Menu
TD Bank
reviews & complaints

TD Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

411 complaints
194 resolved 217 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of TD Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:12 pm

TD Bank - can't close an account

I've attempted to close an account at TD Bank 2 times now. I've even gone into the bank and had a manager process the request to close the account to finalize the separation of assets between me and my ex-husband. Apparently, they didn't properly close the account and when all of my ex-husbands bill pays came through TD allowed the account to be over drawn (because it was at $0.00--because they did find a way to transfer the balance out) and then not only did they charge me over draft fees but the cost of those bills! What a terrible bank--they cannot even close an account and as a special treat they won't acknowledge any fault but rather they are trying to send me a bill. This bank is now nearly on par as being as bad as Bank of America.

Jan 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

@Bryru - Tell the collector to confirm the debt after you deal branch manager. Have the branch manager put in writing on their letterhead that he or she is dealing with the matter internally. If you get a call from the collection agency, respond with, "Not my debt. Confirm with your client." All collection action should stop until they've done that.

B
Jan 28, 2012 7:20 pm

I have had the same problem since 2007. The last time I closed the account was March 2011 - I received a check and secured a letter from TD Bank saying the account was closed. On 1_21_12 I received a collection notice for fees incurred in April 2011. I called the main numbers and they said there appears to be an error, but they can not fix it. Go to the branch manager and have them correct it. She had know idea how to get the collection agency to drop the case.

F
10:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On June 24, 2011, I requested a 2-month deferment on my consumer loan (automobile) due to temporary economic hardship as a result of unemployment. Informed that unemployment is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE HARDSHIP, and that I am ineligible for assistance because part or all of my income comes from public assistance in the form of unemployment claim benefits. A bit...

TD Bank - unauthorized payment

I wrote a check to pay my Visa Bill for $1000 from my TD bank checking account. TD bank paid out $2000 instead of one thousand dollars claiming my "1" looked like a "2" even though the amount of the check was clearly written out One and zero one thousand dollars. They charged me $85 dollars in overdraft fees. They admitted it was their mistake and refunded the fees but we still don't have our thousand dollars back in our checking account and cannot pay our bills this week because of it. I thought the bank was supposed to protect your money, not steal it. If someone stole $1000 from me I could call the police and charge them with theft, can I do the same with a bank or can they just steal money from people using stupid excuses? Stay away from TD bank if you don't want your money stolen. I am transferring all to a credit union this week and will never use a bank again.

F

TD Bank - incompetence

I was recently married and my wife and I, both account holders at TD bank went to a local branch to add her to my account. We had proper I.D. and a copy of our marriage certificate with us. We were not trying to take anything from the bank, we were merely trying to add my wife to my checking account. We got an attitude from the customer service girl who informed us the her "back office" would not approve adding my wife to the account since the marriage certificate contained her maiden name and her driver's license has her previous married name. Please note the the SS # on both are the same and Social Security changed her name with no hassle at all. I asked this young woman if she knew of any other cases in America where women were married more than once and she didn't seem to get the logic, I informed her that she should consider that we were not so clever criminals who were trying to put money into the bank instead of taking money out. She again didn't get it. We left the bank disgusted. I called their customer service line and all I got offered there was the location of another branch to try ! America's most convenient bank? B.S.

B
Sep 28, 2012 2:45 pm

I seriously want to get a girl that gave me attitude, fired. I never felt so discriminated in my life.

4:16 am

TD Bank - teller oppened an account without costumer consent.

I have a savings account on TD Bank in a joint account with my kids for several years. As costumer I inquire about personal checking account. The fees and charges to use and keep such account were to excessive that I decided not to open that checking account. After 3 weeks I got a statement that such account was opened without my consent, no down-payment deposit, neither signatures accepting that account was done, and already with some charges for low balance and maintenance. This is unacceptable.

