Having problems with Sun Tan City?

Sun Tan City Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sun Tan City Customer Service. Initial Sun Tan City complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sun Tan City above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sun Tan City. Discuss the issues you have had with Sun Tan City and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sun Tan City Complaints & Reviews

Sun Tan City — money returned

On May 2nd, 2012 I was contacted by my bank for having been overdrawn. As this is a savings account, imagine...

Sun Tan City — not returning money

I quit Tanning at Sun tan city at the end of February 2012, after numerous things always being explained to...

Suntan Cityhorrible/rude customer service

I had went back after not tanning for almost a year and once again they were alllllllll rude and they never give you correct information about anything they want your money and they want to SCAM you out of everything it is absolutely outrageous. Now i was promised a instant refund b/c the jwoww lotion broke me out oh well let me just tell you after they told me INSTANT, it was then changed to 7-14 business days! Sneaky Sneaky business I WOULD LOVE TO SPEAK WITH CORPORATE... Dont waste your time with them stick with what you know like i will take my business back to Sunsations!!!

Sun Tan Cityrude customers and down computers

I was in there Monday night. The computers were down once again (seems to be an ongoing problem). Honestly only one lady appeared to be actually working and getting customers through the line. She was doing really well considering the place was packed. Two very large ladies got mad cause a few ladies got to go before them. It was dumb cause it was not even the beds they requested. One of the large ladies asked the blonde lady her name and if she was a manager. She replied back with her name and she was a manager. They got mad and took it out on her. One cussed at her and told her she was rude (so not the case). I felt so sorry for the lady. She tried really hard to make everyone happy. The computers really need to get fixed soon but don't take it out on the workers there. It is not their fault at all! They also might need to get some better help cause the little blonde seemed to be doing everything while the other two just looked clueless!!!

Sun Tan Citytanning

I also have a complaint toward Sun Tan City. I have been a member since they became local and it used to be ran better and much smoother. There is such a large turn over with employees and there fore they never know what they're doing. Very long waiting time to tan and most of the time only one person working behind front desk. The long lines of customers waiting to tan is crazy!!! I see people walking in and turning right back around all the time because of such a long wait time and I've done it too. The computer systems are either froze, slow or not working is always their excuse. They always screw up my account and never have my upgrades right!!! Also, the promotions that they do for anyone to take advantage of (including non sun tan city members) aggravates me because then it makes it even worse to try and tan. Those people aren't going to become sun tan city members just because of that promotion... They can't even keep the members they have now happy

Sun Tan Cityhorrible service

I feel as if I have been scammed! I purchased a membership package one week ago, priced at $80 per month. I have gone twice and both times I was there for 1 1/2 hours! The third time I tried to go I waited 1 hour before being told there was a 50 minute wait for my bed, I cancelled my membership and left. The problem is that their employees obviously work off commission, so they sit up front signing people up and just totally forget about the actual tanning that they promised. On the third time, for the entire hour while I was waiting in line ALL of the instant beds were open. Literally, for a complete hour no one tanned in one of those beds, then I was told there would be a 50 minute wait??? One of the employees selling a membership spent over ten minutes trying to convince this woman she needed to buy a bottle of $60 lotion, while the woman kept insisting she already had lotion that worked well for her and she did not want to buy any. Maybe she could have saved her breath and cleaned some beds instead? This place only cares about the money, they do not care at all about customer satisfaction. After I cancelled and left, I called the corporate office to tell them what had happened and told the woman I wanted my money back, and guess what? She denied it. So, I would really like someone to explain to me what they mean by "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed"? I spent nearly $150 (counting lotions and all the random stuff they convinced me I needed) to tan two times. I'm obviously not satisfied, but they're not going to do anything about it. This place is seriously a scam.

Sun Tan Citybad service

Up until now I have always had decent service at Sun Tan City, nothing to complain about. But not too long ago they were having a free tan week. Usually I got the spray tan but for this particular event I wanted to try a different tanning bed.

When I got there I told the receptionist lady I wanted to do the “free tan thing”, expecting her to nod and then ask me about my options, but instead she rolled her eyes at me and looked at me like I was stupid, like it was going to be a huge job for her to have to talk to me.

Well excuse me! What did she want me to do, explain in explicit little detail everything I wanted, right off the bat? I was hoping to get a little information from her, or at least a polite greeting. I wasn’t being rude, so there was no reason for her to be rude to me. Why do companies hire such rude people? It isn’t good for business.

I emailed the company to complain, but they never got back with me. With this kind of customer service and such rude and grumpy employees, it is no wonder they are losing business!

