Delta Dental Plans Association Logo

Delta Dental Plans Association

Having problems with Delta Dental Plans Association?

Delta Dental Plans Association Customer Service Contacts

1515 West 22nd Street, Suite 450
Oak Brook, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Delta Dental Plans Association Customer Service. Initial Delta Dental Plans Association complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Delta Dental Plans Association above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Delta Dental Plans Association. Discuss the issues you have had with Delta Dental Plans Association and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Delta Dental Plans Association Complaints & Reviews

Delta Dentaldelta coverage or non-coverage as it were

I have cancelled my Delta Dental plan because (1) their network is virtually non-existent in the DFW metroplex and (2) their reimbursement rate is so low that its cheaper for me to put the premiums in a savings account and just pay cash for services. I have no doubt that the reasons that the Delta network is small in our area is because they pay providers so poorly!

Please consider a new Dental plan that provides decent coverage - United Healthcare, Aetna, Physicians Mutual, etc. all have them and offer much better coverage for much lower cost. Please don't let what Delta is willing to pay AARP for the abilty to be "the chosen one" to be the reason for selection. Your members deserve better!

Delta Dental Plans Associationerroneous billing... after account closed

I have been in contact with delta dental by phone and email. By phone was a "disaster" as rep on phone tried to talk me out of complaint stating I was not billed and yet bank account shows I was (autopay feature). I complied withier stringent rule: you have to submit a letter in writing via US Postal Service, I did, received a letter back stating confirmation of account closed. Then I filed a complaint with BBB.. got a run-a-round from Delta dental asking me to prove I received a confirmation of account closure and asked to submit a copy of confirmation letter (they have no procedure to search their own records it appears). I did that only to receive a notice they could not read the copy of their cancellation letter. Obviously Delta Dental has implemented procedures to obfuscate complaints.. their over-all rudeness is enough to make one want to stage a sit in protest at their headquarters... just to expose them for their fraudulent billings. There should be a class action suit filed to recover losses with punitive damage awards for stress and frustration rendered by their lack of concern for customers. Delta Dental is just another scamming company.

AARP Delta Dental — Pre estimate claim

i have had them since 2 years anypaper work submited.will not come back.If seniors have to deal with them al...

AARP Delta DentalPremium refund

On 10-26-2015 I called AARP Delta Dental to pay my monthly premium of $58.78. The representative took my credit card information over the phone but incorrectly added $117.56 which I did not find out about until the next morning (10-27) when I checked my checking accont online. I immediately called Delta Dental and a rep said she'd get the $117.56 refunded ASAP by sending a request to the supervisor in the billing department. I told her that the extra unwarranted amount had overdrawn my account. She said Delta Dental would pay any overdraft fees. I had been led to believe that a refund check would be sent to me immediately after a supervisor approved the refund. On 11-04 I called back since I hadn't received a check. The reuqest still had not been signed off on by any supervisor and of course no check had been sent to me. I spoke to a member of their "Loyalty Team" who said she knew someone in that department and would try to get the sign off expedited. It is now 11-09-15 and nothing has happened!! This is unconscionable! Jofannie Karla Enrollee ID: [protected]

