Swift Transportation Services Logo

Swift Transportation Services

Having problems with Swift Transportation Services?

1800 800 2200 (Customer Service)
1866 902 2043 (US West)
1866 902 0940 (US East & US Central)
1877 772 1846 (Owner Operators Liason)
+1 866 437 3050 (New and Experienced Drivers)
2200 S. 75th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona

Complaints & Reviews

Swift Transportation Co.avoid this place at all costs

I went to Swift to get my CDL's the first time I have ever driven a mass truck, and the first time I held a CDL license. Until I got a letter from the Deportment of Public Safety stating my license would expire in 30 days. Putting me in danger of losing my present job, which I had to take 3 days off with no pay to retake the test, that I thought I had already took. Plus Swift got over four thousand dollars from me for that school. I want my money back.

• Dm
      D Martin May 10, 2011

I went to Swift to get my CDL's the first time I have ever driven a mass truck, and the first time I held a CDL license. Until I got a letter from the Deportment of Public Safety stating my license would expire in 30 days. Puting me in danger of lossing my present job, which I had to take 3 days off with no pay to retake the test, that I thought I had already took. Plus Swift got over four thousand dollars from me for that school. I want my money back.

Swift Transportationstay away

I dont know what to do anymore i worked for swift for 6 months was never late on a load and never had a log book violation. then one day some *** civilian driver decides to rearend my trailer at about 5 miles a hour on purpose my dm tells me dont worry about it people do this all the time anyways the statie finds her at fault for the accident all of a sudden 3 days later my dm calls me and tells me safety in phoenix is charging me with a preventable accident and to call phoenix.

i call safety in phoenix they tell me they dont know what im talking about all of a sudden a month later i get pulled into the syracuse terminal and they tell me that i have t sign a form and go on probation or get fired because of that accident whe clearly i was rearended so i agree like a *** to go on probation.

about 10 days later while leaving the customer it was a tight spot i couldnt close my trailer doors i had to pull out so i can close them as i pull out te trailer door that was opened the chain thats hooked to it snaps and my door lets go hits a wall and falls off the hinges.

swift tells me i all set its faulty equipment that happens to drivers all the time i wont get fired for it next thing you know they tell me to bring my truck to the ocala terminal for a b service i do and boom they fire me staright bull.

now i try to get another job and my dac report was screwed up so i found out a way to challenge swift on my dac and they agree with me so they take the accidents off my dac report so now i believe i can get a job now right wrong.

because eveybody runs my dac report its clean but then they do driver verification forms and swift puts down that i was let go involuntary and i have 2 preventable accidents when none of those are even my fault i loved my job does anybody know of a company i can go to that just runs dac reports and doesnt go to swift for driver verification please let me know because i wanna take my hard work to a company that can appreciate me

• Jb
        jbink May 07, 2011

TMC is a flatbed company and they train and pay you right plus offer home time every week and still pay about $500-$600 a week

• Dr
        DriverX Jun 05, 2011

SWIFT IS DEFINATELY KNOWN FOR PULLING SOMEONE IN WITHOUT WARNING AND FIRING THEM...

Another victim of swift Jun 12, 2012

Back in "03 i was so "SICK" of swifts ### MILES and i even still have my pay stubs til this day to prove it, one paystub is for $79.00 and not t mention HALF ### directions, i decided to quit when i was in belingham wasington drove back to nevada turned in my keys and said i quit, two weeks later i get a letter in the mail saying i was terminated, all this happened after i spent a month alone driving after being out with a trainer and a trainee, then they tried to get me to pay them back for putting me thru driving school then reported me to collections when i wouldnt pay, well lets say i had the "LAST LAUGH" not only did they ot ge their money back its also not on my credit report anymore with it being more then 7yrs, so HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA to those morman [protected]@#K SUCKERS!!!

Swift Transportation — hiring illegal immigrants

I choose not to leave my name and date, but I will say the accident happened in 2007. I was operating a...

