Sunglass Hutthey broke my sunglasses but refuse to replace them

K

I received as a gift a pair of sunglasses from Sunglass Hut in New Orleans that cost over $100.00.
After Hurricane Katrina I had to move to Atlanta. The sunglasse arms became loose and I was afraid
if I tried to tighten them I would break them. So I, therefore, was in the Atlanta airport and went to
the Sunglass Hut there and asked the technician to please tighten them for me as I was sure he had
the correct equiptment and the knowledge by working in the store. He tightened them for me and
due to tightening them too tight they cracked. I was infuriated as I've never owned a pair of sunglasses
that were so expensive before. After talking to managers the store refused to take any responsibility
or replace the sunglasses because they were not purchased at that store and they didn't have the same
style in stock anymore. They advised me to go back to the New Orleans Sunglass Hut which was
closed after the Hurricane for some time. I have emailed and called their customer relations but
continue to get the run around on this for nearly 2 years now. I can't believe they couldn
't just substitute a comparable pair or any pair that wasn't broken. They had me going in circles
and have still never rectfied their mistake and I have the broken sunglasses. I feel they should
have employees that know how to tighten glasses without breaking them and should have given
me a new pair regardless of the fact the style I had purchased was not available anymore. HELP!

• De
    debbie Nov 04, 2008

I work for a Sunglass Hut in Boardman Ohio and I disagree with your negative comments because we stand behind our product and if something is wrong with your glasses, we replace them at no cost. So I'm not sure who you were dealing with but not all Sunglass Huts are the same and you should not slander them all for your one misfortunate experience!!!

• Lo
    lobo1 Jan 03, 2019

@debbie I thing all sunglass hut are a fake. and employees working with the stores are a fake.
    my wife and I have the same experience !!! with a store in California.
    I complaint to Macy store . in California the were embarrassed and refund all my money.
    After the macys supervisor talkt to the employee. of the sunglass hut store.

jonnywaffle Jul 12, 2009

they riped me off onmy oakleys, made me pay $25 more than the cost and the style was discontinued.

Jonah Micheals Nov 01, 2010

wow so you're complaining about a company that gave you a free pair of sunglasses...

• Do
    Don't Buy at Sunglass Hut Jul 10, 2012

I have to agree with Kim. Perhaps your store is different Debbie, I sure would have loved to hear "we stand behind our product and will make this wrong right" or "sorry your sunglass is defective, here's your money back" but here in Concord, CA I just bought a pair of Tiffany & Co. sunglasses and my experience was FAR from that. First time purchase with Sunglass Hut and I've saved and saved to be able to even spend over $20 for a pair of sunglasses. Within the first three days of having the sunglass the nose pad broke completely off. When I took it back to the store only 5 DAYS after purchase to say - hey, I think something's defective here I was told the product was "imperfect" and that clearance Tiffany was considered "Imperfect" and thus may not be returned or exchanged. Oh yeah, and the sales clerk was also telling me that there's a frame warranty but the nose pad isn't part of the frame. Say what? The metal part that holds the nose pad on IS part of the frame!#$!! I was BLOWN AWAY. Here Sunglass hut has the nerve to write on their receipts, "Your COMPLETE Satisfaction With Your Sunglasses Is Our Satisfaction" - yet, looking right below that there's the HUGE 6 inches of disclaimer at the bottom of the receipt. This will be my first and LAST time shopping in a Sunglass Hut. Horrible, Horrible experience for me here in Concord. I really feel for you Kim having to spend 2 years...that just sucks.

• Dreamlandx314 Jul 10, 2012

How long have you own that pair of free sunglasses? The wear and tear of every day usage depreciate the value, just like a car. If it's too old, even if it's a written policy on the receipt, the store is not responsible for the breakage because they have no idea what you have done to it.

• Dreamlandx314 Jul 10, 2012

Many stores have clearance, final sales. Becareful of what you are purchasing prior to folking your dino to the cashier! As the consumer, you have the right to inspect the product, before making any decisions of you wanting to purchase or not. By the way, how much did you paid for your tiffany's sunglasses anyway?

Savannah L Apr 25, 2013

I had a problem at a store in Memphis in the Oak Court Mall. I got a good taste of Sunglass Hut's warranty, it's worthless! I bought a pair of Ray-ban sunglasses for a gift and was told if the person I bought them for did not like them they could either bring them back for a refund or exchange. The person I bought them for found the exact same sunglasses at Macy's for about $35.00 less so we decided to take the glasses from Sunglass Hut back. The crooks would not take them back and offered no reason other than we can refuse refunds even though that violates their posted policy and actual law pertaining to retail transactions. I was so pissed I started asking around at the Hospital where I work and was shocked at the number of people with horror stories about Sunglass Hut. I have learned my lesson and these crooks will never see my butt in one of their stores again, I am doing like Maui Jim and quit doing business with this sleazy company...

• Da
    Dave1982 Oct 13, 2015

I purchased a pair of Prada sunglasses from the website for $350 what I got was a box containing the case for glasses and inside was just a lens cleaning cloth I'd like to think that the thief at their store gets fired called customer service they were polite and said I will be refunded my money and I'll get a 10% discount off my next purchase thing is will I get another empty box of I order again? This was my first ever order with the company and they totally dropped the ball on me giving them a good review

• Al
    Alba Martinez Jun 26, 2019

the screws were put on their own as they were only put I think this company sells used lenses that have been repaired are some thieves told me that I bought the screws in the Ray Ban without them responsible and I have to pay for the screws and the Shipping please buy directly from the store of the brand this trash company sells used products.

Comments
    Comments

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices