T-Mobilecontract scam

I went to the tmobile site ang signed up for a monthly-billed flex pay account. I asked 4 different representatives to be sure that this was NOT a contract. Each assured me that it was simply on a month-to month basis no strings attached. So tell mw why is it when I went to cancel they said it would cost me 200 dollars to cancel my contract?

Contract? I signed NOTHING and
I agreed to NO CONTRACT

The representative said that I agreed to a 2 year flex pay contract by ordering a discounted phone. I don't see that information written even in the tiny print anywhere on my order form or any paperwork.

What can I do legally?