Having problems with Sun Tan City?

Sun Tan City Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sun Tan City Customer Service. Initial Sun Tan City complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sun Tan City above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sun Tan City. Discuss the issues you have had with Sun Tan City and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sun Tan City Complaints & Reviews

Sun tan city fountain city knox tn location — credit card/account info/customer service

I signed up in feb for the 6 month tan package.in february I specifically asked about the summer months bc we...

Suntan Citybad customer service

I had a spray tan for the first time at suntan city in Brandenburg KY. The woman that waited on me was so rude and hateful! I had never done the spray tan before so I had a lot of questions. She acted like I was a nusiance and that I was bothering her! Also my daughter was with me and when the woman finished explaining the process to me, which was very informative, she went to the front of the store and said " I just hate dealing with stupid people! My daughter heard this and proceeded to inform me after my session was done. She was going to tan today but decided not to due to the remarks and rudeness of this employee!!! I still have 2 sessions left but it will just be money wasted because I refuse to give anymore of my time to rude individuals who don't want to do their job...

Sun Tan Cityfree spray week

Free spray tan week can be very frustrating for spray tan regulars. Long wait times with 1st time tanners and machine breakdowns due to increased traffic.

Understand that this promotion is critical to your marketing efforts. However, would you consider letting your highest tiered clients with annual spray tan contracts have priority over new and non paying clients.

I tried spray tanning 3x this week at 3 different locations Springfield. Wait times were 1.5, checked in and came back, still had 4 people in front of me. Different location both machines down. 3rd try, checked in and returned, still a back log due to 1st time tanners

Sun Tan City — tanning bed complications

I have been tanning with this company, Sun Tan City for a year and never had a problem till yesterday. I...

Sun Tan City — automatic monthly credit card charges

On February 21st I paid cash of 21.99 at Shepherdsville location for a month Fast Level tanning package. The...

Sun Tan Citycustomer service

I phoned store on Mudd lane, Hillview KY to inquire about the fast bed pricing, I was on hold repeatedly, I understand they are busy, but the rep was not pleasant at all. Got the requested information, the proceeded to drive up, only to be told on arrival that ALL the fast beds are out of service, I asked about when they expect to be back in service was told no idea, depends on when service technician repairs, asked about upgrade, told had to pay for upgrade. Needless to say I left, had I been told by phone the beds were out, I would not have made the trip. I phoned customer service, was on hold for 20 minutes, no answer, I gave up! Your customer service leaves much to be desired! Now looking at going out of my way to tan!

SunTanCity East Townes Madison,WI — tanning services

On jan 16, 2017, I arrived at 7:45am cst for a tanning session at this salon. I noticed that there were no...

Sun Tan Cityeverything

I went last week to pay on my account.. $29 for the faster bed.. then I went to a different location here in Nashville, tn and was told I owed $29 more.. I wasnt even told at the last one that it was for last months... then the location I was at today it was very nasty and the worker was rude and didnt help at all. Old hickory blvd hermitage, tn! Needs to be shut down! Sucks because thats the closests one by my house now I have go across town to be taken care of the right way!! Absolutely ridiculous!! My bed was disgusting.

Sun Tan City — service

Hello, I am a regular at Sun Tan City in Winchester ky. I love the deals and the employees were always making...

Sun Tan City — the workers

First of all the workers are very rude and do not know how to talk to customers. Secondly, they have done...

Sun Tan Citycustomer service store managers

The staff at sun tan city are all incompetent, no brain, trash. They steal your money and act like they can never refund you anything. I went in to specifically cancel a membership a week prior to the first of the month was guaranteed this had been taken care of come to find I am charged another 50 dollars and the store manager "doesn't remember me coming in" -- as if that makes any sense. Terribly run company.

Sun Tan City/Sunless Tancustomer service/policies

I purchased a sunless tanning package. I received two sunless tans a month. I didn't use these in the winter so they built up so that I have 14 on my account now. I froze my account since I had so many. I thought I would use these and get them down before I unfroze my account. Then I find that while your account is frozen you can't use your sunless visits. I can't share them with my daughters. If I cancel I lose them all and the money I have already spent. This is a ridiculous policy since I have paid for the sunless visits. It isn't a bed so it is on my account.

Suntancity.com — they haven't sent my card and no news from them

I paid for the membership on the website www.suntancity.com. I waited for the card and confirmation info, but...

