Having problems with Super 8?

Super 8 reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 20, 2006. The latest review stealing from personal private belongings was posted on Apr 20, 2021. The latest complaint room was resolved on Apr 23, 2019. Super 8 has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 524 reviews. Super 8 has resolved 26 complaints.

Super 8 Customer Service Contacts

22 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Super 8 Customer Service. Initial Super 8 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Super 8 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Super 8. Discuss the issues you have had with Super 8 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Super 8 Complaints & Reviews

Super 8 Worldwidesuper 8 in knoxville ia

Upon arriving my fiancée let the gentlemen know your sign was not on and it's dark we almost missed your hotel. After checking in the room we were issuesed was not clean. It was filthy you could see the dirt and pubic hair all over it. I had to clean the bathroom before I could bathe my children. There were pop can tabs by bed. I went to front desk to ask for towels to bathe my children. Younger gentleman came out asked what do you want. After grumbling he hands them to me and says there your done. All while playing on his phone. Our air conditioner in our room didn't work. The last super8 I stayed at in keokuk, ia was clean and gentleman there was pleasant.

Super 8 Worldwidecustomer service and practices

I made a reservation on Booking.com for a hotel on the weekend of September 15-17 in Logan, Ohio. My husband also booked on an app for the Super 8 in Athens. After discussion, we decided to keep the booking in Logan. When I went to cancel the reservation for the Super 8 in Athens, a memo came up stating that there would be a charge of one as it was a non refundable booking. I did the request to have the refund as I already had another reservation for the same weekend. I was notified by Booking.com that the hotel had not yet responded and recommended that I call the hotel directly, so I did. I was not prepared for what happened. A woman answered the phone. I was trying to explain the situation to her, but her English was not good and she was having difficulty understanding. Next thing I know, a man was on the phone yelling at me. He began barking at me why I was coming to Athens, why I don't want to stay in his hotel, etc. I again tried to explain the situation. I was not able to complete a sentence as he kept interrupting and yelling at me. He then threatened to charge my hotel for the full weekend instead of just one night. I immediately hung up the phone and called to cancel my credit card. A few minutes after that, while still shaking, the hotel man called me back and continued to berate me. I told him I was going to post a review of his hotel and contact Booking.com to file a complaint. I then asked his name several times. All I was given was "Rajesh." As he continued to yell, I then said I was hanging up. I canceled my reservation on line to stop any further charges and called Booking.com customer service line and reported the event. While on the phone with me, the Booking.com agent attempted to call the hotel and encountered the same situation. A woman answers, and then this man comes on. He yelled at her as well, and she had to tell him he was being inappropriate. He has since continued to try and call my cell phone, and not leave a message. When I went to the webpage to look the reviews, this is not a good hotel to represent your name or logo. Police are called there often, there are many reviews stating his is rude, provides excess charges and gets cocky and in the face of your patrons. I will, unfortunately for your company, never stay at any Super 8, let alone this particular one; and will be making the same recommendations to any of the other college parents I know/see. As I travel often for work (roughly 75 nights a year), I thought I had seen and heard it all until today.

customer service and practices
    customer service and practices

Super 8 Worldwideinfestation

Hi my name is Tracy Moore I reserved two rooms at the Super 8 Austell/Six Flags, located at 7377 Six Flags Dr. Austell, GA 30168, When me and my family arrived around 12:30 am in the morning, after returning from Walmart I saw some flying waterbugs and roaches all over the place, I complain to the manger of the location and he said it was nothing that he could do at that hour, I hung up and continued to see multiple waterbugs, and was afraid of being beaten by these bugs, I was traveling with 4 children also. I called the manger back and told him that I was leaving because I couldn't stay under those conditions, and he charged me $199.42, and he said he couldn't give me all my monies because we were there for two hours. I am writing to you to asking you to refund my monies in full. Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Tracy Moore

Super 8everything!

For starters: broken glass doors, facilities claimed on the website nonexistent, minimal towelling, shower heads and plumbing hanging out of the wall, power point also hanging out of the wall and dangerous, reported light not working but no response, crap breakfast facilities including tub of butter from dollar shop for every one to use, and virtually minimal English spoken other than the odd grunt.
        We have noticed a marked decline since our last visit in 2011, strange how it seems to be a certain ethnicity which has this attitude
        Should you be doing more checking of your franchisees? As you say "DAMN STRAIGHT"!

