TelecheckDenied Return

S

I received a video game purchased at Wal-Mart for my birthday. I did not want this particular game so I took it to their store so I could return & exchange for a different one. They confirmed the still brand new & sealed game was purchased at Wal-Mart, but during the process they had to enter my driver license number & it denied the return request. They printed off a sheet saying I must have a bad check in their system. This I did not understand cause I have not had my own checking account for nearly 3 years & it was not maybe a month earlier I had brought back a computer monitor & exchanged it with no troubles. They gave me a number to call Telecheck which handles this stuff for them. I called them & went through 3 or 4 people all stated that according to their system I have not & do not owe Wal-Mart anything. However, I was then told by both Telecheck & Wal-Mart that they could not fix their system from saying I owe money even though I really don't & I would still not be able to return any items. DO WHAT? Their both telling me I don't owe anything & have done nothing wrong, but just because their system is messing up & saying otherwise I get same treatment as someone whom wrote bad checks to them? I admit at this point I told everyone how stupid this was & left, but here I sit nearly 2 weeks since that day & I have contacted both several times with same conclusion. This is the biggest load of crap I have ever been involved with. I don't understand why Wal-Mart wouldn't just let me exchange the game. Telecheck told them I did not owe anything & they confirmed the game was purchased at a Wal-Mart store. I'm trading one brand new game for another brand new game of the same exact price, how could there be a problem with that? I have not been so pissed off over a ordeal with a store ever in my life. I finally gave up on exchanging the game myself, my brother did it for me no problems. Sadly, I will have to always find someone else to return whatever items back to Wal-Mart for me unless they suddenly decide to think logically & really start actually caring about their consumers.

• Pi
    pissed walmart shopper Jun 16, 2013

WALMART sucks and they need to reconsider Telecheck. I do most of my Walmart shopping online. Then I go to the store and pick up my purchases. I have bought a bed, dressers, and a laptop this way. And, many more items. Those were not inexpensive purchases. The transactions went smoothly. However, over the last three months I cannot purchase my Straight Talk minutes ($30.00 purchase). Walmart declines the purchase. I have called many times. They cannot tell me why this keeps happening. Oh, but by the way, "you will not be able to use your debit card to make Walmart purchases until we can resolve the problem." What the hell, I call for help and all you did was screw up my debit card and purchasing ability at Walmart. Now, today, I write a $50.44 check at the store and it was declined. I cannot talk to a person via the phone number Walmart gave me. The recording just keeps sending me back to the same menus. I keep putting all the info in and it will not work nor will it give me a live person. I will never shop at Walmart again. I am done with the battle!

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 17, 2011

@ Here We Go Again

Not hard to figure out how one supports themselves, by working of course.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 17, 2011

I fund my Pay Pal account by online sales & transfers from my Savings account to it.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 16, 2011

OK...I didn't receive a phone call from a manager at Wal-Mart, I must of been tripping or something. I better call the number back & see who I was really talking to. Yeah it is hard to believe that the nasty letter I sent to Wal-Mart actually engaged them to take the problem up with Telecheck themselves. I reckon I'm just better at raising hell than you buddy.

@ gatortracks

Dude I seriously feel for you & your way of thinking. Everyone whom does not have a checking account doesn't have one because they just can't get one right? Lol, I use my Pay Pal account & Pay Pal debit card for everything so as hard as it is for your brain to process it I simply don't have a checking account because I choose not to have something I would never use.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 16, 2011

Wow you really will reach out as far as you can to try and prove not only that I'm in the wrong, but also everyone whom posts complaints here as well. Well you really struck out on this one though as I received a phone call back from a Manager at the Wal-Mart I went to a couple hours ago & they have straightened this mess out for me. Yeah I'm still a little bothered that he couldn't give me a reason why I was in their system to begin with, but he said I have been removed & would not run into a problem if I needed to return another item in the future.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

I posted a legitimate complaint about 2 companies following a experience I had working with them. Seriously, why do we then have to not only go off subject but also rant on with unimportant and rather immature comments?

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

Yeah I don't want some strangers on a random website to know the exact town I live in. Not wanting to give out this information is not me being paranoid dude, I'm not freaking out having a nervous breakdown thinking someone might find out lol. However if you need to label me as paranoid to make yourself feel better in your own weird way then have at it man.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

Paranoid???? I'm confused why someone would say a person being smart is paranoid.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

I don't see how that information would be vital for you to read & understand my complaint.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

It was a local bank not some big chain. The exact name is well just not information you want to hand out to strangers on the internet, sorry I do not wish to reveal my exact location.

Screw You Wal-Mart & Telecheck May 15, 2011

The bank I had an account with roughly 3 years ago closed & all accounts had to be closed or transferred to a different bank. I closed my account & just never got another one. I've always had a Savings account and I simply just never ran into a reason to push me to open up a new checking account.