Symantecspyware virus removal

E

I paid 99.00 for spyware & virus removal service, a 30 day program to eliminate spyware from pc. Was on for hours and hours and hours. Got rid of problem but eliminate sw on machine including symantec antivirus sw. Now they are telling me to take my pc to the original provider! They will not fix the issues they created. Was on phone a second time for over 8 hours being bounced from agent to agent. They told me to take my issues elsewhere. When i asked for a refund they scheduled a time for customer service to contact me. I still have not been able to fix my pc or get a refund. What a scam!!! Stay away from this service.

not a computer whiz Oct 02, 2011

I had a similar problem with Norton. My daughter let her 360 protection lapse and a nasty virus entered her computer. I spent hours trying in vain to get rid of it. I finally called Norton and a technician diligently worked for 1.5 hours, also in vain. She transferred me to the "fee" service they have - $99.99. I paid it. After a few minutes - and being knowledgeable about the virus the computer had - Open Cloud Security - the second tech told me he could not extract it - as it replicates too quickly. Told me he would have to erase my hard drive, and reinstall my operating system; although I could not locate the HP reinstall disk. Fortunately in "safe mode" I was able to back up my daughter's files. But then I saw an HP "recovery" tool on the computer. I told the computer to delete any programs that were installed in the last 3 days. It did, without affecting any files, and viola, the virus was gone. I reinstalled Norton and on my way. 10 minutes tops, except I had to reinstall FoxFire. Norton gave me a full refund after I explained all to a call facilitator, a supervisor and an escalator.

• Ed
    Eduardo Cappia Sep 25, 2010

It´s impossible to get the out of Norton Automatic Renewal. I had tried many times to get the acess to the option on site... I think they are kidding with me, (a software company) they send me to ask this option by phone. It´s incredible...

Someone help me.

Or I need to do this by phone???

Symantec, Norton could be a Hell Company?

thanks

• Pr
    priscilla.l Apr 17, 2010

I HAVE HAD A DEBIT OF 54.88 TAKING OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER USED THE SERVICE HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING MY E-MAIL IS [email protected]

• Su
    Suzanne29 Mar 16, 2010

I did noot authorise this transaction. I want my money back please. My bank statement does lie

• Sh
    Shmarley77 Mar 13, 2010

I also had a virus program enter my new computer recently after I downloaded the norton antivirus 360. I contacted online support that confirmed I had a serious virus. They went on to explain that I need to pay 99.00 to get rid of it on top of the 70.00 I just paid for the supscription.

• Li
    Liz19640000 Feb 18, 2010

I have been purchasing Symantec products since the 1980s and I have seen this company deteriorate into nothing but a scam. I resently bought a new computer which came with Norton 360 preloaded and free protection for 3 months. My computer was still infected by a virus which compelled me to use system restore. At the end of the three months, they billed my credit card $75.00 for a renewal and I never even directly bought the product! How did these ### even get my credit card number. They billed my husband also eventhough he had removed Norton and installed Trend Antivirus. These guys are preditors. I say stay away from all Symantic products.

• michelle2010 Jan 11, 2010

I have gone a online bank to withdraw money. There saw a new device (iPhone’s Credit Card Terminal) Have anyone any idea about iPhone’s Credit Card Terminal?

• Ha
    Hayate Jan 11, 2010

I was billed $68.03 on my credit card for which the activity description of the monthly credit card statement says "Norton Annual Renewal [protected] ON. I have four operating computers in my house installed Norton products but three of them are still have 400 days of subscription remaining and I canceled automatic annual renewal for the other. I do not use other Norton product so I do not understand why I was billed. I did not receive any notification by email about this billing beforehand. I think the number written in the statement is telephone number. I am living in Canada but I am English as second language person. I can read and write English very well but have some problem in oral conversation especially communication through telephone. There is no reason I have to pay to the unknown charge without any chance to oppose it. Does any one help me to solve this problem.

Martiki Jan 07, 2010

I have been charged with for product that does not work. I would like a credit applied to my credit card.

No.5513158ARBMD7P6X7M-charge number-12-08-09

• Fa
    Fangdashan Nov 30, 2009

Found charge of 174.99 on debit account from DRI*SYMANTEC MYORD.COM/SYM MN
    I have never purchased anything from Symantec. It's bad enough their software pops up messages about how "unprotected" my computer is whenever I turn it on without stealing my money.

• Rb
    rbird55 Nov 20, 2009

I renewed my virus protection and now I notice I have been charged the same amount for something else I did not order.

• Wa
    wabryan Nov 10, 2009

I also paid for coverage from Norton(Symantec) in the amount of $64.19 on 10/13/09 Now i am told that i do not have coverage What a scam... If I don't have coverage I want my money back. what a mistake to select Norton for [email protected]

John Crosby Oct 23, 2009

I was charged Twice on my VISA card for a virus protection. Both charges were on my latest account summery dated 10/03/2009 and posted on 10/05. Charges were $68.98.
    John S. Crosby
    4237 Bobcat Cove
    Niceville, FL 32578

• Ju
    JUAN SOTO Oct 01, 2009

I did not buy a Symantec Software, I do not know USD$148.00 charge is in my credit card.