Swift Transportationbad drivers

I am a current Swift Driver and I have been reading some of the complaints on this site. I am also retired from another career in law enforcement and I really do not have to worry much about the job security (lucky me). I drive to see the country but I also believe in a good work ethic so I do my best even when I am frustrated. This job can get the best of you if you let it. Like any other labor service, not much is required in terms of education to do the job, so if you are expecting that kind of professional treatment, you are in the wrong business. The same statement goes for most of the "management" in the company. DM's are not really company managers, for the most part they are your mouthpiece (dispatcher) to the real mangement which is the Terminal Manager and the Dept. Heads, Like maintenence, fleet, etc. These are the people who have the juice at the local level. But ultimately it is the Terminal Manager who is responsible to the company for what happens at the terminal. If you notice, there is no real avenue to upper management unless you are bold enough to find names and email addresses of those people and contact them. And in cases where those people are contacted by drivers, they tend to try and hide by contacting the Terminal Manager to intimidate you and your complaint and directing you to not contact anyone but them. But legally, if you have a way to contact those people then don't be afraid to use it, just document that you did it and when. Now, if you are merely posting your frustration on this website then you are not doing much to help yourself. Most drivers have gone through the usual intimidation tactics that DMs and others use. And it's usually your conscience that they target to get you to comply to what they want from you. It's called indoctrination. Some of the lines include "Per company policy" or "This is the what the job is" or "You agreed to do the job" or my favorite "this is an atwill job". The truth of the matter is that you can be fired at ANY time from ANY job in the U.S., the question is; Can the employer say it was for cause? (meaning you knowingly or purposely violated a rule or policy) Thus not having to pay the unemployment payments to you. Know your Driver Handbook and the DOT laws that directly pertain to you, memorize them and understand them, they are you best weapons. Corporations do not see you as an individual, "literally" you are a number. But not to fret, so is your DM and the rest, they are numbers as well. The real trick is "Proof" and legal proof at that. What is legal proof? First is direct testimony, Your word or recollection. Next is documentation; Did you write anything down? Next is tangeble; Do you have pictures or other documents such as receipts or broken parts? Then comes witnesses and so on. Getting mad and venting on the phone helps a little in the heat of the moment but it is largely what is expected from you and really useless, DMs are trained for that. So here is what I do: First, keep good paperwork. Your scans are great proof especially if you document arrive and departure times on the BOL and any other notes that you think are relevant like weather conditions, rude peoples' names, faulty equipment you are directed to use, etc.. Second, use the email address of your DM/Dispatcher to communicate problems with them or anyone else in the company but don't your address given to you by their system. Use your own email address or create on on gmail, yahoo with your name ex:[protected]@yahoo. In most cases they will not respond directly to any of your claims via email because the lawyers tell them not to. They will want to call you and tell you on the phone in some politically correct story, the law says you cannot record a call for evidence and if you do it has to be legally identified, but you can record a call to dictate notes to yourself with and convert the words said to a journal or email to yourself. Remember, emails are time and date stamped, create a folder for your sent and received messages and move them into it as you go along. But be very professional and do not use profane language. Be direct and to the point and even with boldness, and name the names of the people involved. If you are making a claim for compensation then state in the email somewhere that it is a claim for, ie. "please accept this as my claim for $25.00 as detention on order #00001", This is considered legal notice, and it is now a permanent record. Now here is the difficult ones. If your company uses qualcomm then take digital pictures of all of your messages, use muti pics if the message is long. Then transfer those pictures to a folder on a computer and rename them by the date and time on the message ex:[protected]). Believe me, you will thank yourself later. This is a timeline in addition to your log and can be used as "direct evidence" in any proceeding. Record "all" messages you receive on the unit, even if you think it is useless. Next, if your company has a website and a way for you to see your pay statements and or performance evaluations and emails they send you, Print them or store them on your computer or get copies when the occassion arises, keep a good file of them. Next, Write an email to yourself to record statements made to you by anyone in the company, remember, it's timed and dated and therefore admissible in most cases as a journal or diary, remember to get names and the time it occured, many companies record their calls onto a data base that they can keep for up to two years and listen to them later. Next, keep up on your company and the complaints against it in the courts. Companies are always being sued by someone. If you have a computer then just type in the name of your company and the word lawsuit. You'd be surprised what pops up. You can join a lawsuit if it pertains to you and your situation. Usually the plaintiff attorney will be on it and you can contact them directly. You can also look at company activity if it is publicly traded to see how it is doing financially. When you research a company, look for patterns, such as the same kind of complaints and who is making them and why and where. This can give you great info on where the problem people are.

