Sunrise Hospital Las VegasHarassment

N Review updated:

Went to Hospital after a night of severe kidney pain and unable to move/leave until about 4:30 a.m. I have a pelvic kidney and something was wrong that night. While kidney is usually smaller, deformed and turned backward, I never had problems before this. Radiology tests from this visit showed it to be much larger than usual and now larger than good left kidney. I was in shock that this doctor would leave and tell the student nurse to tell me I was fine. I am certain they will bill me for this visit, don't I deserve the right to discuss this with a doctor? It is my body after all and it was certainly not ghost pain, but what do you do when the doctor leaves the hospital. Who do you have to talk to and find out what has to be wrong with not only my kidney, but why a doctor would walk out of the hospital not discussing this problem with the patient. My kidney wasn't fine. The head nurse said there was noone for me to discuss this with at that time. I continued to have pain and because the medical care in Las Vegas is so negligently horrible and one doctor will not go up against another doctor, I went to Arizona for treatment but it took a few weeks to get there. That doctor looked at the films and said "I don't know why they said this was normal, it certainly is not" and showed me the size and location of the kidney on the films". Upon Sunrise Hospital billing, I contacted the hospital and told them of the doctor leaving at that ER visit, telling the nurse to tell me I was fine and check me out and then this AZ doctor saying what he said. Of course for liability, they protected themselves and the doctor and insisted I pay their bill. They even had a Florida collection firm call me and harrass me at work several times when their collection department didn't get anything from me. Of course I didn't, wouldn't that condone what they did? I filed a complaint with Nevada's medical board. I do have proof. I never heard anything until the medical board was exposed for being in the business of protecting the doctors rather than the community through the Endoscopy Centers (6 centers) fiasco wherein they contaminated many patients with HEP C (over 40, 000 patients were notified they better get tested) and very shortly after that I was informed by the board that they didn't find anything wrong with what this doctor did. Have they ever heard of abandonment. Of course they have. It is illegal for a doctor to abandon a patient and this doctor certainly did. Don't I deserve the right to discuss what may be wrong with my kidney with the doctor while I am in the emergency room? Am I not entitled to this? Of course this hospital and this doctor and the radiology department turned this into collections and I am refusing to pay. I don't know what really happened and why this doctor left if he really left but I was only one of two people in the ER that morning. There was not cause for this negligence. I later had to have a stint place to pass "sand". It really makes me so angry that they can tear up someones credit so unjustifiably unless you have enough money to hire an attorney to go after them. I am sick and tired of paying these Nevada doctors/hospitals when they are more interested in your money than helping you and your health.

• Mo
    monique Rivera Aug 11, 2014

on the Friday of 07/18/14, late night, i came in by
    ambulance, i couldn't bread, after an hr, in ER i was dropped
    @ Traumas floor, where i stay for 17hr, B4 having a bed in floor i222.

In trauma, i was ignored, only one RN name
    George was the only kind persson there, when he ended his shift, i got conplitely drop.

a friend saw that my blood pressure was up to 200 she had to flag a RN to show him.

@ the change of George's shift, i was told by a short hair RN, that i was NOT trauma, she was NOT my RN and that
    mine will be here @ 10am, turned out to be 1pm. till then i got no food no attention, next to me was the room of the

jail-bird w/a lots of cursing, could not sleep, my bed was from ER i guess, B/C i needed help to low/rise it up.

was I in Russia? OMG, and I love Sunrise, it is MY hospital by choice, but
    this time, I felt like i was in hell, or been punish, Well George came for a new shift, helped to do the paper work and wheeled me to floor

i222, so findly got some attention w/RN Travis and N aide Alex. I will never ever let them place me "park"in trauma

• Re
    REGINA M. DAWSON May 07, 2016

Sick and tired of the security guards all on me racial profiling and being rude. Also the check out clerks acting like hardcore collection artist racial profiling with evil tones. They act like if we can't pay rt then and there then they can't take the money and run outback to smoke a crack pipe or something. I love this hospital bc i was born here. So they can get off me but the nurses and doctors are all alright and kind to me. I'm regina marie dawson aka kkoffee.

• Ke
    Kendra1898 Dec 11, 2016

Hi, My name is Kendra, I visited sunrise hospital Sunday December 11, at 1 am. The staff are very rude and they are very big liers.. I ask them At least, 5 orc6 times to move my legs, they told me to wait and I asked again and they start whispering and ignored me..i had to call 911 in order to get the house nurse on call and she was just as crooked as the rest.. she tried to tell me that she wasn't taking side which I new she was. If you sick, visit UMC, a much better hospital or valley view, just stay away from sunrise because, they treat people like crap, especially if they think your not to smart.

Cheri Ryan Mar 15, 2020

Service is extremely slow and the nurse is rude and they don't seem to have anything in order