L
1:53 pm

TD Bank - false online gambling identification

I have worked in multiple help desks (Call Center's) throughout the years. I must say that the TD Bank help desk is no worse then any of the other call centers I've personally worked at. Which isn't a good thing. However, before stating my complaint I will say that my complaint itself isn't necessarily the actually representatives that answer the phone or the mangers. They were very professional and not rude what so ever as I have seen in some of the complaints on here. They also did an excellent job of verifying who I was, before providing me any information about my account. I would have to complain instead that it is a top down issue with training representatives.

I say this because upon calling the the 800 number you get different answers from different representatives and I have yet to receive an answer to my question I was calling in regards to. So now on to my complaint.

My debit card has been cancelled for a second time. I was attempting to purchase study materials from a website for a certification test that I am required to pass by June 30th. I originally attempted to make the purchase last month. While attempting to process the transaction I got that my card was declined. I didn't think to much of it as I had been making multiple online purchases and figured maybe it was some type of protection for my account in case someone was using my card to purchase things and wasn't me.

I waited a few days thinking maybe they would call and confirm if I was making the purchases which used to occur when they were still Commerce Bank. This did not occur but my card continued to be declined when I attempted to use it at restaurants and corner stores. I then decided to attempt a TD Bank ATM to withdraw money, at this point I was notified that an Unauthorized transaction was attempted so I went to my "Home" TD BANK.

They were very friendly and professional there as well. They notified me that my card had been cancelled due to online gambling. I asked them if they were able to let me know what website I may have visited that was falsely identified as online gambling. The Representative there told me they could not see this but that they could issue me a new card. While waiting for my new card to be issued they asked what websites I had visited I told them and he agreed that non of those sites had anything to do with online gambling.

At this point my concern was growing that maybe someone was using my card number for online gambling. I asked him if there was a point of contact would could verify this for me. He said that I could call Customer Support and ask to be transferred to a fraud department. Upon calling there help desk and asking to talk to a fraud department I was told that there was no other department I could talk to. I thanked them for there assistance and continued about my business. After talking to all these individuals who could not identify what website I went to that caused this issue, that I would continue my purchases with my new card. I assumed this as I also so nothing negative in my history on the tdbank.com website or in my statements for last month.

I attempted to make the purchase for my study materials for my Microsoft certification test once again. The card was declined. I had a sneaking suspicion that this must be the website that set this whole chain of events off. I again attempted to make another purchase after this one and it went through without being decline. I assumed an error must have occurred on that website and waited a few days. My card again started being decline making purchases everywhere.

I contacted customer support again this morning. The person I spoke with was again very professional and not rude what so ever. However, they were again unable to assist me with my inquiry for speaking with a fraud department or whoever manages the identification of online gambling websites. I was simply told there is no type of dept such as this although I would assume on the backend of TD Bank some type of IT or IA dept would be managing this. The reason I assume this is because I work in an IT Dept and I do something similar to block people from accessing gaming and gambling sites on our network.

I was told that no such Dept exists to speak to and that I am no longer eligible to hold a checking card for my bank account. Now, I can appreciate there positions of not allowing online gambling use of cards, despite all the complaints I saw about this on google when searching for information about my issue. To be honest I couldn't care less about the ability to use my card for online gambling however, I believe there should be some department to speak to if you find a website that is being falsely identified as online gambling so that TD Bank can correct the issue on there end.

So in closing I will say again I am not upset about the lack of knowledge of this issue with the help desk as I have run into this issue with help desk's I have been a representative in or that I have managed. I just believe there should be some type of higher tier I could talk to regarding this issue whose job it would be to know as the lower level analysts within there help desk shouldn't even be dealing with these types of issues.

Just wish I could get his fixed not just for me but for anyone else who may run into this problem in the future, with other websites that are not online gambling but being identified as such.

Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Wow, Mr. Gomez, that is a very unfortunate situation, especially since you never had your original question answered. I will agree, as a former employee, that branch employees and Customer Service representatives sometimes seem to be on different pages, so to speak, when it comes to confusions like this. I am inclined to suggest that perhaps the Microsoft certification website (or another website you may have accessed) is indirectly affiliated with illegal or suspicious activity. Further, if your TD Bank debit card is used for transactions on a foreign server, this activity is sometimes lumped into the "illegal online gambling" category, as those companies' servers do not comply with United States regulations regarding online theft protection, and may not be regulated at all. Hope this helped.

