Werner Enterprises

Mexico

El Paso
TX Terminal, 11090 Gateway East Lot C, El Paso, TX 79927

Mexico City
Av De Las Palmas #275 Despacho 104, Col. Lomas De Chapultepec, Mexico D.F. C.P. 11000

Laredo
TX Terminal, 1201 Carriers Drive, Laredo, TX 78045

Complaints & Reviews

low miles

This is Marc Johnson driver #583467. On Friday January 3rd, 2020 I got a preassingned load message at 1003 hrs going to Laredo, TX with 1, 825 miles being loaded on January 4th at 0600. At 1245 hrs that load was removed. At 1317 I got the same load info for the second preassigned load going to Laredo, TX with 1, 825 miles. Difference was being loaded by 1700 hrs. I got done unloading at Walmart DC in Pottsville, PA at 1536 with 25 miles to drive to the shipper. That preassigned load got removed at 1533 hrs. A little over an hour at 1640 I got a new preassigned load going to Gas City, IN with 561 miles. 2 preassigned loads removed in the same day which never happens and I'm getting very low miles lately. I been sitting in the same area for days after my 34 hr reset. I believe my miles among other drivers are not the same and we should all be treated equally.

low miles

driver with no clue how to drive

We drove for 18 miles down interstate 20 behind one of your trucks. The truck was in the left lane going 60 miles per hour beside another truck with an oversized load. The oversized load had to slow down in order to be in compliance with texas driving code. When we were finally able to go around your truck we saw that the driver was unbuckled and also on her cell phone. I'm not sure the truck number but the trailer number was 57892. The driver was 50 miles on the west side of weatherford texas east bound on interstate 20.

driver with no clue how to drive

unsafe driver, ran red light at 42rd ave and lower buckeye roads

43807 Photo of truck attached. At approximately 150 PM on Nov 25, 2019 the truck identified in photo by identification number on trailer ran a red light on 43rd Ave and Lower Buckeye...

driver

On 11/13/19 I stopped at Loves truck stop in Socorro Tx to fuel. It was very busy and I got in line behind your truck #72993. He pulled up to the pump and then sat in truck over 15 mins before starting to fuel. Then after putting hoses in tanks he got on his phone and stood by pump talking on the phone for over 45 mins. Not only is this extremely rude and inconsiderate but it is also very unsafe. I'm sure you don't approve of your drivers actions and hope you address this

safety

This morning at aprox 11:30 I was traveling south on Victory Highway bringing my 5yr old granddaughter to afternoon PreK when a Werner tractor trailer pulled off 146 south using the North Smithfield Victory Hwy exit turning left to travel south on victory highway. He barely came to a stop at the end of his exit. He cut off my vehicle causing me to slam on my brakes nearly getting hit in the rear of my vehicle by the SUV behind me. The driver then ran the red light at School st and again at St.Paul St tragfic light he ran the red again at this time for safety I turned left onto St.Paul street.
I am contacting you directly to avoid any negative publicity for your company I would like confirmation that this email has been received and action has been taken or I will not hesitate to go public with this so everyone is aware to be on the look out for unsafe Werner drivers.
I have attached photos of the rear of trailer including license plate number along with screenshot of GPS location where photo was taken.

Lisa Lajoie
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• DeAndre Washington Oct 21, 2019

Hi Lisa, please be more careful around Werner Enterprises trucks in the future. Trucks cannot stop as fast as your car can when you slam your brakes. I have not taken any action. Thanks!

unprofessional driver

While traveling on the I-15 Northbound through Las Vegas a driver with a trailer from Family Dollar trailer number 54141 ran a vehicle off of the road. Causing him to merge into an HOV lane by no choice of his own. Because the driver decided to switch lanes while the vehicle was right next to him. After traveling about another mile the driver merges back to the center lane I attempt to pass him and as I am approaching the back end of his trailer he emerges back to the left right in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes while traveling at 70 miles an hour. After he merch back over and I finally had the chance to pass him he rolls down his window and waves and smiles at me and lays on his horn like it was my fault he cut me off. What kind of drivers does this company hire that they are so unprofessional that they don't care about the safety of other motorists on the highway.

truck driver.

