TeleCheck Services Logo

TeleCheck Services

Having problems with TeleCheck Services?

TeleCheck Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2007. The latest review Telecheck was posted on Mar 25, 2021. The latest complaint Telecheck caused my check to deny was resolved on Oct 04, 2014. TeleCheck Services has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 83 reviews. TeleCheck Services has resolved 43 complaints.

TeleCheck Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 366 2425 (Declined Check Information for Check Writers)
+1 800 366 1048 (Returned Check Collection)
+1 800 710 9898 (Fraud, Identity Theft, Forgery)
5565 Glenridge Connector, N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TeleCheck Services Customer Service. Initial TeleCheck Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TeleCheck Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TeleCheck Services. Discuss the issues you have had with TeleCheck Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TeleCheck Services Complaints & Reviews

TRS telecheckunauthorized charges/phone calls

I paid TRS/telecheck for 6 $20 checks, plus interest, written to Wal-Mart--they continue to harrass me; now I received a letter from First Judicial Court System they reported me to, saying I have to pay several hundred in interest and take a class in "bad check restitution!" I am having to get TRS to send a letter saying I am clear of this, but they refuse; they even changed check numbers on my money order receipt copies when I had them traced (they WERE cashed by TRS); but I am told that they can do that--even called the Atty. Gen. Office.

Telecheck.comNo quality service

This company claims to provide QUALITY SERVICE. Hah! Just try to talk to a customer service representative. All you get are recordings, and repeated requests to enter mile-long numbers. This company does not have any human beings. No matter what number you call, you will get recordings.

How could my check for $300 be declined by KMart (thru Telecheck) when I've got $15, 000 in my checking account?

I'll never know, and I'll be damned if I make a purchase at any business that uses Telecheck.

TRS/telecheckunauthorized withdrawal

After paying off 3 bounced checks, 2 months later (9/24) I received 3 letters from TRS charging me $50 for each check-service fees. I figured okay, I gues that's about right.
      Less than 12 hours after receiving the letters, they withdrew the first $50 without my knowledge or consent. I did not even have the chance to wake up in the morning and call them about it. The checks (that had bounced)had already been paid. I was told that if a collection agency is trying to get $$ from someone for a second party, they can legally withdraw the money without asking you. HOWEVER, TRS was acting only for themselves.
      After calling them and speaking with a supervisor, they apologized and assured me they would refund my $50. That was all I had in the bank at the time, and don't get paid until the end of the month. They were very apologetic, which sounded to me like they knew what they did was wrong.
      Unfortunately, I wake up on 9/26, check my bank account on line, and they have tried to take out the other $100 I owe them-again, without my knowledge or consent. Now I am in the red $70 for NSF, because there is no money in my account.
      I am furious at these people, and called them again today(9/26), talked directly to a "supervisor", and got the same "I am so sorry, we will refund the money". I tried to explain that they did not get any money, because their withdrawal request was NSF, but the guy was not listening. I was not yelling, just assertive, and begged them NOT to do this, taht I would pay them next week. He hung up on me.
      Okay--Can anyone out there help? I want to speak to someone higher up in this company; does anyone know a number I can call? I am an intelligent person, I pay my bills, even when they are late (I am having the same problem others are having economically), and am not trying to get out of paying them their service fees. BUT--I feel something should be done about this.

STOP & SHOP & TELECHECK — CHECK DECLINED

Used a check to pay for groceries on Friday, Sept. 4, 2009 and my check was declined by Telecheck. The acting...

Telecheck — Still no resolution

I was at Walmart and my check was denied. I have never written a bad check and had available funds in my...

Telecheckeverything

Telecheck denied my check. Debit card worked. Called them and they said an Bank of America account and additional DL number linked to my name.
        That info is from ID theft and forged checks on an account I don't have. All notices followed up with Police reports and Affidavits of Forgery. None of them were processed by Telecheck. They won't tell me where they got the information. I was disconnected once during this. Had to start over.
        I agree to send them by fax a copy of the police report, a letter, and denied info.
        They gave me a fax number that didn't answer (3x). Called again, got different fax number, didn't answer either (2x). Called again and was given mailing address that was different from the first mailing address I was given. Com'on!
        I know these guys aren't motivated to correct mistakes because they're paid by the retailer, but this is RIDICULOUS!
        Credit agencies have too much power to be this unaccountable.