12:19 pm

TD Bank - customer service

I've been a TD customer for only six months but I've already learned the hard way that their negative reputation is completely deserved. After a recent experience, I've come to learn a few things about doing business with this company:

My complaint stems from an experience where the TD website and the mobile app on my phone showed me DIFFERENT, inaccurate available fund balances. This resulted in nearly $200 in overdraft fees on a purchase amounting to less than $30. Knowing that the checking account I wanted to use was low, I even transferred funds from one of my other accounts to cover my butt. Turns out, due to the conflicting info I was getting from the site and app, I didn't transfer enough. My account was $2 and change short of what I needed. That's right, $2 off = $200 in fees.

My calls to two different customer service reps plus a supervisor amounted to nothing. They explained to me that the app and website are not meant to be used as primary banking tools and that it is the customer's responsibility to verify the accuracy of the information they present. Apparently mobile banking in 2011 is very different with TD than any other bank I have accounts with. The customer service reps are trained not to budge, they would not waive the fees even though I explained that I did in fact have the needed funds and would transfer them right away. Not even as a one time courtesy. (I don't think I was asking much.) When I explained to the supervisor that I was considering closing my TD account and moving these funds to my other bank, the response was, "OK, that's your choice."

Scan the comments for yourself. This bank will take you for any dollar they can and provide really shoddy services. Do not bank with TD. They do not care about their customers!

10 comments
Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm

i just love bank's customer services. first you wait for half an hour untill the girl finishes her private conversation on her cell and then u get this ### person to help you whos acting like its not her job. all i needed was some good explanation and this senior customer service representative was so rude. very impatient with me eventhough we spoke the same language. as i was asking her more questions she would get more and more frustrated with me and raising her voice. so who ever goes to that avenue U branch...good luck with this russian girl. i suggest u talk to the manager.

Aug 23, 2009 11:36 am

This bank has Customer Service from HELL. This company should invest in hiring someone that can train theses people to be professional Customer Service people. I called one day to get account information and the Rep Eric asked me for my address and I provided it he told me that my zip code was wrong and I told him I know what the zip is for my town and gave it to him again and he told me it was wrong so I told him to look it up and that I wasn't wrong. He said that he could not help and that I needed to go into the local branch I told him that I was not going into a branch and that I wanted to speak to a manager. As I waited for a manager my thought was how come he never asked me for a second security question? He then comes back on the phone ask me another question and we spoke about the account.

I have called previously and that experience was worst, It was about funds being transfered that I never processed and the Rep told me that maybe I accidently did it. If it was wasn't for the prompting in the being that this phone could be monitored I would have told her a few choice words.

I challenge anyone to act as though something is wrong with an account and to call customer service. Service SUCKS

N
Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Went in to cash a check. One teller was working, the other was sitting there. He finally called the man in front of me and took care of his transaction. The man left and the teller was writing something. Finally calls me to the desk, and I told him I wanted to cash a check. He looked at the check and said he could not cash it because he did not have enough money. The check was for $200. I had to wait for the other teller (who is ridiculously slow, no matter what she does) to finish with a customer. The teller was waiting for something to print. After repeatedly trying to print, she realized there was no paper in the printer and had to go to customer service. Evidently this was hysterically funny. Talking to the manager with the assistant in ear shot, was useless. They did not get another teller, or explain why the teller could not help.
Just because they are open on Sunday does not make them the most convenient bank in America.

