Having problems with StubHub?

1866 788 2482 (USA & Canada)
1800 770 534 (Australia)
1800 436 0113 (Mexico)
+1 415 222 8400 (International)
+44 800 783 0260 (United Kingdom)
199 Fremont Street, Suite 300, Floor 4
San Francisco, California

Complaints & Reviews

Stubhubmisleading ticket sales

StubHub indicated that TNDirect had tickets to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Row A. When I was directed to TicketNetwork.com, the ticket was represented as Row A-EDG. I never saw this labelling before, and even Google'd "A-EDG." Upon finding no indication of what A-EDG meant using Google I bought the tickets. When they came, they were row Y (the last row)!! StubHub said that they are not affiliated with TicketNetwork.com. TicketNetwork.com said that the tickets were non-refundable. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. Avoid both StubHub and TicketNetwork.com.

misleading ticket sales

Stubhub — invalid tickets

For a company such as stubhub which boasts "It's simple: We back every order so you can buy and sell...

Stubhuberroneous selling of my tickets

I once had tickets for sale but the event rescheduled to a date I could attend. StubHub emailed me noting that I could still use the old tickets OR... OR I could re-list. I did NOT re-list and they no longer showed as being listed under "My Listings"... then they sold! After several emails between myself and SH - they not only did NOT resolve this, they threatened to cancel my account!

Stubhub — ticket fraud

Stub Hub cannot be trusted. The Stub Hub Sellers cannot be trusted. Stub Hub does not stand behind its fraud...

Stub Hub — do not use stubhub

I have had an absolutely dire experience with this website, and I have never felt strongly enough to leave a...

Stub Hubfake tickets kentucky derby

We purchased tickets to the 139th Kentucky Derby via Stub Hub. The tickets we purchased were supposed to be in section 121 with clubhouse access, covered grandstand. We received section 119 tickets with Clubhouse access. Having being wary, I called stubhub who proclaimed the tickets were valid for entry and we were "upgraded."

This however, is NOT the case. We were indeed not upgraded and our tickets were FAKE!

We had family come in from across the country for this event so the lady at the gate took pity on us with each subsequent red warning beep and gave us new tickets which demoted us to even worse seats (we paid $2000 for fake tickets!) with no clubhouse access like we had purchased.

We are VERY disappointed and will never be using stub hub again!

Stubhubnever delivered

On 3/26/2013 I sold 2 tickets on StubHub for the Washington National's Vs. New York Yankees exhibition game under contract # Order #: [protected] . A month latter I still do not have my money. StubHub first said there was a delay in transfer of the finds. Then they investigated and found they only send money to MLB once a month. Then they were going to have an investigator get back to me. Now they are just ignoring me. I would NOT recommend their service to anyone as I just paid $89 to learn this lesson, Just because a business has a link to a MLB team website does not mean they are a legitimate and reputable company.

• Belleville Apr 29, 2013

I was told that unfortunately they sold out of the model I ordered and were unable to get any more so they were sending a different manufacturer!

Stubhub — non delivery if tickets

Bought tickets through stubhub yesterday and informed would receive a confirmation email... no email...

Stubhub — wont reprint my stolen tickets

I am writing to you out of total desperation. I have purchased tickets to the Justin Beiber concert in Miami...

Stubhub — wrong tickets sold to me then what they were supposed to be

Bought 2 floor seats for the Nuggets game. When we got to the game realized the tickets which we paid good...

StubHub.comthe worst experience with a ticket reseller I have ever had

I called them about the most expensive tickets for Tori Amos on December 14 on September 15 and their policy is that if a broker says "orchestra row A-P" they cannot give you ANY other information.

Why would a company who put me on hold for 20 minutes waste my time and THEN be SNARKY when I told them at there is a BIG difference between row A (front row) and row P, which would be unacceptable to me. The lady actually got ANGRY with me.

