Having problems with Telkom SA SOC?

Telkom SA SOC reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 16, 2006. The latest review Unfairly treatment by telkom was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint Excess fee pid claim not followed up on was resolved on Jul 07, 2020. Telkom SA SOC has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2230 reviews. Telkom SA SOC has resolved 35 complaints.

Telkom SA SOC Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park
Centurion

South Africa

Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews

Jul 01, 2019

Telkom SA SOC — billing

Hi there i already cancelled my service with telkom, but the thing is this, the reason for doing so was due...

Telkom SA SOCmobile contract

Hello there. I paid up my contract last year august and I closed it, there is an amount that is due to me, amount of R600 and I've been trying to claim this refund since last year October. I have a number if cases that are closed and I opened a new case last week Thursday... here it's the new case number [protected].

My email adress is Nonkululeko.[protected]@gmail.com

Telkom SA SOClaptop contract

I took out a 2 year Laptop contract with Telkom. It also came with a small data sim, but I hardly used that. I wanted the laptop. Bought it as Cresta. I paid every month in full and on-time. After contract finished, I assumed I was done. Months later I find out by my bank that Telkom has been debiting my account. I contacted them and they told me that the SIM was still active and that my conditions of contract changed and I still have to pay monthly. I queried why as I signed 2 year contract and they told me I have to phone and cancel or they continue with SIM. I queries how they could do that without informing me and have yet to receive a proper answer. Nonetheless went to Telkom North gate to cancel. tried in-store - no luck. They even tried in-store over the phone with Telkom, but could also not succeed. Eventually I was told it was sorted. Months go by and I find out they are STILL debiting my account. I call them again and they tell me it's not cancelled properly. Even though I was not even aware in the first place I needed to cancel. I have over R1200 outstanding debit now with them. They investigated and will not refund they say to me yesterday (27/06/2019). I refuse to pay.

Throughout this entire process, this tele-COMMUNICATION company has not contacted me ONCE. Even when they assure me they would get back to me, I always have to call and follow up. Not when they changed my conditions of contract did they contact me. Not when I started owing them money did they contact me. And my request for a copy of the contract that I signed has just been plainly ignored.

I sell cars. If one has a 60 month contract on a car, it finishes once the contract is over. There is not a new contract that pops up WITHOUT the customers knowledge afterwards. Not only do I feel Telkom acted very underhandedly with the contract in the first place, but there entire lack of communication during the whole process is even more shocking. This has adversely affected my credit score as well.

We had several contracts and lines with Telkom that use to cost us thousands a month. I have stopped EVERYTHING because of their dreadful service and communication. And I fell totally robbed.

Telkom SA SOCrequire lte as you cannot provide decent adsl

IF YOU CANT OFFER CONTINUOUS ADLS LET US HAVE LTE - WE WILL PAY FOR IT TOO - PLEASE JUST GIVE US A WORKING SERVICE
      Dear Telkom
      We live in an area where you do not provide a decent ADSL line.
      It is so slow and more often than not it does not work.
      I have a small LTE package that we use here, even though you said we do not get LTE here.
      I am trying to apply for the uncapped LTE package, but you have declined it. I have applied for my business to get it. As you can see, we pay our telephone bill monthly and all we are asking is for you to convert our ADSL line into LTE uncapped.
      By doing this we will get continuous internet service. Would it not be possible for you to do this?
      This would save hours of frustration and useless call outs because your infrastructure in our area is so old and so outdated, we can only get 4mbs line. And we are now getting 0.70 download speed, which is totally unacceptable. Please would you respond to this request as there does not seem to be any other way to contact you and get a coherent answer beside a scripted reading from your call centre.
      Our telephone number is [protected]
      Account Holder SC Bell
      Business Application
      Jill Henning & Associates T/A The Candidate
      Product requested
      Uncapped LTE @ R949.00 permonth
      The application was send to [protected]@dsl

Telkompoor service.

I have downgrade from 10 meg internet speed to a 4 meg internet speed line on the 10th of May 2019. Since then my e-mails have been one hell of a mess up. I had two email addresses. One for myself and one for my son. Both were standard lone e-mailes addresses. After the downgrade Telkom made the two e-mails aliases e-mail, and since they did that, now my son get both his emails and mine and i also get both mine and his.

