TD Auto Financebilling - never updated, pretend they don't receive checks

B

I always had a fishy feeling about this company because upon checking my statements, it seems that the balance was never correct. It was always higher than what I anticipated after making a larger payment.

I remembered also that I had removed gap insurance from my loan via my car dealer at the very beginning of my financing through TD. The car dealership (keyes hyundai) was handling the matter and informed me that a check had been sent to TD Auto for the gap insurance cancellation 2 years ago, May 2016.

Recently, because the billing seems so off and there's no way to actually review the balances - they send summaries only per request and you cannot actually see previous payments in your summary which is so so so odd. I looked over it and came to find out that these people had never removed gap insurance (almost $800) from my payoff quote/financing, though they did collect the check.

I tried communicating with them about what is going on and got a runaround. Instead of writing me back, they insisted on a phone call (so there /d be nothing in writing. I insisted that they email me back via their messenger system in the wacky website, and someone finally did and they now pretend that my balance will be updated, only because i called them out on this scam.

Mind you had I not noticed the discrepancy, they would have pretended that they never got the gap insurance cancellation, and they would have happily billed me for it.

I am warning any customer dealing them them. I will be going over all my payments submitted to them, and calculating all the payments I made to them because I have a feeling they scam people and they never update the correct balance.

billing - never updated, pretend they don't receive checks