Who ever is driving down I81 in the 109-118mile marker area in Christiansburg Virginia on 8/15/19, around 8:20am, is an extremely reckless driver! Shes constantly riding someones tail, and god forbid someone tries to merge on the interstate in front of her, she makes it near impossible for them. Shes also going way over the speed limit in a construction zone. I'm all for truckers having road room, but theres no need to be a reckless ricky!
Truck # 731179
Trailer # 37734
The side if the truck says team Lewis.

reckless texas driver

The male driving today on I-35 in San Antonio was deliberately reckless and intentionally tried to cause an accidental. License 22142M was constantly flicking his lights behind us. We were on the second lane to the right. The traffic was relatively slow on a Sunday so it requires patience. The driver was unhappy with our speed in front of him so he moved to the right of our vehicle. He passed on the right and purposely starting moving his vehicle while on side of us purposely trying to push our vehicle off the lanes. The male driver could have caused a major accident on a major highway. Afterwards he exited off the highway onto I410 in San Antonio, TX. He seems to be impatient and a liability for your firm.

reckless texas driver

truck parking in residential area hartford ct

Truck parked in residential area.Hartford ordenance Chapter 22 Motor Vehicles and Traffic. Article 1 In General Sec. Fines and Penalties for unlawful parking F. (3). Any tractor-trailer, semi-trailer, Truck, or Commercial vehicle combination on any city street(s) for more than three (3) hours, except for the purpose of delivery or service taking less than eight hours

walmart distribution dispatcher

Dispatcher are very rude and shows favoritism towards other drivers. If they don't like you, they will give you a low mileage load. You come to work on time but they will make you...

one of our drivers was embarrassed by staff

I am werner driver here at PCA Mill in Jackson Alabama and my coworkers and I witnessed one of crew members being in emabarrassed yesterday that supposed to been a meeting about...

Werner — driver

I have no idea what the hell the ladies problem was but I was going the speed limit and she wants to flip me off. Who ever you have driving this morning on 1-10 in Houston need...

Wernerroad rage incident

Monday August 21st. 11:30 am. Going west on I90 N.Y. State thruway. Clear sunny day. We were near mile marker 211 near Utica. On the right were two tractor tailors, one being a Werner truck. They were going slower going up an incline. There was no one in front of them. For no reason The Werner truck decided to move to the passing lane, as my husband put on his directional to also go in the passing lane. We were along side of the Werner truck when the Werner truck decide to keep going into the passing lane. I looked and could see his mirror, and knew he saw us, but kept coming over. My husband pressed our horn in case he didn't see us, then the driver aggressively pressed his horn, we had no where to go, but continue. The driver kept coming our way almost forcing us into a narrow ditch. He was clearly forcing us off the road!
I called 911 to report his behavior. A State trooper took the information .We couldn't get the license plate no. . So shook up! We then stopped at the N.Y. State troopers Authority building to personally report this, but no one was there. Then we saw the Werner truck flying down the highway. We are both Senior citizens and could not believe this act of "Road Rage Aggression". My husband is a professional driver for 11 yrs. With a car delivery comp., With perfect credentials. We are seriously considering contacting our lawyer to file suit. We feel if my husband didn't act so fast, we would have been "killed" !! we were driving a small SUV, which wouldn't have saved us from a huge tractor trailer!!! We hope you address this "serious' complaint and act accordingly. and return a response to us.

Wernerdriver

One of your drivers thought it would be funny to endanger another drivers life by messing with their air brake glad hands. There is a screen shot of her post on Prime drivers Past, Present, and Future. Please get this person off the road, because as a driver, had she done this to me, I would be filing criminal charges against her and the company she works for, which according to her Facebook page, is you.

driver

• Updated by Angela Hodges-Tompkins · Aug 15, 2017

PS: wrong photos uploaded last time

Wernerdriving

I was driving down eastern valley road (Two lanes) in bessemer, alabama, there was no one behind me & as I was approaching the turn the truck driver was at, he pulled straight out in front of me, I literally had to swerve and slam on brakes, coming to a complete stop to avoid hitting him! Being that it's a big 18 wheeler, you would think he would make sure there was no traffic, but like I said, no one was behind me and he just took off in front of me! I never do this but he pissed me off! His truck number is 49505. I would love for this to be handled because this could have been much worse had there been a collision! Thank you!

Werner — wrongfully terminated

I was mechanic at Werner was cleaning out a truck that a driver had quit the truck had been there for Weeks he left a lot of things. The other mechanics took some thinks I found a...

Werner — Truck driver

51922 I was on I10 and your truck was getting over so I moved over one lane, all of a sudden your truck was getting into my lane, I blow my horn at them, and they still proceeded into...

Werner — Driving truck

I was a former passenger on a Werner truck, my wife Jesse, is a former employee of Werner, alot of what has transpired I witnessed first hand, they push their drivers too hard...

Wrongfully terminated

43807 On dec, 10, 2014 Werner enterprises wrongfully terminated me from my job without any notice or speaking with me about something that wasn't my fault. Werner claims I damaged...