I been phoning and phoning and being send from sales to IT, fro IT to sales and nobody seems to be able to sort this out. All I want is that my e-mails operate again as it uses to be since 2012. But all I get is sorry phone sales and then from sales sorry phone IT.
        It is now 6 weeks past the downgrade and still no one is able to rectify my problem.
        PLEASE I NEED IT SORTED OUT
        Thanks
        Mrs Spies ([protected])

Telkom SA SOCcancellation of landline

I was the owner of landline [protected].
          I vacate the premises at the end of May2017.
          I notify Telkom by sending them the required documents on several occasion to suspend the said service without Telkom adhering to my request!
          Telkom reported this to the credit bureau although this was due to Telkom Employees not performing their work.
          I want to solve this but can't get hold of Telkom as none of their contact detail are available.

Telkom SA SOCcontract amount and debit order amount not the same

I took out a contract in October 2018. They have been deducting the wrong amount from my bank account ever since. The amount they deducting and the contract I took out is two different amounts. I logged the query in November 2018. Everytime I go in to the telkom store or call the call center nobody can help. Now the call center number does not even give you an option to speak to any consultants. It absolutely ridiculous. When you go into the store they just tell you they waiting for the billing department. There is just no way of getting anything out of anyone no matter how many times you go into a store and never mind the petrol you drive out to get to that store all the time. How can it even be legal that I signed for something but yet telkom is deducting a different amount from my bank account. If I put a stop order on my debit order then my credit rating will get affected... So there is just no way of escaping telkom mess.

Telkom SA SOCupgrading home internet fiber optic line speed from 10 mgb to 20 mgb

I applied for upgrading my fibre optic uncapped line from speed of 10 to speed of 20
              It was approved on 9th May buy it was still functioning at 10mgb
              I spent the whole of 14th May doing calls to telkom back and forth between the two departments, the sales and the technical support
              Each department saying that the other one should sort it out and its not them
              Both departments refused to call each other to duscuss the issue and try to help me
              Just around 16h00 they decided to place an IT request and promised that the IT department will sort it out within 24 to 48 hours
              On 16th May i called to check and only to find that the IT request has been closed but the problem is not sorted and i was asked again to phone the sales department
              I called the sales team to hear the same story of the 14th May that they can't do it and i have to call technical support department
              At this point i refused to go the same waste of time phone calls and i asked to drop my line back to 10 Mgb, and it was done.
              On the 20th May i placed a new order to upgrade to 20mgb.
              On the 24th May it was showing that the line is 20mgb on customerportal but the line was still running at 10 mgb.
              I have been in contact with telkom on Facebook but its not helping either.
              Until today my line is still running at 10mgb.

Landline no. [protected]

Boskor
                House no. 8
                Kleinbos, 6310

Ref. no: 4491363

I was told that it wil take 7 to 21 days for this to be done, it is now the the 04 June and I am still waiting, aparently the order is stuck in the Telkom system ??????

Your service is verry, verry poor????

My e-mail: [protected]@cwnet.co.za
                Cell no: [protected]

Telkom SA SOCservice

I am a Telkom customer with 2 contracts.
                  My first issue is that when I was signing up for my first contract I specifically asked the consultant to give me a top up deal than he said the deal that he is giving me it will automatically change after a month because he can't do it immediately. After few months I tried topping up it didn't allow me and that when I called the support center and I was told it wasn't a top up deal.so I want a top up deal cause they sold me something I didn't asked for...

My second issue I took another phone with you guys and I took it for repairs since 31st of December and I was told that they were going to get back to me after 7 days with a quotation but that didn't happen, than I received a SMS saying I need to pay aR189.75 for rejected quote which I didn't receive. I have been to the store several times and calling for support center they are not taking my query into attention it almost 6 months and still paying for that phone even the sim card was not taken out from the phone

londi
                  [protected]

Telkom SA SOCI have been requesting a letter of settlement from telkom for 4 weeks

Suggested text you?

