TeleCheck Services Logo

TeleCheck Services

Having problems with TeleCheck Services?

TeleCheck Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2007. The latest review Telecheck was posted on Mar 25, 2021. The latest complaint Telecheck caused my check to deny was resolved on Oct 04, 2014. TeleCheck Services has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 83 reviews. TeleCheck Services has resolved 43 complaints.

TeleCheck Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 366 2425 (Declined Check Information for Check Writers)
+1 800 366 1048 (Returned Check Collection)
+1 800 710 9898 (Fraud, Identity Theft, Forgery)
5565 Glenridge Connector, N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TeleCheck Services Customer Service. Initial TeleCheck Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TeleCheck Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TeleCheck Services. Discuss the issues you have had with TeleCheck Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TeleCheck Services Complaints & Reviews

Telecheck — Sears wouldn't accept check

Our salesman had to call telecheck to accept our check for our new washer. They said no because Johnny...

Telecheck Services - Houston — Fraud

My wife received 2 letters from Telecheck about how she owed money. It said the merchant was Amazon, showed...

Telecheck — Denied me getting an ATM card

On January 2nd, 2008 my purse was stolen. The guy had my checkbook and wrote several checks. Telecheck...

TelecheckNasty customer service

Telecheck has some very nasty people working for them. I went to foodlion in hopewell virignia. i have been writing checks there for months. nothing ever bounced. i went in yetersday and bought 96 dollars worth of food i needed. foodlion runs my check and i get some "verification" denial. the manager tells me to just call and that most of the time it is no problem. i call and get this woman name AILEEN, ID# 5858. She is some type of oriental woman that could barely talk. She asks me a whole bunch of questions for 5 minutes. Then she tells me im denied and that i need to find another source of payment. i proceed to tell her that i dont have a debit card yet and that the bank is already closed. she calls be by my FIRST name and asks me "what part of find another source of payment do i NOt understand" ? I then went off. i told her she was NOT going to talk to me like that, that I was an officer in the united states army, fresh back from afghanistan, and that if she cant talk to people like she has some sense, she needed another job. I was told I was deneied because the "database" didnt show history of me writing a lot of checks ? Does that make sense to anybody here ? I hate checks. but i had to use what i had til i get my card. i had to leave my food there ... smh.

• Fr
      Fred314 Jun 24, 2014

You don't have your debit card yet because it is a new account. A new account is not trusted. Checks are old fashioned and subject to fraud. Checkbooks are lost and stolen all day, everyday. Pay with your credit card. You are an officer and don't have a credit card? Odd!. Carry cash. Fold it up, put it in your pocket. Old fashioned. Cash is like check but works more often.

TelecheckUnfair practice

Telecheck has been in a lot of hot water and we need them to take them to task. They have paid 3.5 million recently and we need to have a class action lawsuit by those of us who have been humiliated and denied services and goods due to their unfair practices. My check was denied, I couldn't get what I needed, had to find a ride 16 miles to my bank, I am old and disabled, had to cancel appointments and so forth. When I called them they said I did not have a bad check anywhere or a bad history, they based it on a statistical analysis. Bull. Merchants have to belong to Telecheck, I use checks everyday of my life. For example, I have written forty this month. Apparently 39 of them do not belong to Telecheck. Statistically with my history there is 100% chance my check is good. So they have only seen one of my checks and it is good, what the hell are they basing it on? If they checked on one check and it was good, that would mean I have a record of 100% good checks in their system. Please call the FTC when this happens to you.They will take a formal complaint and will give you the number of the Attorney General in your State who will also take a formal complaint over the pohone.If I find this harms my credit report they will find they are fighting a consumer pit bull and will be sorry they ever heard of me. Please join me. Also, can anyone find a lawyer out here who will take on a class action suit?

