The Salvation Army USAdiscrimination and harassment

P Review updated:

Me and my children have been living in the family dorm at the Austin location for barely 4 months now. Every sense we've been there it has been staff harassing us. And only African American families. There's been a Hispanic family that had a weapon in their room. They cause confusion and conflict amongst the entire dorm, but never gets disciplinary action for it. Because the case manager calls them her best friend's. Myself as well as several parents have tried to reach out to Mr. Jay which is the supervisor and he does nothing. Now their telling everyone but that particular family. And they've been there for 6 or more months. They only gave me a one month extension. But I decided to not leave and stay here where my job is located. I've been on my job for barely 4 months. I have obstacles in my way to where it is hard to find a place so only thing left is to keep trying. But how if we don't have anywhere to go because we're not from here. Can you guys please fix this matter and help us please.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Dec 31, 2017

This website is not directly affiliated with the Salvation Army, therefore you will need to contact them directly. That being said, do you pay to stay there? If not, you cannot necessarily expect an high level of service.

• Tr
    trishiann hellums Jan 15, 2020

my wife has been going to this salvation army in pontotoc miss, located at 303 west reyonalds st. she has been treated cruel and judged my her looks. she is 65 and looks young for her age. she has spent i don not how much money in that place, i am sick if this on how she is treated. she has been a customer for almost 2 years, and spent a lot of money, on clothes sheets sets, ect. [email protected] the manger is no better her name is julia.

• Do
    Dorothy Brownn Jan 17, 2020

My name is Dorothy Brown and I entered the Salvation Army Center of Hope where Rosa was the shelter manager and DaRhonda Metze was the Director. It was the most horrible experience in my life. The Staff was on Crack, the Residents were on Crack, and the kids were on Crack. I was humiliated every single day. For money, cigarettes, and a light. Six women jump on me, for four pieces of Crack a piece. Jackie Cunningham and Donna McPherson headed the whole crusade. they were following some Crackhead Book. a conspiracy against my entire family. Killing us and treating us like Crackheads. No matter what our acheivements were. Holding my Housing voucher, "If those Crack People come after me. I'll have some place to go." Charlotte has 4017 Crack Addicts and 706 of them are White. "I WANT MY HOUSING BACK."