• Sh
          shorelinegirl Feb 05, 2016

I enrolled for AARP Delta Dental online in January 2016 and authorized a three month premium payment in the amount of 119.58. A week later I received two separate computer generated letters with different account numbers confirming my enrollment effective February 1, 2016.
          I called customer service and was told, yes, there were two accounts initiated in my name but she could not tell me if an additional charge was made on my credit card. Customer service said the issue would be corrected and a check would be issued for the over payment for the 2nd account. On January 29 I received a computer generated letter indicating my policy was cancelled per my request. In addition to the letter dated January 29, I received a check in the amount of $119.58. I called customer service once again to check status of my enrollment. Customer service confirmed dental coverage on February 1 and said the check was for amount of charging my credit card a 2nd time. I cashed the check as instructed by customer service but on February 3, my bank received a "stop payment" order on said check which caused my balanced bank account to nearly bounce an outstanding check. My bank charged my account $12.00 in addition for the transaction requested by Delta Dental. I called customer service for status and reason for the stop payment. Customer service said my insurance was effective February 1 but could not explain the stop payment but said my credit card was charged an additional $119.58 for a total of $239.16 for six months instead of three as requested; all without my approval. In the month of January to February 1, I called Delta Dental six times (two extra due to terrible phone connections) to correct their errors in my enrollment. At this time, I am so frustrated and angry. In good faith, I enrolled in Delta Dental approving a three month payment by credit card in January. In the matter of weeks, Delta Dental created two accounts in my name; charged my credit card twice in error. Sent a refund check to me for the amount of $119.58 and days later initiated a "stop payment" on the check causing my bank account out of balance; a charge of $12.00 bank fee was also incurred for the stop payment. Delta Dental then charged my credit card $119.58 for 3 additional months for a total of six months premium without my approval for a total of $239.16. In addition to my frustration, as a senior on a fixed income, the errors made by Delta Dental cost me interest on my credit card, checking account out of balance and a $12.00 fee. I have no confidence in Delta Dental and cancelled "officially" the enrollment on February 4. Customer Service said a refund of $239.16 will be sent to me in 14/21 days. They said I must make a copy of my bank statement with the $12.00 fee and include a letter to ask for reimbursement. No assistance provided to help me. The fiasco of enrolling for dental coverage cost $239.00 I did not approve; $12.00 bank fee; interest charged on my credit card; cost of printing bank statement, time and fee to copy letter to attempt to recoup the fee; stamp. No solution or help was offered with all errors made by Delta Dental. I have no dental insurance. A nightmare experience.

Delta Dental — delta dental wont paid bill owed to dr. clarke's office

My husband and I both had work done at Dr. Clarke's dental office in 2009. Never had a problem with...

Delta Dental Insurance90 Day Waiting Period for Root Scaling

I had tooth and gum pain that began in mid-May. I have been struggling with it since. My gums are very inflamed, red and swollen, making it very difficult to talk and eat. I have not been feeling well because of it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm running a fever because of it and feel tired a lot of the times. I have also been breaking out into little red hives, which started soon after the mouth pain, so I think they're related. I had an appointment with my periodontist today. I had taken a sick day from work because I did not know what was causing the inflammation and pain, and I expected whatever needed to be done was going to be more extensive than just a regular cleaning. My periodontist first took x-rays, then measured my gum pockets, and did a regular cleaning to determine if I needed a root planing. Based on the results, my dentist said that a root scaling was needed. They could do half the first time, and then the other half the next. I said I am willing to have the first half done today, if they can fit me in their schedule. I have already been in enough pain, and I did not want to wait any longer. They looked and said they did have time today. S0 I ate breakfast, ran a few errands in between appointments. I come back and the receptionist informs me that they have called Delta Dental to see if it was OK to do the root planing today. They told her they wouldn't cover the root scaling today, and that I would have to wait 90 days before I could have it done, if I wanted them to cover it. My root planing without insurance would cost me $800.00. With the insurance, it would have been $140.00. Big difference in cost. I was really disgusted with this decision, and decided to call the Delta Dental myself and complain to them. Delta Dental told me that this was their policy. I asked them what is the basis for this policy, and they couldn't give me an answer. I said the doctor and I have already determined that I need this root planing as soon as possible, so why the 90-day rule. I told them it shouldn't be up to you to decide if and when I receive care, especially when you are not the one who's actually providing the care. I told them this policy allows for negligent care, and that I would complain to the Better Business Bureau, and even sue them if that's what it came down to. Still they would not budge, and only thing they did was provide me with an address I could mail a complaint to. I am so angry with them. What if I had oral cancer and the insurance company just decided that I'd have to wait a year to have anything done about it. Think about that one. What right do insurance companies have in telling patients how long they have to wait before getting treatment? Having to wait for care is just plain ridiculous!