P

I've been a customer of TD since it was Commerce, I loved how they are open earlier and close later. Going to local branches I always felt that they treated you well. Recently I had a problem with overdraft fees that ended up totaling in over $200 I called to talk to customer service about it but was given an attitude when I asked where I overdrafted because the initial overdraft didn't show on my account. After this person continued to give me attitude I asked to speak with a manager. This was even worse, she continued to be extremely rude while attempting to figure out where I overdrafted. I then asked for another manager, this woman was very helpful she explained everything to me CALMLY! I then asked her if I was going to overdraft again because I was in the negative and I was receiving my paycheck a week late which is why I overdrafted (my fault I should have been on top of that). She told me that if I zeroed out my account I would be fine. So I did more than that and I woke up the next morning to another overdraft fee. When I callled and spoke with another person she told me that the overdraft fee was from two days before and it was just because they were waiting on the pending transaction. I explained to her that I understood that but why hadn't the other person told me that? She said she should have volunteered the information but because she wasn't part of the conversation she would forward my information to a supervisor to review it. She then told me to zero out my account again, I called two more times to verify that information and spoke with two very nice women who were extremely helpful. I wasn't going to bother with trying to fix the overdraft fees anymore because I really didn't want to deal with it anymore and I knew it was my fault but a few people, one who used to work at TD Bank, told me I should try. So I called and immediately asked for a manger and the manager, Tina, could not have been more rude! After explaining my problem with the overdraft fees and realizing she wasn't budging I then asked who could I complain to about how poorly I felt I had been treated by some of the customer service reps. She wouldn't let me speak and kept interrupting me, she thought I was still trying to get my overdraft fee back when I was trying to tell her that I didn't want it back and what I was trying to do was make a complaint. She continued to say that "ultimately it falls on your shoulders" which is ridiculous because I wasn't talking about overdrafting and if she would have just let me finish a sentence she would have realized that! Finally I got frustrated and yelled "LISTEN TO ME!" to which she repeated "Miss there's no need to yet at me" over and over and over and I was calmly trying to say "Okay I'm sorry" She still continued repeating that even after I repeated okay and said could you please listen to me? she then hung up on me. I called and explained to the next woman about what had happened and said I just wanted to complain about some of the people working in your department and I think that this problem should be fixed. I said I don't think people deserve to be fired or in trouble but maybe someone should give them more training because they clearly didn't understand the concept of customer service. She agreed and then told me that Tina must have refunded $70.00 to my account. I said that I appreciated that but I didn't think I would be able to continue my business there because I'm not going to be spoken to the way I was spoken to. I have every intention of writing TD Bank and informing them of how AWFUL I felt while dealing with there customer service. If they don't do anything to make me feel more at ease they will absolutely lose my business as well as my family's and probably some friends which would be more loss then my overdraft fee.
Oh and P.S. for you TD Bank employees on here who are going to try to defend your customer service and the overdraft policy, I admitted over the phone multiple times that I knew it was my fault. When I was trying to complain about customer service to Tina I said "I know I messed up" that still doesn't mean they have the right to speak to me the way they did. I wouldn't take that from anyone and I'm most certainly not going to take it from some customer service rep at a bank that doesn't realize how lucky she is to have a full time job! I worked customer service for years and I can tell you that everyday I went into work expecting people to yell at me and be rude to me and I never lost my temper with them because that is was I was getting paid to deal with, and it was always wonderful when I could make them happy and deal with nice customers. I would have lost my job if I spoke with my customers the way I was spoken to. The only difference between me and Tina was that when I did it I dealt with these people face-to-face, I didn't have the comfort of a phone line and a cubicle.

Apr 03, 2013 10:39 am

I was on the hold for 15 mins before I got to a rep. She was quick to transfer me to another department. I want again for 15 minutes then the phone went dead. The hold music stopped. I going to have to go I to the branch because they are saying I owe over $200 from 2010! It was paid but never taken off my record. I'm trying to open a business account and this horrible bank is holding me up!

T

I too have been a customer since the Commerce days, and completely regret continuing with TD Bank, they now have the worst customer service in NYC -- which is something considering that they have Citibank and Chase as competitiors.

J
Nov 21, 2010 10:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i totally agree with you powerchick! their customers service reps really terrible! i have same experience like you about them! they should really fired all of them, especially her!, their supervisor! she is so rude and cold and no feeling at all, she deserve go to hell! they should fired them all and make sure they have a good customers service reps! so many good people out there that deserve to have the jobs replacing them!

