SST Financial Services Canadafailure to provide account information

I had a loan with wells fargo that was sold to dbgs anthem lp and sst financial is supposed to be collecting payments for them. The loan transferred from wells fargo in march 1 2012, since I have called sst three times trying to get someone to give me an account number so I can continue to make my payments and not have my credit affected any further. My last time contacting sst I was told my account is closed and being sent to collections after they have failed to provide me with the information I need to continue my payments. Also with wells fargo I had made a deal to pay off my balance and clear my account with them which sst say they have no record of and cannot honor any deals made to me by wells fargo. This company has screwed me over and are causing my credit to take more of a negative hit. Does anyone know if there is some legal action that can be taken against this company? You can email me if you have any suggestions at [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ib
    Ibrahim Mohamme Nov 22, 2017

Here is a good news for those interested. There is away you can earn money without stress contact (Sarkpaya Gokhan) for a blank [ATM CARD]today and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine anywhere in the world. I got my master card from a good Hacker on the internet, with this ATM Card I am able to collect $5000 dollars every day via contacts: +[protected] {[email protected]}
    I was very poor but this card have made me rich and happy, If you want to get this opportunity to become rich then apply for this Master card, I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $240, 000.00 dollars SARKPAYA GOKHAN Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy and he ALSO OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. get yours from Sarkpaya Gokhan Hackers today. Kindly contact them by Email [email protected]

• He
    HeyJohnnyBoy Jan 30, 2015

SST is not a collection agency, they are a servicing company. Almost one of a kind, as they do collecting when needed, though provide customer service the rest of the time.
    A Collection agency would not care about helping you avoid a bad credit score, SST tries to help you avoid by calling you to collect money before the 30 day limit. I remember one agent telling me "sir, I want to take your payment today as you're close to 30 days past due, and I want to avoid you having a 30 days miss on your credit report". if that's not helpful, I don't know what is.
    They also provided customer service when I called them in, such as giving me my balance (sounds granted but keep in mind most collection agencies just call you, they don't recieve calls). When I asked for a due date change, as my pay schedules didn't matcht the due date, they did that for me, as they knew it would save my life. (because folks, our credit IS our life, in our capitalist nation).

Of course, if you haven't payed for 2-3 months, being close to a charge-off, they'll put more pressure on you, telling you the consequences of not paying (such as R-9 on your Credit Report and/or Repossession of your Vehicle). @Dale Sunley: It's not a "threat", it's FACT!

@fedup2014 and others: If you end up having a higher balance or payoff amount than expected, it cannot be their fault. SST is bound by the FDCPA (Fair Dept Collectors Practive Act) and other Federal and State laws that FORBID them to make ANY changes to your contract, such as collecting "more money than you owe them". They are forbidden to change your interest rate or take a PENNY more than what stipulates on the contract. And the contact doesnt say "youll pay X amount in exactly Y years, to the penny." Interest, and alot of other variables can change the end date, and payoff amount.
    I would ask them to print out a transaction history of your payments, and I'm sure you'll find that the 'extra money" is just fees and interest because of late payments. Who here can say that they ALWAYS pay BEFORE their due date, for 2, 3, sometimes 15 years? It all adds up in the end. I thought the same thing before they showed me the facts by sending me my transaction history, where I saw some late payments. It all adds up in the end folks.

And of course, keep in mind that if one agent doesn't do his job, it doesn;t mean the whole company doesn't. Submit a complaint and they'll nail that agent themselves.

Anyways, I realize alot of us have felt screwed with companies, but I really recommend you conduct research, with valid proof before you file a lawsuit. Because believe me, companies like this... they protect themselves. and EVERYTHING is recorded and kept somewhere in case someone, or a group such as yourselves, try to take action. Ask them for transaction history, ask them for proof. Speak to a Supervisor. It might take a few days, but they'll provide you all the proof you need.

