TeleCheck Services Logo

TeleCheck Services

Having problems with TeleCheck Services?

TeleCheck Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2007. The latest review Telecheck was posted on Mar 25, 2021. The latest complaint Telecheck caused my check to deny was resolved on Oct 04, 2014. TeleCheck Services has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 83 reviews. TeleCheck Services has resolved 43 complaints.

TeleCheck Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 366 2425 (Declined Check Information for Check Writers)
+1 800 366 1048 (Returned Check Collection)
+1 800 710 9898 (Fraud, Identity Theft, Forgery)
5565 Glenridge Connector, N.E.
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TeleCheck Services Customer Service. Initial TeleCheck Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TeleCheck Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TeleCheck Services. Discuss the issues you have had with TeleCheck Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TeleCheck Services Complaints & Reviews

Telecheck — All merchants should quit using this company

The only thing I did wrong was run out of checks and had my bank print me a few checks until I could get my...

Telecheck — Denied Check

On December 13, 2010, I attempted to pay for an eye exam and glasses at our local Walmart. My check wa...

TelecheckDenied

I was at the grocery store in my home town and my check was denied. When I called the company, all they could tell me was that my check was linked to another account. She couldn't explain why. She wanted me to fax or mail all kinds of personal information such as drivers license numbers and social security numbers. I talked to my bank and they recommended that I didn't send any personal information. There was no reason my check should have been denied. I waited a couple of weeks and called back, hoping it was a mistake. Again, I was told that my account was linked to another account but she couldn't explain what that meant. I was very aggravated because she kept telling me the same thing over and over again. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she would start repeating the same information that meant nothing over again. I finally just kept on demanding to talk to a supervisor and amazingly after about ten minutes I got one. After going through all my information over again with her, she told me the reason my check was denied was because I had wrote a check to an individual and when they presented it to cash it, they were asked for identification. Turns out the person I wrote the check to has negative information on their account and until they clear it up, I cannot write a check! That is crazy! I don't understand why any business would use a service that is not even accredited by the better business bureau. After reading some of the complaints on here, this company is bogus and has no business doing what they're doing.

jojotato68 Aug 01, 2015

Went to Sam's Club mid July. Tried to pay with check. Was declined?? Child at counter says, ' Maybe there is no money in the account.' It is a BUSINESS check dufus!
      Went to WalMart end of July, check was declined 4 times. I called Telecheck & was told there is NO PROBLEM MA"AM...but the check was declined anyway.
      This is bull & I am very unhappy.

Telecheckstill have not cleared my check

Once again I fell for the telecheck bull. My bad, but I will never use another buisness that uses telecheck. They told me I would be able to get my checks through again on Aug 5' 2010, I went like a dummy to the grocery store and you know what happened. I take the declined check home call telecheck and they tell me it will take another 7 to 10 buisness days because they haven't cleared the check yet. My comments were then very unpleasant. My bank has said they get several calls a day about them. They recommend a debit card. I have been given several different reasons why my check has not gone through, I am tired of being bull#&^&*#. I am going to seek out a way to put a stop to this. I will not be told when and where I can spend my hard earned dollars, and how much I can spend at a time. It has to be stopped. I have talked to several very good hard working people who have been imbarrassed by this company. Someone has got to do something. There are people out there just as mad as me and I am going to seek them out. Sincerely screwed by the bailedouts again.

TelecheckBad business practices

My husband and I wrote a check to an auto service center on June 24, 2010. The check was refused. We immediately called the 1-800 number provided us and gave the declination code that showed up on the refusal receipt. The owner of the repair shop very kindly agreed to take our check anyway and submit it to the bank through the mail delivery system instead of Telecheck (He had a similar situation to ours and understood!) In the meantime, my husband spent four hours on the phone trying to fix this situation. Telecheck said we had written four bad checks in Ocala, FLA in 2005 and that Chase bank had pinged our account with negative comments. We called Chase and they have no record of us (We NEVER had an account with Chase). Then we had to call Fraudulent Management Systems to inquire about this. They are the ones who told us about the bad checks and when/where they were written. Finally, a supervisor at Telecheck assured us our information would be cleared up. Then on Aug 1, 2010 we tried to write a check at Sears but it was declined. I called Telecheck and they gave me the same information as the first time, that four checks were written in FLA through Chase, etc. As of today, we have to wait 48 hours to hear back because Fraudulent Management Systems is closed on Sundays! Needless to say, we are contacting the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and whomever else we think will be able to fix this ridiculous company. If you have experienced a similar situation, we encourage you to do the same. If there is a class action lawsuit against Telecheck, you can count on us to be involved!

• Th
          ThisMightHelp Aug 22, 2011

There is a class action lawsuit against Telecheck in the state of TN. FYI.

