Telkom / landline telephone service
I have a contract with Telkom for a package which they term "Anytime Extra". For a fixed fee the package allows me to make local Telkom calls without further charges.
I have had the service for a number of years.
In April 2018 an additional fee which Telkom term Closer Call Catcher (R 9:94) was entered onto my statement and has been added to my monthly statements since then. I have asked them, by phone to remove the additional fee as I did not order this feature.
I am told by Telkom that if I cancel it they must also cancel the initial package, Anytime Extra.
I cannot cancel it as I didn't order it. Their call center does listen from my point of view as they are simply programmed to respond with the standard phrase, so whilst I explain it to their call center people, they do not listen to the validity of my complaint, which is reasonable.
My second complaint: Telkom and the Post Office is owned owned by the government. Telkom send the statements by post, the Post Office does not deliver in time and I do not receive it to pay it in time. Telkom then charges interest.
If this is collusion between the two companies they are making a great deal of money if the exercise is repeated over many subscribers and intermittently to avoid detection.
More Telkom Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018