Tescocustomer care

D

Hi my name is David Hines.

I am a loyal customer to tescos at the beggers bush sutton coldfield where i do my shopping on a regular basis.

Today monday the 8th June about 16.45 approx i went to grab a few things i needed this included petrol for today as i would do my weekly shopping tomorrow Tuesday 9th June for the week.

I grabed a basket and had a walk around, before long i had what i needed (pork-chops and a tin of mushy peas).
I made my way to the last 10 items or less counter near to the main doors and joined a small cue, as i did the lady behind the counter said "can you do me a favour and tell the next person who joins the cue we are closed" i noded in agreement but was a little concerned with this request after all, I'm not a member of staff.
She then said to me "actually can you put the bar across for me"
I looked around but couldn't see anything, she pointed behind me and said "that bar behind you"
I went over and tried to pull it across but couldn't do it, i nodded to myself and just carried on waiting in the cue, but told her that i couldn't pull it across, she then said just pull the middle up, i tried again but couldn't do it. by this point i was getting a little embarrassed.
The lady behind the next till down behind her turned around and said (with a funny look on her face) dont worry...ill do it.
I started to feel more and more embarrassed, then the shopper in front of me walked over to the bar and pulled it up straight away, she told me how it was done and i said to her...well done.
There was a look on the till Lady's face i couldn't work out?

I paid for my groceries and left the store humiliated.

Reading this you may not think it is much but if you were there it would of been obvious to you how embarrassing it was for me, and humiliating it would of been.

Customer care?
This brings a whole new light on the subject. Its one thing not serving people in a professional manner but trying to get the customer to help you in your job and if the customer cant do it, they end up feeling humiliated and embarrassed.

I know its only one person its happened to but if its not, and this sort of thing is happening every day, it doesn't bare thinking, about especially in this current climate.

Ive spent allot of my hard earned money in that branch but i will not be going back there again because of this incident.
If what you read doesn't seem that bad to you does the fact that branch in beggers bush sutton colfield has lost a valid customer for ever?

I'm not the sort of person to complain unless i feel that i need some sort of explanation as to why i had to go through this.
I have worked in customer care myself for about six years in a well know holiday resort so i know the value of customer care and the impact it can have on customers or guests.

Thanks for your time

I hope to here from you soon, or maybe the branch manager (not by phone) with an explanation as to why this was aloud to happen to me.

Thanks

Kind Regards

David Hines

• Re
    Reviewer82114 Jan 14, 2016

I sent an email complaining about about bras I buy 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from you

Sammyjo lee Nov 19, 2012

I took my tv back to tesco as it was Brocken have ta only 10 weeks thay told me to take it home and someone would collect it so a delivery driver collected my tv . Two weeks later I had a text my tv was getting delivered back .finaly I fort .i never did resive my tv the driver had delivered it to the caravan park next door and someone had signed for it and frouded my name so I called tesco customer care and thay said it was left down to me thay had a name on the pad so thirs nothing thay could do about my tv . I was very disappointed with tesco

• We
    Weir2009 Mar 17, 2010

Tesco do have those.

But it is obvious that this was in a smaller store where they do not have conveyor belts but instead have a small basket loading area on each till - and rather than this till is closed signs have the checkout barriers which prevent access to a till completely.

• Vi
    VictorMeldrew Dec 22, 2009

I agree with the complainee. This gentleman tried to help close the queue but it backfired and the other staff member was impolite. Other Supermarket cashiers are supplied with a "This Till is Closed" notice they can place on the conveyor to avoid inconveniencing customers. Tesco should take note.

• We
    Weir2009 Aug 25, 2009

Are you joking? The cashier only asked you for a favour. Judging by the fact that your fellow customer was able to pull it quickly out shows just how simple it actually is and having worked at Tesco before i know full well that Customers would prefer that than the cashier wasting time by jumping off the checkout and doing it themselves which can take a few minutes with having to sign off and then back onto the checkout.

I personally think this complaint is a bit silly.