Delta Dental of Rhode IslandRefusal to Pay on Claims

On more than one occasion claims were submitted to Delta Dental of Rhode Island and on more than one occasion there was a refusal to pay with tons of double talk on their part. A claim was made for the balance of orthodontia work. They cover this work, but the work was started by Met Life and they used the excuse that because we started with Met Life, Delta Dental would not pay the remaining few hundred dollars. They said if we had started the work with them they would have paid the balance. Does this make any sense? The next problem was they would not pay for a root canal evaluation because they said I had one this year. It costs $85.00 and my balance for the year is between $600 and $700. What difference does it make if I had one for the year. I have the allowance so why can't I use it? My husband had periodontal scaling done, but they would not cover it because they said he had no history of gum problems. How is one supposed to have a history of something if they cannot begin one? I have never had issues like this with other insurers. I feel that whenever a reasonable claim is made this company is going to throw a monkey wrench in and not pay up. What does one do? We pay premiums and opted for the "best plan" they offer and this is what we get. Unfortunately, we do not have a choice in the matter, as this is what my husband's company offers. What will the next denial be?

• To
              tooterbean Dec 28, 2010

I'm going through a similar experience but through Delta Dental of IL. I've contacted them twice so far just get the run around. Next year we won't be going through this company for dental insurance. What a joke!

• De
              Delta Dental of Rhode Island Nov 30, 2010

Dear Anita,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and allowing us the opportunity to respond to you directly. We have researched each of the three issues you described, and contacted you by phone to discuss in more detail. We hope that we have resolved these issues to your satisfaction. Your dental health is very important to us; however, state and federal privacy laws prevent us from directly responding to your concerns via a public forum.

Sincerely,
              The Delta Dental of Rhode Island Customer Service Team

Delta Dental — refunds

joined delta dental not knowing how they work the system i pd them 99.04 on 11-25-09 then 49.52 a mo i never...

Dental Insurance Delta DentalRefusal to assist client

This has been an ongoing complaint with this insurance agency and no matter who you complain to and this includes the state dental board, Nothing changes,
            My spouse is a federal employee for the USPO and Delt Dental continues his payroll deductions and has not paid for my Oral surgery by their preferred Surgeon. The surgeon wants his $600 and is threating collections!
            Delta dental is aware and not responding and I have no front 4 teeth for almost 2 years now!!

• De
                Dental pro Apr 01, 2012

Ask your insurer this...is the holdup due to medical insurance being primary for extractions? Or is another dental carrier 'thought to be primary'? Insurers may not pay anything until they're sure no other company is

Delta Dentallies about insurance

I have Delta Dental in Calif. I pre-determined Dentist was a Preferred Prov. which allowed me abt $450.00 of coverage. I get bill, turns out they are not, and I am out of benefits, I am charged the FULL amt. Office staff said they did not call Delta before treatment, I feel this tactic is a rip off becuase it's a way of making a lot more money, just make the consumer PAY! Which agency in Calif can help me? Where do I go to report them?

AARP Delta DentalCoverage refusal

I pay my premiums on time, and I comply with the requirements of my plan. I had dental scaling on both sides of my mouth, which AARP Delta Dental pre-certified as covered. I complied with their plan requirements as stated in my manual. After I had the scaling, AARP Delta Dental reversed itself and is now refusing to cover $100 toward the scaling. On June 1 2009 I filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department against AARP Delta Dental about this refusal. When I spoke to the Insurance Department agent handling the case on July 7, 2009, she said that AARP Delta Dental had requested, and been granted, an "extension" on the deadline for responding, saying they needed the extra time to gather their information to present to the Insurance Department. I am entitled to have this procedure covered. Through my dental provider's office, I have been told that AARP Delta Dental is claiming that I had scaling twice on the left side of my mouth, according to their records, and that's how they're justifying their refusal to pay. My provider, U of Penn Dental Clinic, says that they have provided AARP Delta Dental with accurate information, reporting that I had the scaling on both sides of my mouth, and that AARP Delta Dental pre-certified the treatment.

delta dental andJoseph Faroosh

Second complaint filed against Dr Foroosh and his underling Dr Dexter Dejesus for refusing service to me in 2008.
                  ALso their neglect and slow treatment nearly resulted in my having Oral Cancer from teeth #s 30 and 32. These Dentists were well aware of the danger these 2 teeth would cause and did little except prescribe
                  Amoxicillin for 2 weeks (Nov '08)
                  Now, they are threatening to send my account to a Collections Agency
                  for non-payment of $54.00. Yet there is no description of what service
                  this amount is for.
                  Delta Dental (my insurance provider) is aware of this situation and
                  recommended that I switch Dentists.
                  However, I still have no resolution to my dental needs and I am certainly not going to pay Desert Dental

