog, no money and don't know who it was that gave me the money and if she sees me I won't know what to tell her. People like this are going to burn in bell and I'm going to watch from Heaven and laugh!! I was told that if you are scammed from a company like this, ALWAYS report it to AG. The more people do this the more they pay attention!!!
    Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get your money back and thanks to all of you on this site, u have saved me from losing more money I don't have. I'm on SS so especially today for everyone every dollar counts!!!

Jackie Betters Aug 06, 2017

This company led me to believe they were a credit card company. When I called them to cancel they gave me all this mumble jumble about giving me a higher credit line and they would lower my fee to 29.98 they said I could cancel it after I got the card and used it once. So I did as I was told. I ordered a dress for my 23 year old granddaughter. The dress was so cute and age appropriate online but when I got it I cried. It was cheaply made and ugly. My granddaughter took one look at it and laughed. She said "you're kidding right" how can we cancel this card if no one will talk to us.

• Ra
    Ralphina Dec 07, 2016

I am in the same position;
    I received the card in November, but I did not that the expiration date was 11/16.
    Besides, I took an entire day trying to find a decent Christmas gift for my family to no avail; No female coats, jackets small size only etc.
    Now I have to fight to keep from having to pay for a card I will never use!!!

Jonathan Nemec Dec 07, 2016

All of you people that keep saying the same thing that it is a credit card, you guys need to read the terms of it. It clearly states that it is a credit card for their online outlet store only. You think that they are scamming you guys but you're clearly not reading everything right. That is the reason why you can't do anything about it. They have their terms on here and you just don't read it.

• Cy
    Cynthia McCabe Aug 29, 2016

Do you think that its

• Te
    Teresa Lynn Bedsaul-Hill Jul 30, 2016

I just got the card as well and was scammed thinking it was a Visa card, I had planned on using it to fund a new business I signed up for then was going to pay the balance off, I had no idea it was a store card. I needed it to purchase my Rodan +Fields Business kit, now I don't know how I am going to do it. I am cutting the card up sending it back with a letter and placing a stop pay where they are not allowed to take any money from my account.

• Al
    alfredvelina Jul 23, 2016

This card that cost me $89.95 was a ###!let's all get together as victims of this fraud to get these greedy mother F's. Get our money back!

Comments

• Ta
    Tara Barnes Jul 23, 2016

have not signed up for the card because I read the terms agreement prior to signing up for anything. once I realized this is an online store outlet that reports to your credit--yeah right. i decided against it. i also unsubscribed my name from their email list. come on people you have to take responsibility and more importantly take time to read.

• 69
    69Emoney Jul 22, 2016

They got my 39.95 and told me I had a 500 credit limit so when the card came I pull up the site and its to a damn outlet you have to buy stuff from them after reading some of the reviews I was like hell neah I call to cancel this card I had to go there three people before they would refund my money, , , , they tried to increase my credit limit to 1000 to stay with them again I told the third person hell neah give me my money back !!! the damn girl finally get I was not playing she refund my full amount of 39.95

• Ha
    Hanah Small Apr 17, 2016

I got a card that i thought was a good card to use for my grandkids but i couldn't get nothing from them.the card is no good and you can't get on their website.or get them on the phone.i want my refund back.i am a cancer patient and i can't work. Please help me get my money back.

• Di
    Diane M. Danbury Feb 29, 2016

I just realized after reading these post that this company is a scam. They took out $29.95 from my account. Now I'm going to the bank tomorrow & block them from getting anymore money from me. What a bunch of pigs. How dare they feed off of people who are just trying to get a credit card to try & get their credit score fixed. They should be ashamed of their selfs. What a bunch of scabs. Good luck to the rest of you people. Hope you get your money back. Diane Danbury

Marsh1dawg Feb 21, 2016

They Lead me to believe that this was a real credit card not a store card got to get this canceled right away

• Cu
    Curlisa Feb 21, 2016

So yes this card is absolutely a scam I received it in the mail & I activated it & when I tried to go back on the website to log in to the shop it keeps saying either my card number or zip code is wrong when I know my information is right .I had no problem when I initially put the information in. However they didn't take 89.00 dollars from me but they did debit 6.95 from my account. I am glad i read these reviews!! I will be calling my bank immediately to change my account number. That's a shame how people try to scam money out of you!!!

• Ho
    Horizon free Feb 01, 2016

Glad I read complaints before I activated the card. This is horrible! Had a feeling it was too good to be true. If you know anyone else applying for this card, tell them to cancel before activation and get a refund. Everyone else do a chargeback if you can or stop transaction with account. Everyone should file a complaint with the BBA. Hopefully they can shut these fools down. Good luck to you all.

• Ha
    happyhippy Jan 28, 2016

I am so Glad I decided to check the review on this I just filled out my application and was getting ready to pay the fee to get it and thanx to you guys that spoke up I am not getting the card ! Thanx for the warning and God bless and be with you all and abundantly bless you with your money back somehow and Lord please exspose this company in the mighty name of Jesus ..Amen !!! Have faith and pray that this company gets shut down !!!