• Bo
          bonehead86 Feb 21, 2011

I am a retired military member. I have been having the same negative experience with telecheck. I don't know who started this company or how they ever received a license from the state & federal gov't. All I know is they are a bunch of white collar crooks out to screw everyone they can get away with. I don't know why Walmart will ever do business with this company. It tarnishes their image drastically. The Walmart floor managers & checkers I have witnessed are so imbarassed by this telecheck ripoff scheme, till they have actually hid in offices. It's time for the Texas attorney general to close this Houston based company down!!

Telecheckcheck refusal for payment

I wrote a check for repairs to my auto for $361.60. Telecheck refused my check and the merchant would not take it, which I can understand the merchant's position. I called telecheck and the refusal was not due to account balance but because I was not registered with them and the check was for a large amount. I asked for information about maximum amount to be on a check and being registered with them. I could not be given that information as each check is on an individual basis.
        This is so outrageous and embarassing. You are denied but can not do anything about it for future use. I have written checks to Walmart for higher amounts.
        This has caused the merchant to lose a customer and I know others who will not patronize this repair shop because of the same experience. I will not do business with anyone who has this Telecheck crap.
        I totally understand protection against fraud and bad checks, but this is outrageous!!!
        I certainly had funds for the check or I would not have written it, but that was not checked. I was told the check did not meet their guidlines, but again could not be explained to me.

Telecheck — declined check

In 2008 I go to Walmart and write a check, the check was declined by telecheck, so I go to the parking lot...

TelecheckWorst experience ever

marybaygents Sep 02, 2014

we went to kmart to get my daughter a birthday gift and some odds and ends 200.18 was the amount denied check i was embaressed and angry we called telecheck number given couldn't give us info because it was a holiday weekend i got through to someone after a two hour of research via Internet they said it was denied because i had a check two week prior that had to be reposted that's has been paid and cleared our bank and we did not have history writing checks at Kmart so we now are consisdered new customers and have to reastablish a relationship with them ( telacheck ) so we had to wait 7/10 days for it to clear from the date check reposted ok fine i waited the amount of time called and was told no negative report and my account was clear with them so we went to our local food store wrote a check for 37.09 and guess what denied we called telalcheck now say we have to wait an additional 7/10 days to be lifted and to keep writting small checks to build a relationship with them what??? we cant build a relationship with them if they wont let our checks thru its our money its not there's who are they to decide when and where we can shop isent that what our banks for ridiculous they don't publish who they represent so we cant even boycott them my husband is swearing off teleacheck all together they are horrible at trying t process anything and rude to boot not to mention they out source to india or somewhere we are honest people my husband pays taxes and works hard to earn his money why can they dictate when its ok or not to approve a check consumer and companys beware we will most likly not shop at the store again they have lost our weekly purchase trip family of 5 grocery budget due to letting telacheck run things for them because my husband wont go back becuase of it

Telecheck — denied my check even though no negative history existed

I was denied a check at Office Depot When I called to find out why its because I wrote a check for over 700...

Telecheck Services IncUnfair Practices

I am writing this letter in complaint as a purchase of mine, with payment from my checking account having well more than the sufficient funds for the amount of my purchase was denied based on information from this company. I do not see how it is possible for ya third party to block access to my money and prevent a purchase that I would like to make. I tried to phone Telecheck to immediately resolve this issue but was only able to reach an automated service which then disconnected me when there was no check number to be given (one was not required for the purchase). I have made many purchases without issue, almost always paid by check, and I do not appreciate their interference with my purchases. I have had the same checking account for 15+ years and now suddenly Telecheck is going to deny me use of my own money to make purchases. I have read through hundreds of complaints about the way this company is conducting business and the numerous customers whose checks were denied despite having sufficient funds for their purchase. The only one profiting from these practices is Telecheck, whose charging vendors for the services and then causing them a loss by denying customer purchases, without valid reason. I have written a letter of complaint to Telecheck since you cannot reach anyone personally to address the issue. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of Metropolitan Houston (http://www.bbbhou.org) and the Attorney General of Texas, Consumer Protection Division (http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml), as have many others, but perhaps a class action lawsuit is in order to address this issue since it is ridiculous to me that any company is capable of blocking access to your own personal funds, causing unnecessary embarrassment, humiliation, and aggravation to the customer.