• Kr
        Krystle C Aug 12, 2014

Telecheck need to quit playing games with people. When consumer calls for answers about why transactions are being denied Telecheck need to step up to the plate and give consumers a direct and positive answer. Instead of a silly answer like lack of history or doesn't fall within our guidelines. Why all of the sudden are they forming new rules every day as they go.

Tele CheckDenial of check

I went to my local market Don Quijote and my check was denied. I shop there once a week and pay by check. I was so embarrassed in line because the tele check operator wanted all my personal information and the store was crowded so everyone could here. Tele Check stated my check number was too small and that is why I was denied. Check # 5334 doesn't seem like a small check number in the amount of $86.00 dollars. Beware shoppers don't shop at Don Quijote

Telecheck — check denial

a check was denied by telecheck at a Rite Aid store. I had another check from another bank with me so I used...

Telecheck — check declined

three days in a row telecheck has denied my check at walmart??? called first day they said the system ha...

TelecheckDiscrimination

Businesses should be aware that if they use the Telecheck system, they may be inadvertently discriminating against honest check writers.

I am a small business owner and work hard to maintain my financial health. To this end, I keep adequate funds in my account, have never written a bad check, and have an excellent credit rating. These facts apparently do not always matter when people write checks at businesses that use Telecheck.

Recently, I suffered embarrassment and stress while trying to pay for my purchases at my local Home Depot and Auto Zone stores. I am a very regular customer at Home Depot and have always paid for my purchases using a check. In fact, the week before this incident occurred, I wrote a large check there with no problem. Over the years, I have spent thousands of dollars at Home Depot and used a check for each and every purchase.

I was shocked when, during a recent shopping trip at Home Depot, the cashier handed my $69 check back to me saying that it had been “denied”. When I asked her why, she just handed me a piece of paper with a reference number and a phone number on it for Telecheck and told me to “call them”. I was very embarrassed, as there were people I knew in line behind me, and I could only imagine that they thought I was trying to pass a bad check.

My first thought was that my checking account had been compromised and my funds depleted. Was I a victim of identity fraud? I immediately went to my bank (where I have had an account for over 20 years), and they assured me there was no problem with my account. The people at the bank could offer no explanation as to why my check had been "denied" by Telecheck.

I went back to Home Depot with a copy of my banking account balance to show the manager that I had adequate funds in my account to cover a $69 check. I told him I was very embarrassed to have my check “denied”. He was sympathetic and apologized, but told me that there was nothing he could do and that I would need to deal with Telecheck directly.

I called Telecheck and, after navigating a lengthy voice mail system requiring me to supply much personal banking information, I finally reached a live person. I asked her why my check had been “denied” and she told me, (in very broken English), that my check “did not fall within Telecheck's parameters”. I asked her what that meant, and she would only repeat the line “your check did not meet our parameters”. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said someone would call me back. Of course, no one ever did.

Hoping it was just a fluke, a few days later I tried to purchase a battery at Auto Zone and that check too was “denied”. I was given another slip of paper with Telecheck's phone number on it, and went through the excruciating voice mail system again, only to be told by another non-English speaking person that my check did not fall “within their guidelines”.

I did some on-line research about Telecheck and was amazed at the number of complaints people have posted about them. Many of the complaints were identical to my experience. People who have written checks for years with no problem, were now having their checks “denied” and they could only get a vague explanation from Telecheck. A couple of States have even sued Telecheck over some of their consumer practices. I am in the process of making a complaint about Telecheck to the Consumer Protection Agency and through our States’ Attorney General’s Office.

I’m sure many readers are asking themselves why I don't use a credit or debit card to make purchases? Well, I have had to start using a debit card, but it should have been by choice, not because my good checks were being “denied” by Telecheck. I find it odd that I can use my card with no problem, even though the funds are coming out of the same checking account my checks were written on. Could it be that Telecheck makes more money when people use their cards?

Thank you for letting me use this forum to vent. I hope other people whose financial reputation means something to them do not have these same types of embarrassing situations happen to them at local businesses that use the Telecheck system.