Sources: I have a friend who works for SST. He's the one that told me about FDCPA. I myself have a loan being serviced by them, and have accused them of some of the same things you guys are, and they provided me with proof and evidence backing up the fees and higher amount I had to pay at the end of my loan. Essentially, I was "put in my place".

• Fe
    fedup2014 Dec 05, 2014

This institution/collection agency is nothing but money shark; they will do everything in their power to ensure they collect money which you dont owe them; they will find every problem in the book to prove that you still owe them; Im sorry but I need to take this one to the Media, enough is enough. They are total rip off.

Dale Sunley Aug 13, 2014

I have had similar problems with them, they keep sending me a letter stating I owe and am late on my payment when there is no payment to be made. They will not say what its even for. I do not even have outside of a satellite and cell phone payment that come out automaticly from my account. This outfit needs to be taken to court. they keep threatening it will wreck my credit rating.

• Bw
    Bwhitnack Jul 23, 2014

My loan was also always paid on time with Wells Fargo and I was hurt and unable to work. The insurance on the loan was paying it
    until I was able to go back to work(almost 2 years)The loan should have been paid off but according to SST I still owe then almost half the original amount. I refuse to pay them it is unethical and I am sure illegal.

• Do
    donnadm Mar 31, 2014

Hi there,

My husband and I had a loan with Wells Fargo along time ago and we have paid it of but now we just found out that it on are credit rating saying that we were always late on payment. So now we can't even get a loan cause of it. So I have been trying now for at least four month to get a hold of someone but all u get is a computer saying leave name and number and someone will get back to u in 2 to 4 business days. We had this loan payoff before it was sold to SST F.

• Mi
    millyn Mar 27, 2014

I write this after having read the number of comments existing here: What is happening with the class action law suit mentioned in jaylaw's post of March 24, 2014? We are both chronically ill pensioners who get awoken every morning at 7a with their computer calls; when they first took over our account they sent me a letter advising this and called me 3 times before the due date to remind me I needed to pay. I have told them repeatedly that we can not pay on the due date; we acknowledge we owe this money - we are on a fixed income and pay when pension cheques arrive. You can not pay their bill at a bank you must give them access to your account via direct debit - not ever going to do that. They also informed me that I could make a double payment and the would never call me again. We did - they start calling a week before the payment is due, sometimes up to 5 times a day - I just keep repeating myself over and over - we are not delinquent, and in any event the law gives a number of days grace - I could understand this if our payment was large and we missed several - but come on for $26.25 a month they wake me every morning for the entire week before the payment is even due. And the interest rate is obnoxious 28.80%.

jaylaw Mar 24, 2014

These people have collected over 450% interest from me on a $5000.00 loan I took out in 2008. This I'm sure is Illegal.
    Any word on a class action lawsuit?? [email protected]

• Ds
    DSM22 Jan 24, 2014

Hello,
    I have had the displeasure of working with this company and they are horrendous. I attempted to payoff the balance of my loan using their telephone payment method. Got everything setup and the payment was due to flow in 2 days. Get a call that night at home from a company rep that tells me to put a stop payment on my regular monthly amount that was due the day after my final payment. I do this- my expense of 12.50. Idiots do not process the final payment and the regular payment is refused by my bank as I requested. They charge me an NSF fee. I pay off the whole thing because the sooner you get rid of these ###s the better. To put icing on the cake, the agent that told me to put the stop pay on the acc't is not with the company a week later!!!
    I had sent their 'Escalation Dept' a letter explaining my issue but you can bet I will hear nothing from them.

• Du
    durhamm81 Jan 21, 2014

this seems a bit fraudulent and I am in same boat. I was transferred to SST and have not got any info mation from them in regards to my account, contact me if going against this company durhamm81 at yahoo dot ca.

• Il
    ilea Jan 02, 2014

To all going thru the same. NCO does not have actual documentation of loan accounts. Just the amounts transferred and sold. My friend borrowed from Wells Fargo but they never paid his debts. He cannot get his original paperwork or proof of pay outs, and his credit has been tainted by SST. Wells Fargo in Courtenay, had him re-write his loan and offered more. He ended up getting two different ID numbers on his final statement from Wells. Just so fishy and ridiculous how paperwork and proof of cheque and money transfers mean nothing. Anyone else get a re-write or missing payments on debts???