Do not call this foolish website that, truly, has no right to exist. And when is the behemoth monopoly called TicketMaster going to be disbanded? When people buy up all the good seats that are $75 marked on the ticket and then try to bilk you out of how ever much they think they can get away with, well, those people are evil. Concert tickets should be sold to fans... not money making machines who do not care about Tori Amos (or, insert your favorite musical artist here) and probably don't even know who that band/singer/person is.

The worst experience with a ticket reseller I have ever had...plus, if I would have gambled with my seat, I would have had the privilege of paying a 15% finder's fee AND $11.99 for expedited shipping, even though the show is 3 months away.

• Gu
              Guarge Mar 05, 2012

Stubhub promised to find me "comparable or better seats" then 3 days later they tell me I'm not covered by the protection guarantee and all they have left are seats in the back! I paid for 3rd row floor seats! I called everyday and they kept promising to fix the problem. Now I'm stuck with nothing!

Stubhubillegal tickets?

I wanted to by tickets for an upcoming Rush concert in Toronto, Canada. According to the offical Rush website (and that of the official ticket retailer) as of this moment, those tickets are not even scheduled for sale yet. However, I checked over at stub hub and guess what?? They are selling tickets for this show! Not just general tickets either... specific sections, rows and seats. Then stating that there are only so many tickets left before being sold out.
            This has GOT to be illegal. I KNOW there is no way they could get their hands on tickets before even the offical fan club or ticket retailer has even annouced a date for those tickets to be on sale. They have to know this, and allow it anyway! I did send them an email about it. I sincerely doubt they will contact all the people who have bought tickets to tell them they have been dupd though.

Stubhubtickets were invalid

I ordered tickets for me daughter and son to attend a Mav's game and they were sitting in there seat when another couple came in and had the same 2 seats with there tickets. All four people were asked to leave or buy more tickets, my daughter bought 2 more tickets and i called first thing Monday morning and was told that there was and issue and that i would get my original money back (235.00) of which i did plus they would give us a credit of 225.00 to our account, this never happen and the guy that promised us this transaction will not return a phone call. I have all of this documented in an email dated back to [protected] and the "Executive Customer Care Specialist is Ryan Moge. I will not stop until i get this cleared up

Stub Hub — sold bad tickets

I purchased tickets for the last REGULAR season game of the New England Patriots which was on January 1...

Stubhub — honest seller got scammed by buyer

I have been a valid user and honest user of StubHub.com for years. I buy and sell lots of tickets on...

Stubhubno tickets

On 11/26/11 I ordered 2 tickets to the Big 10 Championship on 12/3/11 in Indianapolis. I received an email telling me I would have the tickets 12/2/11. I immediately emailed them telling them this was unacceptable as I don't LIVE in Indy and will have to leave on the 2nd to get there so how was I supposed to received the tickets? They replied promptly and told me there was an error. That the tickets would be sent out 11/28/11 via FedEx overnight, meaning I would have the tickets on 11/29. Well, I spent all of 11/29 sitting at home (when I could have been at work making some money) and, no tickets. So, I sent another email. They promise a response in 8 hours. 24 hours (and 3 more emails later) I still had no tickets and no response. Again, I stayed home all say 11/30 thinking SURELY I would receive the tickets today. Nope. Nada. Finally called. Was assured I would have the tickets "in plenty of time." I assured THEM that, if I didn't receive them on 12/1 they would NOT be in plenty of time and, since I had hotel and limo reservations if I didn't have the tickets on the 1st, I would be cancelling. The agent put me on hold and called the seller who told her he was sending them out tonight (11/30) so I would get them 12/1. Problem, CANNOT sit home all day as I have an appointment 1.5 hours away that will take 8 hours so how am I supposed to be here to get my tickets? So, I am leaving a note for FedEx to leave the tickets with my neighbour. If I get home tomorrow and there are no tickets, that's it. I HAVE to cancel the reservations for the hotel and limo and I will NOT pay for the tickets to the game. The worst part? Disappointing my son.