• Av
                A. Vera Cruz Aug 19, 2012

I have just written a check at one of my regular grocery market about a week ago, upon a later date I had gone to the same grocery market to purchase some items, when all of a sudden my check was declined with a code 3. Well to my embarrassment I was put off by this inconveniently. I literally had to tell them to put my purchase on hold so I could go to my banking institution to see if I had a returned check or some sort. They(my) bank said no there was nothing, and that I had more than enough funds. Tele Check has made it really inconvenient on a lot of us customers. Is there anyway we could remedy a most embarrassing situation with this company (Tele Check). Hate to be going to another merchant who would gladly accept my checks :(

• Av
                Avoid TeleCheck stores Jun 09, 2011

I have been shopping at local Food Lion stores in the Hilton Head, SC area for almost 2 years. Today, for the 4th time my check was declined. After the 3rd decline I call the 800 number for an explanation. I was told that I was outside their "risk guidelines". Pursuing this further I was told the risk was triggered by a "high level of activity" or writing too many checks. I am writing to the Banking Commissioner of the State of South Carolina to determine if TeleCheck has the right to monitor my check writing. Next, I am writing to the president of Food Lion to alert them to these incidents and then I will write the same letter to every member of the boards of both Food Lion and TeleCheck and their parent organization. I write checks at Walmart, Kroger, Publix and Piggly Wiggly, the local utilities and so on...with no problem. Something is wrong at Telecheck!

• Wa
                warda24 May 10, 2011

I had a issue with TeleCheck today (May 10, 2011) :: I was at the Walmart store on Liberty Hwy in Anderson, S.C. where after collecting the items that I wished to purchase I realized that I was short about $10.oo in cash to pay for my purchase therefore I wrote a check with more than enough money in my account to take care of the amount of the check.. MY CHECK WAS DECLINED!! the answer I received from TeleCheck when I called then (in the parking lot of Walmart) was that I was a credit risk .. I asked why when the check was good and my response was because I was not in their system.. and the reason I was not in their system was because I normally pay by cash or credit card NOT CHECK.. AND their response to that was that they had fixed it and from now on I was in THEIR SYSTEM.. Well my response to them was they could take me out of their system because I had no intention of writing a check where they would be involved. I am a 64 yr. old woman and have NEVER had BAD CREDIT OR CONSIDERED AS BEING A CREDIT RISK. This was most embrassing and upsetting to me.. It makes me not every wanting to go back to Walmart or any other store . I also called Walmart at Anderson SC and spoke to the manager and also called 1-800- walmart and talked to customer service.. I also went straight to my bank and told them the problem I had and now I am waiting on a return call from the higher up in Walmart. I live in Six Mile SC. my email address is [email protected]

• Sm
                SMP29 Mar 21, 2011

A check was declined at Office Depot by Telecheck. When I called all they would say is "it fell out of their perameters".

This account has been open since 1994, no returned checks of course it's going to have a high check #. I explained to them I don't write many checks it's cash or credit card. I told them to check the bank balance plenty of $$ there to cover check. I was told they could not access my account. Well, this is BS. They only said the same thing over and over we are protecting our merchant. They protected that merchant out of a sale.

I asked to speak to a supervisor that person said the same thing.

I want to know why I can't write a check when funds are in the bank?

Telecheck you stink.

• Sw
                sweetbabynrs Nov 17, 2010

It's IMPOSSIBLE to talk to an acutual human being when you call the number they give you at the store. I was able to get to an actual person when to www.telecheck.com and clicked on "Consumer Contact" and tried each number until I spoke to someone. I was a check that was 5 years old, from an old bank account, that was causing the problem. They were able to give me all the information and then I paid it by credit card. Hopefully I will be able to return my items to walmart in the next couple days. It was ridiculousely hard to get to a person who could help me.

TelecheckCheck denied for RIDICULOUS reason

I never heard of Telecheck until today. I don’t usually write checks, from the checkbook I was using, in stores. Today I wrote 2. The first one, presented at Wal-Mart in Manville, was accepted. The second, presented at K-Mart in Somerset was denied. I didn’t even know a check could be denied. My purchase totalled approx. $240.00, I had $7000.00 in the account, I had all the proper identification, but it was no good. I was furious. I called Telecheck, while still standing at the checkout, in order to rectify the problem. Afer much hassle and much waiting I finally reached a real person. She explained that my check had been denied because my check numbers were out of sequence. That’s right. Somehow I had accidentally skipped a check, and went back to it today. My check was denied because I had written out check # 1404 AFTER I had written check # 1407, and that put the transaction at high risk for fraud. I explained that there was no fraud, it was my account, in my name, with plenty of money in it, and that I had the proper photo ID, so how could there be a fraud? Unbelievable. So I asked that the next check that I write be approved, because I had a basket full of merchandise that I needed to pay for, and she couldn’t guarantee that the 2nd one would be accepted – and it wasn’t! Unfortunately it is a holiday weekend so I have to be patient, but I can’t wait to get to my bank on Tuesday and see what they have to say about this. I will be requesting a debit card for this account to use in the future, and I will be advising retailers from now on that when they say “Yes, we accept checks”, that they should also add “IF Telecheck decides to approve it, but you won’t know whether they will or won’t until after you’ve done all your shopping.” From what I’ve read online in just the past ½ hour, I realize that this is becoming a common problem with Telecheck. There are tons of complaints about them. It’s just another case of yet another company/agency playing God with people’s lives and people’s reputations. Unfortunately, I’m sure things will only get worse.