• Mo
            mo-money Sep 10, 2009

I know that check verification companies are motivated to improve their systems because it does not serve anyone's purposes to have sales and good customers turned away because of bad data or inferior methodologies. As usual, individual experiences vary from the norm and the ideal. Aggavating, isn't it?

TelecheckUnfair Business Practices

I had a check that was returned for NSF by a local merchant. I called the merchant the day after it didn't clear my account to try to clear up the matter (I had forgotten to transfer funds to the right checking account to cover it). I was told that I should wait and they would re-submit it. Almost a month later it still had not gone though. I called several times to try to get it straightened out. Then finally I got a call from their collection department saying that I needed to pay it at their store. When I called back to see if I needed to pay any additional fees, I was told that I couldn't pay it at the store - it was being handled by Telecheck and I needed to call them direct. I contacted them and asked if I could take care of it over the phone. I was told that I would be automatically withdrawn from my account without any problems. I told them that I was getting married and couldn't have any problems with the account because I would be using it alot over the next month. I was assured there would be NO problems. Not even a week later, I tried to present a check to Walmart, at it was declined. 2 days later, the check amount from the original merchant cleared my account. I called Telecheck about it and was told that it would take 7-10 business days before my account with them was updated after they pulled the funds from my account! So I waited the 2 weeks, called back. And guess what - it's still not updated, because they have to pull the $30 service charge yet. With all actualality they lock my account down for almost a month while they mess around taking their time "updating" their systems. I know the money is pulled via EFT because I talked to my bank. I want to know why it takes them so long. They can't even answer that question. Does anyone out there know why it would take 2 weeks for them to update their records?

• Pn
              pnomenon Nov 23, 2010

I had a very similar experience with Wal-Mart and Telecheck. Except that Wal-Mart did redeposit my check about 3 days later, it did clear, and I did receive some phantom $25 charge. During all of this, there is no notification, either by Wal-Mart or this stupid Telecheck that they would mysteriously debit the additional $25 charge for re-depositing. Of course, the re-deposit that immediately cleared my bank was not "updated in their records yet." So I asked the young foreign lady who recited to me that there was a fee but could not explain beyond the script, "so you are telling me that Telecheck basically just randomly debits whatever money they feel like from your account whenever they feel like it, and there is no accountability on the part of Telecheck for these inappropriate actions?"
              Her verbatim answer to me (which was recorded for "quality" purposes) was "yes sir, that is correct."
              I repeated, "there is no accountability in the Telecheck company for improper treatment of customers. They do whatever they feel like doing?"
              Her answer, "yes sir, that is correct. No accountability. We just take the money.
              It's nice to know that Wal-Mart does business with a company that has no problem telling their customers "that's correct sir. No accountability. We just take the money."

TelecheckCheck denied

Had 2 checks denied at 2 different places. Have never had a bad check or a check denied. I still write checks because that is my preference. Called the phone # and got a rep in Manilla that was absolutely no help at all and was not willing to explain anything about why my checks were not acceptable, other than mumbo jumbo about check numbers and amounts but no more info. I have tried to find a phone # and address to talk to someone that can fill me in on what is wrong and how to fix it. So far nothing. I want to talk to the headquarters in the U.S. and to someone who can help me.
            Carolyn Harrison
            [protected] cell

jonesville Dec 10, 2009

I agree that something needs to be done, i have been writing checks with no problems until i deposited a large sum of money and i wrote a check for 818.00 then found something else for a little over 400.00 and the check was denied . i had to call then it took 40 minutes to get it to go through then they said they updated my profile so i shouldn't have any more problems, yea right 4 days later i went to go buy me a welder for 35 hundred and it was denied again so i called and they just kept saying i can't write a check for that amount and it was for my protection. i had to give all my personal info to verified my self and i still couldn't buy the welder how crazy is that. i don't think its right that some B/S company tells me how to spend my money and gets to look at my checking account to see my funds .

