Takealotdelivery and products received.

T Jan 08, 2019

I ordered some items on the 12th of December and then again on 15 December 2018. For my first order some items had to be shipped so I would have to wait 10 to 12 working days and then delivery. My second order was in stock. I was notified that my parcel will be delivered on 20/12/2018. On 20/12/2018 I get a notification that the package was sent to the incorrect courier facility and it had to be rerouted. When I mailed takealot the agent told me it was due to incorrect delivery address on my side. ( Takealot has delivered to this address before without issues). All information I got was that the delivery will be rescheduled. On 30/12/2018 I was notified it will be deliverd on 31/12/2018. My recipient was waiting for the call to pick it up at the delivery address. No call was received. Instead we were notified recipient wasn't available to take delivery. Delivery is rescheduled to 2/01/2019. Finally got the package after numerous mails which was only responded to on 2/01/2019. Now my 1st package ordered... I got the notification that some of it will be delivered on 2/01/2019 the rest on 22/01/2019 and one product has been cancelled as the supplier is out of stock. What happens on 2/01/2019? Same story. Wrong courier facility and the delivery will be rescheduled. I based all my transport on their dates. Thus, I will not receive my package as my transport leaves on 3/01/2019. Takealot will not see me for a while.

To add to the above. When my recipient opened the game in Namibia, some of the cards are missing. So they can't play it. After numerous mails stretching over days, the conclusion is I have to return the package. I told them to courier it from Namibia and back will cost more than the product. Their response is their hands are tied. If they delivered on time this would not have been an issue. If I knew this was the service I would have never ordered the items and would have bought it in the shop. #takealot will not see me again.