Super 8 Worldwidetreatment of guests

Let me start off by saying I'm 53 years old I stayed at pretty much every single Hotel chain throughout the United States which equals about a thousand maybe 1500 times I stayed at hotel and let me start off by saying one thing and one thing only and I want to make this perfectly clear I know it's not your corporations fault of the wrongdoing of other franchise Super 8 motels but I have never in my life been treated so horribly so bad because I asked for a discount I was entitled to and given by Wyndham Rewards because I exercise my right to that reward from Wyndham I went ahead and paid the overpayment that they requested it was not the price I signed up for and they agreed on we've all agreed on $53 for that night with my AARP card and when I say we I'm talking about AARP Wenham rewards and Super 8 motels Lafayette Indiana I've never been so embarrassed and humiliated and made to feel like a criminal as I did there I would not recommend that hotel to any senior citizen any handicap person or anybody who thinks they want to get a discount that Super 8 offers they're not going to get it there I'm going to court on this and rest of sure when I'm done which Super 8 Lafayette Indiana I'm going out there Wyndham Rewards and not AARP they had nothing to do with this but and when I'm done with super 8 motels and wynham rewards im coming after motel. 8 corp .and im coming lawyed up so be wearing ur big boy pants .messed with the wrong senior citizen I'll spend every dime I got it take every dime I can from Motel 8 Lafayette Indiana Motel a corporation and Wyndham Rewards

Super 8super 8 bridge view in mackinac city mi

This was one of the dirtiest rooms that We have ever stayed in. The floors were not clean the carpet was dirty. Mold in the bathroom. The ceiling tile were falling down in the bathroom and we're full of water ring from where the roof leaked. The windows were so dirty and full of dead Foley's and bugs. The walls had something that looks like food or bird [censor] that had mold on it . We paid for a room with a view of the bridge and when we opened up the curtain to see out there were construction trucks that were working on a house across the street and we're parking in the parking lot. We went to the office to as if they had another room we could move to and was told that they had no rooms available. I took photos of the room and showed them to the general manager with no help at all. He acted like he couldn't believe that the room was that dirty. This company needs help . This Super 8 should be closed. Wish I could post photos of the room that I took. The room was a health hazard

Super 8 Worldwidethe experience was an absolute nightmare

I have stayed at many Super 8 hotels over the years and have found them to be very accomodating and family friendly. I am also a Manager of a large mining company based out of Fort McMurray and we use the Super 8 hotels for our staff all across Canada. I am currently staying at the Super 8 Edmonton West hotel and it is a nightmare. Myself, my wife and 2 children (1 is 2 and the other is 1) arrived here this afternoon.
              At 7:45 pm after returning from a shopping trip we had a person come to the door and tell us that they had received some noise complaints. My children were excited with their toys and were quite hyper and it was ONLY 7:45!!! I went down to the front desk to get some extra pillows to put on the edge of the bed so my children would not fall off and was told there was a limit of 2. I am now lying on my bed using some clothes as a pillow because of it. Also this room smells of stale urine and I am too pissed off to complain about it to the front desk. This is my wife's first time at a Super 8 and I can guarantee it will be her last. I am also not going to tolerate this poor service and headache for myself or any of my employees any more.

Thanks

Alex

Super 8 Worldwidepoor management and quality of hotel

Hello I am staying at the super 8 in Huntsville Ontario Canada, the firm I work with arranges our hotel for our group we have been in this town for 3 months and have recently been put up in your hotel and have had a number of issues.On several occasions our rooms have not been cleaned at all and when they are cleaned they just change the towels and make the bed but do nothing else, for example there was a piece of chicken on the floor of my room which was not mine by the way and was left there for two days.The rooms are never what I would call clean and sanitary, it takes on average two trips to the front desk every night to get a room key that works and in a span of two weeks my crew has had people walk into there rooms with room keys that should not open there door.the staff does not seem to concerned when this is brought to there attention.I would consider taking a strong look at letting these people run a hotel with your name on it, I have stayed at super 8 motels before and have enjoyed my stay but this hotel is unacceptable.thank you for your time and I hope to get a reply to my complaint

Super 8lack of customer service skills

Wheat Ridge Denver west hotel 4700 Kipling St Wheat Ridge CO 80033 a friend of mine had called to book a room for 3 days and was told she could not use her friends credit card because he would not be there to check in and was not giving any other solution as to gain a potential future client. when my friend asked for a manager she was told no one was there she then asked for a number for corporate and was told to look on line and advised my friend not to go there because she wouldn't rent her a room after using her non-refundable rewards points to book the room. my friend went with cash to rent the room and right away "Maryann" adv that she wouldn't use the card on file and would have to change it even the she was paying with cash Maryann continued to have a snotty attitude and was asked 3 times to drop her attitude and lower her voice. after the 3rd time my friend walked out . my son went back in to speak to Maryann and was able to talk her into renting them the room and told my son that in the computer the room was showing to be free so she didn't take money from them. Then at 5am the room phone rang with Maryann adv my friend she misinformed my son about the room be free and that they had to go down there and pay or they had to leave. my son had left after checking in so my friend was by herself again another call came in at 5:15 asking when would my son be there because she had to do her audit and started compiling about breakfast duties not being started and having to be off so she could go home to sleep. then one last time she called to wake up and harass my friend about payment or she had to leave even the my son had given her his card on file. so due to her mistakenly adv them the roan was going to be free the whole intention of getting a hotel was to get some sleep and R & R but was unable to due the the most rudest misinformed untrained, front desk hotel receptionist at this hotel 8...so tonight i called to ask for a room for my son and his wife traveling down from Albuquerque arriving about 3am using my husbands credit card. as soon as the phone was answered i was placed on hold for 3 minutes before i hung up only to call back and placed on hold for over 9 minis the whole call was recorded