• StubHub's response · Dec 01, 2011

Hello Tdspringer1,

We apologize for any delay with your shipment. Please keep in mind you are covered by our FanProtect Guarantee which guarantees your tickets delivery in time for the event. Most importantly we are here to ensure your experiences with us are great. We are working on your order and want to make sure your son makes it to the BIG 10.

StubHub ECC
                    1866 STUBHUB

• Td
                    tdspringer1 Dec 02, 2011

Doesn't alter the fact that they were 48 hours late getting here, putting ME through hell. And your promise to answer emails within 8 hours (or sooner!) is just more hot air. Well over 24 hours elapsed before anyone answered my emails...and I had already called.

Sorry, the $57 fee you refunded, while nice, doesn't do jack for the ulcers you gave me not to mention two days I wasted sitting home waiting for tickets to be delivered. I am now out about $500 in wages for those two days.

I will not be back. I get much better service elsewhere.

Stubhub — charged fee

I am a season ticket holder for multiple professional sport teams. I recently sold 2 tickets for a game...

Stub Hubhorrible experience

I was selling two NBA tickets on Stubhub. I thought the tickets had not been sold as they were delisted two hours before the game, so I issued new tickets for a friend to go to the game. It turns out the tickets were actually sold right at the two hour mark (the time when Stubhub delists tickets). After the game, I discovered the tickets had actually been sold and the buyer could not use the tickets.

Stubhub purchased new tickets for the buyer to use. The tickets cost $1700 vs the $270 that the buyer actually paid for my tickets. Stubhub charged me $1700 for the mistake. After reaching out to customer support, Stubhub agreed to reduce the charge in half to $850. Then, after realizing I had not been refunded for the charge, I reached out to Stubhub again. Stubhub said the refund had been denied. Upon inquiry into the denial, Stubhub asked me to contact them "as soon as possible in order to resolve the issue". So I contacted them as soon as possible, and they told me that they asked me to contact them in order to inform me of the denial.

One egregious $1, 700 charge, one lie about a refund, a ton of time and effort in dealing with the issue, and terrible customer service sums up my horrible, horrible experience with Stubhub.

• Updated by StubHub! · Feb 03, 2010

Dear Spig,

My name is Jeffrey from Executive Customer Care at StubHub. I read your post and would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered while using our services. I understand that after purchasing tickets for the Cotton Bowl, you planned a trip around the event and were therefore concerned with the expected ship date. It seems you had to place many calls to our customer service department regarding your tickets’ shipment and had unfortunately had long hold times. I also recognize that ultimately, the tickets were not provided to you by the seller and as result, you refunded under the Fan Protect Guarantee once StubHub responded. Again, my apologies for this experience. I would like to address your concerns regarding our level of customer service, ticket shipping, and fulfillment of orders.

With regards to our Fan Protect Guarantee, rest assured, it does cover our customers. It states that you will receive your tickets in time for the game or your money back. As StubHub is a secondary ticket marketplace and not a ticket seller, we do rely on the individual sellers listing through our marketplace to fulfill their orders and to ship their tickets within a timely manner as possible. We ask our sellers to ship their tickets immediately, however cannot guarantee that they will as StubHub does not hold possession of the tickets. Our Fan Protect guarantees however that you’ll get your tickets at least one business day prior to the event. Fulfillment issues are rare with our services and are taken very seriously if/when they occur. While highly unlikely, if for some reason a seller cannot come through, we’ll do our best to obtain replacement tickets to ensure the buyer’s entry into the event. If replacements are not available, we’ll honor a full and immediate refund. StubHub also monitors seller behavior and when sellers cannot come through, they are held liable. They can be held financially liable for the cost of replacement tickets and can also receive a warning, suspension, or even account deactivation.

At StubHub, we are fans like you and we are here for our customers. We want our customers to be a success buying and selling their tickets through us. We strive to make the entire process as easy and convenient as possible, while providing the best customer service experience online and over the phone. If that was not the case here, we would like the opportunity to review your experience and any breakdowns you may have encountered with the service. We’ll be sure to address any necessary coaching or training opportunities with our staff as to provide the best customer service possible in the future.

