T-Mobilet-mobile lies and cannot be trusted!

I am deeply disappointed in T-Mobile’s Customer Service. I have called several times to find that my account was not properly noted. I discovered this when I called to speak with one of your account representatives about my daughters cell phone. I am going to forward you a letter we have sent to Fox 4 problem solvers (a local news station) and also to our attorney for counsel. Before you read the letter I need you to understand that I was a Loyal customer for many years. Your customer service department needs serious improvement. Proper documentation is crucial not to mention the common courtesy and respect. In short my daughter purchased a Sidekick 3 from you used it for a week and called to see how to send it back so that she could get the MDA instead. The address we mailed the phone back to and that she confirmed with your customer service representative turns out to be invalid and now you are expecting us to pay for the phone. I am deeply distraught over this whole situation. To think that a huge company like yours doesn’t offer the least amount of flexibility when it comes to customer service is an outrage! We are talking about $300.00 here; that’s chump change to you but 2-weeks salary for my 19-year old daughter. I’m asking you to please review the notes that still exist for cell number xx and xx At one point in time I was PROMISED that once I receive my statement showing the charges for this Sidekick3 that I could call in and receive a credit on my bill. When I received my bill I called in as I was instructed so that my bill would be credited only to find out that you’ve reneged on your word. What kind of customer service is that I ask you? How can you tell me one thing and do another?

In addition I would like to also file a formal complaint against Matt. Matt was the supervisor that was extremely rude and unprofessional to me when I called in on 09-25-2006. Matt did not handle this situation very well. I was calm cool and collected when I called until Matt began to continually talked over me, rarely letting me speak without his interruptions. This constant interruption got to me to the point of overwhelming frustration which caused me to yell just so he would stop talking and let me speak. I had to say Matt, can I speak. He said yes, I asked can I speak a full sentence without you interruption me. He finally said yes. To which I asked the question, Matt will you look into my notes and find the part where it shows that I called in and a SUPERVISOR PROMISED to credit my account. He said no, he also said that he would not read the notes to me and he would not credit my account. I asked Matt to note my account that I am officially closing my account. As of 10-20-2006 I no longer choose T-Mobile as my carrier for reasons of Poor, Poor Customer Service. I have spent at least 4 hours of my valuable time and effort in trying to get this issue resolved. I do not appreciate being called a liar or a theft. We mailed the phone back to you with the label that was provided; we called and received verification for said address.

At this point in time I have not paid the charges for the Sidekick 3; I will be waiting for your response.
This is the entire story:

My name is Crystal; I am a 19 year old resident of Independence. I am out of ideas for recovery of my money from T-Mobile, and am praying you can help. I have been a T-mobile customer for over 9 years, continually upgrading to keep the latest technology. At the end of May I bought a $400 MDA and a $119 Bluetooth earpiece, which I found to be the ideal equipment for me. This summer while I was in St. Louis, Missouri for my State Boards in Cosmetology, my phone was stolen on July 5th. At the scene of the theft, I saw four police cars, but the officers said I had to call the theft in or they could not help me recover my loss or even apprehend the thief. I called in the report to the police station, and was told to go to a certain gas station and wait for the officers, which a friend and I did. After waiting over an hour, I called again and explained that there were several police cars passing by, but none of them stopped to take my report. I told them I was really tired and asked if a policeman could come to the hotel lobby to take the report. They said this was not possible, and since I was exhausted, I returned to the hotel to sleep. The following morning, I had to return early to Independence, and the St. Louis police refused to allow me to file the report over the telephone. My parents said they believe I did everything properly and none of us can understand the reasoning of the police department. As a student, my part time job barely covers my expenses, so it was important to me to get justice, since the telephone is obviously not recoverable.
Back here in Independence, I went to the T-Mobile store and explained everything, asking what they could do. I learned then that I did not have insurance to cover the telephone like I had had on a previous telephone, a fact of which I was unaware. I told them I wished to terminate my plan immediately, so in order to keep my business, they offered me a good discount on a different telephone which I was unsure I would find adequate, but agreed to try. It was not what I needed so I decided to return it. However, when I looked in the box for the return label, the only one there was for recycling. I called the store to verify the address, read the address slowly to the representative, and was assured the address was the correct one for returns as well as for recycling. I then explained I wanted to order a different telephone in its place. The representative told me to get a tracking number when I returned the equipment, for follow up, if necessary. I did exactly what I was told to do, on July 13th, but when I called to order a replacement telephone on the 14th, and again a few days later, the representative said the telephone had not seen returned, at least to the correct place, and they would not credit me for the price toward a new one.