Now here is a couple of don'ts, Don't rely on what you hear from other drivers or even from dispatchers or DM's. Company personnel are trained not to tell what they think you don't need to know. You are really NOT an employee, YOU are really a contractor/employee, it's kind of a legal limbo between the two. If you are serious about your complaints, then don't share them openly. Certain drivers love to spread rumors and bragg and snitch. If you are serious about your job then be professional at all times and don't blame customers for your problems or time spent at their locations. If you are not sure of how to word something, then seek help away from the business. Call an old friend or teacher and use a dictionary. Remember, your writings could end up in front of a jury. And always treat the people you are complaining to as if they were a jury, Be professional and to the point and always stay on point, don't let DMs sway you away from what you are claiming. That way your story never changes and is consistent. Now, here is a tactic you can use if you want to. Recently, drivers have been informed about the the new CSA guidelines. You should always remember that if you are the one responsible for the truck and load then YOU dictate weather or not it is safe for operation. If you are being harassed by a DM or other company personnel, when you get to where you are going (home) to do your hometime, Do a PTI and note "ANY" little thing you find and present it to the shop for action, fill out the paperwork yourself, not your DM. If it is a company truck then it has to be inspected by the shop and delt with before you go back out. We all know that aging trucks always have problems, and if the equipment gets enough reports on it from the shop then the company investigates it for liability. Again, remember, the company is about numbers and not your feelings. Business is business, and it works both ways, you just have to make it work for you as well as them. Hope this helps some of you and if you work for Swift, check this out

http://www.hbsslaw.com/cases-and investigations/swift_transportation_lawsuit

it is a link to a lawfirm (Hagens&Berman)that is handling a current lawsuit on Swift, go on it and check the "related news" on the swift lawsuit concerning routing miles. If you follow the recent Swift Company on the kiosk or website news then you know about the recent message about Maptuit directions on the qualcomm preplans and that the company has gone public and B service is now every 35k miles, all of these are related to cost. Usually when a very large company goes public, it is an exit strategy for the owner. DM's and managers will dismiss this as just another rumor and that is fine, But if you understand how the courts work then you will know that something like this usually ends up with a settlement of some sort and does not actually go to trial. I could be wrong but then again...all you have to do is check and maybe even join the lawsuit like I did.

Another tip: Many companies are announcing "weekly hometime routes and lanes" be careful with that, get all of the info you can before you drop your job for one of those companies, get your deal in writing first.

• Qu
          Quite my but Apr 02, 2016

Truck with license plate 2475912, Swift truck just parking in the middle of the travel lanes at Flying January I-81 X-323 Winchester, Va, young black girl and she didn't care if no one could make the turn around her truck. Until the manager had to make move her trk.
          Theses are some of the reasons why trucks are being toured up.

Comments

Swift Transportationcheated me on disability income

They chose the cheapest policy for them and cheat the drivers, who don't earn the same amount every week, out of the correct amount for their disability insurance. They don't report the amounts to the insurance company according to the policy. I'm sure I am not the only driver that has been treated unfairly. I would just like my former employer to report the correct amounts so I can be paid the correct amount. I paid for these benefits, expecting to be able to use them correctly, when and if I needed them. I am being paid 20% of my income instead of 60% and am unable to pay all my bills.

