TheBay.com / Hudson's Bay Company [HBC]online ordering/shipping

Y Nov 14, 2019

I still have yet to have anyone contact me regarding this matter. It has now been over a week since I initially registered a complaint online, and 2.5 weeks since speaking with someone on your 1-800-521-2364 number.

I placed my order (#[protected]) the evening of Saturday October 26th. Prior to placing my order I had updated both my shipping and billing addresses to reflect my current address in Calgary.

I double-checked this by signing out and back in to my account, to make sure that the changes had been uploaded. They had. When placing my order, the Calgary address came up - so I did not think to print that page, as a receipt was to be mailed to me. However, after logging out, when looking at the receipt it had reverted back to the Ottawa address. I called the 1-800-521-2364 on Sunday October 27th to make sure that the order would come to the right address. After my account was looked up I was assured that the right address was on the account, and that there must have been a 'slow glitch' somewhere in the system.

On Monday October 28th however, I received a message saying that my package had shipped to the address in Ottawa. Somewhat frustrated, I looked up the tracking and relaxed slightly when it seemed as though it was being sent through Canada Post, as there is a postal redirect in place. I waited for a delivery/notice of delivery and nothing arrived. Finally on November 5th I looked up the tracking again, only to discover that the package had indeed "arrived" at the address in Ottawa on October 30th. I immediately sent in a customer service message (case [protected]). I have obviously moved several provinces away and could not go and check on the delivery, nor do I know the new residents at the house in Ottawa. I did however ask a neighbour to go over and check to see if a package had been delivered - and when she managed to catch them on November 7th, she was told nothing had arrived.

I waited more than the "48 hours" that is the 'claimed' response time (from Nov 5, 2019, at 8:36 AM to Nov 9, 2019 at 3:05 PM), and finally sent another message to the email address where it says "If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us and refer to case [protected]. CONTACT US NOW " on November 9th (case [protected]).

I STILL have yet to be contacted after waiting an additional 5 days. I even allotted for Remembrance Day. By this point I feel that I should have AT MINIMUM have been contacted by a member of your customer service team. This is appalling customer service, and something I would not expect from an heritage institution such as the Bay. To say I am shocked and disappointed is an understatement.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting to find out how the Bay intends to rectify this matter given I have not received the items that I ordered, but have paid for them. My next step will be to contact the Better Business Bureau, as that seems to be my only recourse.