I was desperate by then, and turned to my mother for assistance. They told her to wait for a bill, and then to call them back, but when she did, they reneged on their word, saying there was no notation in their records that we had been offered this option. My mother and I have considered legal action, but we fear we would have to spend more money on a lawyer than we could hope to recover.

The tracking number they gave me when I returned the telephone to them is XX Further calls to T-Mobile have also produced no results. I had the package insured before I sent it to them, and the Post Office today (September 19th) told me that the package did indeed arrive, but that it arrived at the address on the label. The Post Office can locate it, but for some reason, T-Mobile says it cannot communicate with their own recycle center. I find this frustrating and confusing.

In the past, I know you have helped numerous others who have been unfairly treated, and I am hopeful you can offer more ideas to help me get this resolved. I realize that I am only 19 and am vulnerable to all sorts of dangers and scams, but I am honestly trying to learn from each experience, and become a responsible adult citizen, but being taken advantage of in two successive situations really hurts. If you cannot help, please, at the very least, make my experiences public to alert others not to rely on T-Mobile (and perhaps other companies) to honor their word as well as their failure to document customer service calls. I have learned from this that it is better to record telephone calls or at the very least, have another person on the line to confirm and document calls for customer service. Also, if you have any advice to offer as to how a teenager should have dealt with the St. Louis police situation, I would be grateful to hear it in case I encounter some similar situation in the future.
Thank you for whatever you can do.

Thanks very much for your support,
Susan Hake

NorthKro Oct 08, 2017

Tmobile changes our bill every month without notice or fail. It's never the same amount, with ridiculously labelled charges added on. It is supposed to be fifty dollars a line per month, everything unlimited, period. That is the deal we signed up for years ago. But we have to argue with them at least once a month, sometimes more, like when they say we have used all of our unlimited data. We paid our bill once when on vacation in another state, and they said we had been overcharged by several hundred over the last year. Well duh, but arguing gets your line turned off and sent to collections. They reimbursed us, and our local places charged it right back. Seems like everyone does whatever they want and screw the poor sap stuck with them because believe it or not all the other places have been worse.

• Ge
    George Carlile May 02, 2016

I switched from Verizon to T-MOBILE based on their promises to pay off my phones. I was unable to get cell service where I worked and after many complaints to the technical support department, I was forced to return to Verizon. T-Mobile refused to honor the agreement to pay off Verizon and now I am getting slammed with Bill collection calls and my credit has nose dived. T-Mobile Lied and is a Fraud.

• Sh
    Shanafy1199 Mar 30, 2016

Dear sir, I received a collection notice, reference [protected], agency account30941493.I was leaving USA and called T-Mobile, asked them to stop my service on October second, as I will be leaving to my country .They did not stop the service, and are asking me to pay for a service I never got, I threw the SIM card on October second.kindly try to solve that issue.My email is [email protected]

• Sh
    shani1113 Mar 14, 2016

someone is using my account fraudulantly please stop payment!

• Do
    Donna Mize Cundiff Jul 31, 2015

I did not notice until this month, but for months I have been charged $49 each month. I have no contract with such a company.

marie888 Apr 26, 2014

I have a story when you call to get a problem that should not be resolved they tell you you are HARASSING them and close your accouint. They are horrible

• Ri
    rightman Sep 07, 2013

I had Verizon for 10 years, and the billing on automatic withdrawal. Never did I have one draft problem. With T-Mobile and only 3 months as a customer, I have a withdrawal problem. I get a T-Mobile text at 6:05 am indicating my payment was made along with a confirmation number. One hour later I get a text that my payment is past due and phone is now inactive and to dial 611 to activate. I try to call but keep getting put on hold until finally the phone disconnects, and when I do get thru it wants me to recharge a card or pay a bill that in reality does not exist. I try calling service number [protected] and also get the same drill, and also disconnected . Then I use my land line phone with Cox and was able to get thru. The lady on the phone with the Indian accent found out that their billing center accidently removed my payment as soon as it got the payment. In other words their billing system is faulty, and not up to any standards other carriers pride themselves on. If it happens again I will cancel my account as I spent 20 minutes on the phone fixing something that was their problem to begin with. Anyone who has this happen while on vacation could have found this even more disturbing.