• Ya
                  yami0830 Aug 02, 2010

Hello my name is teresa i when to walmart center today and i pay with check and the cashoer said the check in denide i need speak with some in tele check

Telecheck, TRS, Inc.NSF Fees

Beware that any merchant who uses Telecheck can claim deniability for any of their practices. If you write a check that does not clear your bank on the first attempt, but does clear on the second attempt, you will still be charged a $25.00 non sufficient funds fee which Telecheck WILL NOT reverse, even though the merchant received payment for the merchandise you purchased. This is a very convenient method for Telecheck to make money off of a transaction that occurred between two outside parties. Since many major retail outlets/stores now use Telecheck, it is highly recommended that you use other means of payment if possible. These agencies collect millions of dollars off of unsuspecting consumers every year. The best way to fight these practices is to take away their means of profit.

Telecheck out of CA. — failed check transaction

I hired Home Depot to do my roof on my house. I paid 3800.00 for down payment, all went well. March the 17th...

Telecheck — Declined Checks

I had the same checking account for years. Never had a problem writting a check. Would easily write a check...

Telecheckrefused check with sufficient funds

Telecheck refused to process my check for approximately $150, despite a balance in my account that was far in excess of that amount. The check was refused for lack of "history" or something of the like, despite the fact that I have had the same checking account for more than 10 years, never overdrawing the account. After tedious robot-directed calls to telecheck, dropped calls, and having to give extensive account information, driver license number, address, etc., multiple times, I had customer service representatives who were rude and essentially impossible to understand due to their inability to speak English. Is telecheck a complete fraud and do I need to be concerned about identity theft from these ###s? What I could somewhat comprehend from the last customer service agent I spoke with is that I needed to establish a "history" with telecheck before my checks would be honored. My question is how does one establish a history when a "new" check is denied? Do I start out buying candy bars and eventually work up to something over a dollar? I'm boycotting Coastal Farm & Garden for using this ###ic service! There are services available that debit an account immediately like a debit card.

• Au
                      AustinFan May 01, 2011

I had the same problem. I went to buy groceries for the week at my local grocery store(Shop-rite) in Prospect Park, PA & was told that my check was declined because of lack of history. I had written checks there before, this really put me in a bind, because it's on a weekend, my bank wad closed & currently have no debit card(had to get one reissued earlier in the week). All of this groceries, I mean all I'm trying to do is have food in my house, but all I was told was this was the first time I wrote a check there, which is bs, because I had written checks at that store before & no issues then, but now all of a sudden it's a problem, because they don't keep their systems up to date. I was pretty much just given the run around, that my check didn't meet the guidelines. And when I asked what the guidelines were, all I was told was that my check didn't meet them, without them telling me what those guidelines were.

sammibug Aug 07, 2010

This was their excuse when my check was denied at my local grocery store after I came home from vacation. Because my recent history shows no check writing. What about the past year of my checks being accepted by Telecheck? They say I need to write checks every day to keep my history, to ensure my checks will be accepted because I have a history of writing checks everyday. First of all, this is a waste of my checks that I PAY for, and I only write checks when I need to. I'm not going around finding places to write checks to every day just so I know my checks will be accepted when I really need them to. Some of the places I write checks to dont even use Telecheck.

• Ya
                      yami0830 Aug 02, 2010

I have problen with a check today in walmart center i pay with check and they said is decline and theres a money in the bank

TelecheckCheck denial(s)

OK, You have heard all of the unethecal practices by these jerks so do you want to get their attention? Your opportunity lies in their clients, which is who you deal directly with. I suggest you "boycott" any merchants who use TeleCheck for their business associate. Before you do business with a merchant, ask them if they use TeleCheck and if they do tell them your feelings, suggest they change partners, and leave. You will get a sense of accomplishment plus it can make a difference if enough people participate. Please participate!

Telecheck — Scam

I have had the same bank account for 30 years. Recently when I shop at a store that uses Telecheck my check...

Telecheck — Denied Check Due to No History

On Friday December 18th 2009, I attempted to pay one of my wholesale venders with a Company check as I have...

Telecheck — Denied my F#$%2&* check !!!!

Oh what a mortifying time this is . I would like to know how Telecheck can for no reason deny our personal...

Telecheck — wont give me any details why i was denied and no wrong history

i called about a recent problems with checks being denied but at their company they dont have any reasons why...