CommanderBigBalls Aug 16, 2012

Sounds like a bunch of BS on your end... You should have been known what you were getting into when you started. I am sure you were not fully informed or you are one of those people that get into jobs and suddenly "get hurt" so you can collect that disability income. Funny how Swift is such a huge company and you are the ONLY one with a complaint about your disability income... hmmmm... sounds like you are one of those guys that like to live on workers comp...

• Ri
            Richar . Murdock Jan 02, 2015

There are state law on how much they are suppose to pay you on disability normally it's 2/3's of yournnormal pay do the math

Swift Transportation — cdl scam

Swift is held responsible for yanking over 5000 cdl over nationwide I need a legit lawyer I graduated with...

Swift Transportationrip off

I'm a driver for swift and I did they lease program n from day one they been rippn u off, they don't pay u right miles n on top of that they treat drivers bad u break down u waitn like all day to get through to someone on the phone...overall they the worse company ever drove for and I drove for like two years. Maybe if they treat drivers and pay drivers the actual instead of wantn to gype them outta 50 plus miles maybe they wouldn't be hiring new people every day, cuz unhappy drivers make business bad for company

Swift Transportationlies

I drove for swift from march 08 till oct 09. I never had a log violation or ticket accident was never late on a load. I was called into the memphis terminal and was told that the terminal was laying 75 drivers due to lack of freight, and that I was eligable for unemployment benefits. well I got home to mobile al. and the next monday I call tennessee and applied for unemployment, I recieved 2 chacks and then was told that they said I was fired due to log violations. my wife got sick and went into the hospital for congested heart failure, kidney desiease. things got better and I started looking for work it was now 2010. I applied for work for 3 companies and was turned down. my wife got sick again and has been in the hospital on 3 diffrent occasions and now had her legs amputated. I have applied for work in a diffrent feild, i contacted hireright and had then send me my report, on it was a statement that I had been involoved in an accident killing someone and both vehicles had to be towed, I am in the process of suing swift and hireright for slander, back pay and anything else I can get.

Swift Transportation — poor treatment mentorship program

I recently was in Swifts Mentorship Program. I was the worst experience of my life. I was yelled at several...

Swift Transportationfireing after accident

swift transportation left me in jersey for 5 hrs after an accident without calling, elegidlly trying to find a place to give a dot drug test. by the way they could have just sent me to the hospital. it would have taken 20 minutes, but no they left me on a street corner during thunder storms for 5 hrs before they called me back, then didnt even arrange to get me back home. and to top it all off they put that i refused the drug test and fired me the next day. i never refused to take the test if i had i would not have waited the 5 hrs for them to call.

• Mi
                  Mike McC Jan 15, 2011

I am curious I am about to go to orientation with Swift and I have read all of the "Complaints" on here and I have to wonder if Swift has in excess of 13, 000 trucks on the road and there are less than 20 complaints here I have to ask..."How bad can Swift be?"

Swift Transportationunsafe drivers

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM, ron crowell <[protected]@gmail.com> wrote:
                On Saturday afternoon 230 pm your driver came into Kimberly Clark, Fullerton, ca to pick up a empty trailer, his name was William Montinaza. Truck # 301699 license # 2KE120
                And i gave him trailer # 539260.my problem is he damaged my front bumper as he made a left turn to exit the truck yard. a second person looked at the damage to my car. Looks like his tire rubbed my bumper as he was driving out. It wasn't until later that day when i saw the damage have reported this to Kimberly Clark and hope you will take care of this unsafe driver as for the damage I doubt I will be repaid for repairs but i do hope the driver will be dealt with. As for me i will see him again