SAN_pre Aug 01, 2013

T- Mobile customer services are useless and complete irresponsible as they can only blame someone within their company but cannot help customers with their phone problems .Good Bye T-mobile ...

D. Pountney Sep 20, 2012

Take my advice have no dealings with this company you willl regret it. It has no customer service. It will defraud you at the first available opportunity.

D. Pountney Jun 14, 2012

I had dealings with this corrupt company, dont trust them they lie and cheat

D. Pountney Jun 08, 2012

I had a similar experience. T- MOBILE are greedy, corrupt and even lie when there is no need to. Its probably the worst of all the mobile companies.

SalehSaleh Jun 02, 2012

I have been a t-mobile customer for several years. After upgrading my family plan to include texting, I have run into some troubles. I called customer service, and after I thought I resolved the problem, she asked me to upgrade the plan from 500 to 1000 shared minutes for free because I am a loyalty customer. After a few hours, the problem never corrected itself so I called again. When I asked to verify the cost again, the price was increased from 60 to 80 dollars, even though the previous lady told me otherwise. I am writing to complain about your poor customer service, since the lady lied to me repeatedly, saying that the price doesn't change even though she is changing the plan. She tricked me into believing I was getting a good plan even though she was putting a plan in place that she didn't even mention to me, and just kept lying to make me believe I was getting the other plan. I am very disappointed to find out that I can't trust their customer service anymore. Terrible customer service.

• Lo
    lorrie61 Dec 28, 2011

Lorrie Moran-Plante

I tried to get out of my contract for a web stick. I explained that it won't work in my home and I don't think I should pay for a service that I can not receive. I was told that per the contract Tmobile can not guarentee service in all areas however I would still need to pay for this "non-service" each month and that if I cancelled I would be required to pay an early termination fee of $250.00. I can NOT believe that a company can enforce a contract that forces it's customers to pay when clearly no service is being provided. I want to bring a class action suit to force tmobile to change its contract. Anyone interested? fb me: Lorrie Moran-Plante

angela bewick Oct 02, 2011

mobile number [protected]. im deeply disturbed about the way you are taking my payments for my bills. you recently took 148.00 pounds out of my account on the 28th of sept which was not due to be paid untill the 3rd of october. you have done this to me several times now and have left me with bank charges to pay because the monies were not there, you have taken it out 6 days before. i have therefore cancelled the direct debits. i want a bill each month sent to me before i pay you any more money and it will be paid by credit card. i think your service is very poor and your staff attitude stinks. when my contract runs out i will not be returning to t-mobile and i will recomment to freinds and family not to use your service. regards . mrs angela bewick

• Gm
    GM2000 Sep 02, 2011

Hey, after visiting a T-Mobile Store my phone was cloned and international calls were made. Maybe someone in the store is involved in the scam. T-Mobile refused to investigate and, since, has charged me for everything but the kitchen sink. Don't use T-Mobile and if they merge with AT&T, don't use AT&T.

• De
    Desperately Seeking Justice Jul 31, 2011

I appreciate all of your time to post complaints so that I am not the only one who went through a terrible experience with T Mobile. I ask: did anyone ever had the success to get the money back that the customers deserve or after filing the complaint?
    Here is my story:
    2/2010 - our deaf son's pager was stolen. So my husband called T Mobile to report it stolen and please to have the account on our son closed which T Mobile agreed to do so. During that time, I was ill and my husband was overwhelmed with his heavy work load from his job so life moved on.
    7/2010 - our phone got cut off so my husband called to find out that we owe $4000 on the bill!! He requested again to have this account closed because our son's pager was stolen and asked for credit on our bill. With repeated calls to different supervisors, they said no - they will not credit our account - they acted as if it is not their fault but would close this account but we still owe $4000. We learned that all the calls were made in South America! But the account was closed so the bill is set to be $4000.
    8/2010 - unfortunately, by then, my illness got worse and found out that I was ravaged with cancer so went for chemotherapy treatments for the next 8 months and my husband took care of me let alone worked full time. You can imagine that we just could not deal with this issue while I had been working hard to get well.
    7/2011 - Thank god, I am now well and am in full remission but am not in "remission" with this bill!! Since we want to refinance our house as soon as possible, we wanted to remove this case from the collections agency so my husband last week ended up paying the whole bill (racking up our debt higher). Now I realize I cannot let this go - FOUR THOUSAND dollars!! I am deeply upset - it is a lot of money that we could use for us to survive on while paying for our medical bills.. I have returned to work and have limited energy for now still recovering... Please tell me how I can successfully get the money back. I mean I don't have time and energy to drag this on - if only I can get this justice done swiftly. Maybe I am dreaming but it would be really appreciated if I can get it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Liz