Jan 28, 2010 12:52 am

he was FIRED for fraud. :)

Nov 07, 2009 7:37 pm

I am having a lot of problems with this bank. I do not know who made this site, nor do I know who reads it and if there is anyone out there who is seeking feedback. Assuming there is, I would like to share the following:

As an experiment I called TD Bank five times and spoke with five different customer service represen...tatives. When asked why I was calling, I said I wanted to find out how to close my TD Bank account and leave TD Bank for good. Not one person on each call questioned why I was leaving or even said they were sorry to hear this or even ask if there was anything I could do. I was shocked. Some of them were even rude.

My issues span from complications with their system to poor customer
service to no longer being able to directly deposit a business check
(they are now not ready until the next business day) to not even being
able to transfer money online from my TD Bank account to a family
member's account who is also using TD Bank. They ...don't use that
technology or system but "purport" and claim to be "America's Most
Convenient Bank."

My advice? Don't tell the customer service people on the phone about
your woeful experiences. They may not care because they have been
bombarded by other customers having the same problems as you. They are
also probably getting treated poorly at their jobs. Go higher up the
food chain and hopefully, this bank will change some of its policies
and turn around. I am not optimistic, however.

Mamie Prout

[protected]

Assistant VP of Customer Relations. Call. Tell someone who can change something.

P

If anyone can find a # for someone who actually has a title above clerk, please post so we may all harrass for better service. Direct deposit missing 2 days and still missing.

5:10 pm

TD Bank - thieves

When I first opened my account here, (when it was still Commerce Bank) one of the questions I asked the rep was "What is the procedure for closing an account?" She replied that it was simple- just draw all remaining funds from an account and it closes automatically.

Two weeks later it was TD Bank. The problems begin.

Two years and an unbelieveable number of problems later, I finally decided I'd had enough of TD's unfair fees, phony overdrafts and disappearing money, so I drew all funds from my checking and savings and moved to PNC.

A few months later, I get a letter stating that I owe them over $300 in account charges. I called and demanded an explanation, and I was told that my accounts were NOT closed and that I was being charged for having insufficient funds. I told her that the woman who opened my accounts in the first place explained to me that withdrawing all funds closed the accounts automatically. I was told that the rep had been wrong and that this was MY problem!

I told them that as THEIR employee had misinformed ME about their procedure, I would not be paying them any more fees.

Now I'm getting letters and calls from the collection company they turned me over to! These ### are unbelieveable. Worst bank I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

4:43 pm

TD Bank - loss of deposit

This is the second time TD Bank has lost a deposit of mine in less than 3 months! The first was a cash deposit handed to a teller. I later checked my account online and I was not reflected. I called the bank they claimed they had no record of it, so I marched right in there with my receipt and it took them 3 days to credit my account.
The second incident was a large deposit at an ATM, I kept my receipt and it was reflected at least for that day as a deposit. I later checked and somehow it is now listed as a DEBIT! I am now on my way over to the branch with my receipt to complain. They have never apologized to me for these serious oversights and I intend to file a criminal report. This goes beyond incompetence!

Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The bank and its employees are horrible. They don't even understand the work competence.

May 14, 2011 2:51 am

"large deposit at an ATM" thats where you went wrong.

S
9:22 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been reading a lot of the complaints listed on here and see that 9 times out of 10 some random login will turn it around and blame it on the customer. Here is a situation I challenge anyone to say is my fault or a lack of responsibility on my part... instead of another example of poor business practices by TD Bank. I have been a customer of TD Bank...

12:04 pm

TD Bank - debit card inaccuracies

They REALLY need to get a better system. First off, I have not once overdrawn my account. I am fully aware of their fees and am always very careful when spending on tight budgets and checking my balances. Yesterday morning, it said I have a current balance of sixteen dollars and some, available balance of twelve. My school allows me to take out increments of five so I did that. I only got five bucks. The receipt said my remaining available balance was 7. This morning, I come to find that I am 3 dollars and 50 cents overdrawn. A small purchase of four dollars was cleared from a few days ago. But I was wondering how I overdrew? It said my balance after the 5 dollar withdrawal was ONE DOLLAR. THE DAMN BANK AND ATM LIED TO ME. It's either a bank error or they gave me the wrong balance through a crappy ATM.

