The Room Source Furniture / Simmons Beautyrest MattressDefective mattress, denied warranty claim!

A

Hello my name is Aaron Munoz I purchased a SIMMONS BEAUTYREST mattress from The Room Source furniture store in 2004. The mattress started to fall apart within 6-8 months of use on the mattress so we contacted the ROOM SOURCE about the mattress and they sent someone out right away to inspect the mattress and found it to be defective and replaced the mattress. I dont remember how long the second mattress took to prove it was also defective but I know that it was only a short period of time. Once again we contacted the ROOM SOURCE about the defective mattress and they said they would give us an option to upgrade the mattress if we paid the difference. We took that option and forked over another 200.00 or so dollars hoping to avoid the same problem. Once again the new upgraded mattress proved to be defective in a short period of time. Keep in mind that these mattresses all have 10 year warranties and were not even lasting 2 years. So we contacted ROOM SOURCE for the third time only to find out that they had so many problems with the mattresses that they were not carrying them anymore and that we had to deal with simmons mattress company. I contacted simmons right away and they said that they would send someone to determine if the mattress was defective. I was at work when the gentleman that inspected the bed came to my home, but he assured my girlfriend that our mattress met the qualifications of a defective mattress and that the dip on my side of the mattress was 1 3/4 inches and only had to be 1 1/4 inches to qualify. About 10 days later after hearing nothing back I contacted simmons about our claim and they told us that our claim was denied and it said why in the letter that we would receive. I received the letter and found that they had denied us because there was a stain on the bed and that there was a warranty clause that says the mattress has to be free of stains for the warranty to be effective. One of the previous defective mattresses had a stain on it and was not even mentioned when The Room Source was handling the warranty claims. So I called Simmons back and I told her that we did not receive any paperwork when we purchased the mattress stating this and she told us that "we should have checked". After being abandoned by the ROOM SOURCE and treated very rudely and denied by SIMMONS I did not know what else to do so I gave up. Then come to find I am not the only one that has been denied my warranty by Simmons, there are numerous reports all over the internet of Simmons not replacing defective mattresses that are still under warranty. I still own the mattress and cannot afford to buy another one, me and my girlfriend both constantly have back pain and aches after sleeping on the mattress. I have had so many back problems that I have stopped sleeping on this mattress and have been forced to sleep on the couch. I hope that you can help me out in any way possible in getting simmons to hold up to their warranty. I will never again by a simmons no matter what the outcome and I urge everyone with a denied warranty claim to contact their local newspapers and tv news stations.

• Mo
    morrisfamily Jan 24, 2013

If anyone has a 2006 simmons beautyrest law tag and model tag that we could have then they would honor our warrantee, but since we as consumers removed the tag we are outta luck. If you have these tags please send to po box 1905 avalon ca 90704 attn dwayne morris. Thank you

• As
    A.Sh. Jul 12, 2011

Simmons does not stand behind its product! A few small stains does not negate a warranty. On their website it says that stains CAN not DOES. Who is to make that judgement. I think I will contact the Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau. They will do anything to get out of replacing their faulty products.

• Ru
    Rudy Cortez Apr 11, 2011

i also purchased a simmons b/r classic alana vista 6 years ago it also sagged both sides after 4 years of used. i contact gallery funiture in houston were i purchased it was told they no longer sold simmons mattress, and told me to contact simmons co. i call the next day and had no result do to a small stain on the mattress. save you're self the hassle don't buy simmons mattress.

• Yv
    Yvee Mar 15, 2011

I bought a Simmons BeautyRest 23 days ago and the mattress sinks in the middle when my husband and I sleeps on it. My husband woke up last week with extreme hip pain and was unable to walk for two days. This morning I woke up with bad back pains. I cannot change the mattress because it exceeded the exchange "date" policy, and they were asking for $250 exchange fee plus delivery charge. I had already paid $750 and I think its a lot of BS that you have to dig out more $$$.