• Mm
    mmom Jul 08, 2011

I am so upset right now! I have the Samsung Vibrant and it keeps malfunctioning on me and I've had to do a factory reset on it twice! I went into the store (number 8103) to get help from a representative and in the process of removing the back of my phone he damaged my case. After resetting my phone (without even notifying me that he was going to do so--I lost everything on my phone) I asked if T-mobile would reinburse for the damages done and he said no. He told me I should go back to where I bought my case (the mall across the street) and have them refund or exhange it because, "it's not suppose to break off like that". Of course it's not suppose to be like that! He should have handled it with care. I've taken my battery out often and have not damaged it before. So I asked to speak to a manager. She came over to me and said, "I'm sorry, but we can't be responsible for that. We had to take it off to get it fixed". Yes, I understand they had to take it off to fix it, but in the process of doing so you damaged it! So, how can you not be "responsible" for what you have done? I asked to speak to someone above her and smiling she says, "I'm the only manager here". I leave and call 1800-T-mobile to have them help me resolve this issue. Get this! The rep over the phone says that she will reinburse me the money only if I make a committment to be a permanent customer with t-mobile (I'm currently on a month to month base). Seriously? That is ridiculous! With this type of customer service who wants to be committed to such a company! Because I said no she said there was nothing else that she can do for me. I couldn't get any contact information to the district manager, or manager over the phone. She claimed there wasn't anything the manager could do that she couldn't have done. So the only option left is to write a letter! No email, no phone call, but a letter ONLY! How incovenient! I'm very displeased with this company!

Now Wise! Jun 08, 2011

I have had T-Mobile for 2 years now and they lie about everything they do. If you are to get a new phone for problems from one person, they hang up on you you will never get it. From credits, fixing problems, or dates they lie!

I have HAD ECHOING AND MAJOR PROBLEMS ON MY CELL FOR OVER ONE YEAR! WITH DIFFERENT CELL PHONES, SIM CARDS, USE IN OTHER STATES STILL NOTHING!

BAD SERVICE AREAS ALSO! WORKING ONLY ON HIGHWAYS, AND THE INTERSTATE IF YOUR LUCKY. Live in a small town good luck!

AndrewWali Jun 07, 2011

T-mobile lied to our family. They said they will give us a 1 month (this month is on us is what they said) due to the inconsistencies in service and other issues we were facing. After they took $190 from my bank account that same month they said I will not have to pay they denied anyone has ever promised a month for free and that it was not noted in the account. After hours of trying to prove to them that i was not insane and they did make that promise, they said they will honor it this time just to get me off the phone. They they charged me $190. The 3rd month I called and said the same thing, why did you guys charge me, you said you were not going to; they said there is nothing in the notes to support that. This is one issue...Just recently I called in to increase all our lines to unlimited because everyone went over. The extra charge would have been $45 to my statement. I confirmed the change in rate plan and the additional 2 year commitment. 4 Days later they tell me that I denied that option when the representative gave it to me. Are you kidding me? Lies and Lies. T-mobie Tmobile sucks big time. They are run by trained liars. They know nothing about Customer Service. They need to start recording their lines. My friend also said the same thing, that they promised her a free month but never gave it to her. Why do they have to lie? Maybe because they know you are tired to a 2 year contract and you wont pay the $200-$400 cancellation per line...maybe that's why they can lie. I suggest we all file a class action.