May 03, 2011 3:47 pm

You probably used a non td bank atm and got charged from the atm and then from td and it overdrew your account.

Y
3:49 pm

TD Bank - predatory overdraft fees

I had to abandoned my TD bank account because I was a victim of fraud, A false check was given to me then bounced, The bank said it was my fault the check bounced, that I should have known it was a fake check.15$ They wanted..in the mean time as they took back the check amount I began to get hit with over draft fees, I went to the bank within the time limit and covered everything, Checked the next day and again the account was fine.5 days later they hit my account with 4 overdraft fees...it then begins to snowball..and two days later my entire account is swallowed up by the instant 35$ overdraft fees from their 'Predatory" software which auto automatically takes it out..

So much money was negative that my next pay check would be completely swallowed up .I augured that I was the victim of fraud, and they were punishing the victim, they said we are not but pay the fees anyway..but i cant.

They agreed to take away 2 of the fees, I said ok how about the two that started the snowball effect, they said no just two fees that's it..

I told them my only choice is to abandoned the account, If i put my check in now I wont eat for two weeks.they said ok nice knowing you...we got lots of customers one less doesn't make a difference.

So we all are victims of predatory software by banks and no-one is out there trying to help us not one politician, nobody...

Apr 05, 2011 3:52 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. http://www.giftwithlove.com/singapore

3:05 pm

TD Bank - freezing my account

They froze my account to where I could not write checks, for something I did not do.
Sounds like a law suit to me.
Back Off!

May 03, 2011 4:07 pm

get a life

6:04 pm

TD Bank - worst bank ever.. so unprofessional

I have to say TD Bank should be forced out of business. They have acted so unprofessional and unorganized with me and my business. Commerce they are no longer. They have given me the run-around with excuse after excuse about a certain transaction I'm trying to execute, and it's now two months later! They've held funds, my business is suffering, they've done personal damage to my character because of all the delays; and the delays are all because of how unorganized they are. They never have given me a straight story and blame all the inept idiocy on "new banking policies." I am so frustrated. I feel at times I'm going to suffer a heart attack over it as I have a business to run and can't function properly because of their absolute worthless service. They are unprofessional and have no clue about customer service anymore. As soon as I can, I'm leaving TD BANK, and NEVER looking back. Good riddance. You deserve to lose my business and you deserve to fail TD BANK.

Nov 30, 2011 2:32 am

yes it is the worst bank ever indeed, i had chase bank and i recently open a td bank a/c because of high bal required by chase w/c is $12.00. And this is what td bank charge me $15.00 i was told by the bank rep that it was $4.00 if you dont maintain a $100. bal i said well it was more than half of what chase is charging and only $100. to maintain. Now i just realized that $12.00 fee from chase was fine their atm was so good you dont need envelop to deposit. While td bank atm was still from the 90's era if you know what i mean its not TOUCH SCREEN and theres no envelop by the atm so if go after business hr bring your own envelop with you and if its after business hrs wait till morning instead and do it at the branch so it get processed other wise your atm deposit doesnt processed until 2pm.

11:12 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was charged $100s of dollars in overdraft fees on pending authorizations. I checked in to a hotel that authorized a large sum for security. When the actual charges came in the authorization was still on the account and they charged me overdraft fees. The next day the hold came off! They charged me fees on money I didn't even spend!!! Then the branch...

5:44 pm

TD Bank - lied

TD Bank lies. I was a happy customer of Commerce bank for many years. I like the free checking, free ATM use at any ATM and 7 day service. TD bank took Commerce over a couple of years ago. They promise that they would keep all of the mentioned popular services that Commerce had. I knew it was probably a lie. I knew sooner or later they would get rid of the free services and sure enough on March 9th they ended. The only thing they still have is the 7 day week. TD Bank is convenient for me because there is a branch fairly close by. Even so it is out of the way from the routes I normally travel so it would be a hassle to go to the branch to save the $2 ATM fees. I don’t like to do business with companies that deceive so I’m going to close my account and find another bank even if it charges fees.

