Stansted Airportmeet & greet car parking & security clearance

Ref:
5th August 2016
Flight Ryanair FR8853
Meet & Greet Reference SLMG2283193

I am writing to complain about my experience at Stansted Airport on Friday 5th August which due to the chaos at your Meet & Greet car parking and terrible security clearance which resulted in our family missing our flight.

We arrived at Stansted airport for our Ryanair flight a bit late due to accidents causing hold ups on the journey but we arrived at about 3.30 for our 4.40pm flight on Ryanair FR8853. Unfortunately this is when the problems started, first of all there was traffic backed up because the barrier to the Meet & Greet car park was not working, when we finally got through we parked the car and went to the Meet & Greet office to hand over the car keys.

When we arrived at the Meet & Greet office it was chaos, excessive queues of people waiting, people complaining about lost cars/keys, this caused a delay with us getting to the check in desk. However we still made it in time for check in and checked in with Ryanair for our flight.

We then went to security to go through to departures, here again we were delayed, myself and my wife went through security after quite a wait in line but my daughter and 2 year old grandson were stopped for further searches, the security staff took bags and some soft toys from my daughter for further checks and left her standing by a desk with her son in the buggy. My daughter waited there for some time but no one returned with her bags and the child's soft toys, eventually concerned about the length of time I had been waiting for my daughter and grandson I returned back to security and found her standing at a desk not knowing what was going on.

I then searched for someone to speak to about her belongings which hadn't been returned, I then discovered that they had been put back through the scanner and some items were sitting on the conveyor waiting to be picked up. The soft toys were not there though so we had to leave without them. I can not believe that security staff would leave a mother and child without any explanation what they were doing or tell her where to pick up her belongings, how did they expect a mother with a buggy to get back through all the people to pick her belongings up?

The delay in security meant we had to run through the departure area to our gate only to find out the gate had been closed 2 mins previously.

We then had to get back out of the departure area of the airport, no one could tell us where to go and this was also a terrible experience, eventually we found our way back out by following Emergency Exit signs and collected our off loaded luggage.

We then returned to Meet & Greet to get our car back where we were met by total chaos, there were queues of people snaking out of the office and along the walkway, the staff didn't have a clue what was going on and had lost keys and cars, people were complaining, children crying. I have never seen such a mess.

After waiting for over 90 minutes and repeatedly asking when I would get my car keys I was offered my keys, only they were not my keys they were the keys to someone else's car! 40 minutes later I finally got my keys.

The chaos at your Meet & Greet service caused us to miss our flight and I had to book another outbound flight for the following day with Air Malta (the only airline with anything available) at a cost of £1, 397.88. We also lost the payment we had made for a car hire which was £347 as we were classed as a no show because we could not rearrange the booking.

As I am sure you can appreciate I am furious that these problems were all created by your Meet & Greet service coupled with Stansted Airport's security clearance and would like to know what you propose to do with regard to compensating for the loss. My suggestion would be to pay me for my loss which totals £1830.88 (this includes Meet & Greet car parking £86.00).