• Updated by elizabethhillstrom · Aug 24, 2017

im trying to upload the phone calls oh and by the way if anyone has any complaints about this particular hotel heres the general managers private cell phone number [protected] which i called and spoke to Mr Bruce himself that complained because he was sleeping MUST BE NICE. so as my friend sits out after booking 3 days but was only allowed a total of 5 hours before she had to leave after paying $55.00 please feel free to give him a call

Super 8 Worldwide — super 8 indian head, md

Stayed here for 3 nights do to remodeling our home 10 minutes away. Front desk lady out of no where stopped...

Indian Head

Super 8 Worldwidehousekeeping, front desk and maintenance services

I checked into room 114 at the caddo valley, ak super 8. To say it was DIRTY would be an understatement!!! The bathroom walls and door have filth caked on them to the degree that it is actually black. There was a number of bugs in the room, including cockroaches. I asked to be switched and was told there was nothing available. Under the edge of my bed was a shirt that didn't belong to anybody in my party!!! So, the floor had very obviously not been cleaned, either.

The phone jack AND electrical outlet next to the bed are hanging out of the was posong serious hazard to any guest with children, like myself. Again, when i brought this to the attention of the staff member on duty, i was basically ignored.

The room was overall way below satisfactory level and had i not been driving all day, i would've checked out and went elsewhere. I choose super 8 when i travel for the value and cleanliness that the chain normally provides. This property needs help because they've left a huge tarnish on the reputation of Super 8. They've forgotten the 3 basic needs of a hotel guest..friendly service, decent value and A CLEAN/SAFE room.

Super 8 Worldwidequality of room

The entrance door to the room was defective and could only be secured by mulitiple attempts. One of the lamps was broken and wouldnt even turn on . Two of the lamps were missing lamp shades . The mirrors were dirty and the bed did not sit on the frame corectly . The furniture was disoraginzed and the walls of the room and restroom were filmed with grime and dirt. Also, the window would not lock at all. Had I known the window was unlockable, I wouldve immediately requested a refund, unfortunately I didnt notice the Window until the morning at checkout. Not only was I unsatisfied with the amount I paid for such a distasteful room, the fact they required a deposit was downright frivolous.

Super 8 Worldwide — hotel reservations

I booked a room to stay at super 8 on July 23 around 2 am in Dublin, GA, because I needed somewhere to stay...

Super 8 Worldwiderooms not ready lift for pool not working. cockroaches

yes i rented 2 rooms for my daughters birthday 2nd year in a row, she has cerable palsey and loves the super 8 in lindsay, this was our second year the lift did not work for the pool last year either i called a month in advance so maybe i wouldnt have the same problem i was reasured the lift for the pool wood be working this time, so i got there with my daughter at 2:15 the lift had not been touched again, and they called the manager and the owner i even spoke with maintance. they said they couldnt fix it in the 4 days i would be there, much to my dipleasure because i feel they had a year and was also reminded a month prior to our arrival, VERY DISAPOINTING FOR MY DAUGHTER, and my self we hade been waiting for a year..and them to top it off our rooms had not been touched and we picked specific rooms so here i set with my daughter in her wheel chair in the heat with no room for over an hour i went in and complained because i needed to get her in and changed and steril feeding tube going witch i could not do they started mowing the yard while we were out waiting on the room my daught has asthma and it messed with her breathing, i was told i would get some kind of refund or something but did not the last day we were there there were bugs all over the room, its sad my daughters whole birthday was ruint and no one cares at all cost me 400.???? for her to be miserable it was awful if i dont get some kind of refund i will be calling 47 on your side. this is so sad and a disgrace thank you debra metheney [protected] 337 alta vista porterville ca. 93257

Super 8 Worldwidedifferent price charged at check in then booking confirmation.