May 30, 2012 5:49 am

This bank just charges you whenever the hell they feel like it. It is a horrible bank to do business with. I regrettably had to take out $80 using the debit card advance on my already -$6 account. Then I also had to take out another $40. That's a total of $120 plus the $35 fee for each transaction which equal a total of $190. Now I check my account and it's -$306. I'm getting fed up with this bank. I know I shouldn't take money out that I do not have, but sometimes I have no choice. And it says that there is only a $35 charge for each transaction that overdraws your account. It's nobodies fault that they process things whenever they feel like it. A debit card is like cash and the funds should be taken out of the the account immediately. If I don't get reimbursed the money then they can sit on the money that needs to be paid back.

R
2:50 pm

TD Bank - secured loan

I am warning anyone from banking with TD bank. This warning runs deeper.
I paid off a secured loan 1.5 years early. It was for 5, 000 dollars. I applied for another one, trying to work on improving my credit. I was going to use this to pay off my last credit card.
I was turned down. I was putting the $5, 000 dollar collateral into their hands. They had the money up front.
It says a great deal about a bank when you have money to hand over and you wish to do business with them and they turn you down. Again, if I lost my job, was run over by a train, they had the money in hand.
I am pulling away from this bank this summer and taking my accounts with me.
Pathetic.

Dec 03, 2011 1:37 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

my sister went to td for a loan to consolidate car loan and credit card debt... 30, 000. no assets except for that car but her interest rate was prime plus 1.7 % . I went a week later to consolidate my debt, 38, 000. my rate was prime plus 3.7... I do not get it. I own my own home ...no mortgage, I own 5 vehicles, I have over 140, 000 in mutual/rrsps funds. stocks, just under 40, 000. I make 60, 000 dollars a year at a job that I have had for 20 years . my sister makes maybe 30, 000 at a job she has had not for 5 years yet.
they keep wanting me to do a home equity loan ... but that costs money to do to... if they want to cover my costs foe that sure!
I don't really want to do the equity loan because I am not putting the money into the house...
what gives.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k8q4owp0l/pazz-productions-llc/ I had an item listed on craigslist.org for $20 and got a check from Pazz Productions, LLC for $2, 900.00 and received a BAD AND FAKE CHECK. The bank they deal with is TD Bank North as stated above. TD Bank North is who this complaint is against. Whomever the "buyer" was had the check...

5:02 pm

TD Bank - rip off

Stay away from TD Bank, save your money.
Their online system is totally disengaged from reality. Sequence of transactions doesn’t jive with reality, so your balance becomes negative and TD Bank will change you with overdraft fees. Customer service would not help you at all. They did agree in local branch and suggested not to use online tools to check account balance or look at my transactions, instead they suggested to use a registry book (a paper version of my balance). It is 2011 and I should be able to check my balance and it should be accurate. One day I walked in local branch and asked for my balance; the teller said that they can only tell me what balance I had two day ago. Is this a bank institution or a joke? I think after they became TD Bank, they outsourced and modified transactions processing, because for many years with Commerce Bank I haven’t seen such discrepancy. Few month ago my balance went from $3000 to -$3000 (3k negative). They froze my account and also admitted that it was due to programming glitch. It happened on Friday, so they suggested to wait till Monday till they resolve this issue. I could not use my hard earned money entire weekend, I could not buy anything for my wife and kids. This is ridiculous. I’ve had a very discussing and frustrating experience with TD Bank and just want to let you know what I’ve been through, so you don’t go through this like many people did including myself. I switched to PNC bank and I really enjoy great online tools and awesome customer service. TD Bank will go out of business.

Feb 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Stay away from TD Bank, save your money.

Feb 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I don't use paper checks, I pay bills online, use my debit card in stores and also have a direct deposit. Here goes your damn theory... You deserve to be with TD Bank, go buy a damn cup of coffee and write it in your damn register!

Feb 04, 2011 8:46 pm

I dissagree with you Meggie, I had experience with both banks.