• Hp
    hpf7 Dec 04, 2010

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Bianca in January 2007. We have rotated the bed as recommended. The heaviest of the two of us is only 160 lbs. Our bed is severly sagging on both sides. It is not sagging on the edges, as we do not sit on the edge of the bed. I am now suffering from severe neck problems due to the ruts in the bed. I have been to the chiropractor, massage therapist and to my medical doctor who prescribed muscle relaxers due to my neck problems from this mattress. We contacted Simmons, no response of course! I cannot believe mattresses these days last less than 4 years. I am extremely disappointed in Simmons. We have to buy a new mattress today because I cannot live like this any longer, but I am just not sure what brand to buy.

Mattressblog Jul 08, 2010

I am using latex mattresses as they are made from eco friendly products because i am suffering from skin allergy.

Mattress Sales Associate Jun 15, 2010

Here's the low down on Simmons from a Mattress Sales associate in California.

Any stains on the mattress will void your warranty. I know it sucks but even a small stain "anywhere" on the mattress voids your warranty... even if the stain isnt where the problem is. We sales associates are required to notify the customer that stains void your warranty and also offer a waterproof mattress cover to protect your 10 year warranty, but most customers opt to go without it because "we dont eat in bed". If you were offered a protective cover, that was your "insurance" for the mattress as the cover will guarantee no stains will penetrate through the cover and stain the mattress, if it does... the mattress cover company will replace your mattress. You guys should learn from this and get a protective cover... just in case.

The Minimum guideline for a defective for sagging is 1.5 inches (1 and a half). With our company, if the compression/sag is not yet 1.5 inches, it's unfortunately not deemed defective. If you guys are getting your mattresses inspected and it's over 1.5 inches... You are entitled to a replacement (as long as there are no stains, spills, soils, infestation of vermin). The gray area is "For health and safety reasons, Simmons may not be able to inspect the products to assess whether the product can be covered under warranty, in which case, Simmons reserves the right to deny warranty claim"

The inspectors are a 3rd party non-affiliate who is neutral in the process and just comes to inspect the damage/warranty claim. It's not their fault, they are just doing their job.

Some retailers have you sign a clause that states you declined the mattress cover, and understands that a stain will void your warranty.

Honestly, customers always play stupid when something goes wrong... "I didnt know about that or they never told me about that... it doesnt fly anymore. It's like reading the fine print when getting a credit card. Make sure yuo know what yuo are getting yuorself into...

We're one of the largest mattress retailers in the West Coast, if you bought your mattress from us, we give customers the benefit of the doubt in certain situations... sometimes even giving yuo a new mattress even when we shouldnt have. Just make sure you buy your mattresses from a mattress retailer... and not a dept store or mom/pop furniture store.

• Re
    Reajuan Parker Feb 10, 2010

I have a simmons but with a difference problem. My bed seems to collect lint/dirt around the seams of it (the little circles on the top of the mattress). I keep a white mattress cover on it. I can't figure out where the dirt/lint is coming from unless the mattress is dirty inside. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Br
    BrittanyBernard Jan 22, 2010

I must say that I am totally unhappy with out comforpedic simmons mattress that we bought 10 moths ago. We purchased the mattress in march and in october they sent someone out and the mattress had a 1" sag in it already! We were told that this $4000 mattress was never going to sag or make ghost impressions! I had someone come to take a look this week and was told that it had not sagged anymore, but he never took out a ruler to meausre it! I know two other people that have the same mattress and theres still looks brand new! I am going to stay on them untill I get a new mattress. I can not sleep at night and these people do not give flying flip about anyone but themselves and getting there money!!

beader1 Dec 29, 2009

WOW, am I glad I found this blog! I was just getting ready to purchase one of these Simmons in a few minutes, but decided to snoop around for reviews, I was going the expensive route too, thinking it would last, and the Black line is so pretty and looked so comfy. I had a Simmons many years ago and I had good memories, then purchased a Serta, another piece of crap, I am dying to get rid of, this Serta has the opposite flaw, its like I am sleeping on a pyramid, high in the middle, sagging very badly on both sides. What to do now, anyway, good luck everyone, I hope you win if you file suit.