• De
                    debbie Feb 27, 2010

hello,
                    just read your complaint,
                    questions?
                    1 was that the only truck coming and going on the truck lot?
                    2 was anyone around to witness this accident?
                    3 do you really think acting out in violence is the way to go?
                    4did you ever think that the driver really noticed he hit your car?
                    these trucks are heavy and it is hard to feel when you hit something, trust me,
                    we were in colorado and 3 yearling cows were in the middile of the hwy it was dark and the cows were
                    black, my husband was driving 60 miles and hr i was in the sleeper all i felt was what i thought was him hitting the breaks
                    (cows do not react very quickly) he killed 2 out of 3,
                    so even though it is upsetting, give the benifit of a doubt, before getting to pissed off
                    and (SWIFT) isnt the only company on the hwys that have careless and unsafe drivers,
                    sorry to hear about your car, i know i would be upset as well,
                    deb

• Sw
                    swifty09 Jul 29, 2013

well you office people should have your on parking lot away from trk traffic, you want to park as close as possible so you dont haft to walk lasy but.

Swift Transportation — property damage/leaving scene of accident

A tractor trailer turned up on my road one night, past 3 P.M. This is a dead end road, that few accidentally...

Swift Transportation — owner/ops

My husband became an o/o in October, he was terminated for a minor accident and told to get his stuff out of...

Swift Transportationawful company

Drivers on this account who are in the click (called pets) make 1200 to 1500 per week, while those who aren't make 700 to 800. The pets pay for this with under table payments. Drivers who refuse to do this are given what are called punishment loads and treated badly in order to make them quit or transfer to another account. Many are given backloads that take several hours and get paid a stop fee of 15.00. Drivers aren't offered the pet status unless the management is sure they will accept. The pet who told me this was fired by swift safety and the Monroe Office could not stop it. Drivers on this account know who the pets are but not why they seem to get all the good loads. An example of a good load is a delivery to the Monroe Wal-Mart which is 6 miles round-trip and pays the driver $75 flat fee. A bad $75 load would be Douglasville Sam's Club which is 149 miles. 0 t0 150 miles pays $75. A good $125 load would be Macon Sam's Club at 156 miles. A bad $125 load would be Ashville, NC Sam's Club at 374 miles. 151 to 378 mile load pay flat $125. Drivers making 700 to 800 may drive up to 1800 miles while a pet making 1200 to 1500 may drive less than 1500 miles. Mileage 379 and over pays .33 per mile.

This is second hand information from an angry driver who has been fired but it explains the disparity in pay that occurs on this account. I left this account because of the hostile work environment that was shown by the mangement with the message that I was not welcome there.

• Be
                      BEROMO Feb 09, 2010

yes. i agree Swift caters to (more so these days) to the pets (which are relatives to whomever works in the planning dept or dispatch) owner operators (which are responsible for most of their own fueling) or which ever driver puts the most grease in ones palm (kick backs)

Swift also blatantly practices ripping off the new drivers by way of cpm. They can't seem to make up their minds on what story to tell of how mileage is paid per load and there is not a referrence anywhere in any of the written material or correspondance they hand to you when first hired
                      in oreintation you're told interstate miles.
                      then after you've been driving for awhile and notice that your pay seems too low for what your hauling upon examination of your pay check stubs, your told
                      something called "zip code" miles then the last statement that was made to me by my not too competant DM was that it was the miles stated on the qual-comm and it's up to the driver to check the map and make sure if the miles being paid were close enough...sheeesh! what a bunch of crooks. And they do it with such confidence which leads me to believe they have done this for years and never have been called to the proverbial carpet on it or that they are such a corporate hog and have the money to do what they like - you know the old adage - money talks, ### walks

• Tc
                      TCW6666666 Jun 30, 2011

I was a driver for 6 months and had to nag to stay busy. I was fired because I became insulin dependant diabetic and now they are fighting my unemployment.
                      Before that I was averaging 2000 miles a week but taking home $200 - 300 per week. Driving trucks that would break down without loaners, I was Heavy Haul out of Sumner) then they would stiff me on breakdown pay. Not to mention the milage shorts. They would average the load miles and every load was 10 -20 miles shorter than actual.
                      They also have no respect for their drivers.
                      Then add this to the hardship on the family for me being away a week at a time...
                      SWIFT is the worst company I have ever worked for and I have worked for some real flakes!