• Jt
              jtinker20 Apr 23, 2013

well the fort oglethrope stc is at it again! they have put fliers on MY customers cars ! i cant believe these people can sleep at night knowing what they are doing! this is one of the most rude steps a business can take tring to gain business, for god sakes ...dont go to stc!! all they want is your money ! i have had to fix people after they give them that $5.00 dollar spray tan and trust me its hard to fix a bad spray tan! ihave called corp several times and i want to talk to the owner but he will not call me back . man whata way to do business!!!

• Jt
              jtinker20 Mar 25, 2013

sun tan city moved down the road from my salon and during their process of gaining customers they put flyers on MY customers cars! im beside myself with this! im just a small business tring to make a buck and this ginormous company want s my people ? i think that sun tan city is the of the worst companies i have EVERA DELT WITH they are rude and they dont care if you get a tan or not! they are greedy rich people that are gonna keep on going until they put all the small tanning owners outta business! their motto?? come to the city and take over the neigborhoood! that ought to tell you what kind of people they are! i hope they go down as fast as they went up!

• Le
              Letmetellya Apr 15, 2012

I am not sure what is going on with the hiring practices of Suntan City. After several "RUDE" episodes at my neighborhood location, I decided to try one in another community. I traveled 8 extra miles hoping to find the relaxing spa experience that they advertise. Barely in the door I felt the angst among the clients that were at the counter. Stepping forward, I could hear the exchange. The customer in front of me was getting the usual grill about lotions and the girl at the other register was being being told she could only stay in the bed for 8 minutes due to the fact that she had not been in for 2 months. She was trying to tell them that she had been to the beach and also had tanned at another salon. Suntan City employee responded with "we have no record of that" . This is crazy! I always feel like STC is trying to cut people short on time and always trying to sell LOTION! I get it that LOTION is a big part of the income stream, but when there is a line out the door, maybe a simple " are you good on lotion?" would work. It is bad enough that Obama imposed a "white tax" on tanning beds, could we please give the minute police and lotion pushers some lessons on tact.

Suntan Cityhandicap discrimination

I have had lots of problems with the management- ( DISTRICT) & upper management- they are not willing to tell the owners what all is going on!!! #1 they are anti-handicap (thats the way I feel) and I have been discriminated against because it takes me longer to tan- Let me explain- I have to take the braces off of my right leg and I just take a little longer to get in and out of the beds... I most often use the stand-up bed because its easier for me to get in and out of, the last time I tanned I did the stand-up and then the spray-tan, near the end of my spray tan somebody was banging on my bed and screaming and yelling, I did not know what was going on and was scared to come out, i did not have my cell phone so I picked up the phone in the bed that is suppose to go to the front desk but nobody was there to pick it up- I looked out and could not see what was going on, then a woman came toward me cursing and screaming that she had to go to work and I took to long and I said its always going to take me longer, she threatened to kick my ...and said she had my number and chased me to my car- the next time i came to tan I was told I was not allowed to tan at suntancity anymore and to call this number, I called it and it took 4and half days for the man named Al to call me back- i told him how I felt and I told him other things that had gone on there and he said that none of that happened and he didnt have time to investigate it because he ran 123 stores and 6 more were being open that week and he didnt have time to talk to me anymore about it! I asked if I could talk to owners about this and he said NO we are not bothering them they have new stores being opened... Al said he would call me the next day and never didnt, suntan city is still taking my monthly membership money and will not let me tan!! I fell in the spray tan bed 6 months ago and hurt my left knee and called the front desk and the phones were not working, i called the customer service# & they were closed- I called my husband, I got injured there and I feel like suntancity is discriminating against me because now my left knee is bad and they just dont want to accomidate me because the stand-up bed I tan in need the bulbs changed and they said they need changed but they are not going to change the bulbs just for me! There is a bait and switch that I have seen them do to other customers- I told Al about it, he said nothing about it!tHE DISCRICT MANAGER KATIE SAID I WAS A LIAR and I EXAGERATED And THAT I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUNTANCITY ///?????***###///??????yes...thats how I WAS TREATED!!! christy rushton my number [protected]- please help!!!

Sun Tan Citybad attitude employees

I have usually had a decent experience at Sun Tan City until recently. They were having free tan week and usually I do the spray tan but I wanted to get in a different bed for this event. The lady basically rolled her eyes at me when I said that i wanted to do the "free tan week" thing. I don't have enough room to go into detail. I don't have the room to tell everything. I emailed the company and they never even got got back to me. No wonder they are losing business!!!