• Ss
    SSS1 Sep 28, 2009

We have a similar problem with Simmons Beautyrest Black - top of the line. In less than 2 years, started sagging in the middle. The sagging is about 1.25 inches - so does not qualify for warranty. Have started causing severe lower back pain. Called the retailer (SleepTrain) and they can't do anything about this since they go by Simmons warranty. Called Simmons and their customer service was useless - when I told them about a potential legal action, they said "go ahead". This is the first time we ever purchased Simmons - will definitely be the last time and will be telling as many people as possible to not purchase Simmons. Count me in for the class action lawsuit if someone files one...

• Cg
    CGold Sep 05, 2009

All I can say is "ditto". We purchased a queen size Beautyrest Pillow top 9 months ago. After about two months we started getting uncomfortable. Since then, my husband has been to the doctor twice for his back problems, which he never had before. I ache on my shoulder and hip. We had an inspector come out from the furniture store where we got it. He was very nice and sympathetic. He took pictures with a string across it. He never sat on it or laid on it. He said the claim would be turned over to the Simmons rep. when he came to the store. A couple days later, our claim was denied because it didn't sag over an inch and a half. It is perfectly clean, by the way and we had proof that we purchased an "approved" mattress pad with the mattress. The bed is like sleeping in a hammock. I got so frustrated one night I got up and pulled the new mattress off and put back our twenty year old mattress that was on it's way to the dump! We both slept much better!!
    I am very interested in a class action suit or hearing if anyone had success in small claims court. I read on another consumer sight that the problem will continue with the Simmons mattress, even if you succeed in getting it replaced because they have "untempored coils" which don't have the same resilency as tempored coils. Any lawyers out there with a Simmons? I might ask a few lawyer friends what they think.

• Pc
    pcman95407 Jun 26, 2009

Your all wasting your time, the things like improper frame and stains on the bed are all indicated in the manufactures warranty, which is attatched to the bed and only you will be taking this off the bed. If you went to a reputable dealer they would've told you what voids warranties and how the warranty works. They also would have shown you where the customer service number is for warranty service.

As far as needing a receipt, that is hogwash. Your information is stored in the database at time of purchase. Even the serial identification number for the bed can be found in the database for the item you purchased.

The lesson you should learn here is buyer beware. When you went from store to store basing your purchase on price and haggling the sales person over price, price was the only thing on your mind. Getting a good deal on your purchase is important.

If you went to a reputable store they would've guaranteed their prices anyway. Most companies overpromise and underdeliver. Next time you make a purchase you should also be shopping for the services offered.

When I bought my last two cars I went to the same dealership. They had all there awards in plain view that distinguished them as a business that excells year in and year out in all departments. I would refer all my friends to them and I would purchase from them again.

The person with the unique problem with the bed sagging on the outter edge probably sits on the edge of the bed quite a bit. Mattresses are made to sleep on not sit. If all your weight is centered in one spot on a bed their will be an indention left behind. Fortunately, this can be remedied by rotating the mattress sitting on it less and changing sleeping positions.

For the person who bought the Simmons bed and than they stopped carrying them and were told you had to go through the manufacture that was louzy customer service. They should have honored the warranty and shown you some different products to choose from for your replacement. Again shop for reputable companies, not just price.

People like soft beds because they are comfortable. But because of quilting in mattresses and softer foam layers this foam becomes weak over time. Foam is the first thing that breaks down in a bed. It takes 18, 000 lbs to collapse most coil systems. Premium mattresses are rated at supporting up to 2000 lbs for sustained periods of time. Heavier people will wear out a mattress faster than lighter people. But a heavy person who takes care of their mattress can have their mattress just as long as someone lighter who doesn't take care of their mattress.

For everyone with beds sagging in the middle you sleep in the middle of the bed and don't rotate your bed like you should have been instructed to do so by the salesperson from the reputable business.

I don't blame any one of you, how are you to know any better when you are only judging by price how to purchase a bed. If a company has good service they are going to give you a brochure outlining their services as well as their card, so you can compare. Unfortunately most companies can't do this because their service stinks.