Mandy Karpierz URGENT
                    Inbox
                    x
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 21, 2019, 12:43 PM (9 days ago)

to creditmanagementdelisting
                    To whom it may concern,
                    Please can a senior manager send me a letter of settlement confirmation .
                    It needs to be on a Telkom letterhead and to be signed.
                    Two account numbers
                    [protected] for the amount of R981
                    [protected] for the amount of R2468, 56
                    These amounts were settled two weeks ago and I need this letter urgently!!!
                    My ID number is [protected]
                    Yours
                    [protected]@telkom.co.za

May 21, 2019, 12:46 PM (9 days ago)
                    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: [protected]@telkom.co.za The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the rec
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 21, 2019, 1:00 PM (9 days ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM Subject: Mandy Karpierz URGENT To: <
                    [protected]@telkom.co.za

May 21, 2019, 1:01 PM (9 days ago)
                    [protected]@telkom.co.za [protected]@telkom.co.za Original message headers: Received: from email2.telkom.co.za (10.227.171.153) by CNT
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 21, 2019, 1:07 PM (9 days ago)
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 21, 2019, 1:08 PM (9 days ago)
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 23, 2019, 1:36 PM (7 days ago)
                    Hi My name is Mandy karpierz I sent through a request two days ago and I am still waiting for the letter?
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 27, 2019, 2:03 PM (3 days ago)
                    Hi, To:
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 27, 2019, 2:31 PM (3 days ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM Subject: Fwd: Mandy Karpierz URGENT T
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 1:01 PM (2 days ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:31 PM Subject: Fwd: Mandy Karpierz URGENT T
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 1:03 PM (2 days ago)
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 1:05 PM (2 days ago)
                    To: I HAVE BEEN SENDING THIS SAME LETTER FOR 4 WEEKS HAVE SPOKEN TO OVER 50 PEOPLE AND STILL NO REPLYIT IS VERY URGENT
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 1:13 PM (2 days ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:05 PM Subject: Fwd: Mandy Karpierz URGENT T
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 1:41 PM (2 days ago)
                    BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS LETTER FOR 4 WEEKS URGENT URGENT
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 28, 2019, 2:38 PM (2 days ago)
                    I KEEP GETTING A CASE CLOSED NUMBER ??? ALL I WANT IS THIS LETTER I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR, FOR 4 WEEKS???
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 29, 2019, 9:10 AM (1 day ago)
                    HI, Been sending this ame message for four weeks now?
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 29, 2019, 11:03 AM (23 hours ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Wed, May 29, 2019 at 9:10 AM Subject: Fwd: Mandy Karpierz URGENT T
                    Mandy Karpierz

May 29, 2019, 11:04 AM (23 hours ago)
                    ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mandy Karpierz Date: Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM Subject: Fwd: Mandy Karpierz URGENT

9:03 AM (1 hour ago)
                    Please can you let me know if they have made contact?
                    Mandy Karpierz

10:29 AM (15 minutes ago)
                    After 4 weeks of deperately trying to get this letter from a senior manager at telkom, I am at the end of my tether, Please can someone help me !!!
                    [protected]@telkom.co.za

10:33 AM (11 minutes ago)
                    [protected]@telkom.co.za [protected]@telkom.co.za Original message headers: (10.227.75.34) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.3.439.0; Thu, 30 May 2019 10:32:55 +
                    10:35 AM (9 minutes ago)

to esccentre

These are copies of letters I have been sending to telkom for 4 weeks

Telkom SA SOCbilling department

I Have tried on several occasions to contact Telkom to help me sort out my account bill which is now in arrears and I have a suspended line. On the 2nd of January 2019 I called Telko at 10.48am and 11.01am to suspend the sim card of [protected] as it has been in the hands of someone who is abusing the line. I was unable to retrieve the sim or the phone and left with no option to suspend the sim. To my surprise in April I found out that thesim card has been activated automayucally by Telkom resulting in this person having acess to the sim and buying intenet bundles something of which I simpkly could not afford to pay for. There after I called in to Telkom on a daily basis spoke to different agents and all promised to get back to me or help but no one has been willing to assist me.

