Supercutsdissatisfaction

I went to Supercuts for highlights for longer hair (about 4 inches past my shoulders) and for my whole head. The women then proceeded to tell me that she would charge me &75 for the length of my hair, and then another $80 because I wanted my whole head done. That sounded outrageous to me. She was referring to her little pricing chart when she was telling me how much it would be and it really looked like they were only supposed to charge me $80 which included the length as well as the whole head, but she disagreed with me and said that it would be around $155 total for highlights. I said forget it, I just moved to this state from the East Coast, and where I'm from, we have Hair Cuttery and they would only charge me around $80 for the same length hair and my whole head. The other stylist then proceeded to tell me that the other salon probably didn't do my whole head and I'm mistaken in thinking they did and thats why it was so cheap, and I said "Well, I'm pretty sure they colored all the hair." So she checked and sure enough, my whole head had been done. She said, "Well, thats really cheap if you had it done for that price, and you won't find that here, I can guarantee you. This is an expensive hair town." I was like, Kentucky? An expensive hair town?? So I looked up different local salon (not a Supercuts) and I asked for pricing, they told me $75 for my length of hair AND my whole head. I told them what Supercuts said, and she said well I would consider complaining because they were trying to charge you twice. I thought about calling, not with intent to complain, but to make sure the stylist wasn't just mistaken and read the pricing chart wrong. But when I called, they wouldn't give me a straight answer. I asked for the price of highlights for my length (about 4 inches past my shoulders) and my whole head, all she could tell me is that there are five levels of stylists working there and depending on who does it and if they need to use an extra tube of color, and that she can't quote me on color over the phone, so I said forget it. I'm never going to Supercuts again. I tried, but its just been so difficult. And there is NO WAY I would pay $155 for a color job. That doesn't even include a styling!

• Al
    Alex Gabrail Oct 19, 2009

That stylist was probably gonna pocket half the money instead of ringing it up on the register. Supercuts runs a very crooked business and they treat their employees very badly. I think they pay them less than minimum wage and recently they started cutting hours because business is bad. The company is known to be racist and there are many lawsuits filed in the past and many lawsuits that are presently open and lawsuits that will take place in the future. I wouldn't give them my business anyway...

• Md
    mdvonjon Oct 25, 2010

I am currently employed at a supercuts location in ky. I can tell you most of the employees will pocket the money, I have been there for about 5 months now, and have done only a total of 3 chemical services. From my understanding you have to con people and charge for extra services, if the hair is pass the bra strap my salon will not do it. Another thing that makes no sense is we can only highlight your hair if you want to be blonde, we will not put a blonde color gel in your hair even if your a blonde already... there are no such things as touch ups at a supercuts.. this is a horrible place of employment and for clients to come in. Alot of stylist don't have continuing education so they have no idea what's going on. I worked at a Fantastic Sams for my appreanticeship and there they charged $60 for highlights and $10 extra if you have longer hair.. supercuts is a ripoff!

• Mo
    monique5 Mar 15, 2011

i guess i was lucky when i was told they were not able to do my colour or my daughters and were very rude . I asked them a simple question about where there salon studio was because i was going to take a class there in the mornign and they said they can not give me any information on this LOL The studio was like 5 feet behind them !!! The class was a waste of time the teacheris (bloomfiled NJ) Anita, prejudice and they taught pinch partings and c shape checking when they really should be working on customer service > this was a nightmare experience for me as a customer and a hair stylist and i would advise any talented respectable stylist to work in another salon that respects customers and employess