I hope my response was helpful.

• Sc
    scubasuz Jun 22, 2009

I purchased a king-sized Simmons Beautyrest mattress set from Easy Life Furniture in 2004. I paid about $1800 for the set and recommended bed frame. This is a lot of money for me, but I was pregnant with my second child and really wanted to have a comfortable bed so that I could get plenty of rest, so I went ahead and invested in it. It was super comfortable but I noticed that it was causing a lot of lower back pain. I had to start seeing a chiropractor and it turns out the the mattress just started breaking down very quickly. It has virtually no support anymore.

Recently I moved and was living in some temporary housing for a few months. I decided to store my bed and use the queen-sized bed I had in our guest room. I didn't really think much about it, but I no longer had back pain in my lower back. However, I did think about it 2 weeks ago, when I finally got settled into my new place, with my Simmons Beautyrest mattress back in my room and out of storage.

Wow!! My back pain was back and worse than ever after a few nights back in my bed!!! I had to go see the chiropractor repeatedly and couldn't move without severe pain. Now I continue to see my chiropractor and I am managing the pain, but it has not gone away. I feel it every morning when I awake. What a bummer!! I can not afford a new mattress and have since gotten rid of the queen bed because I downsized to a small apartment and only needed one bed. I wish I kept the other one!!!

This mattress is just poor-quality and has gotten soft and mushy. I would have tried to replace it but it also has a couple of stains and I remember the mattress store salesperson stating that the warranty would be void if the mattress became stained in any way.

I would be interested in joining a class-action lawsuit if one gets set in motion. Please feel free to contact me for this purpose.

• Th
    thomasz28 May 20, 2009

Wow ! I'm glad I am not alone ! I just had the simmons rep at my home, who was combative, rude and denied me a new mattress that is only 2 years old and sagging and ripped at the seam like all of you are talking about. The simmons warranty says they are second to none. When NONE should be the name of their warranty. What a waste of 1500.00. We should all get together, develop a web site devoted to tearing down this crap corporation !

• He
    Heidi von Johnston Apr 08, 2009

Count me in for a lawsuite!!! I bought the the most expensive mattress available 18 months ago, with correct bed frame, thinking that this would be the best way out for my physical state. In fact the sales lady said it was the perfect bed. Then she gave us the 'correct' mattress cover for stains. As an idiot, I never read the small print about the stains. After 6 months the bed started dipping in the middle. Long story short, an inspector came out to see the mattress, said that it was defective, but because of a stain the will not replace. The MATTRESS FOLDS IN HALF. What does the stain have to do with a defective mattress!!!

• Vp
    Vponder Mar 26, 2009

We purchased a Smmons king Kinsley Lake mattress set in 2006. The mattress set is a piece of junk. My husband and I are of average weight and height, yet the mattress has huge indentations with a lump in the center. We have contacted the once and were denied a claim with them stating the "dip" is not deep enough. Doesn't matter when you lay on it. It is like sleeping in a crater.

We purchased this POS from The RoomStore who told me they no longer carry Simmons due to the problems.

I just filled out the warranty information again, we'll see what happens.

Disgusted and in pain.

• Cc
    CClns559 Mar 14, 2009

I have the same problem as everyone else. Has anyone attempted small claims court? This is my next step after two years of dealing with Mor's Furniturs store.

• Je
    Jeanne Mclennan Feb 21, 2009

I purchased a Simmons Oasis Queen size set 1, 239.00 plus tax at The Bay Vancouver. I previously had a Simmons Beautyrest for about 15 years. Comfortable & with turning handles. It was still like new.

This Oasis is the very worst bed I have ever encountered. I purchased the low profile & still none of my 3500.00 dollar bedding fits. That is not the biggest problem. The mattress was not to be flipped. I knew that but when I read the card that comes with the mattress it says it must be turned but with two people or one could damage the mattress. The weight of the mattress disturbs me (why) what is in it. For one who was in the business selling Simmons sets I hate this unit. I can barely lift the mattress to replace the bedding. I should have returned it imediately but they took away my beautiful bed & as far as I am concerned I have trash for a bed. Sales people should be informed enough not to sell a bed like that to a single person. I would like to know the construction of this unit.

• To
    tobie Feb 09, 2009

We purchased a matress 3 rs ago and returned it 3 months later due to it sinking in the middle. All was fine got a new matress a Beautyrest 20 months ago and now it has done the same thing. So I called company and told them and they were fine however there is a stain on it so they will not return it. We paid a lot of money and we are so pissed over the whole thing. They said the reason they can not take it back with a stain is because they will re-sell it at a discount. So now every morning my husband and I wake with a terrible back ach from being twisted all night..Any suggestions??

ange beloy Oct 29, 2008

My parents also bought one of these "top of the line" $1600.00 beds with her retirement money thinking it would be the last bed she would have to buy...HA! One year later, the inch and a half dent etc...same story as yours...finally got it replaced with one of the other two to choose from; SIX months later...guess what! You got it, same indentation, same "roll out of bed" mattress that is too dangerous for my ageing parents...I called Simmons and she kept threatening to hang up on me if I didnt lower my voice yet she kept cutting me off...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SIMMONS AND I WILL TELL ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN AS TO WHAT THEY DID TO MY PARENTS. And lets not forget that Mancini's is selling this crap!!

• Bo
    Bob Haynal Sep 24, 2008

I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Bianca Plush Firm, rated platinum plush, for $2800 two weeks ago (beginning to thing I was fleeced at this price!). My wife and I are already seeing sagging on each side of the king size mattress. It felt great the first couple of days and then subtle changes started. Less than two weeks and the backaches are starting. I sleep on my back and my wife sleeps on her side. The last mattress we had was a Serta that we had for about 5-6 years and we paid $1200 for it at the time. When we started getting backaches on the Serta we reasoned that spending extra month to purchase a "platinum" product was worth it, but at this point, we wish we had the old mattress back. Just now starting to look into any recourse action, but from what I have read in the reviews, it may be a wasted effort. Count us in on any proposed class action.

Ben Cecil Jul 28, 2008

I purchased a Simmons World Class Beautyrest Super Pillowtop Plush (Cape Columbia $2, 000) from Mattress Firm on 7/29/08. I noticed body impressions on my side after four days...nothing on wife's side. Called Simmons to report issue and they said body impressions are normal up to 1.5 inches. I laid a flat yard stick across my side and measured indentation at 1 inch...this is not acceptable after 4 days. I went to Mattress Firm over the weekend to report the issue but the Manager was on vacation. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. I'm going to request a non-pillowtop mattress...probably Sealy. I'm 200 lbs but that shouldn't matter when you pay $2, 000 for a mattress...I've noticed some back stiffness in the morning and that's usually not the case.

• Ro
    rob williams Jul 17, 2008

All mattress companies will void your warranty for staining. Would you want to come and inspect some sweaty stained mattress? Us a mattress pad next time.

• Do
    Doug Ray Jul 17, 2008

I've had my Simmons Beautyrest plush top mattress for just short of 6 months and Mattress Firm has been giving me the runaround on replacement. I contacted Simmons to no avail and have decided that I will take a Hide a Bed with a bar through the middle of the back over this $2000 POS. I was fine for the first 3 months, but since then I have been waking up with lower back and leg pain. It's funny how you go to sleep just feeling tired and wake up after 7.5 hours and feel tired & have muscular and joint pain. My last mattress was replaced after 11 years as in it's last 6 months, I began to experience hip joint pain. It was a hotel quality mattress set from NC that was $500 for the set w/ frame. Add me to the class action if there is one. In the meantime I'm looking for a stopgap solution for my mattress situation.

• Wi
    William Lindner Jul 09, 2008

I'm having the same problem with Simmons. Please include me in the class action lawsuit if you proceed.

• Ct
    C. Tovani Jun 11, 2008

I've had my Simmons Beautyrest worldclass pillow top bed for one year and was horrified today when changing the sheets to notice that it is sagging in the middle and the mattress is also beginning to have a roll in the middle that is uncomfortable to lay on. I cannot afford to buy another matteress, it was a luxury to buy that one when I did.