• Pr
    ProvideUsBetterService May 11, 2011

I was a customer for Flexible account. Last year, I used this number as a Pay as you go until now. This phone number work just fine because my last added money was in March 29, 2011. On May 5, I went to a T-mobile shop to add more minutes to my account. One of the staffs told me that my account was in a wrong account type. I explained him three times that for this account if I did not pay it monthly the account would turn to be Pay as You Go account (like their staff told me to do so). However, the new staff only kept saying my account was wrong and told me to change to a new sim card to correct it. I asked him to transfer the money that left in my old Flexible account. He said it could not be transferred. So I ended up with 1) paid $10.89 for a new sim card, plus 2) losing $26 of the old account for nothing. I called so many many time to T-mobile Customer Care, after talked through 10 staffs. I got to speak with the customer service adviser who add $50 to re-open old account my account. T-mobile really ripped me off. Now I will have to pay $ 10.89+26+50 to get the old phone number and will loose $50 in my new phone number if I continue the process. In conclusion my options are : a) lost $37 and stay with a new phone number; b) lost $137 and get my old number. So which stupid way I should pick??? NO-WAY. The only fault I did was to get advice from their staff at the T-mobile counter!! Choosing whichever option the company will charging me for their employee's stupid advice anyway. This is very ill company. Do not use their service ever.

• La
    Latasha81 Apr 26, 2011

T-Mobile are liars stupid

• Ej
    ej4514 Apr 05, 2011

Why is it that no one can explain to me, in Customer Service why my phone is being disconnect on the 7th of the month when my bill is due on the 7th of the month when on t—mobile website it states that PAYMENT DUE ON 7th. And tale me I do not qualify for a regular plain because of my phone was turn off on the 7th 12:00am. The company that I work for get a discount on t-mobile services but t-mobile says not with the flex account. I PAY MORE FOR 750 MIN AT VERIZON I CAN GET 1400 MIN AND A IPHONE FOR THE SAME.

• Ze
    zeroferrel Feb 24, 2011

Wow there salesperson just wants to make money. I tried to go exchange my hd2 for a replacement phone because the software was meesed up, but they wouldn't let me. I still had the 1 year warranty plus I pay six dollars a month for insurance. They refused to because the salesperson said he "didn't see anything wrong." He does not own the phone so how would he know. I canceled my account right away and they were trying to get me back but it was too late. Shame on them. And it's sad to see the salesperson flirt with another person inside the store. So sad. Tmobile shop was in Minneapolis(Highland Park). The asian guy was the one who served me. They just want to make money. And it was funny how he was using an Iphone 3, yet he was a tmobile salesperson. It's like saying I shouldn't use tmobile.

• Tm
    TMOBILxxx Feb 17, 2011

I hate TMOBIL! I could go on and on and on with reasons why and how they rear ended me on numerous occasions but it makes my blood boil more knowing there is NOTHING i can do to stand up for myself. They are a HORRIBLE company and need to shut down ASAP

• Gu
    GUEST100000000000000000 Feb 16, 2011

this is purely a garbage company. Their customer service is the king in the world. Please let everyone and anyone knows never to use their service again, never.

• Gu
    GUEST100000000000000000 Feb 16, 2011

This is a rubish company . Please tell everyone and anyone, never use T-Mobil again!!!

• Ju
    Jules P Feb 03, 2011

Just finshed talking to Tmobile who informed me my contract was extended for another year 2012. Plus they could NOT produce the paperwork for the contract! I requested to have it shut up NOW and will not be paying anymore phone bills. I am truely lost with this company and their lying (one guy telling you this and then another person telling you that) how does a company like this stay in Business?