• La
                Latese1477 Dec 02, 2009

Maybe you should request a report from their website. Maybe it will help. That is what i just did.

• Mo
                mo-money Sep 10, 2009

I don't know of any certain method to avoid declined checks, and they won't tell you. Otherwise, we could write bad checks for a living!

Use checks that are not numbered too low and avoid writing too many checks in a short period. Make sure your ID information is accurate. Register with the check verification service, if you can. You disclose certain information they can collect anyway, or is directory information, and they may tweak some parameter in your favor. It does not matter how much money you have in the bank because money in a bank can always be withdrawn at a moment's notice before a check arrives for payment.

Telecheck Recovery ServicesHarrasment

8am or 5pm robot phone calls, all week, saturday morning, sunday morning... I made a search on the net and I find that I'm not the only one who have been harassed by phone calls from this number: [protected].

I paid all my bills, and this company seems to be specialized in fraud, from the United States.

I maid a complaint to the CRTC office in Canada and my phone number is supposed to be on the "do not call list".

I wish that the US administration and phone companies will make their work to stop that harrasment and fraudulous actions by cut the phone service to these ###s.

Tele CheckFraudulent charges

This has happened more than one time in the last couple of years. A check denied by telecheck. The only explanation is code 3, you need to call. They tell you no negative information on your account, just that they have the right to deny your check when they see fit. Most common response from them is you don't conform to there guidelines.

So, I ask, how do I conform to your computer generated guideline of the moment? And, the second question was what are the guidelines you wish me to conform to? Its so ironic that I am not allowed to write a check that initially would have cost me nothing, because of a computer guideline, but, can turn around and use my debit card from the same checking account to pay for my purchases.

Now the transaction has cost me a service fee at my bank for the debit purchase because I couldn't use the credit feature of the card because of the store policy. I called telecheck, and got the basic form read response from the zombie I had trouble understanding. After my conversation with them I doubt that they will ever let me present a check at any of their merchants again.

I told them they had to much effin control over my how I choose to spend and present my choice of payment. So, I have decided that if I see a telecheck sign on a merchants door, they are no longer good enough to get my money since they have decided to become little brother to BIG BROTHER!!!

Telecheck Recovery Services — Collection

I had my purse stolen in September 2007. I had to cancel EVERYTHING. My credit cards were used immediately. I...

TelecheckDeclined Business Check

Went to a Denist office to have my teeth fixed, they would not take my mothers check which had nothing to do with her, I was the one with bill. These people Telecheck go to far., Just because My Mom and I have the same last name they do something like this. Naturally, I went and paid for the bill in cash. Sort of Embarrassing, , The real problem is with APX our security company, they are the culprit, they refused to refund three months of service fees when their equiptment never worked. They are are using Telecheck as their illegal way to circumvent a legal process of stop payment. I stopped payment on their draft because they charged my account three payments inspite of my complaint. It took them three months to finally fix the alarm system. This very strange, because APX is a Morman Company, and they usually working with a Morman Company you will find thy are very good to work with. Don't Use Apx.