• Se
    sean Kosger Jun 02, 2008

I had the same problem with the saging. They denied my warranty claim due to the fact i do not have box springs. Before I purchased the mattress I called and asked if it was ok. Wow just writing about this is really pissing me off. I sould sur them for emotional distress and also all my chiropractic bills.

anita singleton May 24, 2008

my husband and I are also on our second king size mattress set.supposedly the salesmen sold us a world class plush the second time for 1200.00. it is doing the same thing as our first mattress. the memory foam has somehow forgottten to remember to bounce back up. My husband is sleeping in a hole on his side of the bed at least 6" deep. My so far is not quiet so deep but he weighs more than me. we both toss and turn all night and wake up very tired and sore. I think the store shoud give us back our 1200.00 so we can get a better mattress, maybe a serta or a sealy, the two top rated mattresses.I wish I had done my homework on this mattress a little better. I'm worn out and so is my husband.Count on us with a correspondence to the Simmons matteress co.Truly these are faulty products.

• Re
    Regina Jones May 08, 2008

My name is Regina Jones. I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Queen size mattress from Value City Furniture Strore (located in Joliet Illinois) in June 2007. Shortly after receiving the mattress i was breaking out in wheals on my arms, shoulders and back. I would itch all night every single night . I scratch so much until i would bleed. Not knowing the reason for this up until a few weeks ago. The mattres had bed bugs inside the mattress and box spring itself. I called the store manager Keith.He tooked down my complaint. A few days later Bryant and Associates called me an insurance representative for the store. . He tooked down my complaint and then called back two or three days later and denied my complaint. I found out later that day that this was an Lawyer for Value City Furniture Store that pretended to be an insurance claim rep for the store. I called Channel 2 News ask for Pam Zecman, spoke with her. Now i am waiting to here back from her. If their is anyone out there that has had the same problem please email me at [email protected] immediately thank you.

• Ed
    Ed May 04, 2008

Simmons replaced three mattresses with *new* mattresses and removed the older ones for us over a 10 year period. Service was impeccable. A representative came to our home each time. I was very impressed with Simmons.

• Ho
    Howie May 04, 2008

My wife and I recently bought the Angelique Plush Beautyrest from Macy's. With tax it totaled almost $2300. At first, the bed was much firmer than we remembered it to be in the store. We've had it for 2 weeks now and not only has it gotten softer, but it too has body indentations...after two weeks! I just placed a tape measure across the mattress and used another to measure the amount of sagging. In two weeks it's already sagging 1.5 inches! I'm only 170 pounds. This is ridiculous. I have photos if anyone is interested.

I plan to go back to Macy's today to find out if I can return it for a full refund. The receipt says that if I’m not satisfied, I can exchange it or return it, but I have to pay the return delivery and a 10% handling fee. It doesn't seem right for me to pay $300 to return a defective mattress.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this, please let me know. Also, can anyone recommend a good mattress?

• Sc
    Scott May 03, 2008

I'm glad I found this site. I just getting ready to submit my complaint to Sleep Country about my King Size Beautyrest. It's only 4 years old, but I should have complained a year ago. My lower back has been killing me for the last year. The bed has become mush and there is a sink-hole in the depression on my side. Now my wife's side of the bed is doing the same. I'll comment again once I get my results. I think I'll send in a copy of this email string with my form.

• Pa
    patricia43m4 Apr 22, 2008

We have the Simmons Beautyrest as well and it is a torture device. My husband and I both need chiropractors and physical therapists. We were fine before buying this awful thing.

We live here part time and when we are away for 1-2 months at a time - we notice that our backs are fine. It's been going on for 3 years and there is no way that it is a coincidence that the back pain subsides for both of us with 3 days of sleeping somewhere else.

If anyone knows of a successful way to contact Simmons about this - please share.