• Se
    Serenia Dec 12, 2013

To Leane77
    It appears that SST Financial has 2 locations - one on Montreal Quebec, and the other in St Josephs, Missouri, USA. So it is probably registered in the USA, not in Canada. - http://www.sst-mo.com/index.html - This is the SST website - the MO clearly stands for Missouri.
    SST has a parent company - NCO Group - http://www.ncogroup.com/ - Their HQ is in Horsham, Pennsylvania, so they are also registered in the USA. NCO has locations in Toronto, Brantford, Ontario, Hamilton, Belleville, Sarnia, (all in Ontario) as well as in Edmonton, Montreal and Vancouver. I've just been told by Citibank that they sold my paid-in-full debt to SST financial which is why I know all this. I will not be calling SST Financial - because that may start the clock on my debt. Instead I will wait for them to call me first. But first they have to send me a letter.

• Ca
    Carol60 Oct 22, 2013

I did not know Wells Fargo sold the accounts. I had given WF post dated check and all have gone through except the last one which was suppose to go through on October 14. I know the check use to take up to 5 banking days before. I tried to find out if everything was okay but I found out about them selling our accounts. I am not happy about that. I moved to Europe over 3 years ago but I kept one bank account open in Canada for having to use it for Canadian business. I hear class action lawsuit in this tread. If someone starts one please let me know as I will join if this is not set right by the end of the month.
    For a lawsuit contact me at [email protected]

• Applefish Oct 18, 2013

Although I have never had a call from SST, I was weary from the get go. I have checked this page many times, and sadly read all the post about SST. I am almost done paying my load back, and couldn't be more happy. Well, that is if they ever stop charging me this high interest. I agree that this "company" seems pretty shady. I would never have dealt with scammers like this by myself, I know better.

• Le
    Leane77 Aug 12, 2013

I have had my issues with SST as well. I called one day to see why I have never received a statement and was told that I had to check it online. I even set up for estatements online and have NEVER received one whatsoever. I have conducted a corporate search for SST Financial Services Canada and there are not registered here at all. I am not sure if they run under another name but as for SST, there is no corporation registered in Canada under that name.

• Ve
    Veryangry78 Aug 09, 2013

I too have the same problem! Firstly, the daily interest SST tacks on to my principal is ridiculous - not at all what I agreed to on my contract. It comes close to $4 / day - I agreed to 29.9% / year...I did the math...not even close! PLUS, when SST received my account, the interest was already included in my total! I have always been in good standing and can't quite understand how a 5 year loan would still be at a balance owing of $3600.00 (+) after 6 years..
    I finally received a statement of payments made to SST FINALLY after my 6th request! They also included my 1st agreement with Wells Fargo, that had since changed as I had re-loaned and changed my interest and payment date, which they claim they do not have on file. Also, they do not have any record of what I had already paid to Wells Fargo...
    Please include me in the class action suit once it is filed - this company really needs to be investigated...
    Not to mention the people working for the company who call when I'm literally 1 day late on paying treat me like dirt. Every call I'm in tears because they are so rude!!

madd guy Jul 28, 2013

wow 4 dollars a day interest

madd guy Jul 28, 2013

can anyone give me a number to call these doosh bags just been looking for 2 god damn hours

• Co
    Colleen Webster Jul 05, 2013

I too have been affected by the selling of my account from Wells Fargo to SST. It has been a frustrating time since 2012 but I have managed to keep in contact with the settlement department which has tried to be helpful. The phone number is [protected] Ext.50985 and you want to speak with Maxine. Anyone short of her has not been effective in my particular case.