That said, I would like to discuss this further in greater detail with you. We recognize this was not a good experience and we’d like to review and see if there is anything else we can do to try and provide a more satisfying resolution. Please email me at [protected]@stubhub.com, Attn: Jeffrey, with your order number along with any other questions or concerns you may have had. Thanks and I look forward to your response!

• StubHub's response · Nov 23, 2011

Hello Bads,

We certainly apologize for the hassle and confusion with your order. As StubHub is a live marketplace, it is certainly possible for fans to purchase tickets up to the two-hour point before the game. For future orders, you can always check to see if your tickets have sold by logging into your StubHub 'My Account' and selecting the 'Sales' option.

We would certainly like to look further into these charges and discuss this order with you. Please send an email to [protected]@stubhub.com with your StubHub Order Number and best contact information, and we will be happy to reach out to you directly regarding this issue.

Thank you for reaching out, Bads! We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Emilee D.
                      Executive Customer Care
                      www.StubHub.com

• Sp
                      Spig Jan 28, 2010

I had a horrible experience with Stub Hub . I bought 7 tickets for the Cotton Bowl on 12-7. THey said they would ship on 12-28. This concerned me because it was a Sunday - hello? Who ships on Sunday. They said, "Don't worry, you have the Stub Hub guarantee!" If I ever hear that one more time in my life I will throw up! On all the times I called trying to call and find out where the ###@@@!!! my tickets were, they told me this. Well, after about 5 hours on hold over 2 weeks (no I am NOT exaggerating!), and about 40 phone calls - none of which were returned, I never got my tickets! We were driving to Dallas on New Year's Day (the day before the Cotton Bowl) In 3 different cars (8 hour drive) with NO tickets. Finally, about 2 in the afternoon, I talked to Tom. For the first time, someone actually called me back - Tom - to tell me that, So sorry, we can not get you tickets. We will give you your money back!" Hello, I had hotel rooms, 3 car loads of folks, dinner reservations all for a fun packed time in Dallas with No tickets to see Ole Miss play! And guess what, after he told me I would get my money back, he said, "Is there anything else Stub Hub can do for you?" I was speechless for a second. Then, I said, " I think you have done quite enough." I will NEVER use them again. PLEASE do not use them yourselves. They will cause you misery!

Stub Hubviolated their own terms and conditions

I would first like to state that I have always had a great experience with stubhub up until this situation. On Monday August 22, 2011 we purchased 4 Broncos season tickets on Stubhub, and at quite a steal for $500 total we figured why not, if we don't get them someone else will. Ok so at this point it is just a pipe dream, even though Stubhub's Terms and Conditions state that ALL SALES FINAL.

• StubHub's response · Oct 22, 2011

Hi Ink3d!

We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced. Please email your order information to yourfeedback.[protected]@stubhub.com and we'll be happy to reach out to you.

StubHub ECC
                        1866 STUBHUB www.stubhub.com

Stub Hubstay far away

I tried to buy some baseball playoff tickets to take my grandkids. I saw a good deal just above face value and entered all my information, credit card etc and thought our transaction was complete. The next day I get an email saying that the Seller made an error in listing the tickets and was cancelling the sale. I talked to StubHub and asked them to persuade the Seller the seller to go through with the deal, since it was his error. They refused to help in any way.

StubHub explained what all their fine print means: they lock in the Buyer and give the Seller 48 hours to “confirm” the sale for whatever reason: Seller error, better offer etc.

Their FanProtect means nothing: all they will do is allow you to cancel the transaction and to attempt to purchase other tickets on their site for the same price and on terms as another other customer. Their discussion about finding you “same or better” tickets is meaningless in this context. eBay would never tolerate such bad behavior by a Seller and does absolutely stand behind their marketplace with cash, but not “same or better” tickets.

• StubHub's response · Oct 20, 2011

Hi Katerbury,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've encountered. We strive to make every experience a great one for our buyers and sellers. Please email your order information to [protected]@stubhub.com, we would like to review your order and reach out to you.

StubHub Executive Customer Care