Swift Transportationminor incident

Swift I thought was a good trustworthy company. They seemed upfrint and honest. In may of this year there was a minor incident I had. I offered to take a suspension and pay for the damages. But no I was discharged on the spot over 1000 miles from my home terminial. Though I was given a bus ticket it stills seem unfair that your given 1 chance thats it. Had I known that they could have kept their job. One chance never was told that and they basically told me tough ###.

Johnny Ringo Nov 07, 2009

Yes, I agree. Had same experience. An Accident and Swift terminated me on the spot, not has rumors going around that I was asleep at the wheel. I am a dedicated driver/worker and am very upset with the way I was treated. I am ready to file a law suit against Swift with anyone.

• Im
                        imagejun Dec 18, 2009

Me also! Askeds for a board review and didn't get one! Now I'm dealing with this whole bad liscence deal!

• Sw
                        swifty09 Jul 29, 2013

thats how they are get a driver in a trk so they get 5000 from gov and then find away to get rid of him and do it again.

Swift Transportation — overcharged greatly

Swift Transportationawful experience

Any driver who attended a Swift Academy and terminated from [protected], if you had a balance on your loan, you know all your earnings were withheld and applied to your loan balance. Every penny was kept despite minimum wage laws. Well you are entitled to get that back. The key is you have to call and request it they will not do it voluntary. Same thing with drivers that overpaid on their student loan accounts. If you overpaid they will reimburse you but you have to call in. Swift has hundreds of accounts in which drivers made over payments on and instead of issuing refunds they are waiting for drivers to contact them. if you attended Academy in 2003, they have no physical signed contracts they were all lost. I worked for Swift and have lots of info should anyone need it. Also they can not take away your CDL license even though contract state that. Swift is putting students through school knowing they can not put them on a truck and now you have just entered into a contract in which you owe $3900 and can not repay because Swift is not hiring and no other company will hire you with no experience. They would approve students to go to academy and get them to sign contract and then say they are not hireable due to unspecified reasons...They just did shady stuff to their drivers.

• Qu
                          "CURLYTHEWISEGUY" May 05, 2009

That guy that owns Swift, also owns Central out of West Valley, Utah. He's making millions scamming driver's left an right. Including building casino's in Nevada. Both these companies are a RIP OFF. The "G" should investigate both companies. Or I should say all of them, the poor driver out here just trying to make a living an its getting harder an harder to do so. Remember a company can put anything in your DAC to make you look bad. The hell with SWIFT AND CENTRAL.

• 54
                          543365 Aug 27, 2010

Swift is populated with dipwads and other things i cant post. The "GODS" they think they are is being challenged by people like you and me.Unfortunatly the whole country is adopting their attitude.Workers are a dime a dozen, so who cares what we do to them? Even in China the workers are starting to revolt against poor working conditions and low wages.How about here? We still eat the employrs [censor].WHY? No guts. I used to work at SWIFT, THEY FIRED ME WHEN A FED EX truck hit me on the left side of tractor cause FED EX COULDNT PASS ME in time to avoid a head on collision with an on coming tractor trailer.In other words the jack [censor] couldnt drive or didnt care, an all to common trait of some drivers out there.But SWIFT SAID it was my fault.THIS WAS A TWO LANE ROAD, one in each direction.