.80 com

I worked for Werner Enterprises for almost 7 months and in that entire time I never made it home on time for a home time. Now I took home time on both coasts because I have three children that live in the east coast and my wife has a child that lives on the west coast so we would alternate where we took our home time. It didn't matter what part of the country we were in when it came time for us to go home but they could never find freight going in the direction we needed to go for our home time and we always ended up getting home a day or more after we were supposed to be there. Well I had finally had enough after I had to cancel a home time because try we're not able to get me home in time for a family function I had made them aware that I was trying to get home for. So I finally told my dispatcher that when I went home on my next home time that I would be turning in my truck and terminating my employment with Werner well two days before I was due home I was a little over 500 miles away from home and they gave me the excuse that they didn't have any freight going that direction that instead I had to take a load over 600 miles the opposite direction. I told my fleet manager that he need to find me a load going the direction I needed to head for my home time and he said he would look. Well the following morning (now I'm a day away from when I'm supposed to be home) he wants me to take a load that will take me two days to deliver and leave me two days from my house once again guaranteeing that I will be late for yet another home time. So I refuse the load and start driving home. I made it home the same day and cleaned out my truck and turned it in at a terminal near my house. Now for the bad part the company deducted over $400 from my last paycheck and when I called and inquired what the deduction was for they informed me that I was charged .80 cents per mile for driving unauthorized miles and the best part is I was only making .22 cents per mile to begin with so they charged me more than I made for driving unauthorized mile. All I can say to anyone thinking about driving for Werner is find a different company to work for because Werner does not care about there drivers all they care about is moving freight.

James Sitkin Nov 14, 2013

A former driver for Werner Enterprises has retained my law firm (Law Offices of James M. Sitkin) and the Oakland, CA law firm of Goldstein, Borgen, Dardarian & Ho to investigate whether Werner has paid drivers all lawful wages required by the California Labor Code. Our investigation is evaluating information about pay practices for work performed by Werner drivers in California during the last four years (whether the driver was a resident of California or not). As part of our investigation, we would like to talk with current and former Werner drivers about their work experiences at Werner in California. This is not an offer to represent you or other Werner drivers. However, our investigation of potential class action claims could benefit from any information Werner drivers may provide to us as part of this ongoing investigation. Please phone or email me if you would like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

• Je
    Jengo Jan 19, 2014

I bought a blue 8' fiberglass werner ladder FS100 series 1-yr ago. I'm 5'5" and weigh Aprox. 115 lbs and used the ladder aprox. 5 times. The ladder is cracked horizontally from the leg from step 2 to step 3. Werner does not cover damage and does not rec. to repair. I'm out $90 bucks. I will never recommend this ladder nor will I ever but this item again. Beware of this faulty ladder.

Werner Global ServicesThe check was returned for insufficient funds.

I received a check from Werner Global Services for $1, 899.95 along with a letter that said I was to be a mystery shopper and to deposit the check and take $350.00 out for myself for acting as a mystery shopper. However, the check was returned for insufficient funds. Luckily, I opened a brand new account in a bank that I didn't have any other funds in so that they couldn't get my account information.

• Gi
    GirlWithAPlan Mar 06, 2013

Very well known scam - really, who on earth would send you that much money out of the blue!

Werner Sucks!Training

I just got my CDL and Werner was my starter company. I was excited and went to Allentown, PA for orientation and wait for my trainer. My trainer was amazing but the trucks and employees had something to learn. I had been out for 6 weeks and had only logged 70 hours behind the wheel! Before i had gotten in the truck it had been in the shop 12 times in 2 months for the ac and apu problems. I literally would be 2 days in a truck and 5 in a hotel. I went down there knowing i could of had this done and i was willing to drive hours but every time we would say we wanted a new truck the DM would be rude and say to just get it fixed resulting in 5 days in a hotel each time. Well we finally got to Dallas and after 5 day we got a different truck. Off we went and 6 hours later the truck ac and apu were broken. I spent $250 to take a bus home from Pheonix to Massachusetts. Now i am supposed to go back tomorrow but they have yet to confirm me a bus back down. I am beyond furious but I must stay with them in order to go to Crete with my boyfriend. Dont choose Werner cause the Werner Care We Care campaign in a crock of ###!

Drivers Final Pay

I was a loyal and dedicated Professional driver for Werner Enterprises for almost two years. I drove over 130, 00 miles my first year with the company and was even a company trainer. when I decided to leave the company I gave notice to my Fleet manager and fulfilled my obligation to the company. I even went out of my way to drop my company owned truck to their desired location. this put me out of my way and I had to provide my own way home from there. Now I find out that because I did this favor and dropped the truck off on April the second the "Company" will be deducting over $400 from my final paycheck to cover the entire month worth of Health and Vision care. this was not discussed with me and I only found this out because I went digging. The company already took a $500 bond to cover any damages and missing equipment (which there wasn't any) and will return that 90 days from now so this is just insult to injury. when I called to complain I was quoted Policies and Procedures (I don't care about Policies and Procedures) I only care about the $400 that was raped from my final check because I did the COMPANY a favor and delivered their final load and truck to their location of choice. I could have dropped the truck in a safe company drop yard and walked home (its that close) and then collected my entire paycheck and at that time notified them that I was ending employment but as a person of Integrity I did it the right way, and this is how I was re-payed. Note to future Drivers of Werner Enterprises: There is no Honor in this company, you are just a number and they will take every penny from you they can. If you quit... Do so as soon as possible and don't let them take what isn't theirs. Their Motto is We are Werner and We care Werner cares.. it's a bunch of BUNK!