Telecheck — Bogus Service

I am 53 years old, have had a checking account for 40 years, haven't bounced a check in 30 years, and...

Riverton

TelecheckNot Accepting Good Checks

Way to go TeleCheck! Because of your "over 100 reasons" to reject a good check, I'm now banning any company that uses your service. I haven't had a single overdraft, I don't write excessive checks, and I have sufficient funds to cover my purchases at a grocery store. The cashier told me that it might be because I don't write enough checks there, which is equally as ridiculous as rejecting my attempts, now a second time! How can we possibly establish good standing if you reject good checks? Well...Sullivan's Grocery Store will no longer be receiving my business again because of your "over 100 reasons" to reject a good check. It's no wonder their isles are free from customers.

• Wi
              wifi8827 Aug 07, 2012

maybe this is a sign that its time to start using a debit card like 99.99999% of the rest of society?

Telecheck And Wal - MartThey have screwed things for me

I tell you what, Telecheck and Wal-Mart have really screwed things up for me. My bank account is totally jacked up after I tried to make a purchase at Wal-Mart and everything spun out of control.

I tried to use two checks at Wal-Mart, and for some reason, despite there being money in my account, Telecheck said there wasn’t and denied my check.

I had plenty of money in my account; I even called the bank to confirm. The bank said that they had never tried to send the check through.

Because of the mix up, I can’t use a check anywhere that uses the Telecheck system. Not only can I not go to Wal-Mart to get the things I need, I can’t go and write a check anywhere!

I tried to call Telecheck to figure out the situation, but I don’t think I got very far with them. The representative asked me to send in a copy of my bank statement. I’m not comfortable doing that! My statements have my personal and financial information all over them. I’m not going to just give that out to somone!

Telecheck has said that they will release the hold on my account within 3 business days. I’m waiting to see if it will actually happen.

Telecheckcheck denials

On June 30, 2011 I tried to cash a check at an eye clinic. I had used this same account many times with no problems. The IRS and the State of Michigan have accepted checks from this account among many others. There is much more than enough funds in the account to cash the check (for $1, 998). The check was rejected. I call the toll-free Telecheck number from the clinic's office. The telephone rep said that she was able to correct the problem and that I should try the check again. (It was processed in one of Telecheck's machines). I did and it was rejected again! I then had the lady in the office at the eye clinic try a check from another checking account I have. This account also has ample funds to cover the check amount. I have writtten scores of checks on it with no problems at all. I even recently wrote a check (which cleared easily) to an auto dealer for about 10 times the amount of the current check ($1, 998). This check was also rejected by the Telecheck machine. These rejections caused me much humiliation and incovenience. I had to drive several miles to my bank to draw out cash to pay the bill and had to drive back to the clinic. I did call the Telecheck company a second time but just went round and round with the rep and a supervisor over the phone. I never did receive any GOOD reason why my checks had been rejected. I am trying to protect other consumers from the erroneous and inefficient processes of this company's check verification service.

Telecheck — Denied Return

I received a video game purchased at Wal-Mart for my birthday. I did not want this particular game so I took...

TelecheckDenied Check and Debit Card Transactions

I have a small business banking account, and have utilized my business debit card and checks for years. On 5/11/11 telecheck processing denied my debit card, and a check (both methods of payment). I phoned my bank to for shock of identity theft. They confirmed the correct good standing account balance. The bank also informed me to look for contact information on the denied receipts and to contact the third party processing company. I phoned telecheck, they "updated my information". The operator informed me that the information would be updated in their system in 5-7 business days, do not try to process again, it will still be denied. I then utilized a personal account to pay the vendor. I was on a business trip, the debit card was denied 3 additional times by different vendors. I phoned telecheck today to speak with supervision/manager to try to get this mistake made on their behalf more quickly remedied (because freezing my ability to pay vendors does not work & is nuts), and also to request a letter stating why my account was denied and could not be processed and the length of time this error is to occur. (This letter is needed to put with my receipts, in event I need to justify IRS records for co-mingling personal and business expenses, while my account remains frozen by this inefficient third party company that has complete power to block your funds, and no way to correct mistakes. ) The only way I have found to place complaint with Telecheck is to write a letter to a snail mail address. The fact that a processing company that is not my bank has the complete ability to block all types of funds and render your money useless for 1 week is outrageous. If anyone has suggestions on how to stop this company, please advise.