• Ba
                      BACH CAO Jul 11, 2010

MY NAME IS BACH CAO AND MY ID IS C0291984 AND MY SOCIAL SECURITY IS [protected] I HAVE WROTE THE CHECK FOR $8.98 YOU HAVE DENIAL MY CHECK AND HAVE A CODE 4 I COULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY AND HOW ...
                      THIS IS A CASE OF CHASE BANK ... YOU HAVE TO BE CLEAR ... A REASON THE CHASE BANK HAVE BEEN BUY OVER THE WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK WE ALREADY FILE BANKRUPTCY SINCE 2005 AND MY MOTHER TOO... THE BANK HAVE SEND THE LAWYER WE HAVE SUBMIT THRU THE LAWYER FROM THE COURT .. THE LAWYER SI CLEAR... NOW IS YOU ... THIS IS A CASE I WANT TO CLEAR AS FAST AS YOU CAN... A REASON I WILL BRING THIS CASE GO TO THE COURT YOU WILL BE LOOSING THE TIME AND MONEY FOR NOTHING AND I WILL BRING THRU THE NEWSPAPER YOU JUST WANT THE NONEY NOTHING ESLE... HERE IS TEH CASE OF BANKRUPTCY IS 05-12931 FOR ROSA CAO AND MINE I WILL SEND YOU LATER I MISPLACE OR YOU CAN CALL THE BANKRUPTCY IN SANTA BARBARA COURT AND DEMAND THE CASE IS 2005 IN JUNE 2005. A REASON I FILLING THIS IS A FRAUD BY THE BANK AND THE BANK JUST WANT THE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE AND DID NOT CARE IS ILLEGAL OR LEGAL FOLLOW UP THE LAW... WHEN A PEOPLE FILLING BANKRUPTCY THE BANK CAN NOT DEMAND THE MONEY IF THEIR WANT THE MONEY THERE CAN BROUGHT THE CASE TO LIFE AND BY THE A LAWYER IF THE LAWYER FILLING THIS THE LAWYER WILL LOOSING THE LICENSE TOO... THAT IS CALL FRAUD.. PLEASE CAONTRACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANK YOU VERY MUCH BACH HERE IS EMAIL AND ADDRESS AND PHONE FOR YOU TO CALL ME THANK YOU ... ON ANOTHER HAND I SEND YOU ALL THE BANK FRAUD TO SEE THE LIAR AND [censor] I HAVE PUT UP WITH THEM... THANK YOU ...BACH
                      HERE IS MY ADDRESS IS 15272 SEVENTH STREET STE A VICTORVILLE, CA 92395 AND ANOTHER ONE IS 408 NAVITO WAYS OXNARD, CA 93030
                      MY PHONE NUMBER IS [protected] AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] OR [email protected]

Telecheck — Terrible experience

My personal checks have been declined more than once in stores in my small community! I have called the toll...

TeleCheck ServicesTerrible company

I visited my doctor 1/21/2009, and upon presenting the receptionist with a check for my deductible, it was denied by TeleCheck. I was totally befuddled because there were enough funds in the account to cover the $40 deductible. I did not believe what was going on because I have written checks for this account on several occasions at this doctor's office.

I asked the reception what was the reason for the denial. She did not know but gave me the telephone number to TeleCheck. I called the number and entered record number. Upon speaking to a TeleCheck representative (Dawne), she attempted to explain that there are several reasons why the check was refused, i.e. frequency of account use, check number, etc. I still did not know why the check was denied. I only write about 6 checks a month on this account. There were sufficient funds in the account.

I requested to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor, Michelle basically said what Dawne had said. In other words, she could not explain to me why the check was denied. The only other thing she could say is that the check did not meet the criteria at the time it was processed.

sammibug Aug 07, 2010

it's strange they can't explain why their own service denies checks. Its their service, thy should know why it denies checks.

TeleCheck located in Houston — Unable to pay with check anywhere

This company is saying they need a notarized letter about me from my bank. Also want my bank account...

Telecheckhow to get even

For anyone here in Michigan that gets denied arbitrarily by Telecheck, I was successful in going after then for a vilolation of the Consumers Protection Statute 445.903 which calls for $250.00 in damages. In my case, they denied my checks 12 times and admitted that they should not have because there was nothing negative about my check writing habbits. Yet they still stated they could do so t any time to any one they wanted to (they are very arrogant). I got a $3, 075.00 judgement against them in small claims court and was about to serve the main merchant I shop at, with a garnishment order when they paid up the money. If you are in Michigan, and you have NEVER bounced a check to their merchants, or have any reason for them to turn you down, use this statute and fight back in court. They did not show up but I still had to prove my damages in order to win.

• Hk
                          hkk6kkt Jan 14, 2010

your story.does not add up.. you won a default judgment to telecheck ... whoopie.. then you claim you were going to serve a garnishment on the merchant hmmm..

better read up on the law and make sure you know what your talking about next time you become a fiction writer

massconsumer Nov 09, 2009

Does anyone know if there is a class action suit in Massachusetts against Telecheck? If so, I would like to add my name to a lawsuit.