4 last number 2284

• Ca
    carol eskin Sep 22, 2009

was charged twice for symantec/norton product
    8-31-09 #[protected] $46.98
    9-1-09 #[protected] $46.98

• Ha
    haven`t got one Aug 26, 2009

i renewed my account with norton on the 17th aug 2009 at 10:25:30 and the money has been taken out of my bank account, but my computer says it is not connected to the package i ordered, which was norton 360 premier v3.0 - 1 year- upgrade on windows xp/vista. so at the moment my computer is not protected, could you sort this out please. the order number is1651915435.

thankyou mrs mitchell

• Ed
    Ed Jul 28, 2009

I just paid last July 24, 2008 for an annual subscription to the Norton Security System at a cost of USD63. Today they advised me that my annual subscription is due to expire in 26 days. This is a scam they are doing.

• Ru
    Ruth Hines Jul 21, 2009

I ordered antivirus software on-line from Symantec & the program would not download. They charged my credit card anyway. I want my $89.98 refunded back to the credit card I used.

Marcus Jul 20, 2009

I ordered a symantec virus protection plan for $67.98 which I was unable to install on my computer. It was paid for on my master card in may, and I looked for a telephone number to call on the bill. I didn't see this e-mail address until today. Where can I get return of my money or directions to install?

Mathew Jul 08, 2009

I purchased Norton Annual Renewasoftware foar 41.99 and was billed a second time for 39.99 by Symanted which is Norton also.

Sassy49 Jun 20, 2009

Iordered Norton Protection was charged for $66.98 for 1 year of service, no my computer says that I am not covered with this service and I need to pay again to have this service.

• Ns
    nsncy buckridge Mar 24, 2009

i reordered norton for one year-on my visa i'm charged
    39.99 for symantec. I do not want 2 of the same thing.
    Please remove from my visa and cancel symamntec

[email protected] tusco.net

\
    nancy buckridge -Code 11d53

[email protected] tusco.net Nancy buckridge

• Li
    linda c mccowan Mar 02, 2009

I tried to renew my subscription for Norton Antivirus. I just got my credit card statement & have two charges for the service. Please credit my account.

• Pa
    Patricia Betz Feb 26, 2009

I recieved my credit card statement. Reading that you have charged me double for Norton anti virus.
    Please correct this problem immediately. I would like a reply stating that you have recieved this notice and corrected this error. [email protected]

• Si
    Simard Jocelyne Feb 13, 2009

I never authorized Symantec to pay another subscription with my credit card. I don't understand this action and I don't appreciate it.

So, I ask you to cancell the charge of 45, 14 $ US to my credit card immediatly and maintain my subscription to 24 February 2009 only. That's it.

Thank you!

CC. Message sended to Symantec

Kimberley Crisp Dec 29, 2008

neutral just want to be refunded.

Kimberley Crisp Dec 29, 2008

just would like to be refunded the over charge.

Kimberley Crisp Dec 29, 2008

I was charged twice for norton antivirus software and would appreciate one of the charges returned to my account. It was taken out of my bank account on Nov. 17, 2008 Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you, Kimberley Crisp

• Bb
    bbangerter Dec 23, 2008

On November 25, 2008 I processed the renewal to my Norton AntiVirus software for a fee of $49.99. I have 2 charges on my credit card statement for the same thing.
    My direct contact info is Bill B. phone [protected]

Louisville_Wayne Dec 15, 2008

I read your complaint with get interest and found my experience as bad if not worse. Perhaps we can find security in numbers. I have created a petition to get some resolution to this matter and hope that you will sign it and pass it along. I have also included information from the Better Business Bureau on Symantec that I should have looked at earlier.

Could not agree more. We should seek security in numbers and get results don't you think? Check this out...

Check this out:

• Mi
    Michael Speechley Dec 06, 2008

I have just received an email confirming you have renewed my subscription for 2008 but I did get a manual prompt last week and had already renewed it myself so I do not wish to be charged again and want to opt out of automatic renewal please. Code is 261901

• Sy
    sylvia Dec 02, 2008

I have been charged twice for symantec and can not get a person on the phone through the number [protected] NY. these charges gave me a over limit charge of 39.00. I need a number to talk to a humen.

• Id
    I.Daborn Nov 19, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me. I renewed norton and then was billed by symantec and norton. I never wanted or bought symantec! What is going on?

• Id
    I.Daborn Nov 19, 2008

I have been billed by symantec for renewing my norton antivirus . I have also been billed by norton for my renewal. Both have been put on my credit card. Why is there bouble billing for the same renewal? Please refund my money !!! I never wanted two bills nor two renewals for the same service. Hope this is done immediately as money is scarce today. Sincerely I.Daborn

• Ca
    Carolyn Barnett Nov 15, 2008

Please explain to me why my credit card was charged with 49.99 for your services when I have Norton and just renewed my service with them.

• La
    Laura Spector Nov 13, 2008

I renewed my Norton...thought this was adding only an additional $9.99 for service but they charged a seperate fee of $66 plus...want to cancel...charge off of my visa

• Am
    Amy Whitney Nov 10, 2008

When I tried to sign up for virus protection on my computer the DRI*Symantec on 10/05 didn't appear to go through. So, I tried it again on 10/08 and now my credit card shos TWO charges of $49.99. Obviously I only need one virus propection and I want the other charge credited to my credit card. Amy Whitney

• Je
    jerry grundy Nov 08, 2008

I Do not want them billing my credit card automatically even if they e-mail me first. If I want their product I will persue them. If this is not changed I will stop payment on my credit card for the product I just bought