• Wo
                          woolymammoth Feb 29, 2012

this is a bait and switch -it's against the law - swift is guilty of this - find others - file a class action suit against them

Swift Transportationterrible experience

[For all those company people, i.e. Current Drivers, little girls in the office or anyone else currently employed by Swift You may post as many rebuttals, explanations or statements of disagreement as you like, however I will not respond further to anyone from Swift. ALL relevant facts are stated herein]

This correspondence is written by a past employee in an effort to solicit participants to determine feasibility of a possible class action lawsuit against Swift Transportation for violation of Federal Labor Laws and/or the FLSA.

Lets start with Swift Driving School: A prospective Driver enrolls in the School, fills out all the paperwork, continues through School and graduates, is assigned a mentor then graduates and is assigned his/her own truck.

Part of the required paperwork to be signed prior to starting School is a Tuition Reimbursement Agreement to be payroll deducted -- {paraphrased clause} In the event the Driver's employment ends, Swift may withhold the employees last payroll check to be applied toward any remaining unpaid balance due on Tuition.

(A)Swift policy states that Drivers who are on duty, not driving will receive breakdown pay and/or reimbursements for overnight motel bills, or both.

(B)Federal Law states: a Driver is on duty, not driving, waiting on a dispatch during a 7 day period, the Driver drives a total of 800 miles for a week @ .34 per mile = $272.00. On duty time = 56 hrs. Average hourly rate = $4.85 per hr. The Driver must be paid equivalent to $5.85 per hr. Federal Minimum Wage.

(C)Federal Law requires ALL Swift Drivers who are on duty between Monday thru Sunday of ANY week, to average $5.85 per hour for all on duty hours, it DOES NOT matter how many miles are driven. (this includes time waiting on a load or any other on duty time)

(D)Example: After your home time ends (on Sunday) and you receive your first dispatch to begin your next 14 day work period (on Monday), your payroll check for week 1 should not be less than $409.50 and, your payroll check for week 2 should not be less than $409.50, it does not matter how many miles are driven.

(E)You are a past employee Driver and have received phone calls or a correspondence from Collect America Commercial Services, Inc. 16011 College Blvd. Suite 101, Lenexa, KS 66219 regarding a debt owed for Swift Driving School and you did not receive your last payroll check or your last payroll check did not include pay for which you submitted BOLs or receipts.

Once a Driver's employment ends with Swift, the unpaid tuition balance is turned over for collection. The Driver's last check is withheld by Swift. The amount of unpaid wages and any other money owed to the Driver IS NOT deducted from the outstanding tuition balance that Swift attempts to collect. Federal Law requires ALL earned wages to be paid.

Current and past employee's who are interested in the possibility of recovering back pay and wages due, please respond to this complaint. Current employees please do not disrupt the work place or solicit participants on company time or on Swift premises.

Respondent's, please understand we will need 10-15 willing participants who will be directed to a website for screening at a later date. This will prevent company management from posing as a participant or interfering with the effort. The website and additional information will be posted here, please check back every week or two for the next several months.

• Mi
                            miguel dejesus Feb 24, 2009

i have detailed records of all my preplans, mileage and layover pay owed to me since 2006.

• Bl
                            blaster3011 Dec 18, 2009

you really need to read the fine print on a contract that you sign. It more and likely told you about the pay going to be with held if you quit in a certain amount of time.
                            I was wondering if you have your cdl class A license. Because if you do your getting your moneys worth. I payed 2600 $ out of my pocket for mine and Swift is the only company willing to take me on with signing a contract.

• Tr
                            trod2001 Mar 14, 2010

one of my favorites, was going in to memphis where they make you drop your empty, they pass it to a friend, and when you get loaded you spend a full day driving around looking for another empty. This isnt just memphis either. I remember once in dallas they sent me out to look for an empty, I searched Dallas and Ft. Worth. upon returning after nine hours they sent me to the rail yard in Ft. Worth where I picked up a "NEW" empty that had been there for 3 days. didnt get paid a dime for the day.
                            Many more things done to me...