• Ji
    jillem Jan 28, 2011

I upgrade my phone on Tmobile.com for a free one whenever it tells me Im eligable. Well January 22, 2011 it told me I was so I picked the 3G dash and it was $18.00 fior upgrade fee $5.99 shipping I went to submit the order and it didnt confirm the order so I called Tmobile spoke with Angela and she said well Im in your account and the phones are no longer free it looks like it took your order. She said if you do not get it in 5 days I will send you the phone for free with free priority shipping and I also had to swith my phone plan around so I would have internet now. Oh and she also said she would call me that Monday the 24th to let me know whats going on, she didnt I called at 8:00 pm and they said its still "pending" and will send Angela an email to call you. She didnt I called the next day at 7:00 pm and was told to be patient its under control Angelas doing a great job she will call you the 27th. So here it is the 27th still no phone still no call so I call at 5:00 pm today and was transfered all around and was at 1st we no longer have Tmobile dash 3Gs available where we are so we will reset your Tmobile account to the 22nd so you can choose another free phone and asked for my entire social security number my phone plan since I switched it also that day. She said no asked fthen put me on hold for ten minutes and when she came back said oh sorry your not eligable for a free upgrade, I said if I wasnt why would Tmobile.com tell me I am (I have upgraded 6 times on the website it never accidentally gives me a free phone!) she had no reply adn then said "is there anything else I can help you with?" Wow T-Mobile Sucks. Luckty for them they will be out this months phone bill and the early contract agreement because Im sure when they took my whole social security number they realized I probably wont pay my bill for $260.00 and thats cheaper then the "free sorta phone"

• Pa
    parbhucrwon Oct 25, 2010

My dad and I, last month, went to the T-Mobile store to get an upgrade on our phones. After we had purchased the phones, they gave us the rebate form and didn't tell us that we had to buy the txting or the web plan with the other phones to get a rebate. On my phone, I have the internet, so i got my rebate, but unfornately my dad and my mum didn't get the rebate back and were denied. My dad went back to the T-Mobile store and told them that, he wanted his rebate and they told him that he will get half of his rebate if he got the txt messaging on his phone. He was mad and walked out of the store!

• Mi
    MichaelJB Mar 26, 2010

I just wanted to voice my strong disapointment with T-mobil. With thier customer service, and thier over charged bills. I lost my G1 and was told it was going to cost $130 to get another one. For six years I was with Verizion and never paid over $50. The day after I filed for my lost phone, my friend who is with sprint, lost her $400 phone and was only charged $50 to cover a new one. I feel this complaint will go nowhere, and I will never get answer back from T-mobil. I hope T-mobil will get back in touch with thier costomers, or do they really even care?

• Al
    Algonquinjcalhoun Mar 26, 2010

I have to respond to this one line by line, or "as to the Cards", as Hamlet would say.

Bill for July - $466. I pretty much thought "Buh?" BUH? IS THERE AN ENTITY ON EARTH THAT SAYS BUH?

Checking the usage, I find nearly half a month of June is included. YES, MOST CARRIERS CHARGE FOR USAGE FROM MID MONTH TO MID MONTH AND CHARGE AFTER USAGE
    Calling T-Mobile I discover that when their satellites malfunction
    TMOBILE DOESNT USE SATTELITES FOR CALLS IN THE US
    calls are routed through another carrier,
    WHICH IS CALLED ROAMING WHICH IS FREE IN THE US
    those minutes (498 in my case, more than 50 of which still within my allotted June usage) being plopped
    UNLESS YOU ARE SPEAKING OF COW FECES, PLOPPED IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE TERM
    onto the next month's bill. I was under my minutes in June, but they applied ALL of those minutes as overage for July.
    WHICH MEANS YOU WENT OVER YOUR MINUTES IN THE BILLING PERIOD
    I called them. After I threatened ending my contract early they agreed to take out those that would have been free in June.
    WHICH MEANS YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING. YOU ARE JUST STUPID.
    The rest are still being applied.
    Look...IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE WORDS "LOOK" AS IF YOU WERE SPEAKING THEM, WHICH IS STUPID ENOUGH IF YOU WERE SPEAKING THEM, THEN YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE IOTA OF CONSIDERATION FROM ANY PERSON ON THIS PLANET. GO MICROWAVE A HOT POCKET AND PAY YOUR ###ING BILL, ###.
    those minutes weren't viewable under usage for June. Had I known I was that far over, I wouldn't have made that many calls? T-Mobile should eat those minutes, or at the LEAST give me time to pay them off SEPARATELY from July's bill. Grrr.
    YOU ARE STUPID. YOU CORRECTLY SPELLED THE MOST EASILY MISSPELLED WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE YET YOU SAY THE WORDS 'eat those" AND "give me time", WHICH MEANS YOU KNOW YOU ###ED UP AND WANT SOME TIME TO PAY IT OFF.
    Pathetic, wretched human being. When I pass by a dumpster tomorrow, and I know it is you in there, I will take my apple core and bean your head. Pathetic.