• So
    soldier2138 Apr 05, 2012

My contract stated that my $500 bond was to cover any damages... there was never a mention of deducting Half of a paycheck for future Health and Vision insurance.

• So
    soldier2138 Apr 05, 2012

As for you Anti-SEO... Policies and Procedures are put in place for the Employees in that department to FOLLOW not QUOTE. they are guide lines that are to be followed to resolve issues and to prevent issues from occurring. Policies and Procedures are NOT to be used to hide behind to avoid fixing an issue that has come up. When a company and Individuals representing a company Hide behind their P&P's they are telling the individual with an issue "we will not be willing to help you with this" thus leaving us with no other option than public discourse. Therefore, when I state "I don't care about Policies and Procedures" I am simply stating "I have an issue that I need resolved and reading a bunch of lines from a book isn't going to resolve it." I appreciate you bringing this up and I would enjoy hearing your further opinions on this.

• L8
    l88989 Apr 05, 2013

i never got back my bond and i drove for Werner a 1year and 6moths also they told me went they hire me that i was going to be paid .34 cents a mile and they just paid me .25cents and also they say that dedicated accounts suppose to get paid 38cents a mile nope they drop me to 22cents a miles and also they put a accident on my csa that not even suppose to be on my csa and went i quit and apply to another company they said that i was terminated because my license was suspended i don't know why this company is even allowed to still operating i just say is was the worst decision i ever made to go and work for them

class action lawsuit info

If so, you may be eligible to join a collective action nationwide lawsuit.
This lawsuit alleges that Werner Trucking improperly paid its employees while they attended its Student Driver Program.
Call us for a FREE consultation to see if you are eligible to be part of this collective action law suit.
There is no cost for the consultation or to join the lawsuit which is on a contingency basis.
Email: [protected]@swartz-legal.com Telephone: [protected]-LAW-9501

The whole damn company

Werner had set up orientation for me and I was excited to finally have a job again and I took the 11 hour bus ride out to Allentown, Pennsylvania, the first day was going well...

I hate this job

I thought werner was supposed to be a good company with a solid reputation. boy was i wrong..:.

i got lucky with training!. both trainers i had were cool!. i hated living in such close quarters though..

they lied to me so i would go with TCU.. told me i would make '.31 i make /.23 and the most i could ever make with this account is .27.

they are always saying werner cares we care. what a crock of ***. im sick as *** right now and they dont care about anything but money.

i thought i would tough it out and get some experience with these guys. no way... i am quitting asap.

i could make more at almost any company. not only is pay crap, but they cant keep me running screwing up appointments all the time. thats with this account anyways.

the good thing is i generally get long runs (over 1000 miles) then i wait around for several days for another 1. they have only planned a load ahead 1 time! in training they always did that.

• Cr
    crucifyme Feb 29, 2012

Email: [email protected] Telephone: 877-529-9501 - 877-LAW-9501

Misinformation

Last July I signed on with Werner.I spent three weeks with a trainer who did not tolerate the use of air conditioning and only showered once for the duration.I was only allowed to drive at night. After requesting another trainer, I was put with a person who was the exact opposite but was an extreme racist.After being authorized to go home midway in training(as the policy option says), I was denied access to a terminal where I could do so.One of the options when you sign on is going home after logging a certain number of hours, then returning to finish.They do everything they can to prevent this from happening.I finally had to insist that they honor their agreement and they allowed me to get to a terminal. Then I was left at the bus terminal forced to pay my own way.This is breach of contract.My phone calls to try to return were repeatedly mysteriously disconnected. After another month I got a copy of my driving log and didn't hear from them again.When I tried to get another job, I coudn't even get a response from other companies. I got a copy of my DAC report and it had an adverse incident statement on it that reads as follows:'Equipment was involved in an occurence or act that produced unintended injury, death, properrty damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow(other than mechanincal breakdown) while assigned to the driver regardless of fault.' This is pure fiction.I constantly got compliments from other truckers on my ability to handle the equipment while I was in the truck. Thiskind of statement goes on every drivers history that decides they don't want to work for Werner Ent. any more.Other companies do not dare go against such a statement if Werner put it on there. Hundreds of drivers like myself have had their careers ruined before they ever started by this kind of intimidation. USIS, the company that holds these employment history reports(DAC), put these statements in your file without proof or verification.I have to conclude that there is an underhanded partnership there.Why else would they participate without proof of such incidents. I didn't realize that blacklisting was legal anymore, but apparently they are very practiced at it.