My details
                      D Sukram

May 27, 2019

Telkom SA SOC — poor/no service delivery service ie, cannot receive my e mails

Cannot get your TELKOM technicians to advise me why I cannot receive E mails at...

Telkom SA SOCno landline service/ new phone not delivered as yet

Hello; I have not had service for several months but I have been billed for all these months. Furthermore, the fault has been detected but the call centre has informed me that I will be receiving a new wireless landline phone which I have beem awaiting delivery for more than 5 weeks now.

Please can this be escalated urgently as the staff that work at the call centre are a absolutely hopeless.

I need my new phone as soon as possible and I need to be reimbursed for the months that I have not had service.

My number is [protected].

Regards
                        Naheen Toolsee

RESOLVED

Telkom SA SOCcancelation of service impossible. incorrect billing not resolved

I have moved to the Cape West Coast. I had a fibre line in Jhb. New owner took over the line and contract in Nov 2018. Transfer was done only in March 2019 after several requests and frustration. I am however still billed fir the Fibre line. I have used all means to get this sorted, but it seems like it doesnt bother Telkom to correct their mistakes. It seems like it is a general problem but nothing gets done a out it. I eventually resolved in cancelling all services which was supposed to happen on 1 May 2019. My latest bill again charge me for May services including a fibre line again. I have several ref numbers and confirmation numbers confirming that it will terminate and they will correct the incorrect billing but NOTHING gets done. Where do I go next???

cancelation of service impossible. incorrect billing not resolved

Telkom SA SOCcancellations

After numerous attempts it is futile to cancel telkom account and line,
                            As I have once again received a bill for a suspended, supposed to be cancelled service,
                            In december 2018 and telkom could not move or do anything to give me service, at my new address, account number : [protected] : richard shandor feher
                            [protected]_1 - bb - [protected]_1
                            [protected] - fixv - [protected]

Richard feher

Telkom SA SOCpayment not received

Its amazing how such a well known Brand doesn't have any platform to log a formal complaint on their own website.. guess that just shows just how much you guys care about your customers 0.. You guys dont even care to respond to all the complaints on Hello Peter Wow.

I would like to formally lay a complaint. My name is Cassandra Collins and I can be contacted on [protected].

On the 09/05/2019 I called the Telkom customer care line only to be completely disgusted by the service.

How do you hand you customer over to debt collectors without contacting your clients to advise or at least make the necessary arrangements to it to be paid? 1 payment was missed and you tell me "My contract stipulates that no calls, emails or alerts need to be sent if anything happens on the account" I deal with customers on a daily basis and not only is that bad customer service but you are lying to your customer???

I want to be called back immediately as I need a thorough investigation done on the account and I want it sent to me from a manager and not an agent.

I have all the necessary means of taking this further should this complaint not be acknowledged.

Call me with a complete resolution and not lies, I will definitely know that Im not a valued customer if I dont receive a callback and we might as well move our accounts else where to a network that appreciates the clients and treats them better.

Kind regards
                              Cassandra Collins

Telkom Mobilestatements contradict balance owing

My Telkom Mobile statements show me that I am in credit, only to find I owe fees including rejection fees. I do not have a solid payment date anymore, so whenever I can, I make payments to my Telkom contract, in advance.

Before the end of April, a representative told me she will ensure the rejection fee is removed as I do not seem to owe it, this was according to her view of my statements. This is exactly what I saw as well.

Today I got a text saying I need to pay R545. My contract is only R180 per month! This means more rejection fees! If my statements showed the correct information, there would be no confusion and there would be sufficient funds in my account.

I cannot afford to pay rejection fees for something that is not my fault. Telkom Customer service says there is nothing they can do, hence I am here calling for assistance as I cannot afford these unplanned amounts.

May 04, 2019

Telkom SA SOC — customer service & no service after several attempts

Hi Good Day, I am extremely frustrated and totally disgusted at the service i have received from TELKOM...

May 01, 2019

Telkom SA SOC — misleading customers

I had upgraded my cell contract with telkom on the 26 March 2019, the salesperson didn't inform us of the...