Sunrise Hospitalhospital stay

While awaiting surgery, no bed available-left me sitting in plastic chair all dressed up in gown, head cover. In recovery, morphine pump inoperative. First patient room had another inoperative morphine pump, took couple hours to locate another. Nurse call system also out of order in this room. Wandered into hallway, iv pole and all to find nurse. Closest nurses station refused to help me as I was not their patient. Was told to go down the hall and find another nurses station on my own. Cying and wandering the hallway got attention of other patients who could not get a nurse to answer their calls for help either. Finally got a nurse and was moved to another room with a working nurse call button. This room had no working lights for my side of the room. One of my veins collapsed and nurses didn't believe that I was in severe pain. Had to have my husband return to hospital and raise a fuss. Dr. on call eventually came and instructed nurse to change arms for my iv medicines. I was initially moved into a patient room approx. 4 p.m. and discharged at 5 p.m. the next day and NEVER was put on the meal schedule. My husband had to provide all meals during my stay. I absolutely will never stay in this hospital again as the facilities and nursing staff are completely unsatisfactory and could be life threatening.

• Je
    Jesseblank Jan 19, 2012

My son is 10 months of age and had swallowed a penny, they life flighted him into Sunrise Hospital. upon arrival we were asked many questions that seemed far fetched and non related to the circumstances at all as well any questions we had were answered in the same matter, the only thing explained clear was there rules and policies which made you seem more of an inmate instead of patient. they would not do surgery until the next morning after we had just been told by another physician (not nurse actual doctor!) that we most likely would be leaving the same night. my son also has a heart disease called pro long Q T that many medications could start a reaction and put him into cardiac arrest. We explained this thoroughly and time after time but each TIME we seen another staff member, they had not an idea including the surgeon right before surgery of his heart disease. the operation took an hour longer then we were quoted by the surgeon and afterwards find out they spent 45 minutes getting an IV into him, of course we were not allowed back there so terrified and scared, strapped down to the table with no known faces around they poked at my son over 15 times! to get an appropriate IV in... the doctor informs me after the operation. Words cannot explain this experience detailing enough, not once did I feel as if I or my child was an actual person at Sunrise hospital, but another pay check. Far from home, after a night of restless sleep on the floor, for they did not provide any kind of sleeping arrangement, and forcing our baby to sleep in a foreign crib, more so like cage (policy they said), we went home. God forbid your child swallows a penny.