TelecheckUnauthorized charges

Telecheck, TRS, Inc., is harassing me for money I do not owe them. They have made a huge mistake that is costing me $100. I went shopping at Wal-Mart and presented my check. For whatever reason, the check machine would not work right. I got my check handed back to me with a slip that said my check was not used and my account was not charged. Well, I began getting calls from Telecheck saying my check to Wal-Mart bounced. Of course I did not have a check at Wal-Mart, being that I did not get any merchandise. I have been to Wal-Mart and been presented paperwork showing that Wal-mart received no money for that transaction, yet Telecheck wanted me to pay them for it, not once but twice!!! Telecheck ran it through AGAIN costing me another $35 for a total of $70 that my bank wants back for the NSF charges. Telecheck wants $18.63, plus $80. No one at this company will listen to me on this and they will not do what they need to do to end this. They just want me to pay them off. And I will NOT do that!!! I wish some one out there could help me on what to do to get this resolved and to stop Telecheck from harassing me.

Korny Oct 07, 2010

Someone needs to stop the slimeballs who harass without justification.

Korny Oct 07, 2010

My wife got a collection notice for a check she didn't write. We contacted [email protected] and collected damages plus attorney fees. We got $1000 out of it. Took about six weeks.

• Ho
                            HowlingArtist Jul 06, 2010

I feel for you, same thing basically happened to me. I contacted BBB and the district attorney and still nothing is being done. Just keep fighting and dont give up. I've been fighting for almost 3 years

Korny Jun 05, 2010

They notified us we owe for a bounced check.

Name spelled wrong
                            Check # not to Walmart/
                            Amount wrong.
                            Someone else's driver's license.

If you have this problem, contact

[email protected]

for violation of the Federal Debt Collection Fair Practices Act (FDCPA). You could collect up to $1000 from WMTC. Yes, there IS a law against such actions.

Tele CheckWriting a check

I don, t know who they are. I went to Wal Mart and they would not take my check. They gave me some paper and told me to call it. Someone named Tele Check said I owed them money for a check I wrote out at the Dollar Tree Store. I called the Doller Tree Store and they said I had no bad checks there. I went to my bank and they looked it up and said no bad checks. This Tele Check thing want $86.00 off mr. They have all my personal information, and I can, t write any checks. I looked on the internet to see what they are and there is a lot of people in the same mess. Someone needs to look into this company . I am going to close my checking account and have to get a new ID and social security number how can they get away with this.

TelecheckFirst a victim of theft and then a victim of TeleCheck

My car was broken into and my check book was stolen. My wife and I were put through the ringer by the Credit Union in trying to secure our hard earned money. In the end, we had to close our checking account in order to protect our funds. We simultaneously opened another checking account so we could continue to live our lives. All of this was done over the course of one day in an effort to minimize our loss from theft.

One of the checks that was outstanding on the closed account was a valid check written to a Telecheck client. We attempted to work with the store in which the original check was written to remedy the outstanding check, but we were told that we had to work with Telecheck. We never received anything from Telecheck and thought we would pay the bill when it arrived in the mail. Telecheck victimized us a second time by denying checks written at other Telecheck vendors and charging us unfair and outrageous fees and all of this without any notice of any kind - address and phone number are on the check, and they never contacted us so we could resolve the issue. As if that was not bad enough, despite requesting written confirmation of any amount of debt multiple times, we never received any written notice from Telecheck, and the customer service people on the phone were extremely rude and unhelpful. One would hope that when a client, albeit an unwilling one, was trying to give you money, the least the vendor could do is be civil and polite. However, that does not appear to be the Telecheck way of doing business.

The most outrageous part of this whole situation is that Telecheck staffs their customer service number 24 hours a day, but does not staff their actual payment department past 7pm central time. The customer service staff indicate they are unable to accept payments. One would think that cash flow and fund collections are a priority in a business. However, Telecheck apparently does not do business that way.

Very poor way to do business. Very poor attitude. Very pissed off consumer.

• Me
                                megrim Mar 26, 2009

well this is an old complaint but still. First telecheck does not charge any fees other than the state fee, which is a penalization by the state whenever a check bounces, telecheck helps by collecting that fee. if there was a debt under your name telecheck will either send collection notices or give phone calls, if you did not get a notice by mail that doesn't mean telecheck did not send it, this works both ways, if you did send in paperwork and never received a notification latter stating they already did received the info, that simply means it never got to them not that they received it and did nothing.

