Suntrust Bank Card ServicesTravel rewards credit card

D Feb 16, 2021

I already had 2 flights booked last year for vacations, which included Monaco and Montreal, Canada. One was in March and the other one in June 2020. Since I was going to be travelling, I applied for a Suntrust Travel Rewards Card due to their advertised promotion, thinking that it would be helpful for my trips. Then, Covid came along and all my flights got cancelled. I never activated the card or use it since I wasn't able to travel anymore. In November -Dec last year, the Card services billed me $89 for membership fee because apparently their promotion was over. I called and explained to them that I never activated the card or used it, which they verified was very true, but they insisted that I pay the $89 even though I asked them to cancel the card. They sent me a letter on Dec 31st 2020, stating that they have cancelled my account, but I'm still responsible to pay the $89 whether I activated the card or not. I think that this is very unethical and unfair for Suntrust Bank to do this to their customers as they are very aware of the situation going on with Covid19 and people not having jobs or struggling financially. It's trying to take advantage of the situation with Covid19 by intimidating customers to pay for services that they haven't even used at all. My Travel Reward Account number is [protected]. I have been a very loyal customer with Suntrust bank for years, and now it's trying to destroy my credit score with the stress that goes with it. I'm a school teacher, divorced and with a daughter in medical school with loans. I can't afford to pay for services that I haven't used and be threatened with a letter. Please, take a look into this matter to prevent others from being scammed and taken advantage due to Covid 19. I have looked into the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint but I decided to get in touch with you first. Thank you and hope to hear from you.
Daisy Guruvadoo