StopzillaAutomatic renewal

M

I signed up for stopzilla once due to a problem with my computer. The software worked as far as I could tell. However, the next year I got charge on my credit card for automatic renewal for one more year, for which I did not recollect signing up. I complained to my credit card, who inquired with stopzilla, and advised me that the charge was legitimate and to contact the vendor for details. I called stopzilla and I was advised that "I should have read their terms and conditions before downloading because the terms and conditions clearly tell you that by downloading you are agreeing to pay for automatic renewals each year". I was also told that if you do not agree to this condition, you cannot download the program.
So, I was stupid enough not to read their terms and conditions thoroughly (cannot remember how small the print was and how long it was, and where this particular condition was hidden) and I have ended up paying for a renewal.
This is just to warn anyone who decides to download this product of this condition the vendor has, and to expect a charge 12 months from the download. And there is nothing you can do about reversing this charge.

• Ca
    Caro51 Jun 30, 2012

I had charges from Stopzilla that I didn't authorize over 5 yrs. ago and now again, it has been charged to my credit card. I've notified my credit card, plus called "Ben" above and left a message after the recording. Will let you know what happens, if anything, Apparently this is fraud, as I have a completely different pc after 5 yrs. and no authorization or purchases from Shopzilla..Fraud.

• Co
    ConcernedDenizen Jan 25, 2012

Yeah... I found this forum an hour too late. I just got charged, so hopefully this Ben guy can help me, too. I just emailed him. Maybe there is hope after all?

• Dd
    ddwm May 21, 2011

I had the same problem with them. they charged my AMEX and I spoke to AMEX who immediately took it off my charges, as if this is happening all the time. Fraud.

mahendra26 May 16, 2011

Stopzilla has refunded the money.

jazmin577 May 15, 2011

same thing happend to me...paid $380 and my computer still the same. and Ben Groshek is not answering my calls!!! i just want my money back.

jazmin577 May 15, 2011

did any of you got the refund coz i don't see any positive feedback here.

• Ben Groshek Apr 18, 2011

Hi Harlequin,

I would be happy to assist you as well. That is my real contact information, so please don't hesitate to email or call me. I'll be able to locate your account, and refund the transaction for you.

Regards,
    Ben Groshek
    Email: ben at stopzilla.com
    Phone: [protected] ext. 128#

mahendra26 Apr 17, 2011

I called the number and spoke to Ben. He was very gracious and promised to refund the amount - awiting credit card statement to verify.

mahendra26 Apr 17, 2011

I called the number listed and did get to speak to Ben. He was gracious and promised to refund the disputed amount. Awaiting credit card statement to verify.

• Ha
    Harlequin Apr 16, 2011

I would like to know if Ben Grosheks suggestion worked. I just found a pending charge on my credit card for Stopzilla and I removed it from my computer a long time ago. I tried to get some help from their site but nothing worked.

• Ha
    Harlequin Apr 16, 2011

I would like to know if the number or email address above worked for Mahendra26. I just checked my credit card statement and a charge is pending for Stopzilla which I removed from my computer long ago..

• Ben Groshek Apr 11, 2011

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My name is Ben Groshek, and I am the online communications director for STOPzilla.

Please contact me via the information provided below, and I’ll have your account canceled and refunded for you directly. While I would love for you to continue using STOPzilla, I certainly understand if you do not wish to, and will have the account adjusted to your satisfaction.

Thanks again,