Feb 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Maggie, my PNC debit card would not work if I don't have sufficient funds. TD Bank lets you charge to debit card, draws your account to negative and then hit you with FEES $35 per transaction.

2 comments

They are crooked. They scam and their system does not work correctly. They kept asking for the same documentation and delayed our re-finance 5 months and kept fees:
Here is there office...DON'T Use them, you'll be sorry. Clifford Singer
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:38:19 -0400
Subject: RE: Singer - Loan account number xxxxxx

Roberta and Clifford,
Please see below the list of documentation I need from you in order to verify your loan conditions. Please forward these items no later than September 24th in order to be sure you close on October 4th. Please also confirm that you understand both of you will need to be present at closing to sign as a power of attorney is prohibited.

Insurance Binder for the subject property-must list TD Bank as mortgagee and will need either a paid receipt for the annual premium or an invoice if balance is owed.
Borrower's to confirm and verify current address and explain why credit report shows 830 32 W Main St #328 Lake Zurich Il and 830 W IL Route 22 #328 Lake Zurich Il as current residence. Upon receipt of explanation, additional conditions may apply.
Letter of explanation how Borrower /Roberta worked as a licensed therapist in Ma since 9/2010 when application states borrower has only lived in Ma for 1 year. Prior address was in Illinois; how did borrower work in Ma and live in Illinois?
Letter of explanation from Co-borrower as to how he lives in Ma while self employed company shows an Illinois address. Does Co-borrower work remotely?
Borrower to provide: [X] a copy of the Promissory Note for the lien being paid off via this refinance transaction, and [X] a copy of the most recent mortgage statement for the lien being paid off via this refinance transaction to determine if the Reasonable Tangible Net Benefit requirements have been met.
Please submit a signed copy of your personal Federal Tax Returns (1040's) for 2010 & 2011 to include all W2's and K-1's to support net income of $ $8675 per month from self-employment for Co-Borrower If your income is declining, we reserve the right to re-qualify your application and/or ask for further supporting documentation.
Complete, signed copy of Business Tax Returns for the year 2010 and 2011 to support monthly income of $8675 for Co-Borrower
Please provide the following documentation to support income for applicants if checked: Borrower [X] paystubs covering the most current 30 days YTD earnings to support $6, 666.67 monthly income and [X] 2011 W-2s.

An explanation for the gap in employment for the Borrower if applicable

Linda

Ph: [protected]
Fx: [protected]
[email protected]

Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Overall TD Bank is not up to date in its delivery of banking services. This is the kind of banking my grandmother used.

G
6:06 pm

TD Bank - online banking electronic payments

I tried to pay a bill to "State Farm Specialty Products" - a division of State Farm that does not accept electronic payments. All prior payments went correctly via paper check. But the January 2011 payment was sent by TD Bank (actually a third party that handles their online payments) electronically to State Farm. It was returned since State Farm does not handle Specialty Products bill payments. I called TD and told then NOT to send it electronically, and the payee was reset to paper check. Then I resubmitted payment and it went electronically, and was returned, again. State Farm customer "service" said there was nothing they could do. Escalating to the supervisor, I got the same answer and they even refused to put me directly in touch with their third-party payment processor so I could correct the problem myself.

Update by Glen Marshall
Feb 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Update: TD Bank called me this morning about last week's blog post. They are now taking me more seriously, chalking-up a victory for social media. And they are finally updating me by copying me on correspondence with their payment-processing vendor re: my case. (The initial promise of such copies never materialized, so I felt blown-off.)

Of course one might wonder why I was blown-off in the first place, before I created a public relations problem for them, and why it took them 6 days to even respond to the blog post linked-to by my Facebook account. But at least it's an incremental step forward.

I am now given to understand that this is all an error in programmed logic. Right... Yeah... Ummm... FWIW, as a long-term IT professional, I know better than to ever blame a mistake on a computer. It is *always* a human error. I'm now waiting for them to attach a human face to the problem and its resolution. And, of course, the resolution itself is important.

TD Bank contacts