• Di
    dianaw Mar 21, 2010

We are on the phone with T-mobile AGAIN. They changed our plan without notification, then they claim we are on a contract again. LIES, ALL LIES. And our phones don't get calls or messages for 2-4 days. WHAT A JOKE, I am switching to Sprint. My 3 kids have been on Sprint for 3 years and no problems, great service, no arbitrary changing of plans and contracts. T-MOBILE---try to charge me the ETF, bring it on!!! I HAVE PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE IN SUEING, I AM AN ATTORNEY!!! LOL!!!1

• Di
    dianaw Mar 21, 2010

We have had same problems

chercat Mar 17, 2010

TMobile is the worst cell phone company EVER . I have been trying to resolve for awhile now some fraudulent practices that they did on my son's family plan account .
    They told these two 21 yr olds that they could switch over to a new plan that had no annuan contract for a fee of $70 ( two new activation fees to swithc to a new plan for phones that were already acivated !!!) I believe that in itself is probably illegal .
    The bill plainly states that they have the Even More Plus plan - in order to have gotten that plan ( which has NO contract ) there is a higher monthly fee for services but the so-called advantage is that you can cancel at any time and are no longer locked into a lengthy contract - they were told by the scamming rep ( they are all scammers and liars there, believe me ) that is what they had to pay the new activation fees for in order to switch to the no contract plan,

Now they are separated and we tried to cancel one of the lines - the Tmobile rep was not helpful at all and I asked for a supervisor who was very rude and not at all knowledgeable. First she told me that we could not cancel without their fake $200 per line fee because they did not have the Even More Plus plan - they had the Even More plan which had a contract. The BILL CLEARLY states that they DO have the Even More plus plan and that is the higher rate they have been paying for .
    Then I explain that they are no longer together and she said they can do a Change of Responsibility at no charge . I say great - but I advise that the girl is not working and then she says OH, let me read the legal language . IF she cannot afford to pay for a paty as you go plan, they you still have to pay the $200 fee ! I told her she changed her tune within minutes and she denied she ever said that there would be no charge for a COR.

Then she said we misunderstood what plan we had - I said YOU REP . misrepresented the plans then and your website misrepresented the terms of you are all scammers and liars .
    She reads me a notation that a Tmobile rep " educated the client " about the Even More plan - I told her to " educate " her employees and stop the lies ./

I am making it my personal mission to put these people out of business and am spreading word everywhere possible so please join me in that mission - they are the WORST EVER .

AT & T is awesome so make the switch as soon as you can get out of the fake, lengthy probably illegal contracts with Tmobile .

• Km
    KMatt Jan 11, 2010

I continually receive wrong information and overall poor service from T-mobile

JaCki3 Dec 14, 2009

tmobile should be more clear with the details of the contracts...
    my mom n i got a fam plan w mobile to mobile n a week later she returned her phone n i went to a single line but they dnt tell me dat da feature of mobile to mobile was gone
    i cont' makin calls 2 tmobile #s thinkin it was free n my bill came to nearly $300 when it should only b of 60. n theyre makin me pay it

• Ka
    Kathryn B Nov 15, 2009

After reading all the complaints regarding T Mobile it is really scarry to get invovled with a company that has atrocious business practices.
    But, doesn't all large telecomunication companies have the same irresponsible greedy business policies, and lacking accountability towards
    the customer.
    What is a customer to do? We all need cell phones, it is an every day life line. It is frustrating, sickening, and disgusting trying to deal with
    all of their pee on employees who takes their cues from the top executives with hugh salaries who don't give a damn about the very people
    who keep them in business.
    We have a problem with rebates that was sent in and got letters stating that we didn't qualify for the refunds. The salesman at T Mobile
    sold us a phone and gave us 2 rebates forms to send in. We didn"t know that we had to purchase "unlimited text messages" in order to obtain the
    rebates. We bought the phone for $291.00 with the intention of getting back $150.00 with 2 rebates, that would have brought the cost of the
    phone to $141.oo. We thought with the rebates the cost of the phone was reasonable. Now we have to get "unlimited text messages" for 2 months
    at $14.99 before we can cancel the service. Does that not sound like being scammed? The salesman did not inform us of the "unlimited text
    message " requirement at the time we purchased the phone. We found that out too late by mail. It is a mess. We have gone back to the T Mobile kiosk
    in Costco and spoke to another saleman we will find out on Monday (Nov. 16, 2009) what happens with the rebate.