[email protected]

Werner — They will LIE!!!

I was straight out of school recieving my CDL, I went with this company because they were offering me a regional route, which was a lie. After completing training, I got a truck...

Beware

Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!!

I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer, but due to the lack of female trainers, I was encouraged to sign-up for co-ed. That is a BIG MISTAKE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BECOMING A CAREER TRUCK DRIVER . . . OMG . . . 4 out 6 trainers assigned to me thought I was a legalize lot lizzard!

After my first bad experience with a Nasty, Gross Looking, Freaking Old, Fat Buzzard, I requested to have a female trainer only . . . that never happened. Therefore, I was put on a truck again with another Freak, with rotten teeth, constantly picking his ###, nose, ears . . . OMG . . . Just another gross individual. I didn't want to sit in the same truck, driver seat or touch the dang steering wheel. I stayed on that truck for maybe a day and a half . . . Got literally sick . . . took a personal leave of absence.

My first trainer informed me he was dropping a student and informed me to request him to complete my training; and he would request me as his next student to pick-up.

Oh no that is not possible because the egotistical, power-hunger SDM felt insecure and overlooked. She felt I was scheduling my own trainer which is not permissible. And, she attempted to send me on another wild goose chase with another unknown trainer.

Okay ##### . . . you and WERNER can continue scheduling strangers who can not work togather as a TEAM and you will eventually have a MAJOR LAWSUIT due to Sexual Harassment or Workplace Violence.

WERNER Enterprises needs a better SAP . . . staffing and placement system to team trainers, students and co-drivers who have some common interests, tolerance and respect for working togather in a safe an non sexual oriented environment.

Why 6 Trainers:

The first trainer, I lost him when I went on PTO. Very good trainer with mad skillz behind the wheelz! Yeap, I should have listened to him and not got off his truck for PTO. We work well togather as a TEAM. We had great conversations and respect for each other. Hopefully, I will find another trainer like him when I decide to sign-on with another company.

The second trainer, dismissed off his truck due to company and safety violations.

The third trainer, thats the nasty fat, buzzard, looking for a "ladyfriend to team with". . . Sexual Harassment.

The fourth trainer, my buddy, he resigned because I was too sick to get on the truck with him and he already had plans to leave Werner, but was going to stay around until I finished training. I wish him much success in his new endeavor . . . Peace, Love, and Prosperity.

The fifth trainer, my friend and co-worker got off his truck because she felt scared. This man was having too many problems at home to be out on the road in a semi-tractor-trailer. She got off his truck and a few days later they assigned me to his truck . . . Okay . . . Nothings changed. I got in there. He started talking about he wanted to go out to Hooters and have some fun with me. There were many sexual conversations I was trying to avoid hearing. I was trying my best to let what he was saying go into one ear and out the other ear. He said he was happy to see me get on his truck because he thought I was sexy and not fat and ugly like a lot of female drivers. I am like OMG . . . not again!!!

But, I was able to get off his truck due to the fact he started playing with my jake-brakes on 459 right there where DOT had pulled over a vehicle. We got to the shipper in McCalla. I called it in to the night dispatcher. Security escorted him off the premises. I went home, drained of momentum, spiritual and physical health. I could not speak once I arrived home. I had the pneumonia for two weeks. As I was recuperating, thats when my first trainer called and invited me back on his truck.

I returned to WERNER on 02/15/2011 . . . not thinking there would be a problem for me to return on board with my first trainer. . .on to the sixth one.

The sixth trainer, I never met; I refused another trainer; I was NOT allowed to have a female trainer. So, I resigned and left WERNER ENTERPRISER because they really don't understand matching-up individuals to team whether it be trainer and student or co-drivers.

Ladies be warned and beaware when you sign-up for co-ed.

If there are any women out there reading this and you want to share your bad experiences at WERNER ENTERPRISES, please send me a note.

• Hi
    Highly Disgusted Apr 08, 2011

I had a very good trainer b ut please believe I know I had alot of female friends leave because of the same reasons, oh and don't forget THEY LIE!!!