Delta Dentalchanging ada codes to pay minimum benefits

Our office has been billing delta dental for a long time and the past 2 years have been a little trying. When our office bills out for full comprehensive orthodontic treatment on adolescent patients d8080 delta dental will change the ada code to d8070 (phase I ortho code of transitional dentition) in order to pay out a lessor benefit amount. I usually catch it when I am missing payments and it isnt paying out the full estimated benefit based on the patients treatment fee and lifetime maximum. I have fought with them several times on several patients to the point of parents getting the insurance commissioner involved and I have contacted the ada and the aao to verify what I know is right... It is illegal for insurance companies to change ada codes from what you billed them. They are trying to say they are basing it on the childs age! Which is irrelevent to the type of treatment a patient receives, children are not a robots each child is different and are at different stages of dental development which the orthdontist or doctor knows, not an insurance company looking at an age and an ada code to determine this. I want to complain to someone who can hold an insurance companies accountable from a professional/ dental office. Is there such an agency because I believe we are not considered the consumer?

• Fa
                        FAMILY RIGHTS Jun 17, 2009

Contact the ADA and send a cc of the letter to your state's insurance regulatory agency/commissioner as well as your state's federal representatives (congressmen/senators).

Keep a copy of all your correspondence and document all conversations (dates, times & who you spoke with).

Any correspondence you send, keep a copy of it - and send it all return receipt so you'll have PROOF that it was received. Talk to the orthodontists or practice managers to see if they have an attorney who can take this up if your practice is being defrauded.

AARP Delta DentalExcessive Costs

I spoke to an Delta Dental rep about dental coverage for my 81 yrs. old mother. I was told the best price was thru AARP. I enrolled her in the AARP Delta Dental program and as of January 2009 she has coverage. Imagine my surprise when I was on line, looking for dental coverage for another family member, that regular dental coverage thru Delta Dental is $123.00/yr. with better coverage than what I bought for my mother for $588.00/yr. thru AARP Delta Dental. When I called Delta Dental, they said they had nothing to do woth AARP Delta Dental and that we could cancel her AARP Delta Dental coverage but there would be no refund or pro-rating because there was a clause stating no refunds after 30 days.
                      After her year is up, we will be seeking coverage elsewhere since apparently AARP and Delta Dental have rep's working for them that are liars, don't know their job, and sell their higher priced services by telling us that's t he best and onlky coverage one can get.

• My
                          myrna-ann Jun 18, 2010

Wait until a claim is made and processed. This company has assigned unrealistic amounts that they will pay for various procedures. And they make it difficut for you to get this information even after you have signed up. You find out after you have submitted your claim.

I had a filling done, for which the the dentist billed $173. AARP Delta Dental approved the full amount but that's not what they used to determine what they would pay. Their contracted amount for the procedure was just $75- the price of a filling maybe in 1960. They paid 50% of $75 less the deductible which came to a grand total of $12. The next filling (with deductilke met) would be $62 from them with $103 my responsibility. Not ot mention the $100 monthly premium. It's as if the customer pays the premiums plus the main cost of the dental work; this insurance covers what would normally be a co-pay.

To get a better idea of how the plan works, I phoned to request the contract amount they will pay for a routine cleaning. The customer service rep did not give it to me, although surely they know. I will have to call back with a diagnostic code number. They advertise that now they allow 3 cleanings a year; not much of a benefit if they will only pay 50% of 1/3 of the bill.
                          The company is very clear that the amount they approve for each procedure is not the amount the contract will cover and depending on the bill you may have to pay more than the 50% they advertise . But in all their examples of how it works, they show a bill of $90 with $80 the contract amount; or a bill of $100 with $80 the contract amount. What actually happens is that the contract amount is less than half of the bill, closer to 1/3. And it is that number they use when calculating the 50% they will reimburse.

I am surprised that AARP has put their name on this insurance policy. I think seniors would be better off using the money spent on the yearly premium to pay their own dental bills.