• Gl
    Gloria Anzaldúa Aug 02, 2009

T-Mobile doesn't give a crap about your problems. They just want your money. They train their employees to watch their AHT (Average Handling Time), if you last more than 5 minutes in a call, your supervisor is yelling at you "5 MINUTES!!!", not to mention if you go to 10 min, LOL. So employees are forced to just take care of the basic issue and give the customer ### answers so that he can finally release the call. And about properly commenting the call? Give me a break! Sometimes they are too lazy to do that, were doing something else or are about to leave for lunch or for the day. And you know who gets the bonuses at the end of the day?? Them!! and you know who gets fired for wanting to take the time with their customers to resolve their problems because they really care?? The good representatives, for "not meeting the required metrics", which in this case is the "Average Handling Time.

P.S. T-Mobile only allows to place customer on hold for a maximum of 2 minutes. In those 2 minutes you have to walk sometimes across the center to find another supervisor because your supervisor is busy helping other representatives. So if they receive a call when is obvious that someone else has made a mistake and they need a supervisor's approval in order to fix the problem guess what? They won't do it because it would take a long time to take care of that issue and will mess up their whole day stats.

• Re
    reba_17 Jun 24, 2009

my mom brought me a side kick 3 for my 17 birthday and when i got it the sales person said that i dont have internet i will have to pay for that and if i had internet on my other phone it wouldnt work, i asked him would i still be able to send pictures and get pictures and he said yes u can. the internet thing didnt bother me becoause i went without it when i first got a phone from them. well i went home and i was going to send a picture to my friend and when i went to do that i relize it went to email. well i put her number in thinking it will now its to a phone not an email adress but it didnt work. so my mom called them and asked why isnt it working, the guy said i will look and see why isnt it. my mom asked him does it need internet and he said no. well i had this phone for 2 weeks now and my mom been calling every day about it to see why cant i send pictures, every body she talked to said 'no she doesnt need internet to send pictures'. well my mom called this store that sells alot of different phone and he said ' she DOES need the internet without the internet she cant send or reseve pictures' so my mom called tmoblie again and found out i do need internet to send pictures. so yea i was mad because my mom was told alot of times from different people that worked there that i dont need the internet and to find out i do need it kinda made me mad. my mom asked how much would it to get internet on one phone and the sales person said 'with your bill now it would be 150.o0 and of course my mom got mad and hanged up .. t-moblie's sales people really should get on the same page becuase this cant keep happening every time i get a phone and i dont have the right service for it and they tell me i do.

• Wi
    wingding Apr 28, 2009

I have/HAD a prepay account with T mobile... I paid $106 for 1000 minutes.. {MARCH 30}Before my yearly due date APRIL 17 th 2009 I was suppoae to have my 810 minutes added... Well I call the center and give my credit card information and afterwards Im thinking Im good for another year with all these extra carry over minutes... GUESS WHAT??? at the end of april now I get my credit card bill and T mobile refused payment !!! ??? GET THIS... MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY ACCEPTED THE PAYMENT but according to Tmobile THEIR VERY OWN department DENIED PAYMENT for absolutely no reason at all... All he kept saying was it did not pass the Tmobile company VERIFICATION PROCESS... SO without knowing a thing and never being contacted WHATSOEVER by either email-phone or letter, the end of the month is here and I get my credit charges bill and it is not there... SO I call them ... Guess what... It's ALL MY PROBLEM.. MY FAULT.., 810 minutes taken away...
    4 hours and 30 minutes of 33 different people bouncing me all over the place - some trying most not - AND ONE Very Smart ### at the end who was almost laughing and telling me to go ahead and sue and see where it gets me...with a little chuckle...
    IM DONE WITH T MOBILE... THIS WAS THE WORST TREATMENT I HAVE EVER SEEN...ON THEIR ELECTRONIC GLITCH...UNREAL...