TCF Banktcf fraud

Beware of TCF Bank!!!
After paying settlement in class action lawsuit for overdraft swindles that bank is trying to get even in regular fraud. First, if you need to get mortgage or line of credit you will have to sign agreement that you will not take any legal action even in case of fraud that bank commits - while bank is dealing with federally funded programs from Federal Reserve Board. If you don't sign it, you don't qualify. If you sign, then bank can do whatever wants, and whatever even criminals are not allowed. If you think that FBI could protect you, you are wrong - they handle cases above $500, 000. Your state Attorney General will not handle it, because banks usually break federal, not state law. If you try to contact Federal Reserve Board, you waste your time - they will pass it to Comptroller of Currency which is very busy. And TCF Bank always will find explanation, e.g. submitting forged document with your signature which is transferred from another document, that you signed. Comptroller of Currency doesn't have such capabilities like law enforcement does. And circle is closed. And bank prospers quite well, each bank branch is managed by vicepresident, at each desk you can see manager or higher official. What you don't see there are customers despite that bank is offering $100 for any new account. The bank learned how to live without customers who only would write complaints, tfu. Hopefully all other banks will try the same, then nobody will care what banks are doing. Until then, don't try to sign any agreement with TCF Bank, unless you have a lot of money to waste.

• Ka
    Karma's a B**** Jun 04, 2011

A.) The swearing on here is ridiculous, it makes you sound unintelligent. Grow up.
    B.) Being on welfare has nothing to do with what the original posting.
    C.) There is nothing wrong with being on welfare as long as you don't abuse the system, so trying to belittle someone by using that term makes you sound ignorant...must be a Republican?? I'm thinking so...
    D.) Being on welfare and having bad credit have nothing to do with each other. Once again, if you're not abusing the system and reporting all your earnings, it is still possible to start a line of credit to better yourself. Just pay your bills on time, or early as well as taking out student loans, etc.
    E.) I, myself, am a widowed mother of one, my husband passed in Iraq. I am one semester away from graduating and receiving my Bachelors' of Science degree for Nursing. I also hold down a "part-time" job, working 35+ hours a week. I receive no medical insurance through my employer. Pride is not an issue for me, so yes, my son DOES have medical assistance through the county. And yes, I DO receive a small amount each month to ensure that he is fed and in good health. Not all people that are on welfare are unmotivated ###s. I'm trying to give my child the life he deserves, and if that means putting my pride aside and getting help from another willing source, I'll do it. Anything for him.
    As for the credit, I have a combined credit score of 726...and I'm on welfare.

Moral of the story is, keep your negative comments to yourself. If you were looking for a reaction, in which I'm sure you were, you got one. I suggest to "Here We Go Again" to not use being on welfare as an insult. Not all of our lives go as planned, and maybe you shouldn't lump us all together as a whole. Everyone's different, and everyone's story is different. Maybe when Equity42 said 'you must work for them' she meant it as a compliment. Maybe it sounded like you knew what you were taking about...you were the one that took it as an insult. Maybe if you would stop commenting on things that have nothing to do with you, you wouldn't be asked if you were employed by said company. Seems like common sense to me, but what do I know, I'm just another loser on welfare, right?

• Cr
    criticalthinker Jun 03, 2011

TCF practices should be investigated. Twice I have started an account with TCF after they offered a promotion. I always deposit enough to avoid any fees. I use the initial acount as a test to see if I like the bank. I do nothing with the account except leave the money there. Twice I have had to fight with them about fees that were not disclosed or the accidedently charged (I do not believe them any more). This time they changed their fee structure without notice. All of a sudden they raised their minimum account balance to avoid fees, and started monthly fees of $9.95. Until you see the first fee, there had been no notice. I have a US Bank account also. They raised the minimum but sent out a notice so I could adjust or close my account. I didn't like what US Bank did, but that was fair. TCF is NOT. I have banked with M&I, Harris, NFCU, BMO, E*Trade, TD Ameritrade, and several others. None have been as deceptive at trying to steal fees from a simple account. I worked in banking for 9 years and am still a finance professional. I consider myself smart enough to be aware of what is right and wrong with banking. TCF is as wrong as their is. I feel bad for everyone that just trusts their bank and does not have an advocate watching their account statements. TCF is counting on your ignorance and apathy so they can take the little bit of money you set aside.

• Eq
    equity46 Jun 02, 2011

Absolutely wrong if you think that somebody on welfare would be granted credit line and it would be granted by your employer. Now I am looking for more people like me who were screwqed by your employer, adding to it attempt of immunity by prohibition of liability lawsuits so it would allow to screw more and more people. Previously single mother from Minnetonka launched class action lawsuit to stop TCF Bank in swindling customers and she was successful. Do you think she was also on welfare ? I hope that if more and more people understand what TCF Bank is doing including illegal prohibition which denies fair due process guaranteed by 5th and 14th amendments to resolve grievances by fair court proceedings will prevail forever.

• Eq
    equity46 Jun 01, 2011

You must work for TCF, mustn't you ? Did you see the agreement ? It says exactly what I wrote - you will not sue them even in case of fraud.