Swift Transportationterrible employee

I am one of many who have been advised to retake all my tests to keep my CDL. I have obtained an attorney and are looking for as many individuals to pursue a class action suit against Swift. There will be no fees. I have information of who to contact. It would be greatly appreciated for the word to be spread out in order for all those who have been affected by this to get justice. I would like to hear from as many individuals who are interested in pursuing this to the end. Note there will only be one individual who will be the main plaintiff to stand for all those who agree to sign up for legal action to be taken. Get the word out so we all don't get screwed because of the fraud that was committed by Swift. My email address is [protected]@hughes.net. Let us all stand as one cause after all we are Americans with rights and not ### to be walked on!!! Take charge and take pride in yourselfs for I do and I will not be taken granted.

• Ho
                              horselady Feb 13, 2009

Hello, I tried this email address listed in story-but was unable to get it delvrd-bad e-mail address-I would like more infro for lawsuit.I need to retest cdl also.thanks

• Ha
                              harry Mar 15, 2009

this realy sucks i have been driveing a day runner truck for the last 2 years and then this gets throwed in my face, this action could have me lose my job if i do not retest after 2 years of driveing a 42 foot delivery tractor that is a automatic my fears are that i have not driven a stick, or a 53 footer in 2 years all the anxiety that came with going thru the school are back this mess is no fault of my own and i should not have to go thru this i am not the only one going thru this my wife went to school and got her cdl, luckaly this is not her source of income but we have other friends that this is, some thing has to be done swift need to be held accoutable for the trama that they have inflicted on so many people

• Be
                              Betrayed Mar 21, 2009

I worked in the student loan dept. Any driver who attended a Swift Academy and terminated from [protected], if you had a balance on your loan, all your earnings were witheld. every penny despite minimum wage laws. You are entitled to get that back. The key is you have to call and request it they will not do it voluntary. Same thing with drivers that overpaid on thier student loan accounts. If you overpaid they will reimburse you but you have to call in. Call Kelly Lopez @ 800-+800-2200 x 3509. I f i can be of anny further assistance please post in your comment and i will contact you directly.
                              Sincerely,
                              Irreplaceable

• Me
                              Melanie May 16, 2009

My husband and I went to the school he drives and was able to test in his automatic work truck. He also had to pay 100.00 for all of the fees even though we paid for these license when they were issued to us less than 2 years ago. I no longer work for a trucking company and am unable to find a truck to test in I will more than likely have to give up my license. I would like to participate in the class action lawsuit because they will more than likely try to get the student loan back from us even though we really do not have a license because we had to retest and you can get a CDL without going to school if someone teaches you to drive and you have a way to test.

coffee Bean Dec 17, 2010

I payed my loan in full do i get any money back are am i screwed?

coffee Bean Dec 17, 2010

Hello i am wondering if anyone can help me with the class action suit against Swift Trucking? I payed my loan off even though my license was revoked because of there illegal activitys. I am not very computer savoy and i just learned how to find oyhers after all this time. I have contacted Swift only to get the run around and even payed all fee because of threats recieved by the collection agency after stopping payment. I am a honest hard working person like many other americans scraping to get by. I feel it is a Injustice for a big Company such as Swift to take advantage of Americans who dont have the legal resources to battle them in court. I am also a American Army Veteran Is that how they Treat Vets who where there to help fight for them to be able to have a so called legit business? Someone please contact me and help me with any Information that you may have. I feel all alone in my struggle against this huge company. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!

• Ri
                              rippedone1 Jan 29, 2011

We also had the same bad experience with the school. Would like to be contacted with a lawyer that is working with this, we were also very swindled.

• Bi
                              Billy bigrigger Jul 28, 2011

Yeah and also my mentor made me put the shifter in my bootyhole, he said I had to so I could learn to float the gears like a supertrucker. And he made me turn tricks at the flying j, I had to use my 105 dollar draw to buy lube and lipstick too : ( swift

Swift Transportation — bad experience

I enrolled and finished schooling at Swift Transportation's driving academy in Millington, TN in spring...