• Cr
    crucifyme Feb 29, 2012

Email: [email protected] Telephone: 877-529-9501 - 877-LAW-9501

Werner Enterprises Inc and SubsidiariesScam

There are so many people complaining about this company they put you through a training course make you work 7 days a week 70 to 75 hour a week and pay less then min wage and how they get away with it. There Scaming people chargeing them for the school and promises to hire them when there course is over they pass all there test. Then let them go in another state leaving them to pick up a bill in which to pay and leading them to believe they have a job to pay for the training they just charged them for with no job and no way to get home this should be against the law. I will buy a web page just to make sure no one else gets riped off from these people again. There are no photo's to prove what there doing you just have to go through there course and find out or have someone investagate to find out what this company is really up too there are people really needing jobs and there is this company out there taking these poor people's money and for what they need a job to pay for the course not a course to get deeper in debt and this company know's how to make money off of poor and desprate people

Screwed me up

Werner *** i drove for them for 1 year i had to take a couple weeks off to take care of my mother after major surgery when i tried to go back they sayd there too slow to take me back so i tried for a couple months to get back so after 3 months i tried applying at other companies i found out they put 2 accidents on my dac report they were both AFTER i stoped driving for werner and they pay like crap i tried to get the back pay because all the trips i turned in they didnt pay for about 20 percent of the last couple months of driving so DONT drive for them

• Wi
    Will75 Nov 30, 2009

Let me start off with my training and trainer.all my trainer wanted to do was make his money..was out for 300hrs still domt know how to back up.. scared to death ...trainer sucked, o/o dont get stuck wjth a o/o whatever u do..run run run as fast as u can..wont teach you anything . now im driving solo, trying to teach myself to back, im determinded to do this, shame i wasnt taught how.. as u know backing is hard to do, very hard.my nerves are gone, but, i will get better the more i do it.. to sum it all up, what a shame 300hrs training not once shown how to back a rig.. this is not right, what a shame.

Werner — ladder hing broke

51922 I have the werner attic steps model 2208 mk2, i was in the attic and as i was coming down the steps the lower left hinger broke causing me to fall, in turn my left leg and lower...

oreintation

on may 3, 2010 i attended oreintation for werner enterprises. i took an amtrak from modesto. during the physical i show the doctor 2 medicines that i had taken. he said i needed...

Just a bad company

I got hired on as a driver and because I had previous experience I only had to do 70 driving hours with a trainer instead of the normal 300. My trainer was a really nice guy, he taught me how to back better than I already knew how, he taught me tips to reading a map I did not know about, and was an all around good guy. I got the 400 a week just like they said I would.

Then I got my own truck and was told I was on the south regional account. This would mean I would run TX, LA, AR, OK, NM and CO. The very first phone call I had with my dispatcher he told me I would be on the South regional pay account (the longer the trip the less per mile u would make) but due to lack of freight I would be running all 48. Running the whole country meant I would have mostly longer runs. I only made 24 cents a mile on 99 percent of my runs. I would run for 12 days and be home for 48 hours. 48 hours is technically two days but think about it, that means I get home at noon on Friday and leave at noon on Sunday at any other job that means I got Saturday off, but for werner and any other otr truck company that was two days. With that schedule after taxes I would make about 300 dollars a week and end up spending about 100 for food every week.

On my way from Dallas TX to Conway AR I got my tractor stuck in the mud, and my trailer was blocking the road for about 45 mins before I got towed out which took about 3 mins once he got there. Because my trailer blocked the road a police officer gave me a ticket that was called careless and prohibited driving. When I came back from my next home time I tried to get out of the terminal to pick up my first load and they told me I had to go back in and see saftey before I left. They then told me I was fired because of my ticket (I was told one ticket was not enough to get you fired by my trainer and by the person who lead orientation and by my recruiter) I asked why. They said because the ticket was called careless driving. I said so you think its like wreckless driving? They told me it was just like wreckless driving. I called the courthouse and put them on speakerphone this is how the conversation went. ME: Hi I got a ticket down there a couple weeks ago its called careless and prohibited driving is that anything like wreckless driving? COURT LADY: Oh no, wreckless driving is a misdamenor, careless and prohibited is just a traffic ticket, they usually give those if they see someone squeal there tires taking off from a red light or something like that. ME: thank you very much maam. (hang up) The saftey manager then tells me that it doesnt matter it still sounds too close to wreckless driving and Im still fired. All this before I was ever even convicted of the ticket. Being fired was the best thing that could ever happen to me. I got a local truck driving job and am making over twice as much money and Im home every day.

So in conclusion. Werner Sucks

• Dr
    Drs. Jekyl & Hyde Feb 12, 2016

Dear Jim,

Here is an edited copy of a letter written to LV-AIT/Werner truck driving school, today.

Both of you know my husband knows how-to safely drive trucks! He is/was an exemplary AIT student. He is a very alert 71 year old man with a lust for adventure that just won't quit! He does many things much better than most men who are 20+ years younger than he. And, two years ago, he retired from surgical practice after 40 years without one single malpractice complaint. and virtually no reported post-op infections.