• Ki
    Kimber15 Jan 04, 2016

I had thought the same thing all of you did that it was a credit card to rebuild credit. Then I found out right away and tried to cancel it and they lowered my rates and increased my credit !!! I am still trying to cancel the card !!
    Every time I try to cancel it I don't get any help from customer service. I am going to try to cancel it again because if I have to go through my bank I will have to get another bank card, and this is a huge pain in the ###.

• Bi
    Bigivan Jun 17, 2015

even a credit card's scam? that's unbelievable, i really hate all these criminals!

• Ev
    Evelyn M37 Jun 17, 2015

Just like y'all I thought I was getting a real credit card but I got a fake. Let me know when there's a lawsuit because I need my money.

• Ve
    Very Upset person123 May 18, 2015

Can't get in contact with this company plan on calling the better business on these people, I don't even have a logo on my card

• Im
    imJustTemporary Apr 20, 2015

It says clearly in the terms and conditions. I for one Never read the terms and conditions of anything. They aren't affiliated with any visa or anything to that nature.I'm soooo glad I read them.Sorry that you all got played. But for future reference...read Everything

• Be
    better not try it Apr 10, 2015

i have been scammed also this is another way someone thought of to rip off people who are trying to get ahead I wish it was something i could do to get my money back if anyone has any suggestions please post it. We should all get together and whoop some ###

• Je
    jenn maggio Apr 09, 2015

I got scamed too... thought it was a credit card but was a card to there store witch they have old items and then when i went to check out they wannted $60 from my other card for shipping and handling r u kidding me this is a joke... i want my $30 dollers back asap... i just recently lost my job too and the reason i applyed for this card was to have extra money and build my credit !!! This card is phoey and i want my money back !!!

• Pe
    Perry Keeton Mar 28, 2015

I was thinking the same as you guys, How can we just get our money back/? These people need to be put in prison. Im on SSI . I cant afford this scam, please if you can help, please text me or gmail me.. I need some Financial help.and advice .I am 57 years old, worked hard all my life. raised 5 kids that wasnt mine. I gave them love, and made sure they went to school. I never thought I would get sick and not be able to take care of myself. My Engine in my car blew up .I need $650 dollars to get it fixed.please if anyone can help me!. I would be so thankful, my name is Perry Keeton 6038 se stetson rd belleview florida 34420.# [protected] e mail;[email protected] my chrysler 300 it needs a motor. So I can go to the doctors ive been bad sick now 1 1/2 yr. Thankyou for your time and care.

• Co
    Coreen Howard Mar 23, 2015

nice to be able to vent but would be nice if could give info to recover $'s stolen by bogus company

• Kt
    ktod42 Jan 11, 2015

If anyone ends up in this situation where they tried to cancel the account and the company would t allow it. Go to your bank immediately and have them block the company from taking any more moneh out of your account... I live by this now " If it sounds to good to ve true, then it probably is!!" I hope that everyone got their money back, I was in the same boat and got took. I tried reporting it and figured nothing came of it. Then about 3 years later maybe in 4, I received a check in the mail from some law firm for 109 dollars and some odd cents. I was like wth is this?? Then I read the letter thoroughly and couldn't believe it. I had gotten my money back. They sent me 2 additional checks one for another 65.00 and the last one was for I think 4 or 5 dollars. At least I kne people were getting paid back even after such a long wait. It's horrible to prey on people looking for help to repair/rebuild their credit and willing to spend the last of their money to get help! If anyone is still looking to repair their credit capital one has a secured line of credit. Go to their sites or just look up credit cards to rebuild bad credit. And only go to sites that you can confirm are real and with names you know! I paid 100 dollars for my capital one and recieved it in mail a week later with a 350 line of credit. I gives you options to increase your line of credit if you make payments on time. It has helps so very much. I hope that anyone who reads this can get help for their repairs... goodluck.

• Ms
    ms hardwick Dec 21, 2014

Well I just got the card and I haven't use it what should I do I wanted a credit card not this

• La
    Larry ramey Dec 19, 2014

I'm calling my bank and stopping payment they're a bunch of frogs scam artists

• La
    Larry ramey Dec 19, 2014

this card is a bunch of bull.ripping off People off - getting a credit card as you feel it out online for credit card as A Visa card not in store credit card

• Sm
    SMH Scam Nov 13, 2014

I am in the same boat. Thought I was getting a real credit card. SMH

• Ky
    kyd Sep 30, 2014

I THOUGHT CC ALSO, GOT CC..WENT TO HORIZON OUTLET.. I NEVER SEEN SUCH PENNY MATERIAL!!!...CANCELLED CARD..ALSO THEY CHARGE 29.95 PER MONTH TO USE!!!

• Hu
    Hubert Wise Sep 28, 2014

The card is a first class rip off