Annnie Jun 03, 2013

I had been paying extra money to get rid of this rediculous loan that never seems to go down. Even if you pay extra to try and pay it out. There are payments missisng that I had paid while they were on the phone with me. Those payments are nowhere to find on my statemets. Then before they changed from Wells Fargo to SST that extra money is gone as well. Never went to either company by their opinion! They are a farce and taking advantage of people who cannot afford to pay them in the first place with their new interest rates! Is this company a scam, where has all our money gone people!!!

• La
    La Facture Apr 26, 2013

The French Program "La Facture" on CBC in investigating the issue. If anyone of you has a story to share with us (in French), let us know. [email protected]

• La
    La Facture Apr 26, 2013

The French Program "La Facture" from CBC in investigating the issue. We are interested to hear your story if anyone of you speaks French... Write me at: [email protected]
    Thanks

• Pa
    Pat_48 Apr 15, 2013

I to had my Wells Fargo contract sold to SST. I managed to get through to them once, for a change of address and balance. Since then I have not been able to get through to them regarding a monthly statement. If there is a lawsuit I would like to be part of it. I was not comfortable having my contract sold, I new the name Wells Fargo. I have never heard of SST. It makes me nervous that a Company I don't know has my personal information. Please keep me informed. My email is [email protected]

• Pa
    Pat_48 Apr 15, 2013

I to had my contract transferred to SST. If there is a lawsuit I would like to be included. Like everyone else I do not receive statements. I'm unable to get through to them. my emeail is: [email protected]

• Ka
    kat wtf Mar 27, 2013

Do not pay this company. My truck has been paid off since 2006, but they have me down owing more then I paid. It took me two yrs to get through to them by phone in 2010' I requested copies of everything on file. Nothing! They have had me in repo with so many companies it not funny. One even breaking into my home. I'm filing a suit against them. They are a third party collector. They have no rights. They will not honor any agreement to pay off. Also THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR PINK SLIP.!!! Call your original lien holder!! I'll be back with some much needed info asap.

• Ba
    Babyleaf Mar 04, 2013

SST financial was the same when I called in. Wells told me that all of my husband's files had been transferred to SST when I called in I went through the ringer to be allowed to speak on his account. The customer rep (left out service on purpose, no real service here) said that I would have to resend in my SIN, DL, Phone numbers, Address again to talk on his account. I asked her do you see me on my husbands file, she replied yes. I said then you don't need my information again. After talking with the customer rep she finally gave me an account number cause I told her I wanted to be able to make additional payments, and I found the following website https://www.accountinfo.com/SST/controller.asp?cmd=ShowLoginPage where I was able to register my husbands account and track my payments. As a former Wells client we don't receive statements from SST as SST doesn't send them out to Wells clients, but I am able to make sure that every thing is on track. I believe that SST has transferred some of it's employees over from their collection department and forgot to tell them that on this end it is supposed to be Customer Service, not harassment. My payments are done in Oct this year as after reading all the complaints here we decided NOT to make any additional payments, (fear of them saying they didn't get them). I wish everyone who has to deal regularly Good Luck!. I can't wait till our account is done and closed!.

• Sh
    shappiroo&happiroo Feb 04, 2013

thanks for your input, though my complain was not of the pay out amount, but the harassment of phone calls i get, the change of date for my loan payment was agreed and had sent out their forms and still i get these phone calls on the 20th of each month, my payment date changed from the 20th to the 27th of each month

• Jc
    JCChagnon Feb 04, 2013

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I called the number [protected] that was listed on the covering letter advising me of the transfer of the Well Frago loan to SST. I spoke to a courteous person who advised me of my current balance, the amount of interest added every day and the date at which my loan will be paid up. No sweat!

• Sh
    shappiroo&happiroo Feb 01, 2013

same here am having the same peoblem, took out a loan with wells fargo 2008 sign new forms which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

gurontooburton Jan 31, 2013

people, lesson learned?