Sun Tan Cityattitude from employees & long wait

I thought Sun Tan City was great at first, despite all of the complaints I had heard from friends about the place. I decided to check it out. I walked in to a pretty decent environment, top of the line equipment, nice set up, clean, organized, etc. The employees seemed fairly nice and helped me sign up quick and easy. I scanned my fingerprint because of their "policy" which is members have to scan a finger so others cant use your package. The lotions are a bit pricey, I had brought my own so I didn't have to buy any, thankfully. I supposed if you can splurge and "treat" yourself it'd be a good buy, just make sure you ask an employee the best lotion for your own skin type. All lotions are different to your own skin. They do have quite a few bed and booths, and I liked the fact that each individual bed and booth had a decent sized private room with a lockable door. Very clean and neat. Every time Ive been the bulbs always seem bright and new and the employees actually do clean the bed and booths after every customer. I say "they actually do" because I have had experiences with other tanning salons where the employees didn't clean the beds or booths right after someone else used it, one lady actually sprayed pure bleach onto a bed and wiped it with a rag. Ive walked out on all those tanning salons. Disgusting, maybe they should be the ones I should be complaining about on here. :) As far as Sun Tan City I would give it an 8 out of 10. It'd get a perfect 10 if the lines weren't so long every time I go in. I know its due to the fact that so many people signed up for there $10.99 a month unlimited fast tanning bed. Basically its the cheapest bed, its still a really good bed but you do have to go more often than you would with the faster, fastest, instant, or sunless. So thats why they're always so busy, I assume anyway. And the only other issue i have is the fact that after you sign up and the employees "get you" as far as signing you up they lose there cheerfulness and friendliness. Maybe they're so grump because they're always so busy. I dunno but hope this helps :)

• Po
                    poora91 Apr 17, 2011

Aaahhh, another attempt to advertise for the company, by offering a small insignificant complaint all the while extolling the other 'great' services and attitudes they have...I avoid such places after reading this type of underhanded advertising, as this is a site that is trying to make public LEGITIMATE complaints, So i have a complaint against YOU now!

Sun Tan City — hardball tactics, horrible spraytan

Hello, I am writing this complaint because while I agreed to a price for a spray on tan, I did not get what...

Sun Tan City — treatment by employees

This is the worst, most rude, snobby, cheating, lying, place I have EVER Been. They place adds for 1 week...

Sun Tan City — nude photos taken

When I entered Sun Tan City Monday night I was told it was a Sun Tan City Holiday. The staff pressured me to...

Sun Tan City — removing free pkts of tan lotion and reselling them

I am a member of Sun Tan City and today while I was waiting to tan, I saw the manager and another employee...

Suntan City — never work at stc

I've been working at STC for about 3 months now and I can honestly say it is the WORST place to work. I...

Sun Tan City — merchandise

I like Sun Tan City because although it is more expensive than the other tanning salons, the hours seven day...

Sun Tan City — keep taking money out of your account

I canceled my account with Sun Tan City however they continued to take money out of my checking account. I...

Suntan Cityworst service known to man

I went to the SunTan City in Portland Maine and received the worst treatment ever. Not only did it take them 15 minutes to aknowledge me, but i must have interupted their lunch because they put their food down and gave me the look of death without a smile or a "how can i help you"!! The guy behind the counter kept pushing anything and everything on me from tanning lotion, to packages, to eyewear and moisturizer. All I wanted was a tan!! When I refused to buy anything I was brushed off and put into a room without being shown how to use the bed! I will never return to that overpriced, under serviced crap hole again! I strongly encourage people in this area to find a local place where you are treated properly for the money being spent! Clearly every STC has customer service issues, is this the way they train you??? Boo to you SunTan City!!

Suntan Cityrip off

Rip Off City! $11.00 for a pair of "Peepers" that cost them .50 at the most. Waiting 10 minutes to get checked in while someone smells all 300 bottles of lotion. Basic tanning beds suck, you have to upgrade to get any color. Constant hawking their products very annoying.

• Im
                        imhisbabygirl Oct 22, 2012

Yea the girl @fountain city stc.she did my husband the same way.

No tanning for me Mar 20, 2012

It is def irritating when you are trying to get checked in and the employee is taking forever to sell something to a customer!! I went in to the Frankfort location on 3/16/12 to tan for the first time. One girl was waiting on a client and it was HORRIBLE! I got to hear about her boyfriend and how the customer was getting a spray tan so she could look hot naked for her boyfriend. The employee could not seem to stay on topic for anything!! One poor little blonde was checking in customers and cleaning beds also. I felt so sorry for her!!! I was in there for 30 min and the one employee was still with the same customer and the one girl was doing the best she could. Needless to say I left!!

Sun Tan City — awful experience

I like the whole unlimited tanning for a single price a month, but the idea of giving them my credit card in...