My husband showed up at 6:00 am. to the Werner Terminal in San Bernardino as he was told to do on Thursday, February 4, 2016. He was scheduled to take a refresher course. After he waited patiently for 6 hours, he was fired at noon for no apparent reason by Werner Enterprises, Inc. according to a male office staffer at the terminal who, announced in front of 15+/- drivers sitting in the San Bernardino terminal lounge that corporate offices in Omaha, Nebraska fired him--- he was humiliated, handed a one (1) way bus ticket home with no pay but, to his remarkable credit he kept his cool.

I have reviewed all of our records to date including all of our American Institute of Trucking/AIT paperwork and Werner Enterprises, Inc. “Werner” paperwork, alike. In doing so, I have found a multiplicity of issues which are in direct conflict with my husband's Werner employment. I have solid evidence that Werner grossly under-paid him. Fortunately, Title 29 CFR (et. al. etc.) is not mentioned anywhere in any of the paperwork he did sign.

Unfortunately, there are going to be many convoluted and extremely unhappy issues regarding the terms of my husband's Werner employment-payroll for us to resolve. First, let me call to your attention the stack of documents I photo copied for you which my husband gave you when he came in for a voluntary refresher course this week. You told me on the phone you’ve never heard of these documents; so, In case you haven’t had time to review them, I strongly urge you to do-so as soon as possible.

Perhaps you might begin by reviewing the document (front and back) starting on front page, entitled in bold black lettering: STANDARDS OF APPRENTICESHIP DEVELOPED BY WERNER ENTERPRISES, INC. For The Occupation Of Truck Driver, Heavy O*NET/SOC CODE: 53-3032.00 RAPIDS CODE:0980HY APPROVED BY U.S. Department of Labor Office Of Apprenticeship, followed by the Seal of the Department of Labor, United States of America.

This document indicates, once again in bold black lettering: it was Registered as part of the National Apprenticeship Program in accordance With the basic Standards of Apprenticeship established by the Secretary of Labor.

Moreover, the Original Registration of this document, again in bold black lettering was dated April 13, 2006. It was apparently Revised at some undeclared time after April 13, 2006--it does not say when---but, it does state the National Registration Number of this document on April 13, 2006 was: NE00206002 So, it was apparently registered in the State Of Nebraska on April 13, 2006. Thereafter, following the Nebraska registration number (NE00206002) again, in bold black letters are three (3) words: Submitted by: Revised Date: and Approved by: And, finally each of these words are followed by blank lines devoid of two (2) signatures and devoid of one (1) Revised Date.

Now, if you will, feel free to flip through all Pages of this document, : Header Entitled: Standards of Apprenticeship, Pages i, ii, iii, iv: Table of Contents, Forward and Definitions and two (2) un-numbered photo copies: one (1) handwritten note and one (1) envelop in which I received all pages (allegedly) from North Carolina.

I suggest you develop a very clear and concise understanding of the context of this document and the possible ramifications of non-compliance in terms of how these may affect the accreditation of your school- AIT and Werner (3rd party non-affiliate/s?)

Because you didn’t give us any copy of this document, revised or otherwise, late last week was the 1st time we’ve ever seen it---let alone even heard of Title 29 CFR (et. al. etc.) Because you didn’t give us any copy of this document revised or otherwise, we didn’t sign it. Now that we’ve seen it for what it-is, we wouldn’t sign it under any circumstances. Thus, without my husband's signature, so far as we are concerned this document isn’t worth the paper it’s written on!

Sincerely,

Cc: Deborah Cremeens-Risinger, State Director
    Registered Apprenticeship Omaha, Nebraska
    222 South 15th Street Suite 504C
    Central Park Plaza South Tower
    Omaha, Nebraska 68102-1608
    402.221.3281

Please note: Ms.Cremeens-Risinger with the Regional Director of Registered Apprenticeships in Chicago.

Scam

I am a 2 year otr driver and werner started me out at .15 for all dead head miles and .25 for all miles 501+ thats no money not even for some one that just starting out now im haveing to fight for what little of a pay check im sapose to get u see i was only geting 1500 miles aweek i made myself available after every load. there trucks are nasty they wont even give u a clean mattress this is the worst company i have ever work for they suck *** and vicki my so called feet manager was a *** all the people i delt with in the office where dumb *** and no help at all u have to sit for hours or days waiting on a load WERNER *** *** if u are reading this and thinking about working for werner DONT THEY WONT PAY U...

ALL LIES/ Inappropiate behavior

Before I was hired, I was told I would be driving in a few States. The first chance I got a run I went as far East as they could possibly get me. Plus, while in training the...