• Fr
    frustratedinsask Jan 30, 2013

I took out a $7000 loan with Wells Fargo in 2007, my payments were $383 a month. DGBS took over in 2009, and shortly after that ...SST. A few months ago, my fiance asked me how much I owe on the loan. I forgot all about it, as it comes out of my bank evey month. I told him wasn't sure, and I'll check the next statement when it comes. Well after about 3 months of waiting for a statement, I called my bank and asked who was taking out that payment every month? The bank told me I SHOULD be getting statements. I called this SST asap! All I ended up with was a rude kid, who seemed to not know anything. I called my bank back and put a 'stop payment' on my account. Finally SST called me. I still have do not have all the answers I wanted, but they told me I still owe $2000! ... I did the math, and I have already paid them approx $18, 000!!! I have not given them the last payment, ...I do not feel like I owe them anymore. This is criminal! But I have made an arangement when I will make up the lost payment ... I want to buy some time. Has anyone taken legal action against them? I just made the arangements with them 3 days ago, and they have already called me TODAY 8 times at my house!! And 5 times at my work! I spoke to someone tonight, and told her I made arrangements, and she was basically calling me a liar, then hung up on me! WTF? Then called back an hour later and hung up again! Please email me if you have persued legal action...this company needs to be stopped. ([email protected])

• Ou
    outragiousinottawa Jan 29, 2013

I have just got off the phone with SST. I paid my loan in full and tried to get back the insurance that was prepaid in my loan a full 13 months early. they said they are sending me a check for 152.34 which they said was for the 156 days that I prepaid my loan. They can't count because I paid my loan off on Dec 14/12 and the due date for the loan was Feb 1 2014. There's more than 156 days. Anybody out there with a class action suite I would love to join in on.

gurontooburton Jan 25, 2013

media wouldn't care

gurontooburton Jan 25, 2013

They call me nonstop, I told them I will record our conversation as well, just to keep things fair, the twit babbled about their company policy and hung up the phone right quick!

annieb1 Jan 25, 2013

hmmm I wonder if we went to the media this would have an impact.

Dawnjackson Jan 03, 2013

I have been digging around the internet trying to find information on this company SST Financial services. I found out that they are a division of NCO financial. Their company office is THE exact same as SST financial's office. Jason Hunter is the division manager for BOTH companies. I did find a link that some of you may be interested in It's regarding the HEAD NCO office in Horsham, Pennsylvania, But what it has to say is rather interesting.

gurontooburton Dec 22, 2012

I'm still waiting on my paperwork to show up, I made sure the people who were recording my conversation knew what I had to say, they got scared and hung up on me after telling me to have a nice day! I'm still waiting for Vito and his buddies!!!

• To
    tooscoops4u Dec 21, 2012

I had some issues with this compay. I would like to persue legal action against well fargo for selling my account without my knowledge and consent. I signed with Wells fargo not SST. I just recently agreed to a settlement and sent payment. 3 days some knob from SST called about the account. He looked it up and I told him never to call again. I called this lady back to confirm she was sending the letter for settlement. She has not responded. she did call me back to confirm she did get my message indicatiing I sent the money and she got confirmation number.

• To
    tooscoops4u Dec 21, 2012

I just agreed to a settlement and the lady from SST was suppose to send me a letter outlining this agreement. I have her name and number. Three days later a guy calling from there about my account being in the arrears. I told him i have paid the settlement and he said it was on record. i told him to stop calling me as i owe them nothing. I have called this lady back but she has not responded.

I would like to be part of this legal action as Well ### sold my car loan and this personal loan.

please email me at [email protected]

Darryl1967 Dec 06, 2012

So is it illegal for a company like WF to transfer your loan balance owing to another company then the other company (SST) charges you an increased interest rate without any written consent or permission by the consumer ?
    That would be like a company taking it upon itself to increase the amount of money you borrowed from previous company, hence more interest, without you knowing or permitting it... it really sounds fishy to me.. we get calls upon calls from them even if we are a day late with a payment.. and even after a payment arrangement has been made .. its harassment, & I told them so .. they are on my call block list .