Jennifer

• Mi
    Michelle Apr 22, 2008

Wow, I'm happy to find that other people are experiencing the same thing with their mattress. It makes me so mad that "body impressions" are considered normal. Who the heck can sleep in a hammock? We paid over 1500.00 for our Simmons Beautyrest and we've only had it 2 years. The impressions are so bad that you can see them even when the bed is made up. It is so uncomfortable and I spend tons of money at the chiro and he says I need a new mattress.

We only purchased this mattress because our former was a 20 year old simmons beautyrest. We thought we were getting the same quality and comfort as our old mattress. Granted after 20 years some of the springs were sticking through, but it was still comfortable. Had I known how crappy our new mattress is, I would have just purchased a topper for our old one and been money ahead.
    Class action lawsuit, count me in. I'm not normally one that believes in a lawsuit, but I think Simmons needs to either quit making pillow top, or put in a better material that won't break down after 3 months use.
    We've started sleeping with our mattress turned 1/4 turn so I have some support. My feet hang off the end, but it is way better than having a sore back!

Bent Back Apr 21, 2008

Furthermore, make sure you go to Consumeraffairs.gov for georgia. Make note that it is not the same as .com.

Bent Back Apr 21, 2008

I have written to the BBB in Georgia (where Simmons bedding is based) and basically they just relayed the messages back and forth between the company and I. When the company decided to just close the case BBB relayed the results and close the case. I don't think that it is fair that this business or any other business for the matter, can promise any customer whatever they feel and just renege whenever they feel. There should be penalties or consumer protection laws in place. I was advised to contact the consumer affairs governors office for them to investigate, but I don't think one voice will be enough.

• Pa
    Paul Apr 21, 2008

Wow,
    This whole thread speaks the truth. I was just turned down for warranty on a sagging mattress that is 4 years old, 10 year warranty. Depressions greater than 2 inches deep. They turned us down due to a small tear in the underside of the mattress, its a no flip. The tear was caused by a wire or staple sticking through the box springs the first time I turned the mattress. I pounded the wire back into the box springs and did not think twice about returning it at that time. Someone needs to put a stop to the warranty fraud. The mattress will be $2000 to replace. My wife has a bulging disk in her back that her doctor said was caused by a poor quality mattress. The inspector that looked at the mattress said it was a without a doubt a factory defective bed. He said it looked like we were sleeping in a ditch. The customer service is rude and the manager that I sp0ke with didn't even know who I was when she was defending the decision not to honor the warranty. She had to call me back again after she pulled the file, even though she was already backing the denial.

mary jeffries Apr 21, 2008

I recently bought the Heavenly Bed at Nordstroms, but did not purchase it from Nordstroms, but from Hotel beds at home. Well, it's supposed to be a queen size, but measures 2" too narrow for a queen. I have been talking to them since Jan 3rd. They sent a new bed, it also measured 2" too narrow. They sent a bed inspector who called out the measurement in front of me at 58", and then wrote it in his "secret" report at 60" (normal size for a queen). Now Simmons finally says, the 2 beds measured correctly, and they will not do anything else on it. It also has lumps which I didn't even mention here because you can't return a bed because it's not comfortable. My back hurts all the time since I got this bed too small or not.
    What to do? Does anyone ever hire their own bed measurer? Mary

• Bo
    BOBO Mar 31, 2008

My husband & I are unfortunately members of the new list of very dissatisfied Simmons customers. Our new, expensive mattress, which is now a year old is a NIGHTMARE. I am a sound sleeper, but am continually waking up due to the "noise" that the mattress telegraphs, as well as the sore back from the "well" that I am sleeping in, and also feeling like we're sleeping on a trampoline. If we sleep near the sides like 4", we practically fall out of bed.
    We bought our mattress from Sleep Country Canada (comments withheld about their inspection methods), who were of no assistance to us, and Simmons (with their bogus inspection techniques) also refused to help. We've also tried rotating the mattress, as they can no long be flipped, to no avail. The same thing happens either way. We have spent way too much money to ignore this - especially since we've found out that there are many others in this same, unfortunate situation.
    Please let me know what we need to do next.
    Thank you.