Sun Tan Citybad service,

Sun Tan city will set you up with an auto pay, and on it's customer service line tells you to just go in and cancel when you want. You can but you had better make sure they put it in writing. Just asking an employee and them telling you it is done apparently means that they will keep auto-deducting from your account. When I called to rectify this they would not refund even though it was 2 months after my last visit. They auto deducted 284.37 before I could get it to stop. The last part I called and they had already had a "hold" before the start of the month. That too was not able to be recovered. So the moral is get everything in writing!! This place is a total scam, and if they get their money care nothing about customer service.

• Kg
                  KGH123 Mar 23, 2015

My account was cancelled after they took funds off of my credit card. I spoke to the regional manager about it and suggested they look into improving their policies around billing. The regional manager just smirked and tried to be little the situation. The horrible and unprofessional regional manager needs training on her customer service skills. She again (after taking my funds) cancelled my account; I fortunately know the CEO and Founder of Sun Tan City and contacted him. It is against the law to take people's money and not provide the service they paid for plus never gave a refund which is illegal.

Sun Tan City, Greenville, NC — Franchise partners/owners need to be replaced unfair treatment of employees and customers

This Sun Tan City was in the Top 10 Country Wide until they started playing head games with employees causing...

Sun Tan City — I approve of stc

I was trying to find out some information regarding if I had purchased a Tour of the City package at one...

Sun Tan Cityhorrible customer service and deceitful

They have insanely high membership fees and you have to tan at least 2 months. I was told I could tan one month but I couldn't cancel until the end of the month. I almost walked out because of that but they ensured me I would not be billed until the end of the month. Sure enough, I was billed in the middle of the month. When I called and explained the situation they said there was nothing they could do and they could not refund me. I also asked them to cancel the package but they said oh no you are not eligible to cancel yet. How is it I can't be eligible to cancel??! Then.. A 2 months later when I was eligible I called back and they said oops.. Sorry we can't cancel it for you. You have to create an account with us online then you can cancel. Worst customer service ever. Not worth it at all. Do not go here! If you are going to stay on a forever membership then it might be fine but otherwise.. Look elsewhere. I was charged $101 for one month plus membership then another $65 for another month in the middle of the month. Horrible horrible horrible. This is the first review I have ever written online... I never want to ruin someones business but in this case... I feel like it is my duty to protect anyone else from getting completely taken advantage of.

Suntan City — stc scams

Suntan city in knoxville tn (fountain city).My husband got a membership the day we got back 2gether.Wendy...

Sun Tan Citywithdrew money after I canceled account

I went to sun tan city to use their spray tans because really you can't beat their prices. After a a few months I decided not to continue and canceled my membership I was not billed for 2 months. Then all of the sudden a $180 charge showed up on my account! When I called to demand a refund they said it could take up to 2 weeks and it wasn't guaranteed. Excuse me? I canceled my membership 2 1/2 months ago and you aren't 100% sure you can give me my money back? Ridiculous! This company is scam! DO NOT USE THEM!!!

• Je
                      Jennifer Archibald May 28, 2014

Tanning beds are very weak and you don't get any color unless you use the high-priced bronzing lotions they sell

Sun Tan Citybad service if you use your account o it's fullest

If you use your package to its fullest it seems you get horrible spray tans. I always notice the person waiting on me gets a strange look on their face and starts reading my account and then I always get a lousy spray tan I can get products just the same a LOT cheaper on eBay. However, the next 3 or 4 spray tans are terrible Seems to be a cheaper version of the spray tan I got in the beginning and before they hounded me to buy their products and I refused. Can't prove it but, have been out and had conversations with other big users and they all have had the same complaint. I even had two STC workers look at my account and one say, "look at the number of times" this was when I was upset over not getting what I paid for (upgrades) and what I was told I would get. They would NOT refund my money at all. I will NEVER buy any product or upgrades from them again. I will do my monthly service and if I can ever confirm there is a scam to give people that use their account to its fullest bad results to try and get them to buy products or slack off their usage I will file, and ask the court to make it a class action lawsuit. I have heard many many complaints like mine as I work with a large public population that can afford and do tan at tanning facilities. Not all use Sun-Tan City but, the majority do.

• Jt
                        jtinker20 Apr 23, 2013

you crazy if you work for them! wow!

• Id
                        IDC1234 Aug 12, 2012

HAHAHAH! if you think that the employees can mess with the spray tan equipment and give you a bad tan you are crazy! as a employee of STC that is just hurtful that you think we would do that. Its the clients choice whether or not you buy something. Also, there is no way we could tamper with our equipment... Either Mystic Tan or VersaSpa, everything comes pre-packaged and everyone gets the same solutions. NO MATTER WHAT. that would just be morally wrong and STC would not have as many loyal customers as we have if this was happening. Think before you post things like this!