I booked a stay at super 8 airport kansas city.From August 3-6 for $185.00 which was booked 9 months in advance.I got a call on August 2 saying i was supposed to check in then.I tell the person from super 8 that reservation was changed by them and booking.com months ago.They then tell no it wasn't.I tell her i have the conformation number she says that doesn't matter because my card is decline and i am not getting the room for the conformation price anyway.So after we hang up i call my credit card company and they tell me what i already new and that was my card has enough for the payment.So after that i call booking.com and tell them what's going on and they call super 8 while i am on hold.Then after click back over and tell me the miss under standing is fixed and to just print out my conformation.So the next day i drive over 900 to show up and the motel is giving me the same problem and telling me they can't give me a room for that price.So i had to call booking.com back again and let them talk to super8 again.And after i get the phone back booking.com tells me they will reimburse me the difference.So i then pay with the same card they claimed wasn't working with the $100 lesser price than the new price.I really like super 8 and always book my stays with super 8 but this experience has me thinking about using another chain for now on.

different price charged at check in then booking confirmation.

Super 8 Worldwidesuper 8 hagerstown 1220 dual hwy, hagerstown, md 21740 phone: [protected]

I made a reservation through Expedia for August 4 through august 6.
                            I informed Expedia of the arrival time as well as the location directly. The first cal I made was to the hotel directly. the Manager of the establishment was rude over the phone and did not listen to what I was trying to say to him then I was hung up on. I attempted to call again and I asked to what his name was and if I could talk to someone in a higher authority, Once again I was hung up on.
                            I then called Expedia again and gave them the particulars of my call . Confirming I had a reservation and the time I should be arriving . due to driving 5 hours from ct. They agreed to my request to have late arrival and confirmed my reservation.
                            Upon arrival the clerk at the location was asleep on the floor the location had a nasty odor. The clerk then proceeded to be very rude and informed me that I did not have a reservation and all the rooms were filled. He did not care that I had two children with me or that we had a reservation, nor did he attempt to make arrangements at any other location.
                            The location was being used for drug related activities and someone came into the build sweating profusely and no shirt on running straight through the lobby. Two other Caucasian males were pacing the perimeter and they appeared to be intoxicated with stimulants. I feel this establishment should have mew management and workers that are more consumer friendly. I will be calling to check on the status of this establishment.

Super 8 Worldwideroom

Reserved one of your rooms in vandalia oh from booking.com. the room was no where near what was advertised. Furniture was broken/missing pieces. Air conditioning and frig was acting up and staffed didn't have time to check it. Carpet was nasty. There was an opening in the wall for a valve turn off. The room advertised for this location was nothing like we got. I understand that we paid only 148. for our stay but this was crazy. There was trash behind dresser for who know when.

Super 8 Worldwideignored from rectifying an issue

Good afternoon,

Our company uses Super 8 as our go to hotel. One of our employees that was staying in the Slave Lake Super 8 forgot to tell the front desk about the discount on the first night he arrived. He did let them know the second night when he got in from a day of work. They said there is nothing they can do as they have to tell them on the first night.
                                I feel that this is unfair and emailed the manager at [protected]@super8slavelake.com (Nicole Smith/Charisma). She gave me the same excuse that he is to tell them on the first night he arrives.
                                She now ignores my emails as I feel this gentleman is being treated unfair as every other employee who stayed at the super 8 received the discount.
                                This happened in room 214 on the nights of the 23rd and 24th of July.
                                The customer service or shall I say lack off customer service I have been receiving is directly affecting our use of the Super 8 hotel.
                                Please help me get this gentleman a refund for forgetting to mention the discount on the first night.
                                Feel free to contact me at [protected]@soundinc.ca
                                Samantha

RESOLVED

s

Super 8 Worldwideemotional support animal being turned away

I have emotional support animals and I was going to spend one night in the Tuscaloosa location. Before I could even get in the door I was turned away and told that dogs aren't allowed. Before I could get a word out of my mouth he shut the door in my face. So I just left because of how rude he was and how embarrassed I felt. I have lawyers who help with my animal being turned away.. this was no way to treat a customer especially one who suffers from extreme anxiety!

Super 8 Worldwidesuper 8 mobile tillmans corner

The only reason I marked one star is because it makes you to write a review! This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever been in! When we first walked in the room, the room smelled so bad! There were cigarette butts in the nightstand drawer, hair on the sheets and pillowcases, water or some kind of liquid in the trash can, and the floors were slimy! Also, the room did NOT have smoke alarms plugged in, the wires were pulled out of the wall and the cover was in top of the microwave. I went to the front desk to let them know that our room was disgusting, and the lady at the front desk told me that they don't have anyone there to clean the rooms and offered to give me sheets and cleaning supplies to clean the room?! After i told her that is not happening, she gave me keys to another room. We went into this room and yet again, beds had hair in them, Bathtub was full of hair and dirt, smelled nasty, and floors were dirty, and the smoke alarm did not have a cover. I strongly discourage anyone from staying in this hotel!! Ever!!!