TelecheckBeware

I recently wrote a check from my business account at a Telecheck merchant. The cashier scanned the check, it was accepted, and I left the store with my merchandise. Within one week I was receiving hostile collections calls from Telecheck claiming that I had written a check on a closed account. The account number that they have in their records for my business is not my account number nor is it even a valid account number at my bank. I paid them the face value of the check but not the $25 return check fee because I documented that an electronic error had occurred. They submitted an account number to my bank that was completely different than the one on my check. I sent to their research department a copy of the original check, a copy of the erroneous account information received by my bank, a letter from my bank stating that my account has been open and in use for 23 years, a copy of my receipt from the store with the tracing number, a copy of their collection notice with their reference number on it and a letter explaining it all. Nearly a month later, I still can't write a check anywhere because they are holding all my accounts hostage because of the $25 fee. I have made many many calls to customer service and been transferred around in circles and faxed my dispute information to the numbers they give me multiple times all to no avail. There is no phone number for the research department and nobody who can verify if the information has been received and no resolution available except to pay the money that I have clearly documented that I don't owe. My problem with that is that it allows them to steal money from people who don't owe it at any time without cause or explanation. I would be interested to know what percentage of their income is actually stolen from people who pay up just because there is nothing else they can do to have their checking accounts released.

• Mi
                                  Michael41 Aug 24, 2010

Hello everyone, get back to me here... Mike I am, I wrote a check out for Walmart for 21.48, now they did not tell me at all and want to charge 236.00 and I am on disability they want me to go to check writing financial school from county prosecuting attourney's office, I need to defend my rights. Welcome your comments and suggestions and so disturbed to hear about your dismay as well!

• Cv
                                  cverrecchia Oct 28, 2009

I too have fallen victim to these unlawful practices. I do believe they have violated my rights by entering my checking account without any notification and cashed out four $24.00 service fees and used check numbers that were already paid upon resubmission of the origin NSF. They did this 6 days after the check was returned for NSF. I contacted them and the individual asked me if I had been handed a slip of paper from the vendor which I had not received. I thought that under my constitutional rights that this is a violation of due process law. They failed to notify me of this practice where they could enter my checking account and pretty much take out whatever they wanted.

I went to my bank with the printouts from online banking and I explained the situation. I requested an investigation so as to return my fees. This situation ended up costing me $680.00 between all the NSF fees of 32.50 each from my bank. My checks ranged from $1.98 to $l0.99 at the most and has cost be $57.50 between the bank and telecheck all due to telechecks lack of notification. I am on disability and receive low income fixed income from social security only once a month. They have taken more than half of my disability check in one month. I hope to pursue this legally somehow. If anyone has information please post here.

• Cd
                                  cdm Jun 13, 2008

I too have been an unknowing participant involving Telecheck's collection practices. No doubt, I did write a check to Wal-Mart that had NSF. However, the check cleared 1 day later. Besides having to pay the fee from my financial institution, everything seemed to be over with this check...Not even close. Three weeks (closer to a month) I am online banking when I find a deduction for telecheck that has posted. This unexpected action caused my bank account to be deliquent. Prompting yet another NSF fee from my financial institution. Telecheck made absolutely no attempt to contact me about this ckeck. When I called them to dispute the charge for them re-posting my check they said we don't have to contact you. When you wrote the check it was scanned and given back to you. Then you signed a small piece of paper saying that at any time we can withdrawal collection fees from your checking account without notification.

Well, chalk that one up as a learning experience for me. We are always told to read what we sign, no matter how small the print. But if we ask ourselves how many of us look hard at policies on credit card slips, gas receipts, or even restaurant credit receipts. Of course we all should, but most of us don't.

In summation, If you write any checks to Wal-Mart, or other Telecheck clients, ask for a copy of the legal agreement that is that small peice of paper your signing. I was not given one. To me this practice is under-handed and unethical at best.

Thanks to Telecheck, I have paid out a total of 98.78 for what was a 22.78 check.

Thanks Telecheck, that kind of practice will surely put food on the table for poor families.