Werner Enterprises TransportationReachable Dispatchers

I started with Werner working a Regional route much to my suprise it is just a ploy to get you to sign on as a regional driver and they keep you driving out of your region. It's cheaper to send a regional driver out of his region since he will only receive .22 per mile, while the driver doing long haul sits in a truck stop for three or four days waiting on a load he can deliver for .40 cpm. I was told that I had to deliver out of my region, I refused and told the dispatch " I do not have to do a D%% thing." I then told him I'm a grown a$$ man and resigned. The payroll clerk also stated that Werner practices this method on regular bases and she does not know why. Dispatchers believe they are not reachable. Untouchables

Terrible experience

I had taken a leave of absence from Werner for personal reasons and I found that I could not return to work. I informed my dispatcher of this and did not return to work. After a...

Werner EnterpriseTerrible experience

I worked for werner in 2006, This was the worst experience I ever had. My first trainer was a female, she would go to the bathroom in the truck in a garbage can then tie the bag up and put it on the floor. Sometimes she would have 4 or 5 bags of urine in the truck. I called and said I wanted off this truck but they said I had to wait till our load was delivered.

When I was told that I waited till she went to sleep then drove myself out of route and went to the terminal. Then I had a guy trainer and he never taught me how to do anything, He would go home every weekend and I would have to stay in a motel. I missed christmas and new years with my family. I was with a trainer for 2 months until I finally got done. After that I got my truck which was junk and my first load. They said to follow the directions they sent me. I did and it took me 5 hours to go 50 miles. I really think they were messing with me cause I was new. Well they did fire me cause I sent in to get payment for a lumper to unload my truck and they said I wasn't suppose to do that. They approved it and everything but said I was stealing there money and I knew what I was doing. I still don't understand what it was I did wrong but getting fired from this company was the best thing that happed to me. I now work for a good company and get payed good and have a nice truck with my name on it. I don't think anyone should work for this company. They would hire anyone even if they don't know how to drive these trucks. there just a really bad company. I could go on and on about things that happened to me with this company. Just stay away from them!

• Ge
    Geoff May 04, 2009

Best Trucking Company I ever worked for. I was well trained, had good loads, great directions, good pay and benefits. Computerized logging a bonus. A really good professional outfit.

• He
    henessey Feb 13, 2011

After graduating truck driving school, I found myself wanting to work for a company that would show its new driver the ropes of the road. I choose werner due to the fact that it was one of the only companies that would do that. When i get to colorado, go through the orientation class, I finally meet my trainer who was bad ### btw...After my 300 hours, i get dropped off in phoenix az, where i pick up my own truck and head out solo.
    After a couple of months on the road, i announce to my dispatcher im having brake problems in which he routed me to the nearest repair center. They change the pads and send me on my way. get to the hi-way and im still having problems. So now im calling my dispatcher and he tells me to pull over and disconnect the ABS plug and continue. So now im pulled over to the side of the road as far as i can go, hazards on, triangles out, and im underneath the truck searching for this plug. I get out from under the trailer, walk about 9 steps, and BAM...a car slams into me from behind doing 70. The lady is alive and screaming, I'm motionless, and there is a great Samaritan helping me put out the flames on her vehicle. After everything was said and done, she gets taken by and ambulance, im still shaking and now i have to detach my rig so that they could take the trailer to the yard. Now that's done and now i still gotta drive to the nearest rest stop, pick up a load and head to Dallas. When i get to Dallas, im told that the supervisor wants to see me. I go to his office and to my surprise i get canned. The reason-I pulled over to the side of the road violating safety precautions set forth by Werner...

cheatedbad Aug 30, 2012

Discrimination. And harrasment I developed a blood clout and had to wait for 3 days before I was taken to the hospital. Was a student trainee.

• Ia
    I am not a happy camper Nov 30, 2012

I feel that trucking companies can do pretty much what they want to do regarding drivers.
    I resigned with Werner recently, and when I tried to hand in my resignation, I was told to mail it to a P.O. Box to their Corporate office in Nebraska.
    While the resignation was going through the mail, I decided to ask one of my prospective employers to run a DAC on me, to make sure this company wouldn't say they terminated me. Guess what? They stated on the DAC report that they terminated me. Why?
    I had a couple of minor incidents, which were NON-CHARGEABLE. No ticket, no police report, no problem, right? WRONG!
    Now I am trying to get on with a few of the companies I am interested in, and I am BLOCKED. Was this what they wanted to do?
    I would never have left had they paid me a descent cpm. I was making .26cpm, received a penny raise, after working with them for 9 months! I drove solo and never received the miles that would have made me a descent check, this being the reason I resigned.

Werner — Scamming

During hard times my fiance decided to go to a private truck driving school. Needing a job as quickly as possible and being brainwashed into thinking this was a great company, he...