• Ri
                    Ridiculous Practices Sep 16, 2011

I had a similar experience today, but didn't have my debit card with me. My check was denied due to limited transaction history with telecheck. Um..I have been using my debit card, as we are being pushed to do. I was mortified to be denied at the family owned IGA that I had been doing my weekly shopping with for years. The clerks also had to drop what they were doing to put my weekly groceries back, after telecheck said it was denied. My bank informed the clerks that I had thousands in the account, and it had to be on their end. So, we called telecheck (the phone recording looped, so I was required to enter my information 4 times before getting to a real person). They continued to say that I was denied, so I left an d will not return. I then called when I got home and spoke with a supervisor who then told me she could release my check? I said "No, I'm home now and the groceries have been put away. " I'm now reading that they might electronically charge my account on top of this mess? Absolutely ridiculous business practice. Unfortunately, the businesses will lose customers due to their incompetence. I have seen states are suing TeleCheck in Supreme Court. Maybe we just have to let that run it's course while using cash?

TelecheckRip off

I wrote a check and it was declined. When I called telecheck, the recording told me I had two checks for $17.63 written on 12/16/02 (they were identical), that were returned. After they gave me two different numbers to call, they finally told me that I had one check on their record. I told them that it was impossible and asked where the check was written. They told me the store, which I knew I did not shop at. I also asked them why there was two checks indicated, they said that there was only one. However, the recording is stating that there are two checks. When they asked me what bank I had, they told me the check was written from a bank I had never heard of. They told me to 'just pay it' and when I refused and explained that they were hurting my check writing, they told me 'no, you are by writing bad checks'. I then asked for a copy of this check and they told me to write a letter and fax it to them requesting a copy of the check. They told me it would take 7-10 days. A month later I called them and they told me they were still 'requesting' the check. They said it was up to the 'company' to get it to me, and they should be getting it to me 'anyday now'. Three weeks after that I called again, and got the same answer. Two weeks again, same answer. To this day, I still have not seen a copy of this check, but still cannot write a check. It soulds to me like this company does these things on purpose to make people pay for things, just to fix the problem.

Tele Check Services — returned check insufficient funds

On April 28, 2011 I used my HFS Credit Union draft(checkbook)for the first time at our local Office Max to...

Telecheck — Law suit

Are there anyone insterested in start a Class action law suit against Telecheck for unauthorized monitoring...

TelecheckStole my money

Telecheck took the 251.00 payment for a Sears Appliance Warranty from my account twice, they are holding my money and will not credit it back to me until I PROVE to them that they took it, they can see it right on their computer and admit they made the mistake, Why do I have to pay for affidavit letters from my bank and wait 7 to 10 days after Telecheck receives them to get MY money back. Do not use a merchant who uses telecheck, telecheck steals money and only gives it back if you will fight them for it.

• Al
                        alma newton Feb 21, 2011

David generally speaking your local bank can notarize any paperwork you may need most don't charge, some might a very low fee, and they will help you pull your paperwork together and often will even fax it for you. ask them to keep the confirmation number to prove your case, if that doesn't work find an attorney and file suit, it's time to pull the scammers in court and give them the title they have worked so hard to obtain. file complainr blog on line, what ever it takes just make sure every word you say is 100 % factual.

Telecheck — How to 'get back' at Telecheck

How do you "get back" at Telecheck merchants for refusing your check? Easy - write checks! Buy something...